Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 05:23 PM)

Well, his gold isn't quite the color I associate with GPS and I see little, if any swirling in it. But hip ratchets in gold plastic that loudly clicked once only to be suddenly silenced. Hrmm. Messing with it now, one leg has no ratcheting and the other ratchets at something like 80 degrees apart.

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

I like that figure. :(

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

Please no GPS on HFTD Sea Spray...

@  Darth Gonzo : (21 July 2018 - 03:32 PM)

That moment when you realize GoBots is being talked about more then Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 02:11 PM)

Anyone have experience with HFTD Seaspray? I just bought a used one (for a buck!) and all his hip ratchets broke on first movement. Does he just generally have fragile ratchets or is GPS starting?

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 09:24 PM)

Remember it, for it is the last thing you will hear before I *shuffle* EXPRESS MY FEELINGS IN SONG!!!!!!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Blitzwing, eh?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Huh.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 06:29 PM)

He leaks his crankcase, then we all catch a few new dents.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 02:58 PM)

Quick, somebody put his hand in some warm oil and see what happens.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Guys, SSSHHHHH. Megatron is passed out right over there, and dude is a MEAN drunk. Don't wake him up.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 02:04 PM)

*checks Hasbro's offerings* so, never. :(

@  Jetstream C-18 : (20 July 2018 - 01:26 PM)

They're all hugged when Omega Supreme gets back

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 10:00 AM)

Megatron is hammered! Now, I, Starscream am leader of the Decepticons!

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 09:47 AM)

And megatron is so confused as to why no one is shooting at him anymore that he starts binge drinking.

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 AM)

Grimlock eats them for lunch.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 08:09 AM)

Optimus wants to free the Minicons. Ultra Magnus says it infringes states' rights.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 08:07 AM)

So... the nicest beings in the universe are fighting with each other?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 08:01 AM)

No Decepticons. It's Autobots Civil War.

@  Gryllid : (20 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)

New York Comic Con is in October, maybe there?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:49 AM)

So.. thus far, Hasbro only revealed Autobots for Siege. Any ideas which show they will reveal the Decepticons at?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:44 AM)

So where did the "Stege" logo come from? All I can find is Sipher posting it an making fun of it. Where did that inconvenient version originate?

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 11:53 PM)

True. But it was due to Transformers' use of the name that Saban at the time couldn't use it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 11:38 PM)

But that's not necessarily a reference, just an attempt to use "Technobable" name.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 10:57 PM)

It's not Power Rangers, but Saban's VR Troopers was originally going to be titled "Cybertron".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 09:26 PM)

@paladin Energon would be too obvious. That's why I like Ore-13. It's not overt.. but still a nice nod.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2018 - 08:05 PM)

the original Sentai called it "Enetron." all they have to change is ONE LETTER.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 06:26 PM)

@saberblade True.. But I don't know.. I just want something simple like the "Energy source" in Beast Morphers to be Ore-13 or something like that.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 05:41 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: Operation Overdrive did have a weapon called the "Transtech Armor" ;)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

*sigh* This is going to be a long subline.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

I already hate the overuse of "STEGE".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 04:16 PM)

I just want Power Ranger refferenes in TF and Vice versa now.

@  Onyxstrike : (19 July 2018 - 11:32 AM)

I think Hasbro might be after more than just my money this time around with these reveals.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 02:39 PM)

@TheMightyMollusk Thanks for clarifying.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM)

@Otaku, most people were oblivious. The smart ones did their emergency shopping the day before, so there wasn't much left anyway.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 09:37 AM)

@wonko Only happened a few times and I don't remember the exact details, but yeah.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 08:06 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Is that really the same thing? I mean, it is if the people were casually shopping and oblivious to the danger to them or the employees of the store, but if they were desperately trying to get needed supplies themselves... or am I just supposed to be smart enough to know you wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't the former? >_<

@  wonko the sane? : (18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Okay, what? I've had to explain why the TV wouldn't work when the power is out to children, but never to an adult in their right mind.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:44 AM)

*When I worked at the cable call center, some people wondered why their TV wouldn't work when there was an outage...

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:43 AM)

w

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 03:11 AM)

We had people still trying to shop while we were being pushed by state police to shut the store down due to flooding. The police finally had to help herd them out.

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Or working for an airline and people complaining about not being able to take off in severe weather, and expecting us to know when the bad weather will end. *points at window*

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:34 PM)

Outages/fire alarms are fun when you work retail and people complain that they can't keep shopping.

@  Echowarrior : (17 July 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Outages occasionally happened at the fulfillment center I used to work at. Never fun.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

Apparently the early shift (i.e. those who didn't participate in the walkout) were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for power to return, while the late shift couldn't even enter the building.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM)

Oh, wow. I thought the news about the website outtage would have been the topper, but that pretty much wins.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

Whoopsie.

First the union called for a two-day strike yesterday, and then today the entire city where the Amazon warehouse I work at is located apparently had a power outage.

So,uh. Seems like Amazon's Prime Day really didn't go well this year.

@  unluckiness : (17 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

It wasn't just blander and more polite bacon like I was expecting

* * * * * 3 votes

"Masterpiece" GoBots revealed on Taghobby

gobots Masterpiece Chogokin machine robo Taghobby

926 replies to this topic

#41 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25305 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

I think I just found Action Toys' website, but there's something I'm confused about. The site has the ES Gokin and EM Gokin figures on it, but I thought those were made by some group called Art Storm or Fewture. What's Action Toys' connection to Art Storm/Fewture?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#42 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37406 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

I am buying the hell out of these.  I hope Cy-Kill gets his Tonka colors, too.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#43 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37406 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

I just realized I might get a modern Tux out of this.

Mind blown.

#44 tec

tec

Its a Gunda..oh its a Samus

• Supporter
  • 28175 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

I need Turbo

NEED NEED!

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#45 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15015 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

compliment and steal accessories

You probably mean "complement," but yours is better.

"Hey there, handsome." *yoinks*

Oh man, and I'm rocking the English degree, employed as a librarian, and do freelance editing on the side.  :burn 

Clearly the coffee had not fully kicked in... yes, that's it...

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

So it's either Bandai or Action Toys that's behind this, then.

I don't see a Bandai logo anywhere, so there may be something to the idea that they just plain don't own it anymore.

I think I just found Action Toys' website, but there's something I'm confused about. The site has the ES Gokin and EM Gokin figures on it, but I thought those were made by some group called Art Storm or Fewture. What's Action Toys' connection to Art Storm/Fewture?

Reviews of the EM Gokin Blue Jet credit any of the three and sometimes combinations of them, so I'm guessing it's a very close connection.

#46 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37406 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

So it's either Bandai or Action Toys that's behind this, then.

I don't see a Bandai logo anywhere, so there may be something to the idea that they just plain don't own it anymore.

I'm not sure how, since it's not like Machine Robo was a license to Bandai or something.  They created the line (well, Popy, but Popy was owned and subsumed by Bandai right at the start of Machine Robo anyway), so they would have had to sell off the property, assuming there's not some crazy Japanese law I don't know about in play.

#47 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 19918 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

http://www.taghobby....98-1024x915.jpg
http://www.taghobby....36-1024x739.jpg

Oh, turns out a few pictures do show the labels clearly. "© Production Reed" is there. The Japanese text just says "Machine Robo Revenge of Chronos".

Edited by Naas, 06 February 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#48 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4140 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, there's no way Bandai would be putting out all these Machine Robo at once.  I'll maybe buy some of these if they're decently engineered, but they look somewhat off, even taking the design difference between Machine Robo and GoBots.

Bandai has a tendency to display things that never actually get made. Soul of Chogokin Escaflowne is infamous, and they had a bunch if Super Sentai/Power Rangers mecha displayed as part of their Super Robot Chogokin line

As I already mentioned in the Japanese collectibles thread, Escaflowne was specifically marked in Japanese as being an item that had yet to be officially greenlit.  Bandai isn't going to put out something if they don't think the consumer response to it is good enough for them.

good enough for them is super strange with a bit of weird. there are many characters in saint seiya that collector would kill to have revised versions of, but they stick to releasing the same gold saints in  different formats over and over again. 

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#49 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51169 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

I'm amazed a no-name company could've bought the license. Even if Takara didn't want it themselves I have to imagine Hasbro would've fronted them the money just so they could use the designs. Unless it's simply sub-licensed, which sounds infinitely more believable.

card-strongarm.jpg

#50 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37406 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

I'm trying to wrap my head around exactly what licensing is going on here-  Production Reed produced the Revenge of Cronos anime under the Ashi Pro name, who were working under license from Bandai, but can turn around and license out the show likenesses to Action Toys somehow?  That's a bit like Sunbow (if it still existed) licensing out the Transformers to Mattel or something.  I really don't understand how this works without Bandai in the mix.

#51 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16251 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

It will probably be cheaper to get this new Snoop than the original toy has been for 20+ years.

Also, if this is based on the Machine Robo cartoon, does that mean a hypothetical Crasher would be white? Are there any other color differences in play? Did MR also do a color swap on Leader-1?

#52 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 865 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

This is the most amazing thing I've seen since MP Wheeljack!
jBU1ixT.jpg
25881789827_74164ebcdc_o.jpg

#53 Blues

Blues

Where are my keys?

• Citizen
  • 1247 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

This is great. I've been waiting for something like this since I got baikungfu.

#54 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37406 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

It will probably be cheaper to get this new Snoop than the original toy has been for 20+ years.

Also, if this is based on the Machine Robo cartoon, does that mean a hypothetical Crasher would be white? Are there any other color differences in play? Did MR also do a color swap on Leader-1?

All the Tonka colors (blue/white Leader-1, black/green Cy-Kill, black Crasher, etc) came out really late in the original Machine Robo run, but to my knowledge those aren't any of the schemes used in the anime.  Counter-X has the best info to check.

(I'll just be sitting over here with my Snoop while you check.)

#55 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21770 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Well, that Cy-Kill is perfect in every way. And the rest aren't far behind. I highly doubt I'll be able to afford the whole line but I do hope to get a good few.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#56 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15136 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

They look like third party toys, and unlike Robowang I don't mean that as a compliment.

However:

Tank was my first transforming robot toy and I would probably buy this one if it came out.

#57 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

All this talk about She-ra when I'm here too.

• Supporter
  • 58821 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

no Crasher... i am disappoint

#58 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

This thread is breaking ng my heart, but sufficiently preparing me for these to be some combination of unnattainable.
On them twitters

#59 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37406 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

They look like third party toys, and unlike Robowang I don't mean that as a compliment.

Not nearly blocky and randomly detailed enough.

#60 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2667 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

I'd definitely be in for the more prominent characters. Glad I didn't buckle and get that 3rd party Cy-kill now.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gobots, Masterpiece, Chogokin, machine robo, Taghobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users