Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 11:14 PM)

Eh, I guess. He did fairly well on his own as an independent in his first appearance and such.

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 10:04 PM)

@Sabrblade Vulture tends to fare poorly as his own boss. Working for a great version of Doc Ock ain't a bad gig... and I did ask if about "bad" as opposed to "not the best". ;)

@  Plokatron : (20 April 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Egon1982 No my friend Mutator Spiders as in get caught in their web and you are mutated into a even more animalistic creature than you were. Hordika were Half Sentient beings half Wild animal and unlike Spiderman it affected each race slightly differnt with Toa being of a similar mutation to each other. My guess for Spiderman is he would become more spider like but with a inside skeletal structure hmm wonder what Visorak Venom would do to CNA make Dinobot Predacon like monsters or something wild?!

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM)

compared to the "youth-sucking" gimmick from the other series? BIG step up.

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 03:57 PM)

@Otaku: What about that show's take on Vulture? He had potential at first but he eventually just settled into being a lackey rather than his own boss.

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:44 PM)

Did anyone else thought Thunder in Big Trouble in Little China when he was inflating looked like a garbage pail kid before he blew up into salad? I always thought that since seeing the movie in theaters at age 5. 

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Mutator spiders as in man-spider?

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Shocker was a pretty good villain in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Wait, does that count since I can't think of a bad take on any character from that series? ;)

@  Arazyr : (20 April 2018 - 09:26 AM)

Ontario/Detroit area? Yeah. Supposedly, you could feel it from where I live, but I didn't notice. I never feel these things. 8(

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM)

so that WAS an earthquake last night...

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 09:43 PM)

Webhead Vs. Mutater Spiders. Hmmm I can see this ending badly with HordikaMan Hey maybe it'd make Venom catchable with spider sense.

@  Broadside : (19 April 2018 - 09:16 PM)

Can't wait for Spider-Man to fight the Visorak

@  RichardT1977 : (19 April 2018 - 05:32 PM)

Aw, man!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

SNIPER NO SNIPING

@  Bass X0 : (19 April 2018 - 04:33 PM)

SNIPERER!

@  Paladin : (19 April 2018 - 10:34 AM)

hated that game. damn sniper level's insane.

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 08:21 AM)

You know what's funny? Both Spiderman and Bionicle have a title in common. Web of Shadows. :p

@  Liege : (19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM)

Don't mocks the Shocker!

@  unluckiness : (19 April 2018 - 04:46 AM)

But he's the second lamest Spider-Man villain

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 April 2018 - 10:56 PM)

You know.. for all intents and purposes, Shocker should have won in Kamen Rider 71.

@  Plokatron : (18 April 2018 - 06:55 PM)

:wtf :D :wtf Can't wait can't wait just a couple more days and I'm at Comiccon Cape! Gonna be a blast! I hope they have that freaking proper Master Sword Replica this year with the black handel (I love the one from the old comic drawn by the guy who did Cyborg 009)!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 April 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Found on Cranialtome.

@  unluckiness : (18 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Oh, so MP-scaled Bill Cypher with stupidly fiddly hands.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM)

through a third party on facebook.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 April 2018 - 11:30 PM)

Did the Vok know Bill Cipher?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 08:09 PM)

See my thread ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Do you mean physically without actually wiring them up?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Uh... how do you not know?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

I'm wondering if HP stuck in an extra 128SDD + 3TB HDD into the computer I bought for $850

@  Benbot : (16 April 2018 - 11:58 AM)

"OH"

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

"Semper Fi"

@  EShadowP : (16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM)

"Simper-Fi" :thumbsup

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM)

Oh my word it is true. The greatest Gunnery Sargent to live is now gone. Gunny I know I'd of never cut the mustard if you were my CO but as I friend I would of been humbled and honored to know a man who truly knew the corp. May the jackets always be full metal and no watermelon left standing. Forgive the jokes there but you made it clear you hated watermelons with how many you sliced, blasted and plain disintegrated on Tv. :thumbsup  (Why do we not have a Wheeljack salute emot?)  Simper-Fi Carry on Gunny see you up there in the great kingdom one day hope you enjoy the company of my great uncles and everyone who you saw last on that field of honor.

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Wait what!!!!!!! Gunny is dead!!!!

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM)

RIP, R. Lee Ermey :(

@  B-Fox : (15 April 2018 - 02:06 PM)

If yer yellah!

@  Otaku : (15 April 2018 - 07:55 AM)

@fourteenwings If not, it is really, really close. Then again, maybe you shouldn't trust me. I liked the jacket. XD

@  fourteenwings : (15 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Bill Maher?

@  Bass X0 : (15 April 2018 - 03:52 AM)

Should we as a society change our way of life, culture and general thinking to that which people fifty years from now could look back without being judgemental of our ways? Today we look back at people from fifty years ago and openly criticise things that were considered acceptable and normal back then as not fitting in with our modern day standards that we have to censor them, or have the disclaimer that's just how it was back then. So surely things we as a population consider normal and acceptable today may not fit in with the standards of fifty years from now. But how do we know what would be acceptable and normal fifty years from now that we are supposedly doing wrong today? We don't. That's the point when we are applying modern day standards and way of thinking to a time fifty years ago.

@  Plokatron : (14 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Thank you my friend. I hope so too.

@  Maruten : (14 April 2018 - 06:58 PM)

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope things turn around and you have a great time at the con.

@  Plokatron : (14 April 2018 - 06:24 PM)

Ugh I have had a terrible week. My step mom goes to the hospital with high heart rate then has elevated blood sugar once they fixed her heart flutter. Then she is released last night and snaps her ankle bone so she needs to stay at her aunts till it is healed. Wouldn't be so bad if our half of the place was done and I was able to move in too but it's not and I hate being home alone codependency problems. I hope everything stays balenced for the next week since I got comic con to go to on the 21st. I am at least smart enough not to say a certain phrase cause I know if I tempt fate it will kick my but worse than Optimus did Megatron in the movie. Sorry for the long pity party post guys I know it's not liked but I hope a bit of venting is ok.

@  Rycochet : (14 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

The past few system failures I've had that have lost files hae spurred me into a new burst of creativety, I soon fill up the space o a new hard disk with sketches and notes and other little things I do to stay sane.

@  Soft Snow : (14 April 2018 - 12:34 PM)

It's like a rebirth, a very sad, identity ripping, rebirth.

@  Soft Snow : (14 April 2018 - 12:33 PM)

Losing all the files I saved up over a decade gives me the chance to start afresh.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 April 2018 - 11:02 AM)

I don't want to lose the web comic I made, but I also rock redundant drives and off PC backups.

@  Fnu Aw : (14 April 2018 - 10:13 AM)

I don't have anything important enough to worry about losing. Go me!

@  Arazyr : (14 April 2018 - 09:39 AM)

At least that was BEFORE my kids were born, so no baby pics lost.

@  Arazyr : (14 April 2018 - 09:39 AM)

I had a catastrophic hard drive failure in early 2007, and lost almost EVERYTHING. I was lucky I had a couple of documents synced to a mobile device at the time. No getting the photos back, though.

@  Bass X0 : (14 April 2018 - 07:20 AM)

Yeah, I've lost a lot of stuff over the years due to not having backed up.

* * * * * 3 votes

"Masterpiece" GoBots revealed on Taghobby

gobots Masterpiece Chogokin machine robo Taghobby

926 replies to this topic

#41 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24464 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

I think I just found Action Toys' website, but there's something I'm confused about. The site has the ES Gokin and EM Gokin figures on it, but I thought those were made by some group called Art Storm or Fewture. What's Action Toys' connection to Art Storm/Fewture?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#42 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

I am buying the hell out of these.  I hope Cy-Kill gets his Tonka colors, too.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#43 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

I just realized I might get a modern Tux out of this.

Mind blown.

#44 tec

tec

Shhh tec is gameing

• Supporter
  • 27737 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

I need Turbo

NEED NEED!

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec had a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#45 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 14977 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

compliment and steal accessories

You probably mean "complement," but yours is better.

"Hey there, handsome." *yoinks*

Oh man, and I'm rocking the English degree, employed as a librarian, and do freelance editing on the side.  :burn 

Clearly the coffee had not fully kicked in... yes, that's it...

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

So it's either Bandai or Action Toys that's behind this, then.

I don't see a Bandai logo anywhere, so there may be something to the idea that they just plain don't own it anymore.

I think I just found Action Toys' website, but there's something I'm confused about. The site has the ES Gokin and EM Gokin figures on it, but I thought those were made by some group called Art Storm or Fewture. What's Action Toys' connection to Art Storm/Fewture?

Reviews of the EM Gokin Blue Jet credit any of the three and sometimes combinations of them, so I'm guessing it's a very close connection.

#46 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

So it's either Bandai or Action Toys that's behind this, then.

I don't see a Bandai logo anywhere, so there may be something to the idea that they just plain don't own it anymore.

I'm not sure how, since it's not like Machine Robo was a license to Bandai or something.  They created the line (well, Popy, but Popy was owned and subsumed by Bandai right at the start of Machine Robo anyway), so they would have had to sell off the property, assuming there's not some crazy Japanese law I don't know about in play.

#47 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 18897 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

http://www.taghobby....98-1024x915.jpg
http://www.taghobby....36-1024x739.jpg

Oh, turns out a few pictures do show the labels clearly. "© Production Reed" is there. The Japanese text just says "Machine Robo Revenge of Chronos".

Edited by Naas, 06 February 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#48 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4121 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, there's no way Bandai would be putting out all these Machine Robo at once.  I'll maybe buy some of these if they're decently engineered, but they look somewhat off, even taking the design difference between Machine Robo and GoBots.

Bandai has a tendency to display things that never actually get made. Soul of Chogokin Escaflowne is infamous, and they had a bunch if Super Sentai/Power Rangers mecha displayed as part of their Super Robot Chogokin line

As I already mentioned in the Japanese collectibles thread, Escaflowne was specifically marked in Japanese as being an item that had yet to be officially greenlit.  Bandai isn't going to put out something if they don't think the consumer response to it is good enough for them.

good enough for them is super strange with a bit of weird. there are many characters in saint seiya that collector would kill to have revised versions of, but they stick to releasing the same gold saints in  different formats over and over again. 

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#49 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51069 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

I'm amazed a no-name company could've bought the license. Even if Takara didn't want it themselves I have to imagine Hasbro would've fronted them the money just so they could use the designs. Unless it's simply sub-licensed, which sounds infinitely more believable.

card-strongarm.jpg

#50 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

I'm trying to wrap my head around exactly what licensing is going on here-  Production Reed produced the Revenge of Cronos anime under the Ashi Pro name, who were working under license from Bandai, but can turn around and license out the show likenesses to Action Toys somehow?  That's a bit like Sunbow (if it still existed) licensing out the Transformers to Mattel or something.  I really don't understand how this works without Bandai in the mix.

#51 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16013 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

It will probably be cheaper to get this new Snoop than the original toy has been for 20+ years.

Also, if this is based on the Machine Robo cartoon, does that mean a hypothetical Crasher would be white? Are there any other color differences in play? Did MR also do a color swap on Leader-1?

#52 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 835 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

This is the most amazing thing I've seen since MP Wheeljack!
jBU1ixT.jpg
25881789827_74164ebcdc_o.jpg

#53 Blues

Blues

Where are my keys?

• Citizen
  • 1247 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

This is great. I've been waiting for something like this since I got baikungfu.

#54 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

It will probably be cheaper to get this new Snoop than the original toy has been for 20+ years.

Also, if this is based on the Machine Robo cartoon, does that mean a hypothetical Crasher would be white? Are there any other color differences in play? Did MR also do a color swap on Leader-1?

All the Tonka colors (blue/white Leader-1, black/green Cy-Kill, black Crasher, etc) came out really late in the original Machine Robo run, but to my knowledge those aren't any of the schemes used in the anime.  Counter-X has the best info to check.

(I'll just be sitting over here with my Snoop while you check.)

#55 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

New Year New Me

• Supporter
  • 21471 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Well, that Cy-Kill is perfect in every way. And the rest aren't far behind. I highly doubt I'll be able to afford the whole line but I do hope to get a good few.
Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#56 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14463 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

They look like third party toys, and unlike Robowang I don't mean that as a compliment.

However:

Tank was my first transforming robot toy and I would probably buy this one if it came out.

#57 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

smrt ...smArt!

• Supporter
  • 57322 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

no Crasher... i am disappoint

Avatar is an edit of work by MagicMan001 on DA

#58 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

This thread is breaking ng my heart, but sufficiently preparing me for these to be some combination of unnattainable.
On them twitters

#59 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

They look like third party toys, and unlike Robowang I don't mean that as a compliment.

Not nearly blocky and randomly detailed enough.

#60 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2642 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

I'd definitely be in for the more prominent characters. Glad I didn't buckle and get that 3rd party Cy-kill now.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gobots, Masterpiece, Chogokin, machine robo, Taghobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users