Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 January 2018 - 07:37 AM)

Bet a lot of military people won't want to work this monday. ;(

@  Pennpenn : (21 January 2018 - 07:27 AM)

It seems sort of intuitive for a lot of people because it's the first day in the week that you're working.

@  Nevermore : (21 January 2018 - 04:54 AM)

Germany considers Monday the first day of the week.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 January 2018 - 01:34 AM)

The judge obviously had a more material motive than the one he claimed, there need to be some serious investigation of that case.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 05:04 PM)

The reason is even worse. :(

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 04:34 PM)

That moron is a shame to his profession.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 09:34 AM)

I just think a Judge going on and Jury Tampering, trying to make the Jury think a sex taffiker is innocent is sickening. *won't say why he did that as that goes in P&R*

@  Sabrblade : (20 January 2018 - 09:21 AM)

Heh, the schedules for my work weeks begin with Saturday

@  wonko the sane? : (20 January 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Thing about the US is... you can say that any time you want as much as you want. You're still going to get shot, but it might not be because you said that though.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 January 2018 - 02:20 AM)

You just did.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 02:18 AM)

Can I just say that right now... I hate the USA?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 January 2018 - 01:34 AM)

There are languages where the days are named for numbers and Sunday is "one". Like Arabic.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 01:31 AM)

Isn't it sort of a religious thing for Sunday to be the start of the week but most people just go with the first day they go to work for the week?

@  unitremover : (20 January 2018 - 01:02 AM)

I feel like I've known plenty of Americans who'd say Monday is the first day of the week.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 12:57 AM)

Personally Monday will always be the first day of the week for me. The notion that Sunday is somehow the first day of the week seems completely nonsensical to me.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 12:57 AM)

I'm fairly sure it is in Australia, but that tends to get blurred because of US influence.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 12:19 AM)

(It's Sunday here in the U.S.)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 12:18 AM)

Anyone here live in a country where Monday is considered the first day of the week?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 January 2018 - 08:40 PM)

Maybe?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 January 2018 - 08:38 PM)

But do they search barf?

@  BlackMax : (19 January 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Under water, the fish don't stink.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 January 2018 - 07:42 PM)

I read that at first as "Everyone is a fish...."

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 January 2018 - 06:08 PM)

Everyone has a fetish, I guess.

@  BlackMax : (19 January 2018 - 05:56 PM)

I parsed it as "search barf" at first.

@  Nevermore : (19 January 2018 - 05:05 PM)

Robowang nude hiden cam photos

@  Robowang : (19 January 2018 - 02:54 PM)

Oh, hey, that's not the search bar! Whoops.

@  Robowang : (19 January 2018 - 12:48 PM)

reflector camera mode

@  MEDdMI : (19 January 2018 - 12:14 PM)

But did you get a Snowbombcyclopsragnarokdoomstorm like the US NE got last week?

@  Nevermore : (19 January 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Netherlands? We got one hell of a storm here in Germany the other day too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 January 2018 - 01:59 AM)

When that happens in Cocoa Beach there's always someone getting out their surfboard.

@  CORVUS : (19 January 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Damn!

@  Telly : (18 January 2018 - 10:29 PM)

holy hug

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Goddamn look what happened to the Dutch this week.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/954066379610628097

@  Locoman : (18 January 2018 - 03:43 PM)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand brick and mortar.

@  siccoyote : (18 January 2018 - 04:31 AM)

Who sings the first part of the GIJoe The Movie theme song? (Cobra) Sounds so familiar.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Also true.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM)

I hate brick and mortar stores around here.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

But I like the feel of the brick and mortar search a bit more. And I can see inside packages at brick and mortar. True, Amazon has a good return policy, but I like buying once and settling.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:37 PM)

I suppose I could save more if I bought more often from Amazon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 10:36 PM)

Closest I got to "free" was 30% off warpath, which just about lined him up to the canadian price had he ever shown up around me. The pile of loot saved me a pile, but it was still pricy.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Yeah, I purposefully waited on them because I knew they'd be perfect "add onto orders to get free shipping" fodder. Already gotten two that way. Technically "free" and I barely had to wait.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 09:21 PM)

That's how I feel about Prime Masters. Getting back into collecting last year taught me to be patient, which grants rewards most of the time.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM)

I want Starscream so hard after seeing him in person, but since he's the one being left behind by every other collector in my area, I feel like I can wait for a sale.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM)

I mean: I maybe woulda jumped on starscream if I found a sale or something, but it wasn't a priority.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:08 PM)

I only wanted the dinobots (cause... volcanicus.) but got saddled with three I didn't want due to the bundling. I'd still be waiting to order if I had waited on individual figures.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Ahh.. I just ordered the whole case cause I wanted too. :)

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 06:49 PM)

Mostly PotP dinobots. Plus some stuff I couldn't opt out of to get those dinobots. And CW warpath... cause he was on sale.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM)

What ya getting?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Yay! My package from BBTS is in canada! I might even get it this week!

* * * * * 3 votes

"Masterpiece" GoBots revealed on Taghobby

gobots Masterpiece Chogokin machine robo Taghobby

924 replies to this topic

#21 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 34499 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

If theses are real, and affordable, I hope they do a Crasher and Cop-Tur as well. Mostly Crasher, but would be nice to have the main renegade trio.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#22 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3421 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

I'd like to note that the FP Causality/MakeToys designer seems to be heavily involved in this project, as there's a lot of his aesthetic hallmarks in place here.  The style of his hand sculpts, the shape of the thighs, and certain engineering touches like how the panels break down.  I think Venksta on TFW backs me on this observation.

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I looked at Cy-Kill was, "Wow, that looks like a '3rd party' toy." It's not a bad thing. 

Edited by Robowang, 06 February 2015 - 09:15 AM.

NEEDS: Beast Wars II DRILLNUTS 

Beast Wars Powerpinch

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Wars Returns Obsidian

SCF Chase figures - see post here - plenty to trade

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

MY WANTS LIST

My feedback

#23 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3821 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

If these really are Chogokin, I wouldn't hold my breath for them. Bandai has a tendency to display things that never actually get made. Soul of Chogokin Escaflowne is infamous, and they had a bunch if Super Sentai/Power Rangers mecha displayed as part of their Super Robot Chogokin line that disappeared. And they also had MonsterArts of the Angels from Evangelion that appeared at some show and no word came of any release.

"Look at all this cool stuff! We designed it, it clearly works! Are we going to release it though? Nah, why would we spend time and design on product just to actually manufacture it?"

I am AMAZED I finally have that Master Asia!

Look at how long it took for MG The-O and Marasai to get released after they displayed.  Those were the lucky ones, there were a ton of G-Gundam MG's that were displayed, and we have pictures of, that never saw the light of day after that.  Losing that Nobel Gundam was particularly painful.

Anyway since this is Revenge of Cronos based, think if it does well they could make a Monsterous?

#24 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 6438 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

Oh sweet Primus, an official modern updated Monsterous would explode my brain.

In need of Movie Arcee's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#25 News Team

News Team

Are there any more qualified than me to bring you the latest new

• Citizen
  • 27770 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

Thanks to CyberGundam and TagHobby, we now have our first images of a new “Machine Robo Revenge of Cronos” toy line. The figures are seemingly on display at a recent toy expo†in the Action Toys/Artstorm booth, who are fairly familiar with the Machine Robo brand having released licensed toys based on the characters before. This time though, they are fully transforming figures!

For Gobot fans, this is no doubt welcome news. Machine Robo was the brand that was brought over by Tonka in the 1980′s and given the Gobots – Might Robots, Might Vehicles treatment.†The first nine figures were shown†and consist of (using the Gobot names for Western fans) Tank, Cy-Kill, Fitor, Screw Head, Snoop, Block Head, Leader-1, Spay-C, and Turbo.

Head over to TagHobby for the images, or read on to see mirrors of the images.

Challenge of the Gobots!Mighty Robots, Mighty Vehicles!Spay-C!! Snoop!! Block Head!!

View the full article

#26 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15400 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Any guesses on what size these will be? I'm hoping they're at least Voyager size (in TF size class), but will be happy even if they're smaller than that.

#27 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 9458 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

These are amazing!  As others have said, I hope they are affordable so I can pick up a couple.

#28 Rycochet

Rycochet

Mechanical television star!

• Citizen
  • 1455 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

Bandai not having the license to their own designs is super weird to me, it's like if Hasbro could no longer make Optimus Prime toys because Sunbow produced the g1 cartoon and felt like licensing the rights to Mattel instead. I know it's not uncommon for older Japanese lines, but still, ouch.

These all look awesome to me, I have always maintained that if you compared like for like, the smaller scale Go-bots absolutely trounced their Transformers counterparts, in terms of complexity, proportions and detail, guys like the Aerialbots look laughable compared to Leader-1, Snoop and Royal-T so it's nice to see a company finally produce articulated updates. It's a shame these are high end and aren't a genuine attempt at a new mass retail Machine Robo line that captures the essence of the original, small and affordable.

Edited by Rycochet, 06 February 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#29 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 14946 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

Any guesses on what size these will be? I'm hoping they're at least Voyager size (in TF size class), but will be happy even if they're smaller than that.

Going by the construction of the thighs (most of them clearly have ball joints, and Tank has a "hollow") and the hand size/shape (assuming a 5mm size because even a lot of non-Hasbro stuff uses it as a standard), I'm thinking they're roughly Deluxe-sized. Somewhere just around 5" would allow them to compliment and steal accessories from other popular Japanese lines and brands, like Figma and some of the Gundams.

#30 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Zac - frankly I wished they based Spay-C on the Super Gobots version, I much prefer that one. His transformation is ingenious. Then again, in Revenge of Cronos, both versions appeared actually, side by side, as different characters...

Anyway since this is Revenge of Cronos based, think if it does well they could make a Monsterous?

You mean Devil Satan Six! :D Who'd then be banned for import as a satanist toy in the USA. :)

#31 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15400 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

Going by the construction of the thighs (most of them clearly have ball joints, and Tank has a "hollow") and the hand size/shape (assuming a 5mm size because even a lot of non-Hasbro stuff uses it as a standard), I'm thinking they're roughly Deluxe-sized. Somewhere just around 5" would allow them to compliment and steal accessories from other popular Japanese lines and brands, like Figma and some of the Gundams.

I can live with Deluxe size, especially since that'll make them cheaper. :D

#32 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 14946 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

That's certainly my thought. Plus, if the Gobots are all the same size that would defeat them being part of an MP collection anyway. I'd much rather have Gobots I can put with my Generations toys where the scale is already all over the place and I don't care. :D

#33 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10244 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

compliment and steal accessories

You probably mean "complement," but yours is better.

"Hey there, handsome." *yoinks*

#34 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

There's a lot like in those pictures.

#35 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23719 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#36 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 17735 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Bandai not having the license to their own designs is super weird to me, it's like if Hasbro could no longer make Optimus Prime toys because Sunbow produced the g1 cartoon and felt like licensing the rights to Mattel instead. I know it's not uncommon for older Japanese lines, but still, ouch.

I don't see what suggests that Bandai "don't have the license to their own designs". Even if these are official and by a different company, it could be a sublicensing thing, like how Funko are making Magic the gathering figures, but Hasbro still owns Wizards of the Coast.

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

Edited by Naas, 06 February 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#37 CORVUS

CORVUS

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31399 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

Man, if that Leader-1 is actually released, and is remotely affordable, he will be bought.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it." - The Eleventh Doctor

#38 Death's Head

Death's Head

A Very Tasty World

• Citizen
  • 2543 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

There was also the UK comic, as seen here:

http://www.counter-x...ines/index.html

SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Brompton Rhodes - Guns! Girls! Gorillas! (NSFW)

#39 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8781 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

I only remember seeing the GoBots cartoon a couple of times when visiting my grandparents.  My nostalgia is linked more to the toys I owned than the fiction.  Of these, I think I only owned Screw Head and Fitor.  I might be interested in a few if they aren't too expensive and exist.

#40 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23719 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

So it's either Bandai or Action Toys that's behind this, then.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gobots, Masterpiece, Chogokin, machine robo, Taghobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users