Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Just a few more days until my Battletech key goes live on GOG...

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:51 PM)

The first Transformers live action film really IS a lot better than what popular culture has made it out to be.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2018 - 08:27 PM)

I dunno if I'd go that far. I enjoyed the first Bayformers more than the MMPR Movie remake

@  RichardT1977 : (21 April 2018 - 08:22 PM)

For the record, it was better than the (live-action) Transformers movies.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 08:21 PM)

No, I wasn't at the krispy kreme when I beat them. Wait, what?

@  Paladin : (21 April 2018 - 08:13 PM)

go back to Krispy Kreme

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I beat five teenagers with attitude before, I can do it again.

@  Pennpenn : (21 April 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Great, after ten thousand years Wonko is free again. Does this mean more Power Rangers are needed? Again?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 April 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Ah, the layer of ice that froze it shut finally melted?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Oh my god! GUYS! It's actually warm enough I was able to open my window!

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 11:14 PM)

Eh, I guess. He did fairly well on his own as an independent in his first appearance and such.

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 10:04 PM)

@Sabrblade Vulture tends to fare poorly as his own boss. Working for a great version of Doc Ock ain't a bad gig... and I did ask if about "bad" as opposed to "not the best". ;)

@  Plokatron : (20 April 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Egon1982 No my friend Mutator Spiders as in get caught in their web and you are mutated into a even more animalistic creature than you were. Hordika were Half Sentient beings half Wild animal and unlike Spiderman it affected each race slightly differnt with Toa being of a similar mutation to each other. My guess for Spiderman is he would become more spider like but with a inside skeletal structure hmm wonder what Visorak Venom would do to CNA make Dinobot Predacon like monsters or something wild?!

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM)

compared to the "youth-sucking" gimmick from the other series? BIG step up.

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 03:57 PM)

@Otaku: What about that show's take on Vulture? He had potential at first but he eventually just settled into being a lackey rather than his own boss.

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:44 PM)

Did anyone else thought Thunder in Big Trouble in Little China when he was inflating looked like a garbage pail kid before he blew up into salad? I always thought that since seeing the movie in theaters at age 5. 

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Mutator spiders as in man-spider?

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Shocker was a pretty good villain in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Wait, does that count since I can't think of a bad take on any character from that series? ;)

@  Arazyr : (20 April 2018 - 09:26 AM)

Ontario/Detroit area? Yeah. Supposedly, you could feel it from where I live, but I didn't notice. I never feel these things. 8(

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM)

so that WAS an earthquake last night...

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 09:43 PM)

Webhead Vs. Mutater Spiders. Hmmm I can see this ending badly with HordikaMan Hey maybe it'd make Venom catchable with spider sense.

@  Broadside : (19 April 2018 - 09:16 PM)

Can't wait for Spider-Man to fight the Visorak

@  RichardT1977 : (19 April 2018 - 05:32 PM)

Aw, man!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

SNIPER NO SNIPING

@  Bass X0 : (19 April 2018 - 04:33 PM)

SNIPERER!

@  Paladin : (19 April 2018 - 10:34 AM)

hated that game. damn sniper level's insane.

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 08:21 AM)

You know what's funny? Both Spiderman and Bionicle have a title in common. Web of Shadows. :p

@  Liege : (19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM)

Don't mocks the Shocker!

@  unluckiness : (19 April 2018 - 04:46 AM)

But he's the second lamest Spider-Man villain

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 April 2018 - 10:56 PM)

You know.. for all intents and purposes, Shocker should have won in Kamen Rider 71.

@  Plokatron : (18 April 2018 - 06:55 PM)

:wtf :D :wtf Can't wait can't wait just a couple more days and I'm at Comiccon Cape! Gonna be a blast! I hope they have that freaking proper Master Sword Replica this year with the black handel (I love the one from the old comic drawn by the guy who did Cyborg 009)!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 April 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Found on Cranialtome.

@  unluckiness : (18 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Oh, so MP-scaled Bill Cypher with stupidly fiddly hands.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM)

through a third party on facebook.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 April 2018 - 11:30 PM)

Did the Vok know Bill Cipher?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 08:09 PM)

See my thread ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Do you mean physically without actually wiring them up?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Uh... how do you not know?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

I'm wondering if HP stuck in an extra 128SDD + 3TB HDD into the computer I bought for $850

@  Benbot : (16 April 2018 - 11:58 AM)

"OH"

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

"Semper Fi"

@  EShadowP : (16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM)

"Simper-Fi" :thumbsup

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM)

Oh my word it is true. The greatest Gunnery Sargent to live is now gone. Gunny I know I'd of never cut the mustard if you were my CO but as I friend I would of been humbled and honored to know a man who truly knew the corp. May the jackets always be full metal and no watermelon left standing. Forgive the jokes there but you made it clear you hated watermelons with how many you sliced, blasted and plain disintegrated on Tv. :thumbsup  (Why do we not have a Wheeljack salute emot?)  Simper-Fi Carry on Gunny see you up there in the great kingdom one day hope you enjoy the company of my great uncles and everyone who you saw last on that field of honor.

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Wait what!!!!!!! Gunny is dead!!!!

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM)

RIP, R. Lee Ermey :(

@  B-Fox : (15 April 2018 - 02:06 PM)

If yer yellah!

@  Otaku : (15 April 2018 - 07:55 AM)

@fourteenwings If not, it is really, really close. Then again, maybe you shouldn't trust me. I liked the jacket. XD

@  fourteenwings : (15 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Bill Maher?

@  Bass X0 : (15 April 2018 - 03:52 AM)

Should we as a society change our way of life, culture and general thinking to that which people fifty years from now could look back without being judgemental of our ways? Today we look back at people from fifty years ago and openly criticise things that were considered acceptable and normal back then as not fitting in with our modern day standards that we have to censor them, or have the disclaimer that's just how it was back then. So surely things we as a population consider normal and acceptable today may not fit in with the standards of fifty years from now. But how do we know what would be acceptable and normal fifty years from now that we are supposedly doing wrong today? We don't. That's the point when we are applying modern day standards and way of thinking to a time fifty years ago.

@  Plokatron : (14 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Thank you my friend. I hope so too.

* * * * * 3 votes

"Masterpiece" GoBots revealed on Taghobby

gobots Masterpiece Chogokin machine robo Taghobby

926 replies to this topic

#21 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35007 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

If theses are real, and affordable, I hope they do a Crasher and Cop-Tur as well. Mostly Crasher, but would be nice to have the main renegade trio.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#22 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3553 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

I'd like to note that the FP Causality/MakeToys designer seems to be heavily involved in this project, as there's a lot of his aesthetic hallmarks in place here.  The style of his hand sculpts, the shape of the thighs, and certain engineering touches like how the panels break down.  I think Venksta on TFW backs me on this observation.

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I looked at Cy-Kill was, "Wow, that looks like a '3rd party' toy." It's not a bad thing. 

Edited by Robowang, 06 February 2015 - 09:15 AM.

NEEDS: Beast Wars Powerpinch

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Wars Returns Obsidian

SCF Chase figures - see post here - plenty to trade

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

MY WANTS LIST

My feedback

#23 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3880 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

If these really are Chogokin, I wouldn't hold my breath for them. Bandai has a tendency to display things that never actually get made. Soul of Chogokin Escaflowne is infamous, and they had a bunch if Super Sentai/Power Rangers mecha displayed as part of their Super Robot Chogokin line that disappeared. And they also had MonsterArts of the Angels from Evangelion that appeared at some show and no word came of any release.

"Look at all this cool stuff! We designed it, it clearly works! Are we going to release it though? Nah, why would we spend time and design on product just to actually manufacture it?"

I am AMAZED I finally have that Master Asia!

Look at how long it took for MG The-O and Marasai to get released after they displayed.  Those were the lucky ones, there were a ton of G-Gundam MG's that were displayed, and we have pictures of, that never saw the light of day after that.  Losing that Nobel Gundam was particularly painful.

Anyway since this is Revenge of Cronos based, think if it does well they could make a Monsterous?

#24 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 6467 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

Oh sweet Primus, an official modern updated Monsterous would explode my brain.

In need of Movie Arcee's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#25 News Team

News Team

Are there any more qualified than me to bring you the latest new

• Citizen
  • 29337 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

Thanks to CyberGundam and TagHobby, we now have our first images of a new “Machine Robo Revenge of Cronos” toy line. The figures are seemingly on display at a recent toy expo†in the Action Toys/Artstorm booth, who are fairly familiar with the Machine Robo brand having released licensed toys based on the characters before. This time though, they are fully transforming figures!

For Gobot fans, this is no doubt welcome news. Machine Robo was the brand that was brought over by Tonka in the 1980′s and given the Gobots – Might Robots, Might Vehicles treatment.†The first nine figures were shown†and consist of (using the Gobot names for Western fans) Tank, Cy-Kill, Fitor, Screw Head, Snoop, Block Head, Leader-1, Spay-C, and Turbo.

Head over to TagHobby for the images, or read on to see mirrors of the images.

Challenge of the Gobots!Mighty Robots, Mighty Vehicles!Spay-C!! Snoop!! Block Head!!

View the full article

#26 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15413 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Any guesses on what size these will be? I'm hoping they're at least Voyager size (in TF size class), but will be happy even if they're smaller than that.

#27 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 9629 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

These are amazing!  As others have said, I hope they are affordable so I can pick up a couple.

#28 Rycochet

Rycochet

Mechanical television star!

• Citizen
  • 1620 posts
  • Location:I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

Bandai not having the license to their own designs is super weird to me, it's like if Hasbro could no longer make Optimus Prime toys because Sunbow produced the g1 cartoon and felt like licensing the rights to Mattel instead. I know it's not uncommon for older Japanese lines, but still, ouch.

These all look awesome to me, I have always maintained that if you compared like for like, the smaller scale Go-bots absolutely trounced their Transformers counterparts, in terms of complexity, proportions and detail, guys like the Aerialbots look laughable compared to Leader-1, Snoop and Royal-T so it's nice to see a company finally produce articulated updates. It's a shame these are high end and aren't a genuine attempt at a new mass retail Machine Robo line that captures the essence of the original, small and affordable.

Edited by Rycochet, 06 February 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#29 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 14978 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

Any guesses on what size these will be? I'm hoping they're at least Voyager size (in TF size class), but will be happy even if they're smaller than that.

Going by the construction of the thighs (most of them clearly have ball joints, and Tank has a "hollow") and the hand size/shape (assuming a 5mm size because even a lot of non-Hasbro stuff uses it as a standard), I'm thinking they're roughly Deluxe-sized. Somewhere just around 5" would allow them to compliment and steal accessories from other popular Japanese lines and brands, like Figma and some of the Gundams.

#30 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Zac - frankly I wished they based Spay-C on the Super Gobots version, I much prefer that one. His transformation is ingenious. Then again, in Revenge of Cronos, both versions appeared actually, side by side, as different characters...

Anyway since this is Revenge of Cronos based, think if it does well they could make a Monsterous?

You mean Devil Satan Six! :D Who'd then be banned for import as a satanist toy in the USA. :)

#31 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15413 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

Going by the construction of the thighs (most of them clearly have ball joints, and Tank has a "hollow") and the hand size/shape (assuming a 5mm size because even a lot of non-Hasbro stuff uses it as a standard), I'm thinking they're roughly Deluxe-sized. Somewhere just around 5" would allow them to compliment and steal accessories from other popular Japanese lines and brands, like Figma and some of the Gundams.

I can live with Deluxe size, especially since that'll make them cheaper. :D

#32 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 14978 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

That's certainly my thought. Plus, if the Gobots are all the same size that would defeat them being part of an MP collection anyway. I'd much rather have Gobots I can put with my Generations toys where the scale is already all over the place and I don't care. :D

#33 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10393 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

compliment and steal accessories

You probably mean "complement," but yours is better.

"Hey there, handsome." *yoinks*

#34 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

There's a lot like in those pictures.

#35 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24480 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#36 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 18921 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Bandai not having the license to their own designs is super weird to me, it's like if Hasbro could no longer make Optimus Prime toys because Sunbow produced the g1 cartoon and felt like licensing the rights to Mattel instead. I know it's not uncommon for older Japanese lines, but still, ouch.

I don't see what suggests that Bandai "don't have the license to their own designs". Even if these are official and by a different company, it could be a sublicensing thing, like how Funko are making Magic the gathering figures, but Hasbro still owns Wizards of the Coast.

So lemme get this straight. These aren't being released by Bandai as Soul of Chogokin figures, but are instead being released as something else by some Hong Kong company?

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

Edited by Naas, 06 February 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#37 CORVUS

CORVUS

ROWDY!

• Supporter
  • 31807 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

Man, if that Leader-1 is actually released, and is remotely affordable, he will be bought.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it." - The Eleventh Doctor

#38 Death's Head

Death's Head

A Very Tasty World

• Citizen
  • 2544 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

There was also the UK comic, as seen here:

http://www.counter-x...ines/index.html

SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Brompton Rhodes - Guns! Girls! Gorillas! (NSFW)

#39 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8833 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

I only remember seeing the GoBots cartoon a couple of times when visiting my grandparents.  My nostalgia is linked more to the toys I owned than the fiction.  Of these, I think I only owned Screw Head and Fitor.  I might be interested in a few if they aren't too expensive and exist.

#40 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24480 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

That could be the case, based on how they were in the same display case as that Steel Jeeg, but it seems none of the pictures gave a clear view of the text on the labes/cards, so it might not be 100% certain which line and company are doing these.

So it's either Bandai or Action Toys that's behind this, then.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gobots, Masterpiece, Chogokin, machine robo, Taghobby

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users