Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Life is Strange game

57 replies to this topic

#21 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:04 PM

Bump

Just got finished playing through this. So glad this forum is far less negative than another I frequent.

I'll return later with a more thorough write up.

#22 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

Negative? GREATEST GAME EVER <3

WsuGTl1.jpg

#23 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Negative? GREATEST GAME EVER <3

Til you get to the ending. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#24 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

And even then an unsavory ending doesn't literally go back in time and erase the fun you had playing it.

(My argument for the Mass Effect 3 ending feels weird when applied to this one ^__-;;; )

#25 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, I get why a lot of people weren't thrilled about the endings but ultimately I think it works for me. Even if it didn't it wouldn't touch the rest of the game. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#26 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

And even then an unsavory ending doesn't literally go back in time and erase the fun you had playing it.

(My argument for the Mass Effect 3 ending feels weird when applied to this one ^__-;;; )

No but it can hurt the desire to want to replay it, when you have the choice of retconning the whole game or letting a town die. With Mass Effect 3, stuff you did still mattered, regardless what path you end up choosing. Here, it kinda hurts my desire to replay it. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#27 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16325 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

Spoilers man.

Spoiler

My issue with Mass Effect is that all 3 endings sucked and it did taint my feelings for the series. I find it really difficult to be interested in the new game.

Edited by BlitzwingHaz, 21 September 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#28 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

Terrible endings is kind of the whole point of LiS I think, which is to say that the more I think about it, the more I think the endings are perfect and the only possible endings that could make sense. 

The whole game is about [That One Thing] and then naturally, regardless of which choice you pick everything is hugged up forever one way or the other because Of Course It Is.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#29 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:02 PM

So the sequel (well, prequel) has been announced. It focuses on Chloe and Rachel Amber. 

Presumably it will be a very different game, as one doesn't expect to be playing as a Chloe with superpowers. Which is fine, those characters and this world can carry that off, but it will still be a little disappointing if there's no funky magic tricks to play around with. 

In Definitely Bad News, Chloe has been recast due to industrial action. Which is pretty horrific. I mean, we're talking about teenagers and this is a prequel so maybe her voice changed, it might be okay. But it's still stupid and dreadful and sad.

One of the preorder bonuses is a chapter featuring Max. I guess she's probably been recast as well. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#30 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

First chapter out now. Haven't played much but it looks like the key mechanic this time is dialogue battles where you have to score more points than the other guy to persuade them to do what you want. It's no rewind but it's okay. I hope there's something spookier in here somewhere.

Max's photography has been replaced by Chloe vomiting graffiti over everything she touches.

There's no way this can touch the original but I am very happy to be back in Arcadia Bay.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#31 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16325 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

I hear the whole thing is sort of aimed at fans. I really didn't think a prequel was a good idea, but I'll keep an open mind.

#32 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

I'm torn.

I really loved the original, but part of that was because of the rewind gameplay.

Just not sure I'd love it enough to play this...

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#33 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

I think a flashback that features Rachel Amber is a pretty logical next step. Hopefully we get a real LiS2 somewhere down the road, but we maybe don't even want that to feature Max or Chloe or Arcadia Bay. It maybe needs to be largely unrelated to the original game.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#34 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29217 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Aren't they essentially just riding on the fact that Chloe is easily the most popular character with fans?

#35 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

I'm sure that doesn't hurt. Although presumably they've majorly pissed off all the Chloe fans by recasting. 

A Max-based prequel would be really boring (I mean, not necessarily, but no time powers and also:), and outside of Arcadia Bay so you lose a lot of what people are going to want to see in a prequel. That said she does get an outing in the upcoming DLC so we'll see how that works out. 

I assume they wanted to keep the franchise fresh in people's minds but weren't ready for a full sequel (if we do see more Chloe after this, I hope they pull a King of Thieves and go back to the original actor), and it seems to me that building something around Rachel is the only sane thing to do if you're looking backwards. 

I wonder where they would decide to go if they moved forward. A Max or Max and Chloe sequel presumably requires them to choose one of the endings and jettison the other, which seems messy. There are probably plenty of reasonable ways we could see that happen, but I suspect they'd probably rather leave Max and Chloe's story where it is. It feels like a situation where we'd more likely get a story about completely new characters, presumably with the same (or similar) time-fiddling mechanic (and hopefully a cameo from Max as some sort of all powerful time goddess?)

WsuGTl1.jpg

#36 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Aren't they essentially just riding on the fact that Chloe is easily the most popular character with fans?

Really? Man I hated Chloe. It only made the ending more bitter for me when it came time to reveal stuff

#37 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8738 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

i think i played part of this. is it where you can rewind time? and the girl started out in a school?

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#38 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Yup.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#39 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

Finally finished playing Before the Storm. Putting so much focus on Rachel Amber, this vast inescapable presence in the first game, was risky I think, but they did a good job. I survived Chloe's recasting, and her original voice is back by the time you get to the bonus episode with Max which is great.

The story was strong enough that ultimately I didn't miss the rewind mechanic at all. It's all a bit Solo in that obviously there are a heap of places where it goes DING DING DING, SETTING UP ORIGINAL GAME but I was fine with that. The two boxes I wanted to tick by the end were blue hair and Mark Jefferson, and I got those checked.

I didn't expect the Max episode to go so hard on the Chloe's dad stuff since they do so much with it in the original game.

Now onward to a Captain Spirit... LiS2 is just around the corner.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#40 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26025 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

I realize I'm waaaay late to the party here, but I downloaded this last night. I just finished Episode 2.

Unfortunately, I've already had the ending spoiled for me and...I just don't think that's a decision I can make. Either one is gut-wrenching. I'm just not sure I can do it.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users