Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

Photo
- - - - -

Hasbro applies for the Go-Bots trademark... in susprising categories.

Go-Bots Gobots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2348 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hasbro applied for the Go-Bots trademark this month... not just for the toylines category, but also the TV shows/movies category as well.

I wonder what this means. Did Hasbro sort the rights out for the characters from Warner Brothers?

Edited by Miss Kayla Kaon, 26 January 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#2 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17874 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

I'm sure this is a "do it before someone else does" move. Why would Hasbro want to compete with themselves?

#3 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36545 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Nah, it will just be a new show staring this guy

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#4 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2348 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

I'd imagine it would be a fun spinoff line. Maybe the next Generations sub-line after Combiner Wars- I mean, only one of the pair of 80's robot toylines got to celebrate their 30th anniversary, right?

#5 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5931 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Nah, it will just be a new show staring this guy

/stares intently at that guy

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#6 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4663 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

I'm sure this is a "do it before someone else does" move. Why would Hasbro want to compete with themselves?

Actually, if this is for a different market segment, then it wouldn't be competition :p

First thing that sprung to my mind was that, with Rescue Bots entering its fourth year on the market (and likely to continue into at least the early part of 2016) that maybe Hasbro is going to dust off the branding for a replacement for Rescue Bots.  Maybe follow the Marvel and Star Wars lines (or even TMNT Half Shell heroes) which offer villains and broader concepts.

I really don't see this big "reinvention" some people at other sites seem to be entertaining.

#7 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4825 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Rescue Bots/Go-Go-Go-Bots crossover time!

#8 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

If there is not too many issues they can use the characters while not making them look too simalir to Bandai's machine robo toys I guess.

If we could get a new Crasher, cop-fur or Cy-kil why not?

Edited by Skullgrin2014, 26 January 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#9 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39242 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

I'm guessing this will be a subtitle for something.  Rescue Bots or such.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#10 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28844 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Bay only agreed to stay if they went in a vastly new direction for movie 5.

Get ready to see more explosions than you'd think possible at a nursery school, with a script from the talent behind Baby Geniuses.

#11 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2983 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

It'll be very bizarre if this ends up a lot better than Bayformers and any of the recent TF shows.

#12 News Team

News Team

Are there any more qualified than me to bring you the latest new

• Citizen
  • 39644 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

On Jan 21st† Hasbro filed for 5 Go-Bots Movie & Toyline trademarks with the US Patent office.† Based on the filings, they seem to have a lot of things to come in the future for the Go-Bots. Stuff like TV shows, movies, mobile games, and clothing. To complete details of each of the filings can be read below the bump.

Entertainment services, namely, production and distribution of motion pictures, ongoing television programs and television game shows, and an animated television series; educational and entertainment services, namely, ongoing programs in the field of children’s entertainment accessible by television, satellite, radio, audio, video, electronic media and computer networks; providing news and information in the field of children’s educational activities and entertainment; entertainment services, namely, providing online computer games and interactive multi player online games via global networks; fan club services; entertainment services in the nature of competitions in the field of entertainment trivia; providing computer databases, information, and websites, all featuring audio entertainment, visual entertainment and audiovisual entertainment via global computer networks; entertainment services, namely, the production of DVDs and soundtrack albums

Toys, games and playthings, namely, toy vehicles and accessories for use therewith; toy action figures and accessories for use therewith; toy playsets for use in connection with toy action figures and toy vehicles; toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms; toy robots; dolls; electronic action toys; mechanical toys; toy construction sets; building toys; jigsaw puzzles; board games; parlor games; action skill games; card games; role-playing games; trading card games; hand held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; target games; dice games

Clothing, footwear and headwear, namely, underwear, rainwear, sleepwear, coats, shirts, tops, jackets, jogging suits, warm-up suits, sweaters, sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts, swimwear, dresses, pants, shorts, masquerade costumes and masks sold in connection therewith, belts, caps, knit caps, hats, visors, scarves, mittens, gloves, headbands, wristbands, socks, slipper socks, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals

Paper goods and printed matter, namely, address books, comic books, notebooks, picture books, interactive mystery story books, fantasy adventure story books, books containing puzzles and games, instructional manuals and printed strategy guides for games; book covers; photograph albums; printed invitations; trading cards; writing pads; posters; book marks; non-electronic personal day and desktop planners and organizers; artist materials, namely, pencils and pens; gift wrap paper; paper gift tags; paper gift bags; paper gift boxes; correspondence note paper; greeting cards; paper party decorations; party goody bags of paper or plastic; postcards; stickers; sticker books; calendars; temporary tattoos; school and office supplies, namely, pens, markers, notepads, binders, stationery, notepads, pencil cases, desk pads, stationery sets comprised of paper, envelopes, seals, notepads; stencils; patterns for making costumes; rubber stamps; ink pads; colored pencils; sleeves for holding stamps; series of fiction books in the field of entertainment and science fiction; bi-monthly and monthly magazines dealing with role-playing adventure games; fantasy art posters; fantasy adventure novels

Interactive entertainment software, namely, interactive video game programs, interactive multimedia computer game programs, computer game software, computer game cartridges, computer game discs; interactive video games of virtual reality comprised of computer hardware for use with an external monitor and software; downloadable software for use in playing computer games; computer game software for use with communication devices and mobile telephones; computer and video game apparatus, namely, video game machines for use with televisions; pre-recorded audio tapes featuring music; pre-recorded video tapes, laser discs, DVDs, all featuring music, games and animation

Whether this is a reboot of the original series or something totally new hasn’t been revealed yet. But we’ll keep an eye out for future registrations like character names and movie and TV titles.

View the full article

#13 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

LASER DISCS

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#14 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16948 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

They did the same for Rom Spaceknight about 6 years ago. Whoopdie.

#15 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4663 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Pfft, how many years have they sat on Micronauts for that matter?

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17422 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

That sounds so painful.

-ZacWilliam, and they've probably totally broken those figures by now.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#17 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 2061 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

It be interesting to see if this is going to be a revival of gobots for the modern day or a  a new transformer sub line.  Granted from looking at what their trade marking it be nice to see them capitalize on the really untouch nostalgic factor with the Gobots.

#18 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Validating
  • 2882 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

o
That sounds so painful.

Depends on the figure. Time Traveler is so articulated that he just balls right up. It's like sitting on a pile of rubber bands.

Antron, OTOH...between the body-spikes and the hook-hand...

-SS (and don't even get me started on Microtron's. crotch-drill...)

Edited by StarSaber, 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#19 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29307 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

Rescue Bots/Go-Go-Go-Bots crossover time!

Having Paul Dobson and Steve Blum in the same show would be so epic our ears would explode from Sexy Voice Overload.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#20 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7466 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Maybe the NAILS from the comics will be refactioned as Go-Bots?