Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (16 July 2020 - 09:43 AM)

Circuit-breaker '84, this is Megatron's rubber duck. We've got ourselves a Rodimus Convoy. Do you copy? Over.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 07:06 AM)

I'm not going to sit here and bicker with you. I've made my point very clear and have nothing more to say on the issue.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 07:00 AM)

I can't do anything to prevent hurricanes either but it'd be absurd to suggest I therefore shouldn't talk about them.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:57 AM)

Basically neither you nor I even like South Park anyways so the best you can do is leave it alone rather than suggest it is corrupting hearts and minds.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

In that case I'm... not sure what the point is?

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:53 AM)

Nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. You can't prevent people from doing it. It's an artistic work with fans. I don't think I'm off-track.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:51 AM)

As far as I can tell you just of course'd the thing you were poopooing...

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

Also, this is starting to get a bit too serious for the shoutbox (though it already was)

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

"It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing." Of course, that's South Park's "artistic" style. It's what South Park's audience wants, and that's okay.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

You can probably finish the sentence "I got 50% of my sense of humor from" with the name of some fictional work.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

And it still wouldn't be S.W.A.T.'ss or Grey's Anatomy's or South Park's fault.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

The idea isn't that people are taking South Park's in-universe parody moral lessons seriously (though as Nevermore points out, you can't safely assume that isn't also happening). It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

"People say" those people are right, and you should listen to them. We can't protect people from themselves, but you can advise them well.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:27 AM)

So many medical disasters because someone took what they saw on a hospital show at face value.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:25 AM)

So many people who think police and court procedure works like it does in Hollywood, and act accordingly. Sometimes to their own disadvantage, sometimes just to the frustration of well-meaning authorities.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:24 AM)

People say "you shouldn't take your morals from a TV show" all the time, but regardless of how these people want things to work doesn't mean other people aren't doing it anyways.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:01 AM)

And I mean, if you're looking for a 1950s conservative position on something, it's certainly that a TV show is rotting children's minds.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:00 AM)

Conservatives are not hiding under the bed waiting to ruin... uh... Family Guy of all things? And like, nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. Expecting such things is impractical.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

It was just the cartoon with those foul mouthed kids in the UK until that bubble burst after the movie. Reviewers joked the movies target audience would be unable to see it for the rating.

@  Paladin : (15 July 2020 - 05:14 PM)

see also: "South Park." the show that poisoned a generation by teaching them "it's stupid to feel for other people."

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM)

'Take that! People who care about things!'

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:02 AM)

With Brian, he stopped being the voice of reason and started to be the right wing notion of a liberal, someone who's lazy, pretentious, doesn't work at anything, is every bit as abusive as the rest of the cast and only wins arguments with strawmen.

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

Of course, I stopped enjoying Family Guy around that time, so my bias is clear. XP

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:54 AM)

Is it because they changed or we changed?  Stuff that was charming, or at least, funny at first can get really annoying the longer you know a person... and I find that can go for fictional characters as well.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

familyguyjar.png

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:45 AM)

One example is Family Guy where around season 8 Brian is suddenly reviled by everyone and has acted way out of character since.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:44 AM)

My least favorite thing in fiction is when it changes hands so you get a author, writer or showrunner who hates a character or messes with a arc/layout.

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

Photo
- - - - -

Hasbro applies for the Go-Bots trademark... in susprising categories.

Go-Bots Gobots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2351 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hasbro applied for the Go-Bots trademark this month... not just for the toylines category, but also the TV shows/movies category as well.

I wonder what this means. Did Hasbro sort the rights out for the characters from Warner Brothers?

Edited by Miss Kayla Kaon, 26 January 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#2 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18430 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

I'm sure this is a "do it before someone else does" move. Why would Hasbro want to compete with themselves?

#3 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36720 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Nah, it will just be a new show staring this guy

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#4 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2351 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

I'd imagine it would be a fun spinoff line. Maybe the next Generations sub-line after Combiner Wars- I mean, only one of the pair of 80's robot toylines got to celebrate their 30th anniversary, right?

#5 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5931 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Nah, it will just be a new show staring this guy

/stares intently at that guy

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#6 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4928 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

I'm sure this is a "do it before someone else does" move. Why would Hasbro want to compete with themselves?

Actually, if this is for a different market segment, then it wouldn't be competition :p

First thing that sprung to my mind was that, with Rescue Bots entering its fourth year on the market (and likely to continue into at least the early part of 2016) that maybe Hasbro is going to dust off the branding for a replacement for Rescue Bots.  Maybe follow the Marvel and Star Wars lines (or even TMNT Half Shell heroes) which offer villains and broader concepts.

I really don't see this big "reinvention" some people at other sites seem to be entertaining.

#7 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4902 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Rescue Bots/Go-Go-Go-Bots crossover time!

#8 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

If there is not too many issues they can use the characters while not making them look too simalir to Bandai's machine robo toys I guess.

If we could get a new Crasher, cop-fur or Cy-kil why not?

Edited by Skullgrin2014, 26 January 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#9 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

I'm guessing this will be a subtitle for something.  Rescue Bots or such.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#10 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29183 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Bay only agreed to stay if they went in a vastly new direction for movie 5.

Get ready to see more explosions than you'd think possible at a nursery school, with a script from the talent behind Baby Geniuses.

#11 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 3010 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

It'll be very bizarre if this ends up a lot better than Bayformers and any of the recent TF shows.

#12 News Team

News Team

Are there any more qualified than me to bring you the latest new

• Citizen
  • 42597 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

On Jan 21st† Hasbro filed for 5 Go-Bots Movie & Toyline trademarks with the US Patent office.† Based on the filings, they seem to have a lot of things to come in the future for the Go-Bots. Stuff like TV shows, movies, mobile games, and clothing. To complete details of each of the filings can be read below the bump.

Entertainment services, namely, production and distribution of motion pictures, ongoing television programs and television game shows, and an animated television series; educational and entertainment services, namely, ongoing programs in the field of children’s entertainment accessible by television, satellite, radio, audio, video, electronic media and computer networks; providing news and information in the field of children’s educational activities and entertainment; entertainment services, namely, providing online computer games and interactive multi player online games via global networks; fan club services; entertainment services in the nature of competitions in the field of entertainment trivia; providing computer databases, information, and websites, all featuring audio entertainment, visual entertainment and audiovisual entertainment via global computer networks; entertainment services, namely, the production of DVDs and soundtrack albums

Toys, games and playthings, namely, toy vehicles and accessories for use therewith; toy action figures and accessories for use therewith; toy playsets for use in connection with toy action figures and toy vehicles; toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms; toy robots; dolls; electronic action toys; mechanical toys; toy construction sets; building toys; jigsaw puzzles; board games; parlor games; action skill games; card games; role-playing games; trading card games; hand held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; target games; dice games

Clothing, footwear and headwear, namely, underwear, rainwear, sleepwear, coats, shirts, tops, jackets, jogging suits, warm-up suits, sweaters, sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts, swimwear, dresses, pants, shorts, masquerade costumes and masks sold in connection therewith, belts, caps, knit caps, hats, visors, scarves, mittens, gloves, headbands, wristbands, socks, slipper socks, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals

Paper goods and printed matter, namely, address books, comic books, notebooks, picture books, interactive mystery story books, fantasy adventure story books, books containing puzzles and games, instructional manuals and printed strategy guides for games; book covers; photograph albums; printed invitations; trading cards; writing pads; posters; book marks; non-electronic personal day and desktop planners and organizers; artist materials, namely, pencils and pens; gift wrap paper; paper gift tags; paper gift bags; paper gift boxes; correspondence note paper; greeting cards; paper party decorations; party goody bags of paper or plastic; postcards; stickers; sticker books; calendars; temporary tattoos; school and office supplies, namely, pens, markers, notepads, binders, stationery, notepads, pencil cases, desk pads, stationery sets comprised of paper, envelopes, seals, notepads; stencils; patterns for making costumes; rubber stamps; ink pads; colored pencils; sleeves for holding stamps; series of fiction books in the field of entertainment and science fiction; bi-monthly and monthly magazines dealing with role-playing adventure games; fantasy art posters; fantasy adventure novels

Interactive entertainment software, namely, interactive video game programs, interactive multimedia computer game programs, computer game software, computer game cartridges, computer game discs; interactive video games of virtual reality comprised of computer hardware for use with an external monitor and software; downloadable software for use in playing computer games; computer game software for use with communication devices and mobile telephones; computer and video game apparatus, namely, video game machines for use with televisions; pre-recorded audio tapes featuring music; pre-recorded video tapes, laser discs, DVDs, all featuring music, games and animation

Whether this is a reboot of the original series or something totally new hasn’t been revealed yet. But we’ll keep an eye out for future registrations like character names and movie and TV titles.

View the full article

#13 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

LASER DISCS

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#14 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17118 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

They did the same for Rom Spaceknight about 6 years ago. Whoopdie.

#15 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4928 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Pfft, how many years have they sat on Micronauts for that matter?

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17860 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

That sounds so painful.

-ZacWilliam, and they've probably totally broken those figures by now.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#17 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

It be interesting to see if this is going to be a revival of gobots for the modern day or a  a new transformer sub line.  Granted from looking at what their trade marking it be nice to see them capitalize on the really untouch nostalgic factor with the Gobots.

#18 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Validating
  • 2882 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

o
That sounds so painful.

Depends on the figure. Time Traveler is so articulated that he just balls right up. It's like sitting on a pile of rubber bands.

Antron, OTOH...between the body-spikes and the hook-hand...

-SS (and don't even get me started on Microtron's. crotch-drill...)

Edited by StarSaber, 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#19 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30422 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

Rescue Bots/Go-Go-Go-Bots crossover time!

Having Paul Dobson and Steve Blum in the same show would be so epic our ears would explode from Sexy Voice Overload.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#20 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7801 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Maybe the NAILS from the comics will be refactioned as Go-Bots?