Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
- - - - -

Top ___ list of anything thread

275 replies to this topic

#261 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Top Manga I've read

I haven't read a lot of Manga (probably not even enough to round up a top 5). But here's what I got and how I rate them. 

5. Vampire Hunter D
To be honest, I never did get through the entire thing. But I like the Anime (both the original and 'Bloodlust'). But the manga does have some awesome artwork. And from what I did read, I can say if you like the anime, you should see if you can find the manga.

4. Escaflowne
Escaflowne wasn't my first anime, but it was my first anime series. The manga...at least the one that was released here in America...I know there was another series that I've never seen...the manga was completely different from the series. Some of the concepts were the same, but you could just as well be reading a manga based off of something entirely not the anime. Still, interesting read and being a big Escaflowne fan, I found an alternative interpretation rather interesting.

3. Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell was the first anime I ever watched. Well, I guess there was Voltron, but I don't really count that for several reasons. If you've seen GitS, you know it's something the average viewer's going to have to watch more than once to get what's going on. That actually goes double for the manga. But yeah, big GitS fan. So I had to get this. There was even an uncensored version sold in America...very briefly...best of luck finding a copy.

2. Zelda 
There's actually adaptations out for several of the games. Just pick your favorite or try and get them all. I haven't read one yet that I didn't like. If you like Zelda...find these. Seriously.

1. Girl Friends
Okay, so...it's a yuri manga. But oddly enough, for a 5 volume set, there's really only a couple really Ecchi parts. It actually focuses on the relationship more anything lurid. So if you're reading it just for the sexy time, you'd probably be disappointed. But if you want a well-paced, slow-build, relationship driven love story...it's actually a pretty decent read.

Well, What do ya know? I actually made it to 5!

Top Anime I've seen

Well now this list I'm downright certain I can fill. It's going to be harder to actually trim it down. Let's see what I got!

10. Evangelion

If you can just kinda not watch the last few episodes, it's actually a pretty decent watch. It's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't really say anything specific. And the ending is confusing as hell (there's a reason why "Gainax Ending" is a thing on TVTropes). So I couldn't very well put it too high on this list. Still, it's pretty well known. I think many even consider it a classic. So I guess I did have to give it some sort of mention.

9. Perfect Blue

Hitchcock meets anime...and it's pretty awesome. It's a bit of a mind screw. But that's what makes it so engaging. 

8. Ninja Scroll

If you want lots of blood, gore and nudity...this is for you. It was the second anime movie I ever watched. It's still in my library, but I've kinda mellowed since I first saw this. So it's kinda hard to rate it too high. 

7. Escaflowne

Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll were my first anime movies. This was my first anime series. So this entry's kind of a personal one. But as a poor college kid who had to watch what I spent my money on, this one one series that once I started, I just couldn't stop until I had all 8 volumes. Usually if i need a fix, though, I just watch the movie. I just don't have it in me to do full marathons of entire series too often. But if I were to do another marathon anytime soon (after I finish Street Fighter II V), this would probably be it.

6. Appleseed

It has the same kind of flavor as Ghost in the Shell...which makes sense because the author of the manga's for both are the same. Though honestly, the original hand drawn animated one and Appleseed Alpha are really the only ones you need to watch. The other two are...okay...but really just okay.

5. Spirited Away

If you need me to explain why a Miyazaki anime is worth seeing then there's no helping you.

4. Akira

I've heard it said many times that this is the reason America even knows about anime. If you watch any anime at all, you've at least heard the name Akira. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It's not just an anime movie...it's a piece of history you absolutely need to see. And as you watch it...keep in mind...this was all HAND...DRAWN!

3. Ghost in the Shell

First anime I ever watched. It's amazingly complex and may take a couple watching to figure out everything that's going on. It also requires a healthy attention span. But as big as the franchise is, it shouldn't be too hard to see why this is a must see. Just...don't see the American made life action movie and feel like you've seen anything that approaches the original. Umm...let me rephrase that. Just...don't see the American made life action movie.

2. Princess Mononoke

If you need me to explain why a Miyazaki anime is worth seeing then there's no helping you. 

1. Trigun

Starts out hilariously funny, ends up serious. But it always makes sense why it takes the directions it takes. It's got a charm and it's another one I really need to marathon again some time.  

PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#262 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36013 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Stay tuned for "Top 10 Mayhemmers Who Are Still Living In The 90s"

#263 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

Some of those were ones I saw in college, yes.

<_<

Damn!
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#264 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Top Games I am thrilled to have arcade perfect ports of

1. Street Fighter II

2. Final Fight

3. X-Men

4. TMNT 1/2
Not quite arcade perfect since these are the gamecube unlocks in the other TMNT games and the music is changed. But the play and graphics are the same, so I'm counting them.

5. Donkey Kong

6. Pac Man

7. Galaga

8. Mortal Kombat 1/2/Ultimate 3

9. Soul Calibur 2
Also not quite arcade perfect since the arcade didn't have Link. But having played the arcade game once, I think this version's actually better!

10. Simpsons
PSN = Caldwin

#265 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

Top 5 Street Fighter Games:
For this list, cross-over games will not be included. Also, Super Hyper Championship Arcade Turbo HD Remix Plus Editions will all go under the same entry as the main number. Otherwise this would become the list of best Street Fighter II games.

And yet, for some unfathomable reason, I've never made that list...UNTIL NOW!!!!

But this won't be a top # list. I'm just going to list them all in order of preference. This will not include ports. There's just too darn many, some of which I haven't even played. HD Remakes don't count as ports because they add something other straight ports don't have. They're more than just simple ports.

This is also my personal list of how I'd rank them. Therefore nostalgia goggles are a perfectly acceptable reason for rating one game higher than another.

Best Street Fighter II Games

7. Street Fighter II Champion Edition
I realize it was needed at the time. This finally let you play as the boss characters. But I personally never did play as the boss characters. So it was lost on me. For me, this one just doesn't even need to exist. If I want slow gameplay, I play World Warrior. If I want fast gameplay, I play turbo. This version doesn't really offer anything I can't get in one of those other versions.

6. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
I really wanted to rate this one higher. But I never did play it in the arcades and when I do play it on the Anniversary Collection, the computer difficulty is ramped up really high. I even looked it up online and it turns out I'm not the only one who thought so. Originally the arcade was so punishingly brutal that people didn't want to play it, so Capcom had to come out with an update that lowered the difficulty. But of course it's the original punishing one they put on the Anniversary Collection, so it's the only one I've played and I just don't care to play it.

5. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
At first I was going to say I didn't like this because of the difficulty. But right before ranking it, I played it again. I've been playing a lot of Street Fighter...enough that I probably got good. To my surprise, I did better than I had been. But not good enough to really change my mind much. In my mind, if you're going to have difficulty settting, Easy should be a cakewalk right through to the end and Hard should kick my ass with the first character...with the other settings rating somewhere in between. If I can't even beat it on Easy level...than booooooo! Still, it's less punishing than the arcade version that I have on the Anniversary Collection, so it rates higher.

4. Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
I really love this version. While I can't rate it high for it's ports, I can rate it for its nostalgia...and I get quite a bit of nostalgia for this one because it's the one port of SFII I own the actual cartridge for on the SNES. I also own Alpha 2, but that's completely different. I already said nostalgia goggles will be treated as a perfectly acceptable reason for rating a game high. So here it is. Oh, and also, this is where Chun-Li gets her Kikoken. I can't tell you how many tactical mistakes I keep making in World Warrior because I keep forgetting she doesn't have her Kikoken yet. Plus I just like saying Kikoken. 

3. Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers
HD graphics, the inclusion of Akuma, Evil Ryu and Violent Ken as playable characters, easy mode I can breeze through and a hard mode that kicks my ass on the first character. This one has it all. The only reason I can't rate it higher is because now that I have the Anniversary Collection, this sadly just hasn't seen much use.

2. Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
Cammy. Nuff said.

1. Street Fighter II World Warrior
This is the first one. I mean, duh, yeah it's the first one. But that in itself is kinda huge. While it may not have started the player vs. player genre (there's a reason there's a II in the name), it was the one that made it so popular that now we have games like: Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Injustice...shall I keep going? This was the first version of Street Fighter II. This is the first version I ever played. This is the first game I ever played that used more than two buttons. This is where Chun-Li, Guile, Blanka and so many other icons were born.

Call it nostalgia goggles at their finest, but to be totally honest, of the 12 games that came on the Anniversary Collection, this is actually still the one that takes up most of my play time.

PSN = Caldwin

#266 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:41 AM

Cheesecake thread gave me an idea. Typed on annoying cell-phone screen, so none of the usual pretty formatting I'm afraid.

Also, aside from kitty and Peters "wedding" issue, it's been a while since I've read X-Men. So some of my reasoning may be dated...but still totally valid.

Top 5 X-Women

5. Psylocke
Everything she wears screams "I want sex." Do I need any other reason?

4. X-23
More tan just a disstaff counterpart for Wolverine, she has a lot of messed up things in her life. Like one issue I was legit surprised Marvel took on was a character that was into self harm. Not that I've ever done myself any lasting harm, still that hit a bit close to home. I may not like how Marvel's pretty much become an SJW soapbox over the years, but seeing them tackle some issues can be a welcome thing.

3. Rogue
For a good long while she was my absolute favorite. Not allowed to touch anyone. First romantic moment of her life left her boyfriend in a coma. Remorse for what she did to Carol Danvers. What can I say? I guess I like my heroes damaged. Unfortunately, I began to see her less and less and what I did see of her started to become boring. I'm almost tempted to read the new comics of her and Gambit to see if they're doing her any better, but I'm kinda afraid to do so.

2. Jubilee
Yes, Jubilee. I realize she didn't used to be very well liked back in the day. I'm not sure what public opinion is of her now. But she's always Had spirit. And her recent story lines of becoming a vampire, becoming a mother and finally getting her mortality back really matured the character in a good way.

1. Kitty Pryde
For crying out loud, Marvel! Let her get married! I mean, at this point, I'm not buying the whole keeping her young argument. She's gone from a junior member with a crush and a deep love for banana splits with all the trimmings to the head mistress of the hugging school with a deep and long standing relationship and a bit of a love for a good hard beer. She's not a child anymore no matter what you may want.

Still, Marvels tomfoolery notwithstanding, I feel like...no... I absolutely have watched Kitty go through so many phases of growing up. More than any other X-Man, she's the one I feel like I've grown up with.

Honorable Mentions:
Rachel Grey, Jean Grey, Illyana
PSN = Caldwin

#267 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:14 PM

Top 10 Lindsey Stirling Songs

10. Beyond the Veil
I only know of one DVD that Lindsey Stirling's released. It's a concert performed in London. The song that a band chooses to open a show with can really be important. The first few moments build the tension before the performer makes their presence known actually on stage. Then at just the right moment, bam! There she is. This song set those moments up perfectly. It's the perfect concert opener for her. I like it. So it will also be the song I start this list off with.

9. Forgotten Voyage
I love syncopation. At least, I think I do. I hope I'm using that word right. In any case, listen to just the first few seconds of where she starts playing, you'll know what I mean. She repeats that style throughout the song. Something about that rhythm I just love it.

8. I Wonder as I Wander
Her videos keep getting better and better. And the wardrobe and the scenery and the cinematography are just top notch. Also, usually if there's singing in one of her songs, she's having a guest singer. Here, it's actually Lindsey singing it. And don't just take my word for it. Listen to it for yourself. Her singing is as beautiful as her violen work.

7. Gavi's Song.
Gavi used to play keyboard for Lindsey. Unfortunately he died. Lindsey had actually started writing this with him before he died. She finished it and put his name on it as a tribute. It does tend to choke you up a bit when you know the story behind it. If you've seen any of her more behind the scenes/slice of life videos and how close she and the rest of the band were, it's pretty sad.
https://www.youtube....dseyTime/videos

6. Crystallize
This was the first song I ever heard by her. So I guess there's a bit of personal bias on this one. But still, it was a heck of a first impression that made me a fan just after this one song. So, yes, I dare say it does deserve to be on this list.

5. First Light
I can't quite place why I keep coming back to this one. I mean, I can, but I don't know what the technical term would be. In the chorus parts, there's this little affect that put on the violin part where it slightly fades for little half-beats that I have to think are done artificially. But it puts kind of a funky quality to the sound which is just interesting to me.

4. Transcendence
I can't say enough how much I love counterpoint. This song starts out slow and then picks up. And it's when it's in the faster parts that she comes in and layers that beginning slower part behind it, and it works.

3. Master of Tides
I must admit, the song is beautiful and totally deserves to be on this list. But I may also be rating the video a bit. And that's kind of the thing with some of Lindsey's songs. The songs themselves are totally awesome and worth listening to. But whereas I've seen some videos where it seems obvious that the band is either just making a video because bands make videos because that's what they do, Lindsey's video's always seem to be an artistic expression in themselves. Both song and video just need to be experienced to understand why, yes, they really are that good.

2. Take Flight
In a whole 'yes, even instrumental music can have deep personal meaning' and 'so much can be said without a single lyric' kind of way, Lindsey has said how (paraphrasing here) this song is about how you can be in a really low period in your life, but there's that light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to go through the dark before you can get to the light. And honestly, I feel that every time I listen to this song. It's actually one of several songs that have been a big part of getting me through some crap.

1. Round Table Rival
This song is just pure energy. This has a permanent part in my playlist I listen to while driving. The video doesn't really jive with my picture of the music. But the song itself is just one of those I picture two+ violins going back and forth in a kind of competition. It's the same reason I kinda like Batalla De Los Tambores by Godsmack in their live performances or Devil Went Down to Georgia. A song where two instruments are dualing it out is just a fun type of song.

Top 5 Lindsey Stirling collaborations

5. Something Wild - Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
If I'm not mistaken, this was in the live action Pete's Dragon movie. It's one of those inspirational, encourage imagination type songs. Really peppy and uplifting.

4. Mirage - Raja Kumari
Just a kinda trippy, (and damn I hope I'm using the word right) syncopated song. There's also a lot of pizzicato in here, which I just absolutely love it when Lindsey does this!

3. Skyrim - Peter Hollens
Because it's Skyrim. Come at me, bro!

2. Shatter Me - LZZY HALE
hugging Lzzy Hale. That is all.

1. Hi-Lo - Evanescence
Mother...hugging...Evanescence. If this needs explained, then you and I are already enemies.

Honorable Mention
Hold My Heart - because I also like ZZ Ward and this one also has a bit of pizzicato as well.
PSN = Caldwin

#268 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

With this thread reaching page 2, Mortal Kombat 11 recently koming out and the fact that I just love kreating lists, I thought I'd do a few Mortal Kombat lists. These names are in no particular order. I just googled a list of all Mortal Kombat kharacters and I'm going through them one by one to see what list they belong on.

Mortal Kombat Kharacters that must never be forgotten in the lore
Sonya Blade - part of the original roster
Johnny Cage - part of the original roster
Goro - part of the original roster
Kano - part of the original roster
Liu Kang - part of the original roster
Raiden - part of the original roster
Reptile - part of the original roster
Scorpion - part of the original roster and too damn cool! Also my main since MK I
Sub Zero - can't say part of the original roster since that one is technically Noob Saibot, still one of my secondary mains and awesome character
Shang Tsung - part of the original roster but for heavens sake please give him back his morphing ability!  
Jax - As Sonya's partner since MK II and in most media outside the games, too important to the lore
Jade - As Kitana's BFF since childhood, too important to the lore
Kitana - Liu Kang's love interest and my secondary main since MK II
Shao Khan - Been too important to the lore to ignore, but please stop making him the boss!
Motaro - As long as they don't make him bi-pedal again. Keep it real, NRS!
Sheeva - First playable Shokan character and a heckuva lot prettier than Goro
Sindel - She got some street-cred in 9. I hope they make her a good guy again though.
Fujin - Wouldn't mind seeing him take Raiden's place to be honest
Quan Chi - I love Scorpion. So anyone who furthers Scorpions lore is alright by me.
Shinnok - Could just take Shao Khan's place as big bad as far as I'm concerned.
Frost - Nice foil for Sub Zero and I am so glad she made her return in 11
Kenshi - cause all-seeing blind-man is an awesome archtype
Nitara - I used her all the time in Deadly Alliance. She was an interesting character and I really wish she'd make a return
Cassie Cage - Sonya and Johnny Cages daughter and she really does combine the best of both of them
D'Vorah - Disgustingly awesome. She creeps me out and I love it!
Erron Black - Awesome design and I love his attitude
Jacqui Briggs - I love how she plays off Cassie. She's much more awesome than her father honestly.
Cetrion - My favorite 11 introduction. I like her moveset and her design's pretty cool.

Mortal Kombat Kharacters that I kan take or leave
Noob Saibot - important because he's the original Sub Zero, be otherwise is just another ninja 
Baraka - There's been too many generic Tarkatan characters for Baraka to really stand out 
Kintaro - Really redundant given Goro
Kung Lao - if he were the original that defeated Goro, that would be one thing. As is, he's just Liu Kang's buddy. *shrugs*
Mileena - a good rival for Kitana, but ultimately replacable
Smoke - I often use him when he's an option, but usually just another Scorpion wannabe.
Kabal - Kinda cool and nice as a Black Dragon friend for Kano. But nothing to really bump him to the necessary list
Li Mei - I kinda remember who she is and she's kinda cool...but so on the fringes of memory I can't count her on the list above
Sareena - Only ever been in Sub Zero's gaiden game and Armageddon, but she looks interesting and I wouldn't mind seeing her again
Skarlet - Yeah she's just another female ninja clone, but her blood powers actually make her interesting
Ferra & Torr - Interesting concept. Just interesting enough to keep them off the list below
Kotal Khan - Not my cup of tea, but I guess he made himself somewhat important to the lore
Kollector - Interesting design and intriguing story. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.
Kronika - At least she's a new boss we haven't already fought in half the games that have come before

Mortal Kombat Kharacters that must be forgotten because dang they suck
Blaze - Only appeared in a couple games and I just never found him to be really memorable
Cyrax - Only ever used him in 3 because his net made him a replacement for Scorpion until Ultimate. Otherwise, Scorpion light and forgettable
Night Wolf - Heavy on the stereotype and has never really been needed in any of the lore...and his Annihilation appearance is embarrassing!
Sektor - Seriously, just never cared for the cyber-ninjas altogether tbh
Stryker - Really, I've never seen anyone who liked this guy unironically
Chameleon - like we really need another ninja clone
Ermac - like we really need another ninja clone
Rain - like we really need another ninja clone
Khameleon - like we really need another female ninja clone
Jarek - Nice to see more Black Dragon members, but he's so bleh he's forgettable
Meat - Was he ever even a serious character?
Tanya - Just a traitor to Edenia. Very forgettable.
Bo' Rai Cho - introduced fart jokes to the MK universe and that alone is unforgivable
Mokap - Was he ever even a serious character?
Onaga - As a boss, he was nowhere near as interesting as Shang Tsung, Shao Khan or Shinnok
Ashrah - a poor Raiden imitation
Havik - Other than being a personification of chaos, very forgettable
Shujinko - No moves of his own and holy crap what an idiot!
Geras - I expect him to be on the list below a month after I stop playing 11

Who the heck even are these Kharacters, because I'm not recognizing these names at all
Kai
Reiko
Drahmin
Hsu Hao
Mavado
Moloch
Dairou
Darrius
Hotaru
Kira
Kobra
Daegon
Taven
Kung Jin
Takahashi Takeda
Tremor
Triborg
PSN = Caldwin

#269 Logicron

Logicron

L IS REAL

• Citizen
  • 35175 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

Top Ten Times Caldwin Bumped This Dead, Sad Thread

#270 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Top ten times I've said how much I love making lists.
  • tec likes this
PSN = Caldwin

#271 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:37 PM

Top Ten Scott McNeil Roles:

1. Dinobot

2. Sindri Myr

3. Ali al-Saachez

4. Jesus Christ

5. Waspinator

6. Big Sexy Evil

7. Indrick Boreale

8. Cobra Commander

9. Wolverine

10. Ace the Bat-Hound

Decepticons, FOREVER!

"Taste the cruel bite of my ruthless weaponry."

#272 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29914 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

Top 1 Austrian-born French Queens I'm Gay For

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#273 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:40 AM

1. Dinobot

2. Sindri Myr

3. Ali al-Saachez

4. Jesus Christ

5. Waspinator

6. Big Sexy Evil

7. Indrick Boreale

8. Cobra Commander

9. Wolverine

10. Ace the Bat-Hound

Ah come on. Dr. Wily and Protoman should at least be honorable mentions.

• Jet likes this

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#274 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

1. Dinobot

2. Sindri Myr

3. Ali al-Saachez

4. Jesus Christ

5. Waspinator

6. Big Sexy Evil

7. Indrick Boreale

8. Cobra Commander

9. Wolverine

10. Ace the Bat-Hound

Ah come on. Dr. Wily and Protoman should at least be honorable mentions.

I can't actually rank most of his roles apart from Dinobot and Sindri.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

"Taste the cruel bite of my ruthless weaponry."

#275 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

1 cup milk

1 cup mix of frozen cherries, strawberries, black berries, peaches

Blend until smooth
PSN = Caldwin

#276 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32712 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

10 Vtubers I like (no order)

Ironmouse

Korone

Rin Asobi

Mel

Fuu

Tankis

Silver

Kazuna Ai

Killakuma

Bunny

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users