Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2019 - 06:53 PM)

combine the two options. Grayffles or Waffson

@  Paladin : (25 April 2019 - 05:43 PM)

split the difference- "Ryan" after the Titanium Ranger.

@  Sabrblade : (25 April 2019 - 05:10 PM)

The second name choice is "Waffles", named after Goofy's gray tabby cat from Goof Troop. It's a cuter name than "Grayson" and the kitten is definitely adorable, but his colors aren't as close a match to the namesake as one of his sibling's colors are (said sibling is already spoken for, so I can't name that one).

@  Sabrblade : (25 April 2019 - 05:07 PM)

The first name choice is "Grayson", because he's gray and a son, and I think the name sounds cool. It also makes me think of Carter Grayson, the Red Ranger from Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, who was a born leader and one of the coolest Red Rangers.

@  Paladin : (25 April 2019 - 05:07 PM)

"Lamont."

@  Sabrblade : (25 April 2019 - 05:06 PM)

I need help deciding on a name for one of the kittens. He's an all-gray cat but is also showing early signs of growing some black stripes in his fur. There are two names I've thought of for him and can't decide which one I like more.

@  Telly : (25 April 2019 - 01:31 PM)

got the second part of first gundam, popped it in and wow! picture miles better than my old dvds. other than the archaic animation (which i dont mind), it looks like it was done recently

@  Xellos : (25 April 2019 - 07:49 AM)

Aye, or at least the movies for Zeta, as they supposedly negate ZZ, kinda like how the Code Geass clip movies retcon some events before the newest one.

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 11:05 PM)

i wish theyd dub double zeta. thats the only one im missing for the "amuro vs char" thing (and chars not even in it so...). but given some of the things ive heard about it, its probly best that they dont dub it

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 11:02 PM)

and im on vacation next week so ill have lots of time to watch all this lol

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 11:01 PM)

@zaku ive got war in the pocket on standard dvd already. amazon didnt have it on blu ray. bonus points to it for having character designs by haruhiku mikimoto. and this collecction is only "new" in as much as its new to me on blu ray. ive had burnt dvd copies of it all for years

@  Xellos : (24 April 2019 - 09:44 PM)

Yeah, 00 was pretty good, and I recently watched Build Divers, and found it really fun. Got both limited editions of IBO... still need to watch them...

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 April 2019 - 08:30 PM)

00 is also pretty good, basically a refined version of the Wing concept, and IBO is great.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 April 2019 - 08:29 PM)

I'll be the requisite "Build Fighters is actually pretty good" chime in

@  MEDdMI : (24 April 2019 - 07:52 PM)

G Gundam was the best. Horse mecha! Piloted by.... a HORSE!

@  ZakuConvoy : (24 April 2019 - 07:31 PM)

I'd probably recommend tracking down 0080 War in the Pocket to go along with your new collection, but you might have enough to watch for right now.

@  Xellos : (24 April 2019 - 06:53 PM)

G Gundam will likely always rank first for me, as it is the one I find the most fun, but 8th MS was great for being the most "realistic" of the UC stuff.

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 06:17 PM)

the only other gundam series ive watched-which was also the FIRST gundam series i watched-is wing (and ill probly get that on blu ray soon too). i know i havent watched everything tied to it, but the UC is quite enough for me lol

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 06:14 PM)

i think 8th team is my favorite, but cant say why. maybe it has something to do with them not being newtypes. i dont particularly like that concept

@  Xellos : (24 April 2019 - 06:11 PM)

8th M Team, 0083, and Zeta are my favorites of the original timeline. Have yet to watch Origin, but it is loooow on my list, as I never particularly liked Char. Quattro Bajeena was actually kinda cool, though.

@  Telly : (24 April 2019 - 05:49 PM)

so i just did something insane. i bought gundam origin, first gundam, 08th ms team, operation stardust, zeta gundam AND chars counterattack on bluray...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 April 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Hollywood stereotypes, eh? Don't get me started on how sheerly unrealistic that can be, and how badly Hollywood loves to stick to them.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:44 PM)

Also, fun fact: To me, Dutch is the language that sounds harsh compared to German.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:37 PM)

Generally, nobody shouts at each other in Germany unless they're either a) morons or b) doing it for comedic effect.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:36 PM)

... based on an outdated way of speaking (I mean, does anyone in the US still speak like Joe Friday?)... which might also have been at least partially a regional thing.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Generally, many native English speakers' primary conception of the German language and its perceived harshness comes from Hollywood movies... created by non-native German speakers, with non-native German actors giving their impression of what they think the German language sounds like...

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 05:33 PM)

I might be severely biased, but as a native German speaker, I think the perception of the "harsh German language" is at least in part due to a myth created by Hollywood.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (24 April 2019 - 05:32 PM)

I wish I knew if that Blue autobot in the background in the movie Bumblebee was Blurr.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 April 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Blood is blue before coming into contact with air from outside.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 April 2019 - 09:50 AM)

I had to use a whole ten percent of my brain to understand that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 April 2019 - 08:32 AM)

I think I saw a debunking of that like at least a decade ago when I still relied on TV for things.

@  Paladin : (24 April 2019 - 08:21 AM)

isn't the whole "lemmings jump to their death" thing proven false now too???

@  Pennpenn : (24 April 2019 - 03:05 AM)

It's like how the whole "alpha male" thing doesn't really show up in wolf packs in the wild.

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2019 - 01:54 AM)

Aaaaand another myth busted.

@  CORVUS : (24 April 2019 - 12:27 AM)

Quite welcome! :)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2019 - 09:51 PM)

@Corvus Huh, did not know that part. Thanks for imparting knowledge!

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 09:27 PM)

No because it's true.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 April 2019 - 09:17 PM)

Would I be jaded if i said that's a good lesson about people as well?

@  CORVUS : (23 April 2019 - 09:01 PM)

Overstated risk. Most observations of sexual cannibalism in the Praying Mantis occurred in captivity, versus nature. When entomologists began observing them in nature instead, they found that sexual cannibalism took place around 30% of the time. Basically, if a male Mantis avoids thin, hungry females, his chances are pretty good. #yesimanerd

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2019 - 07:52 PM)

Are you a male mantis?

@  MEDdMI : (23 April 2019 - 07:27 PM)

Death by snu snu

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 April 2019 - 06:40 PM)

There's a joke about going out with a bang to be made here.

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 06:38 PM)

I would hope getting laid is preferred over dying :p

@  Nevermore : (23 April 2019 - 05:20 PM)

Don't we all want to get laid?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 April 2019 - 04:53 PM)

I'd spend the first few loops just taking an extended nap.

@  Dekafox : (23 April 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Endless death time loops certainly happen enough in Star Trek

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 03:50 PM)

That's not what I had in mind but if that is what you would do in that scenario then that is pretty messed up. I would not want to be stuck in a perpetual loop of death. More like getting laid but that is just me.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2019 - 01:58 PM)

Happy death day to you!

@  Kayla Kaon : (23 April 2019 - 01:45 PM)

.... I would love that. To be stuck in an endless loop where no one remembers what happened... The possibilities :D

@  ZakuConvoy : (23 April 2019 - 01:43 PM)

Are you stuck in a Groundhogs Day situation? Because if you are, you need to tell the rest of us so we can take advantage, too.

Photo
- - - - -

Exhaust getting a makeover?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
209 replies to this topic

#121 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25810 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

I did not buy an Exhaust. It's a shame, because if I did, it would have been the first time I ever bought something in person from a "psst...check out what I got back here" guy, and said person would have sworn me to secrecy about it.

Totally missed out on that adventure.

Today is opposites day, right? ;)

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#122 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5929 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

So for those of you who got Exhaust, did you use a Japanese store like HLJ or did some domestic stores still carry the figure (BBTS et al)?

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#123 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64446 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

HLJ and Amazon Japan. BBTS and the like didn't sell him and their supplier, Hasbro Asia, outright cancelled him.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#124 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25810 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:48 PM

I "didn't" get him through a domestic retailer that doesn't list Exhaust online, but had some anyway.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#125 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

I smuggled a G1 Megatron over the Canadian border once. Kinda tense moment for me as I recall.

Edited by Tripredacus, 25 March 2015 - 02:50 PM.

jBU1ixT.jpg

#126 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25810 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

I smuggled a G1 Megatron over the Canadian border once. Kinda tense moment for me as I recall.

I flew back from OTFCC 2004 (not too long after the 9/11 attacks) with a re-issue Japanese G1 Megatron (i.e., actually fires plastic bullets) in my carry-on lugggage. I transformed him into robot mode and hoped for the best.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#127 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9078 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

Mine is on the way from HLJ.  It took them 5 days to ship it after I paid for it.  That's kind of ridiculous.  At least they're cheap.

#128 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25069 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

Well, that's how long it took to crack them all open and spraypaint them all proto gray.
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#129 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16959 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

I figure I'll just hang around 7/11 and try to bribe an adult into buying one for me.

#130 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Got mine yesterday from my usual NYC supplier.

I will love him long time.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"Anyone else smell Astroglide?"

KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#131 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34167 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

I got mine.  He looks a lot less like a vampire to me in person.

#132 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64446 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

Really surprised by this:

Attached Thumbnails

• CEvIeIvUEAAZ3Z-.jpg large.jpg
  • CEvMVL6WMAAq0CG.jpg large.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#133 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27469 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

:o  :o  :o

I never would have imagined a retailer having their own repaints done directly by said retailer.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#134 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26478 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

What a fascinating world we live in.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#135 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

I'm confused, are these shipping to the US? Did they just not say anything to anyone until one arrived in someone's mail box? And did they do this to their entire inventory?

Honestly, I'd be ok with this (though I admit now the KO folks have done the Wheeljack mold it's probably a moo point). It'll be interesting to see if they wind up reopening orders for people sending it back.

Edited by Dake, 11 May 2015 - 12:45 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#136 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10634 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

Wow. They did this without informing their customers beforehand? I would be livid if this showed up on my doorstep.

Edited by Spectre, 11 May 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#137 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16793 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

I don't know how I feel about this.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#138 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16654 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

Baffling that they'd send it to customers like this unannounced. It makes me wonder if they had already paid their own dealer and still had to move the product somehow.

Does this count as a "real" variant? Or is it more likely to be seen as damage / tampering?

Edited by Thylacine 2000, 11 May 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#139 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16793 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

Probably as tampering. I mean, that's how I see it.

Not announcing it is sketchy. At least announce it and drop the price. This surprise tactic is not the way to go.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#140 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

Though taping the area off and carefully removing the red paint is probably easier than trying to match the official paint to have a "correct" paint job.

But yeah, bad idea to not warn folks ahead of time. Honestly I think they still would have sold out at regular price if they announced it from the get go.

I'm also curious about the note - did they really submit the design to PM for approval? I'm pretty shocked they got it if so.

8ZSy6aw.jpg