Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

The Next console generation: You can't spell RPG without a J

28138 replies to this topic

#8001 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18685 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, and keep in mind that saving stores your stats, but not your location, so, if you find yourself in a sticky situation, just save and you won't lose your collection/money/etc, and then, if you do die, you'll restart at either the last check point or the nearest safe zone.

nzo8WYb.png

#8002 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35918 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

AUGH so close. My team killed the wrong Abductor at the very end so I didn't get the special reward. Trying again...

#8003 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32597 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

Got on top of the mountain between the boarder of Primordia and Glowy Woods(heh)

Attached File  o5HPh7r - Imgur.jpg   135.86KB   0 downloads

And no I still don't have my Armored Core yet

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#8004 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47322 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Or pants.

#8005 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32597 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:09 AM

Thats my Space Hooker look my actual combat armor is more realistic and besides theirs two layers to that gear..its just not very wide in some places

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#8006 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35918 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:12 AM

SUCCESS! All thanks to my belated discovery of the "Unify Targets" team command.

#8007 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

Okay so let's take stock of everything so far in Bloodborne.

The game begins in the central district of Yharnam, a big old gothic town. It's nearly nightfall and the streets are being prowled by crazy locals and the occasional monstrous dog, werewolf or giant troll. There's a few not-crazy people but they just told me to go away. I started off in a small doctor's clinic and found out from a dying guy that my goal is across the bridge. The bridge is a dead end with a boss called the Abyssal Beast who appears and attacks. Then there's a second route through the aqueduct and the sewer to a smaller bridge that leads to a small enclosed park area/cemetary, where one of the other hunters, Father Gascoine, goes mad and attacks you, serving as the second boss of the area. Once you kill him you get a key that opens up a path to the next area, the Cathedral Ward.

4Icx7qM.jpg

The Cathedral Ward is a more upper-class part of town where the church is based, which is what I was looking for. Currently I've got a friendly base in the Oedon Chapel where I've collected some sympathetic NPCs who are seeking shelter. There's a grumpy old lady, a polite prostitute, a scared nun, a skeptical jerk and a kindly beggar. If you go down from the Chapel (which I think is at a higher level than the town area), there's an old church building where you can meet another NPC, a fellow hunter named Alfried who helps you out. The church NPCs are hostile and turning monstrous as well, but once you go down into the cellar of the old church building you find a small complex of tunnels. These tunnels lead deep down into Old Yharnam.

eiUkj1q.jpg

Okay, so Old Yharnam is apparently the poor, older part of town that was purged with fire due to the plague of beasts. The only NPC there is an old man on a machine gun named Djura. He takes pot-shots at you becuase he wants to protect the beasts from you, since they all used to be people. From the rooftops you go down through a destroyed chapel to the "bottom" of town where you can find a shortcut up to the top as well as a boss, the Blood-Starved Beast, a monster in another ruined chapel. There's also an un-openable large door.

Going back to Cathedral Ward though there's another area that opens up to the left. This is a lift that leads up from the Chapel to a tower called the Healing Workshop, and then the top is locked but if you drop down the tower you can find a door to a nice monster-free area called the Abandoned Workshop, which is full of...interesting things. And then if you drop further down the tower without dying you end up in front of a miniboss called the Beast-Possessed Soul who's a werewolf that chucks fireballs. Then once you open the door behind him, you actually end up back in a part of Old Yharnam!

Still with me? So then going back to the Cathedral Ward, there's a new enemy after you kill the BSB, who's a big kidnappery guy who attacks you with a bag. If he kills you, though, you don't die but instead appear in the Hypogaen Gaol, which is a sort of prison cell. I initially thought this was some underground dungeon but after exploring turns out it opens out to the surface and looks to be the other side of the door in Old Yharnam too. I went down a bit and discovered a boss in the form of an electro-shock skeleton monster called Darkbeast Paarl. He jumps around a lot, haven't been able to killmurder him yet.

6sOz1Nd.jpg

Now back to the Cathedral Ward for a fourth time! There's a grand cathedral above the rest of the area, and you have to cross the square full of giants to climb the stairs to reach it, past a bunch of enemies too. Once you get to the door there's two routes- on the left you can go to a cave, and the right there's a pair of hunters who ambush you on some stairs. I picked left. This route leads to a small tunnel that opens out in a wooded area with lots of huntsmen and their dogs, but then you end up in a ruined country road called Hemwick Charnel Lane. You move through old buildings and huts and smashed up barns fighting crazy old women with cleavers and mallets, and eventually reach an open crossing that used to lead to a bridge over a lake. The bridge crumbled a long time ago. At the top of the crossing is a witch's hut where the Witch of Hemwick bossfight is- she's important to kill because she drops a useful tool for your workshop. Hemwick seems to be a dead end, but...

Anyway back to Cathedral Ward for the last time....no it's not, but bear with me. So from there you want to go to the top of the cathedral to the door, then break in to the grand cathedral. You encounter the Vicar, Amelia, or rather the horrible deer-horned monster she's transformed into. You kill her with fire and get to touch a weird skull. This does two things- first, it advances the game's time forward. It goes from sunset to nighttime. It also gives you a password. Now if you go back to the central square in the Cathedral Ward and hang right, you can find another path leading down to a sealed door. You open this with the password and travel down deep into...

ERjHzEq.jpg

..The Forbidden Woods! Imagine a dark forest full of traps and hunters and werewolves. Then add snakes. So from here you go to a small shanty town, and then to a destroyed windmill. However from the town you can also discover an old cave. I went into the cave and found a shallow underground lake full of poisonous water and wandering giants and creepy buggy worms. Past them, though, was a ladder. I climbed and climbed and climbed and guess where I ended up? Right outside the doctor's clinic where the game started, in the middle of town! How about that?

But back to the Woods. So you go into the destroyed windmill and down into the snakey forest. You fight balls of snakes and big balls of snakes and snake men and then you run into...Well. These:

Spoiler

Yeah.

I'm on to you, game.

Moving on.

So anyway past the snakes and those -things-, you arrive at the bottom of the woods. There's a boss here, the triple fight with the Shadows of Yharnam, and I'm currently on them now. But.

Remember the doctor's clinic through the woods tunnel? That gets you into the back of the clinic. You can find a tatty old letter on one of the bodies inside (yeah don't ask) and take it all the way back to Hemwick. At Hemwick you can wait at the crossing for a carriage, and in true Dracula style end up at...!

hmRsSMN.jpg

Forsaken Cainhurst Castle! A full on Castlevania winter dungeon full of tough monsters and ghost ladies blow-dart butlers and whywon'titletmewin.

How's that for an exploration game? Who knows where I'll end up next.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#8008 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34865 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Bloodborne almost feels like an open world game with bosses scattered about.

#8009 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14659 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

Gameplay aside, I think I would get tired of the dark, gloomy, washed out colors/mood.

Finished arcade mode in P4 Arena. And now I feel like trying out the challenge mode. It's not like I'm trying to get all the trophies, so why am I still playing this game? :D I never thought I'd enjoy a fighting game this much. Something as simple as having lots of different color options for the character, their Persona, and glasses is amusing me.

#8010 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

Maybe on Earth. Maybe in the Future.

• Citizen
  • 14431 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

KI being free on XBL for this month means that I can both try out some of the characters I haven't bought yet AND body new players at the same time. Fun times!

Also Sadira's "retro" costume is super stupid and it's great.

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#8011 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18685 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

"Anyone care to explain to me how one man managed to steal our super rocket and minigun equipped helicopter, proceed to blow up our base and two others before being taken down and still escape unharmed!?"

"You don't understand, sir, he had a parachute with rockets on it!"

"You don't mean...?"

"Yes, sir, it was the Flying Grapple Man!"

nzo8WYb.png

#8012 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

I need that rocket parachute...hope it's not too pricey.

Also, I'm so glad that the huge mountains can be climbed and jumped down from, such beautiful views!
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#8013 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35918 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

Elfriede beat the stuffing out of Mattias for calling her a kid. That was funny.

#8014 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32597 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

Oh hug you hug you hug you!!! XCX

I wasted 3 hours just now!!!! argh!!!!!!!!

So I took what I thought was an easy mission from NLA about a downed chopper an an area I visited recently no problum.

I get there and its surrounded by 5 lvl 16 dancing turkeys still no issues Im lvl 24

So I rescue the crew only for them to want me to find new parts for the chopper ok still no issue I has the two radiators they wanted

But the other Item I didnt have so I start searching around the glowy woods(Nefeliem) near where the chopper went down thinking thats where it would be because when it comes to the fetching glowing blue items you ZERO indcation where it might be almost all the other mission stuff gives you an idea of where to look...but not the smallest blue crystals ever..nope no help...

So 3 hours and I comb the area..I finally give up and look on youtube.....

Only to find out its all the F-ing way on the other side of the conentent!!! no where near the chopper!!!

*flips the WiiU pad*

Edited by tec, 05 January 2016 - 11:59 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#8015 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

I managed to beat the Shadows of Yharnam bossfight...somehow. It was a really thrilling fight!

Now I've unlocked Bergenwyrth. I know this is where Rom is, but apparently I should do some other stuff before engaging him.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#8016 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18685 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

I need that rocket parachute...hope it's not too pricey.

Also, I'm so glad that the huge mountains can be climbed and jumped down from, such beautiful views!

I think it's $50,000? With the game's economy, that's not too bad.  Doing missions and such nets you some decent cash.

There is a catch though.  As far as I can tell, unless there's an unlock later, the boosters you can buy for your parachute only stick with you for that gaming session.  Next time you load a save, you won't have them.  So you have to make them count.

The game is a bit wonky in places.  You can only buy one item from the black market at a time and there's no real way to just buy ammo.  You have to scavenge it from various places or just keep buying guns.  Although, there should be a number of bases that become friendly to you where you can pick up some weapons and explosives if you run out and the occasional conflicts between the different AI factions will leave random weapons dropped if you happen to witness them.

And, yeah, this game is really pretty, despite it's age and makes me even more excited for when I can eventually play the new one.

tdlWkF.jpg

• tec likes this

nzo8WYb.png

#8017 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:35 AM

Another video of me dying on an earlier attempt at these jokers.

#8018 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34865 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

Nice sword

#8019 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32597 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

I had the game Just Cause 2 and only in September of last year take over every town and area still not a 100% (79.4)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#8020 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

You know, JC2 does feature one thing I really hate: only being able to hold a small number of weapons. I HATE that unnecessary bit of "realism" in every game it appears in and it makes me sad that JC2 features it too.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users