Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

@  Telly : (13 February 2021 - 01:49 AM)

thats the main reason i got rid of my alternators. too much of a pain to transform

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:13 AM)

Didn't use a hammer, but feeling a little less sentimental.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:12 AM)

(The video I found to get some hints had alcohol and a hammer, and by the time I was done, I understood why.)

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:11 AM)

I posted something about feeling all sentimental when I transformed alternators Smokescreen a few days ago...and tonight I tried transforming Grimlock.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

they don't taste great.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

I'm eating my words...

@  Kaon : (12 February 2021 - 01:48 AM)

How is everyone tonight

@  Telly : (11 February 2021 - 06:31 PM)

even intergalactic despots need some down time

@  wonko the sane? : (11 February 2021 - 05:07 PM)

Then he went and hid in a hot tub for a few months...

@  Bass X0 : (11 February 2021 - 04:52 PM)

Galvatron: "You'll do my proxy bidding, or taste my wrath!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 February 2021 - 02:13 PM)

There's kind of a range there.

@  Rycochet : (11 February 2021 - 11:41 AM)

IDW Autobot evil.

@  tigerhawk : (11 February 2021 - 07:47 AM)

IDW Overlord evil or Sunbow Megatron evil.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 February 2021 - 07:34 AM)

Deceptively or Decepticonly?

@  Rycochet : (10 February 2021 - 05:58 PM)

I am deceptively evil.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

The Next console generation: Things are looking up

29010 replies to this topic

#27821 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29707 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:28 PM

Fallout 76 update: it gets even better!

You know those bright, new, special NPCs they just introduced?

https://www.ign.com/...g?sf121251111=1

They're looting players corpses. Permanently stealing their items XD

Gee Ironbite why aren't you playing what is essentially a multiplayer mod for Fallout 4?

Ironbite-THIS IS WHY!

xC9l3eY.gif

#27822 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

I've seriously not heard a single human being seriously suggest playing Fallout 76 since it was released. If someone really was trying to get you to play it at some point, they probably just hate you.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27823 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

No deeper madness than your own making

• Supporter
  • 49842 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:37 PM

In any other time period, I'd be convinced that it's too stupid to be real, it must be a giant internet hoax. But then I remember what we have for a President. Nothing seems too stupid to be real anymore.

#27824 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:16 PM

Probably the least unlikely Sonic crossover since Sega owns both series.

What's weird to me is this:

- Puyo Puyo is a spin-off of the Madou Monogatari series

- Sega owns Puyo Puyo

- They don't own Madou Monogatari

- They also own the rights to characters from Madou Monogatari, since most of the characters are in Puyo Puyo

- The company D4 Enterprise own the rights to Madou Monogatari, but none of the characters

So what this means is that D4 can make a Madou Monogatari game but it can't have anything to do with any of the previous games because they don't own any of the characters, they only own the IP itself.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27825 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:21 PM

Copyright law is a hot mess.

On a side note, I tried to watch a playthrough of Waku Waku 7, a 90s fighting game that predates the Pokemon mass seizure incident and it shows. I couldn't finish the video because of how badly everything was flashing.

#27826 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:23 PM

So I won a copy of Tropico 4 today and I'd been playing and it's fun and all but like

it's basically just Tropico 3 with slightly shinier graphics + improved AI

I mean I love Tropico 3 so I'm not really complaining but still.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27827 tec

tec

Return of the Maxx

• Supporter
  • 33550 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 03:02 PM

I wanted to kick a little ass today I had no idea I was going to own everybody

Attached File  EWeWotfXkAAL8qf.jpg   75.9KB   0 downloads

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27828 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:12 PM

The character with a Nazi-like aesthetic has a theme song called "Society"? A part of me thinks it's not a coincidence.

#27829 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:23 PM

you really looked at the character named hugging potemkin and thought his aesthetic was 'nazi'????

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27830 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:29 PM

you really looked at the character named hugging potemkin and thought his aesthetic was 'nazi'????

I honestly thought the Potemkin was a german battleship up to this point.

But the unintentional coincidence is still there, because chuds love Russia too.

#27831 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:03 AM

So I decided to buy a bond in OSRS to get myself two weeks worth of pay-to-play and here's something I don't get:

- there's a (mostly) Member's only feature called Treasure Trails. You have to get a clue scroll, which a drop from various monsters in the game, follow different clues on them to get another clue scroll until you eventually get a casket which contains a variety of items

- One of the clue types you can get are coordinate clues, which you can only get on medium, hard, elite, and master clue scrolls

- On hard clues and above, the coordinate clue might require you to go into the Wilderness, which is the sole area of the game for player killing outside of minigames and player-owned houses

- Sometimes players who are doing a hard or higher clue scroll and have to go into the Wilderness will get PKed and then they'll start bitching about griefed

And like, I don't get it? You're going into an area of the game specifically designed for player killing and you're saying you got griefed because someone PKed you???

Like, I actually had a hard Treasure Trail earlier today that did give me a coordinate clue in the Wilderness. Wanna know what I brought with me?

I brought a spade (which you need to dig at the coordinates), the clue scroll itself, and a dragon dagger super poison (because when you're on a hard clue scroll, you have to fight a level 65 enemy when you get a coordinate clue in the Wildy).

So I had three items on me.

Wanna know the number of items you keep by default in RuneScape if you die (to player or monster)?

Three.

I was risking absolutely zero wealth and yes, after I killed the enemy and got my next clue, I got PKed. I didn't make a fuss about 'why are you killing someone who's only here for a clue scroll!!' nor bitch about some mean PKer griefing me, I didn't do anything because, like I said, I wasn't risking anything, if I died all that'd happen is I'd respawn at my respawn location and it'd be off to do the next step in my clue scroll, and I was in an area specifically meant for player killing, I'm as much a fair target while I'm in there as someone wearing their best equipment.

Hell, I probably coulda thanked the dude who PKed me because it saved me a trip out of the Wilderness lol.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27832 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1443 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:16 AM

I think thats a universal constant in any multiplayer game. Some players will whine about other players playing as the game is intended.

I used to be super active in an online game called Star Pirates. You play a pirate. In space. You attack other players and NPCs, raid them for cargo, make your ship bigger, and get better weapons, engines, and shields so you can take on bigger targets. That is, essentially, the game, yet it was amazing how many players complained about other players playing the game exactly as designed. It was a weekly occurrence. I think some players just dont get it.

#27833 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 49842 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:30 AM

I also love watching people who jump into high-difficulty content and then complain it's too hard. It's called Savage mode, what did you expect?

Edited by TheMightyMollusk, 26 April 2020 - 11:31 AM.

#27834 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29707 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:16 PM

That Star Pirates game sounds neat.

xC9l3eY.gif

#27835 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1443 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

It can be addicting. Its still around, but the last time I logged in was almost 2 years ago. The community then was still pretty friendly.

It is free to play, but there are a lot of incentives to be a paid player. That said, there are ways to achieve paid status through an in-game market, so a free player can achieve most goals. It just takes longer.

#27836 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 03:01 PM

...what did you expect?

"To be a male anime protagonist who can do whatever he wants" is the real answer.

Edited by Logicron, 26 April 2020 - 03:05 PM.

#27837 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:52 PM

EWo_TBFWkAIWZ8k.png

nice try jean-luc

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27838 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 49842 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

So I just finished Ending E. Haven't decided yet if I'll go back to finish all 26 endings.

#27839 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:16 PM

so nintendo is shutting down the 'limited' eshops for 3ds and wii u that were used in most latin american and caribbean countries

basically all these did was allow you to redeem game codes, redownload games, and download updates

but like with them shutting down in a few months, nintendo has confirmed that you will NOT be able to redownload games if you delete them nor download updates

lmao the digital future amirite

(also bizarrely one of the places affected by this will be the us virgin islands, which i don't get, why wouldn't the virgin islands just use the united states eshop??? for that matter, so is french guiana and why wouldn't that just use the french eshop???)

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27840 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:19 PM

Geez that's messed up. The ability to redownload things is one of the conditions on which we've all accepted the dystopian reality of having platform maintainers curate our own collections of purchased software. Pick a lane or go back to CDs, assholes.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users