Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

@  Telly : (13 February 2021 - 01:49 AM)

thats the main reason i got rid of my alternators. too much of a pain to transform

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:13 AM)

Didn't use a hammer, but feeling a little less sentimental.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:12 AM)

(The video I found to get some hints had alcohol and a hammer, and by the time I was done, I understood why.)

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:11 AM)

I posted something about feeling all sentimental when I transformed alternators Smokescreen a few days ago...and tonight I tried transforming Grimlock.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

they don't taste great.

@  Stepwise : (13 February 2021 - 12:10 AM)

I'm eating my words...

@  Kaon : (12 February 2021 - 01:48 AM)

How is everyone tonight

@  Telly : (11 February 2021 - 06:31 PM)

even intergalactic despots need some down time

@  wonko the sane? : (11 February 2021 - 05:07 PM)

Then he went and hid in a hot tub for a few months...

@  Bass X0 : (11 February 2021 - 04:52 PM)

Galvatron: "You'll do my proxy bidding, or taste my wrath!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 February 2021 - 02:13 PM)

There's kind of a range there.

@  Rycochet : (11 February 2021 - 11:41 AM)

IDW Autobot evil.

@  tigerhawk : (11 February 2021 - 07:47 AM)

IDW Overlord evil or Sunbow Megatron evil.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 February 2021 - 07:34 AM)

Deceptively or Decepticonly?

@  Rycochet : (10 February 2021 - 05:58 PM)

I am deceptively evil.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

The Next console generation: Things are looking up

29010 replies to this topic

#27761 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:22 PM

You know how Tony Stark can control Ironman suits remotely?

It's kind of like that.

Only they're (mostly) techno-organic clones of dead soldiers and it's infinity years in the future and there's hyper advanced fantasy tech.

Okay, that explains why the designs are so wildly different.

#27762 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:28 PM

if sonic is the fastest thing alive, how does dr eggman outrun him?

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27763 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19027 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:53 PM

Easy, he's not technically alive, having replaced most of his body with robotic parts, otherwise he'd have died when each of his machines exploded with him in them.

nzo8WYb.png

#27764 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 05:05 PM

And he couldn't resist making himself egg-shaped like a lot of his creations, he used to be a total noodle.

#27765 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

Yeah. The Operator isn't physically inside the frame. There was a human who became the original of each individual warframe, but the frames are cybernetic doctorings of flesh infected with a controlled strain of a living metal mutant collective thing. So they're kind of like remote controlled Eva.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27766 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:01 PM

The designs do kind of give off a Beast Machines techno-organic robot mode vibe.

#27767 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 15125 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:02 PM

Yeah. The Operator isn't physically inside the frame. There was a human who became the original of each individual warframe, but the frames are cybernetic doctorings of flesh infected with a controlled strain of a living metal mutant collective thing. So they're kind of like remote controlled Eva.

complete with whiney teenager. 

#27768 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

No deeper madness than your own making

• Supporter
  • 49842 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

But with less Tang.

#27769 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 15125 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:33 PM

cephelon cy needs to get his priorities in order. why the hell would i look for the tail bracket before the engine? one of these things seems way more important then the other. And why the hell did the tail take 5 argon crystals? hug. 

#27770 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:02 PM

I had to do 15. I got refunded when the requirements were dropped, which was great, because I had so many uses for 10 argon crystals before they went bad in a day. (I did not.)

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27771 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 15125 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:40 PM

engine cowling is the last part right? RIGHT?! also Excalibur umbra is great and i love his edgy sentient smashing self.

#27772 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:56 PM

So, y'all hear about the Cooking Mama: Cookstar drama?

Game was announced last August, reported to use blockchain for DRM purposes.

Game ostensibly came out on 31 March for both Switch and PS4 (there's debate if the PS4 version even came out, but it was advertised) but only a few people found retail copies and the game was pulled from the Switch eshop shortly after release. Soon after there were rumors that the game used blockchain to mine cryptocurrency (considered to be not likely)

But NOW the original developers and IP owners of Cooking Mama are reporting that the game was completely unauthorized because they terminated their contract with the publisher due to their blatant breaking of their license agreement on 30 March (the biggest breaking being that they never licensed the publisher to release any Cooking Mama games for the PS4, with other things being the low quality of the game itself and the company not fixing any of the problems the actual IP owners pointed out, despite it being contractually required of them, they just released the game without changes).

It's hugging wild that a company seriously thinks they could just release a game without the license lmao.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27773 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:58 PM

engine cowling is the last part right? RIGHT?! also Excalibur umbra is great and i love his edgy sentient smashing self.

Yep, it's the last. Glad you're making your way along with the quests then too!

#27774 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15591 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:14 AM

So, y'all hear about the Cooking Mama: Cookstar drama?

Poked around Target, they're having a buy 2 get 1 on select games that ends today. There's a Cooking Mama Cookstar game for the Switch? Huh. We're not supposed to touch the displays, so let's look it up online.
Looks like this game isn't supposed to be out or something? I'm tempted to get it just to see what's wrong with it.
But, there wasn't anything else on the sale that looked interesting, and the few people who have gotten it say it's just a bad game. For shame, Mama. For shame.

#27775 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31364 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:56 AM

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27776 Logicron

Logicron

Electric Boogaloo!

• Citizen
  • 36782 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:01 AM

If that's from the new game, it would fit with how clueless the publisher is.

Edited by Logicron, 15 April 2020 - 08:02 AM.

#27777 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 15125 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:14 PM

railjacks assembled annnnd now what?  seriously  have no clue what im supposed to actually DO with this flying cow. 

Edited by Sharkshadow, 15 April 2020 - 10:15 PM.

#27778 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:00 AM

Weeeeeeell, there's really no way to play Railjack solo, so you're going to want to switch to public, then go to the console in the centerish of the bridge, which is not the hole in the back of the bridge or the control harness at the front of the bridge, to bring up a navigation menu and pick a mission in Earth Proxima, preferably one of the lowest level ones. And then you play the same damn mission over and over again, a space Exterminate with a warframe Sabotage segment inside an enemy asteroid base or ship, getting resources and fixable parts and space mods and space endo to upgrade your railjack and make it not die quite so often. In the process you'll also gain Intrinsic Skill points based on your affinity (XP) gained, which can be spent to progress along one of four skill progressions. I'd go for Engineering 1, Gunnery 2, Tactical 4 as a first set of goals, because those are some of the most necessary skills on offer for a total of 18 points, but since you're hosting with your own railjack, you'll probably end up flying it and might want the first couple of ranks of Piloting even before those. 

Of course, you can also join random public missions from your orbiter just by setting to public and clicking the railjack in the upper right corner, such that someone else will be bringing their ship instead. You'll have the same opportunity to progress in all of the same ways, but you won't have to use your own potato ship, you won't have to fly the ship, and you won't actually need anything except the Intrinsics points since all of the resources in railjack are for upgrading your own railjack. 

Within the mission, you'll mostly be either flying the ship, attempting to kill enemy fighters either from one of the gunnery stations (don't bother until you have Rank 2 Gunnery) or from archwing (which is honestly the better bet if you have a decently built up archgun unless the railjack has very, very good weapons, but building archguns for railjack is weird too so look into that), killing crew ships by boarding them generally using archwing and destroying their reactors, fighting off boarding parties on the railjack and putting out fires, patching leaks, etc. with the Omni tool in your gear wheel, or doing some basic Sabotage mission stuff within an enemy installation. If you're host, you'll probably be flying the ship from objective to objective and trying not to die while shooting some things, and since you start out with a slow ship and terrible weapons, it'll feel even worse than it does once you have the best possible ship and weapons, which is still godawful. 

If you'd rather play solo, you'll have to wait until DE releases the Command intrinsics progression, at an unspecified future date. 

#27779 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52530 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:00 AM

Weeeeeeell, there's really no way to play Railjack solo, so you're going to want to switch to public, then go to the console in the centerish of the bridge, which is not the hole in the back of the bridge or the control harness at the front of the bridge, to bring up a navigation menu and pick a mission in Earth Proxima, preferably one of the lowest level ones. And then you play the same damn mission over and over again, a space Exterminate with a warframe Sabotage segment inside an enemy asteroid base or ship, getting resources and fixable parts and space mods and space endo to upgrade your railjack and make it not die quite so often. In the process you'll also gain Intrinsic Skill points based on your affinity (XP) gained, which can be spent to progress along one of four skill progressions. I'd go for Engineering 1, Gunnery 2, Tactical 4 as a first set of goals, because those are some of the most necessary skills on offer for a total of 18 points, but since you're hosting with your own railjack, you'll probably end up flying it and might want the first couple of ranks of Piloting even before those. 

Of course, you can also join random public missions from your orbiter just by setting to public and clicking the railjack in the upper right corner, such that someone else will be bringing their ship instead. You'll have the same opportunity to progress in all of the same ways, but you won't have to use your own potato ship, you won't have to fly the ship, and you won't actually need anything except the Intrinsics points since all of the resources in railjack are for upgrading your own railjack. 

Within the mission, you'll mostly be either flying the ship, attempting to kill enemy fighters either from one of the gunnery stations (don't bother until you have Rank 2 Gunnery) or from archwing (which is honestly the better bet if you have a decently built up archgun unless the railjack has very, very good weapons, but building archguns for railjack is weird too so look into that), killing crew ships by boarding them generally using archwing and destroying their reactors, fighting off boarding parties on the railjack and putting out fires, patching leaks, etc. with the Omni tool in your gear wheel, or doing some basic Sabotage mission stuff within an enemy installation. If you're host, you'll probably be flying the ship from objective to objective and trying not to die while shooting some things, and since you start out with a slow ship and terrible weapons, it'll feel even worse than it does once you have the best possible ship and weapons, which is still godawful. 

If you'd rather play solo, you'll have to wait until DE releases the Command intrinsics progression, at an unspecified future date. 

#27780 unluckiness

unluckiness

Something of a scientician

• Citizen
  • 20924 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:13 PM

FaG1nTX.png

Professor Cougar is voiced by Ash Ketchum. No wonder she can't catch a decent man lol

Edited by unluckiness, 16 April 2020 - 11:23 PM.

XgxCpmP.png

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users