Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Barricade hanging around

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Brunt barely appeared here at all, wave 3 was pretty much skipped for a big load of wave 4, with Impactor and

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Brunt is shelfwarming around me. One walmart moved the whole lot of them off to a side shelf, but couldn't be added to liquidate them.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2020 - 09:01 PM)

Ironworks is a plague. No idea if it was overproduced or if nobody wants it but thing's clogging shelves.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 04:23 PM)

My walmart the few times I go in will be lucky to have two or three transformers period.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM)

I mostly just see walls of Ironworks. And the occassional Siege Hound.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM)

condolences.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM)

My local Symths is still chock full of Earthrise wave 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM)

Yup, generally so much they don't bother with any other waves as the existing stock doesn't sell out.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:56 AM)

All the damn time.

If there's anything there's going to be plenty of stock, it's wave 1.

I'm really not worried about wave 1 of a new line EVER.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

At least you got listings for kingdom. walmart canada won't list them until they're actually in stock and that could very well never happen. I'm gonna get mine from BBTS cause I'm not missing out on the maximals.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

And I don't buy the "they all sold out" explanation. The Kingdom figures are still listed.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

I don't see any of Friday's reveals at Walmart.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There's a difference between "sold out" and "no trace of a listing".

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There is still a listing for the scalped and sold out Walmart exclusive limited edition version of Gigawatt.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:22 AM)

But there should still be a listing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 06:30 AM)

Probably got scalped and sold out in seconds.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

And I don't see links anywhere either.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

So did Walmart somehow fail put up the Headmasters preorders as promised by Hasbro, or have the listings been taken down again? I cannot find them.

@  Kalidor : (18 October 2020 - 03:02 AM)

My Depth Charge is signed by David Sobolov on the wing.

@  Echowarrior : (16 October 2020 - 09:51 PM)

So do I, and I am one.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 October 2020 - 07:33 PM)

I need an adult.

@  -LittleAutob... : (16 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Watching people talk here is satisfying-

@  wonko the sane? : (16 October 2020 - 05:57 AM)

Nope, just awesome 80's metal hair.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 October 2020 - 12:17 PM)

Feathered Depthcharge? Does he turn into a fish with feathers?

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 11:57 AM)

i've seen fan vids of feathered Dinobot and Depthcharge (which got a top comment by someone who claims to be his voice actor) which show how CG progressed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2020 - 08:01 AM)

A great story, and characters which more than make up for the now dated looking (but still clean and fluid.) CGI.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 03:31 AM)

Thanks to Kingdom I've been rewatching Beast Wars. Still tops.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 October 2020 - 03:19 AM)

If they manage to tie GI Joe into Transformers like I hear they're trying to do, and it manages to put Joe product on the shelves again? I will totally forgive even the worst movie ever.

@  Telly : (15 October 2020 - 12:58 AM)

they LOOK cool, but i dont like the size. i grew up in the late 70s and early 80s where action figure size was 3 3/4, so thats what i prefer

@  fourteenwings : (15 October 2020 - 12:32 AM)

I think the new G.I. Joe Classified figures are pretty cool.

@  Telly : (14 October 2020 - 07:11 PM)

speaking of gi joe, just bought my first gi joe figure since...2011? whenever the 30th anniversary/pursuit of cobra was. got the so-called "retro" storm shadow. only got him cause i missed the ultimate version way back when

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2020 - 02:13 PM)

He has to say something eventually...

@  Bass X0 : (14 October 2020 - 02:11 PM)

New G.I. Joe anything has been a disappointment. The biggest of which is what I hear they will do with SnakeEyes.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The disappointment of the new GI Joe game has been offset by the arrival of PRINNYS!

@  Nevermore : (14 October 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Sure, but as a unionized worker myself, it's a hot button topic for me.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2020 - 10:44 AM)

In fairness, there are FAR more pressing issues than whether a multinational company decides to use cheaper non-union VA for their cartoons

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 October 2020 - 07:24 AM)

That isn't contradictory because "most ethical companies" is just a comparison to other companies. It's like being the fastest snail.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 October 2020 - 03:50 AM)

Was Hasbro in charge of the voice casting?

@  Nevermore : (14 October 2020 - 12:27 AM)

Doesn't sound very ethical to me.

@  Nevermore : (14 October 2020 - 12:26 AM)

Wasn't Hasbro once awarded as one of the "most ethical companies"?

@  Sabrblade : (13 October 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Jason Marsden wasn't too thrilled about it either, in the case of Rescue Bots Academy

@  Paladin : (13 October 2020 - 07:09 AM)

the Netflix show is done with non-union VAs. Cullen & Welker both objected to this before Siege came out. everyone's forgotten already...

@  Sabrblade : (13 October 2020 - 01:12 AM)

More likely they'll all just be recast with local VAs like how Primal was voiced by Ron Perlman in POTP.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 October 2020 - 12:09 AM)

Gary Chalk, Ian James Corlett, VenusTerzo and Blu Mankuma would be welcome. Chances are, the Beast Wars characters will be unused or a speechless legion referencing their use in IDW1.

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 October 2020 - 05:01 PM)

I'd rather get David Kaye back for Megatron.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

The Next console generation: Fall Guys Impact is Among Us

28602 replies to this topic

#27841 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Turn your back on fate and write your own story

• Supporter
  • 48366 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:23 PM

One of the main reasons I prefer to buy physical is that servers don't stay online forever. Especially Nintendo, who consistently show that they have no idea what they're doing with online services.

#27842 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 30476 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:48 PM

Even with physical there's (sadly) no guarantee your games will still work.

Remember Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5?

Yeah that game was shit, but wanna buy it to see how bad it was cause a used copy was a fiver at GameStop?

Well, too bad, you needed to download an 8 GB patch to play because the disc only contains the tutorial and level creator, but the game servers shut down a few years ago, the disc is a coaster now.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27843 tec

tec

I got a railgun.. gimme the candy!

• Supporter
  • 32911 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:04 PM

So I started playing the SNES best looking game that just gets better with age, Yoshi's Island god this game is still gorgeous

I love the art and that there is little or no hud when playing that gets in the way of how good the game looks

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

https://www.twitch.tv/tecnic5x5

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27844 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20561 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:39 AM

When you're forced by boredom to watch shitty old isekai anime

jdMfnEG.png

same energy

XgxCpmP.png

#27845 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14747 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:10 PM

#27846 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25009 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:04 PM

Honestly with all the viking stuff in video games recently i'm half-expecting Elder Scrolls 6 to just be "Skyrim 2"

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#27847 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35774 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

I'm old enough to remember that caveman games were a genre back in the 2D era.

#27848 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25009 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:23 PM

Bonk is the only one of those that comes to mind for me

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#27849 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14747 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:43 PM

i remember bonk, dino ricky and joe and mac.  dino ricky was not a stellar game. 

Honestly with all the viking stuff in video games recently i'm half-expecting Elder Scrolls 6 to just be "Skyrim 2"

you say this like itd be a bad thing. 

#27850 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Inside of every demon is a rainbow!

• Supporter
  • 51976 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:46 PM

Sure would be nice to get a Morrowind II

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27851 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25009 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:52 PM

i'm just hoping elder scrolls 6 is about putting down the thalmor once and for all. hug those elf nazi bastards.

#27852 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32911 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:25 PM

Woot my game went cheep and I snagged me a copy

Attached File  669536_front.jpg   43.49KB   0 downloads

There has been 2 of the 6 games that have been available for the US market

The first being the 3rd game in the series Under the title Metal Saga

Attached File  66304_front.jpg   610.51KB   0 downloadsAttached File  66304_back.jpg   169.95KB   0 downloads

I cant wait to dig into a new RPG

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27853 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18863 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

Picked up the Metal Gear Solid V definitive bundle (Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes and all DLC) for $8 on Steam.  Been curious about the game for a while now and $8 is too low to pass up.

It runs beautifully on my PC, holding an FPS around the mid 50's at high settings.  Visually amazing! Whatever they did with that custom engine just renders lighting like a champ. Gameplay feels good, too.  I'm doing a shit job, but that's pretty much entirely down to me being shit at stealth games and not really knowing the controls very well. 

Story so far is... well, it's a Kojima game, so either turn your brain off and enjoy the wacky plot buffoonery or be prepared to sift through obtuse metaphor and eccentric characterization to figure out what even the hell he's trying to say.  I got my sifting pan all ready!

Really impressed with the level of detail lavished on their environments.  You can see why Konami was peeved at how much Kojima's team spent on this, but you can also see that it definitely was money well spent, at least from a game design perspective. Everything works reliably and there are so many options for completing mission objectives.

--

In Warframe news, I completed my Railjack (the S.S. Bunting) and took it for a test flight... let's just say I'm very glad the Railjack rework has been well received, because I can see why there were a lot of complaints about it.  At least with the default loadout, it's super slow frustrating to fly.  Don't hate it, though and definitely got a thrill the first time the ship pulled out of dock. Wanted to dub some familiar music over it.  On the bright side, at least it's done and ready for the rework when it hits console!

nzo8WYb.png

#27854 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25009 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

honestly any time someone brings up metal gear solid or even just kojima i think

#27855 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Turn your back on fate and write your own story

• Supporter
  • 48366 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:54 PM

One ending left.

Now I have to find the rest of the weapons and upgrade them all.

Fun.

#27856 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51976 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:21 PM

In Warframe news, I completed my Railjack (the S.S. Bunting) and took it for a test flight... let's just say I'm very glad the Railjack rework has been well received, because I can see why there were a lot of complaints about it.  At least with the default loadout, it's super slow frustrating to fly.  Don't hate it, though and definitely got a thrill the first time the ship pulled out of dock. Wanted to dub some familiar music over it.  On the bright side, at least it's done and ready for the rework when it hits console!

I named mine the Maprico. (It's all friendly orange with green trim. X ] ) I've been ... kinda completely turned off Railjack from my experience with it, after playing tons of hours to complete the map and get the Quellor, Shedu blueprint, and quest point (the latter two of which you could get from the introduction to the Scarlet Spear event later without ever going to space.) But the improvements seem sound. I hope not-me people enjoy them. X ]

Edited by Copper Bezel, 03 May 2020 - 04:21 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27857 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18863 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

honestly any time someone brings up metal gear solid or even just kojima i think

Sadly this is the one where David Hayter wasn't involved.

A lot of people were upset by that, I seem to remember, but I think most people associate Hayter with Solid Snake rather than Big Boss anyway even though the former is a clone of the latter and he portrayed both with the same voice. Honestly, I can't imagine Hayter's Snake coming out of this guy anyway.

I named mine the Maprico. (It's all friendly orange with green trim. X ] ) I've been ... kinda completely turned off Railjack from my experience with it, after playing tons of hours to complete the map and get the Quellor, Shedu blueprint, and quest point (the latter two of which you could get from the introduction to the Scarlet Spear event later without ever going to space.) But the improvements seem sound. I hope not-me people enjoy them. X ]

Yeah, from what I've heard I wouldn't blame you.  Apparently this is just part one of the rework and there's more down the line.  Hopefully it'll solve more of the issues, but hell, even if Railjack isn't a massive part of the game, it doesn't detract from the existing gameplay... and apparently they're doing some rework on Archwings along with it, so that's good, if nothing else. Archwings need some love badly.

nzo8WYb.png

#27858 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51976 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:38 PM

They really do. They've been a neglected corner of content for years now, and then they got a flight rework in prep for Railjack that made them a little more compatible with their new home mission map, but still didn't really give them a place in the new mode. I mean, I'd rather have my Amesha than a railjack, but that says more about the railjack than it does about Amesha, and none of the other archwings have any relevant abilities or an even passable level of survivability. 

I don't have a lot of hope for the modularization, but it'll at least be space fashionframe so that not everyone is using exactly the same archwing.

If the abilities of the other three archwings aren't completely reworked from the ground they'll still be DoA though. Elytron amazes me, having three of its four abilities being "shoot a missile" and all of those missiles just dealing direct damage that enemies have scaled beyond past level 15.

#27859 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32911 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:21 PM

Woot got me Super Princess Peach DS ....(sigh) Again I first got the game when it came out BUT is was stolen from me before I even had a chance to play it along with two other high end DS titles Korg and Banga-O

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#27860 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 30476 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:15 AM

when you finally meet your e-girlfriend irl and she looks nothing like the photos

EXJYAtIXkAEQiRJ.png

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)