Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

The Next console generation: Fall Guys Impact is Among Us

28529 replies to this topic

#27101 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:10 AM

All traces of sub-saharan african civilisations were wiped out by Europe to perpetrate the stereotype that africans are near-mindless animal men and justify genociding them.

#27102 Princess Viola

Princess Viola

Lara not Laura

• Supporter
  • 30366 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:12 AM

literally not true at all but ok lmao

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27103 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51877 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:18 AM

I'm not sure how you mean "genocide" exactly, but I'm just going to state in case it's not clear that Africa is not the Americas and the native people were not in fact largely replaced, and Africa is largely governed by postcolonial states run by descendants of native people rather than their colonizers.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27104 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:28 AM

I just want to state that european colonists don't rule Africa anymore because after two World Wars, most european powers were too wrecked to hold on to their colonies.

#27105 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20463 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:40 AM

XgxCpmP.png

#27106 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51877 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

No, Logicron, your original premise is exactly backwards. Do you just not care about facts at all?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27107 Princess Viola

Princess Viola

Lara not Laura

• Supporter
  • 30366 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:56 AM

Literally most countries in Africa during the decolonization period didn't get their independence until the 1960s through the 1970s.

That's quite a bit after both World Wars.

Like outside of the weird case of Zimbabwe (which got its independence in 1980 but it had previously been an unrecognized independent state from 1965 until 1979) and the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (a mostly unrecognized state), the last African country to gain independence was Djibouti, which got its independence from France in 1977.

That's over 20 years after the end of WW2.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27108 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:57 AM

America and Europe have such a bad history with Africa that I assumed it must be their fault that the african civilizations are largely overlooked.

#27109 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51877 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

But you do understand that that isn't what you said, right?

#27110 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20463 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:10 AM

assumed

I

There's your problem.

You know why African civilizations are underrepresented in a video game? Because it's made by code monkeys who probably scraped by basic world history and only care that each faction looks and plays cool and distinct from the others. They probably chose the first dozen or so hits on Google if they even got that far because they're goddamn game devs on a schedule, not anthropologists or historians. 

Edited by unluckiness, 21 November 2019 - 10:17 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#27111 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

But you do understand that that isn't what you said, right?

Europeans treated africans as subhuman monsters, therefore they must have wiped out all traces of the african civilizations so Europe could continue to perpetrate that stereotype and commit genocide against them.

Wait, are you getting hung up on the word genocide?

Edited by Logicron, 21 November 2019 - 10:33 AM.

#27112 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20463 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

"Therefore."

I don't think you know what any of the components of the word salad you're spewing even mean.

XgxCpmP.png

#27113 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51877 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

Yeah. Logicron, there's not much point in us engaging with you on this if you're not going to put in a little effort. Compare the statements. Think about what's actually claimed in each.

#27114 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:07 PM

Yeah. Logicron, there's not much point in us engaging with you on this if you're not going to put in a little effort. Compare the statements. Think about what's actually claimed in each.

I keep changing my claims because Viola keeps pointing out that my claims are incorrect.

Here is what I honestly believe: Western society's ignorance about the african civilizations is due to culturally ingrained racism, but I was wrong about where the racism stems from.

Edited by Logicron, 21 November 2019 - 12:55 PM.

#27115 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14702 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

Your not wrong, that is a part of it, but theres also the fact that most western history courses ignore 90% of the world in favor of European history so most people outside of a university setting aren't exposed to africa, and asian cultural history.

#27116 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51877 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:07 PM

Logicron, what I'm saying is that there's an immense gap between "Western society ignores African history, including both before and after Western colonialism turned the continent on its head" and "Western society erased all evidence of African history from existence", and there's no point at which you acknowledged that or even indicated that you weren't still defending the latter statement.

But this is also not new. You're constantly making these just immense statements in absolute terms about topics you aren't at all familiar with, and not even giving any sign that you've read the corrections and clarifications that people present. Those posts universally involve more time and effort than your original statement, and your usual response is to retreat into a different, similarly immense claim as a defensive maneuver to avoid being corrected. It's intensely frustrating.

#27117 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:46 PM

But this is also not new. You're constantly making these just immense statements in absolute terms about topics you aren't at all familiar with, and not even giving any sign that you've read the corrections and clarifications that people present. Those posts universally involve more time and effort than your original statement, and your usual response is to retreat into a different, similarly immense claim as a defensive maneuver to avoid being corrected. It's intensely frustrating.

I'm sorry. I do read the corrections and understand that my comments are wrong but a part of me thinks if I just keep changing my statements, I'll eventually say something you guys agree with or something funny you'll laugh at, and then I'll feel validated instead of worthless.

#27118 Logicron

Logicron
  • Citizen
  • 35654 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:12 PM

Guys? I won't know how you feel unless you respond to my comment. Even if you just want to tell me off for treating the forum like a dating sim, I'll accept that because it will at least let me know where we stand.

#27119 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14702 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:15 PM

dunno what to say other then, its ok to be wrong if your presented with new information. just say you didn't know that and move on.  

#27120 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20463 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Got to play a bit more Pokemon Shield. Added Pancham and Toxel to the team and boxed Rookidee because its learnset thus far was atrocious. Considering Chewtle but Rock/Water is gonna conflict with other mons I want to field. Named them Lingling and Joseph respectively.

This is so far okay but nothing mind-blowing. Wild area is kinda dumb when you can't catch the strong mons and they oneshot you. Would have preferred more expansive routes or explorable caves/dungeons to be honest. 

Edited by unluckiness, 22 November 2019 - 01:08 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users