Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

The Next console generation: Console Wars Redux

28278 replies to this topic

#27901 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14501 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

just how annoying is the boss fight to get Wisp? i tried to do the missions for grendel with a friend and yea thats never happening. Also the new Ghosts of Tsushima trailer made me wanna get this game. 

Edited by Sharkshadow, 14 May 2020 - 10:58 PM.

#27902 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29905 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:57 PM

GTA V just barely manages to run on my laptop's integrated graphics.

Feel like if I go into the config files and mess with them, could probably get it to run better since I did nothing to the default graphics settings (defaulted to full-screen 720p for me)

Anyway's damn game is nearly 100 hugging gigabytes.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27903 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51639 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:07 PM

just how annoying is the boss fight to get Wisp? i tried to do the missions for grendel with a friend and yea thats never happening. Also the new Ghosts of Tsushima trailer made me wanna get this game. 

I'm weighing that question a bit, I'm honestly not sure. The Ropalolyst has a lot of ways of killing you, a lot of ways of punishing you for using your abilities, and a bossfight room that will shut you down if you try to do anything that isn't the prescribed steps on the instruction sheet. You need to know the sequence and which buttons not to hit before going in, and you will be periodically cheesed regardless. If you're in a full public squad, it's probably not going to be difficult to get through per se, but it's still ... probably the most annoying boss in the game IMO, in terms of just, like, prevalence of gameplay elements that are themselves annoying. It's mostly in things like the Ropalolyst's ability to instantly shut down all of your abilities for a while if you try to use operator mode to recharge or heal or whatever, and the map denying most or all frames' and the operator's flight abilities to make you walk on the wires, etc. If you step out of the prescribed cycle, you're punished. Singlularly unpleasant boss design.

It doesn't heal, though. There's that much. You don't find yourself ten minutes in and back where you started. I can give it that much credit, that that is a frustrating mechanic that it does not employ. And like other boss farms, you're guaranteed part drop each time, so you're really only going to be running it between three and seven or eight times to get the full set, and you're not completely at the mercy of RNGsus like you are for Gauss or Khora. 

So like ... it's short I guess? Comparable to farming Saryn at Kela?

Edited by Copper Bezel, 14 May 2020 - 11:08 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27904 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14501 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:08 PM

Let me be more specific. How bad's the platforming cause i am terrible at that crap in the new Jupiter maps. 

#27905 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51639 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:29 PM

Once you get to the boss room, the only real platforming challenge is just jumping out onto those wires and getting across to the generator dealios. I guess there's the brief bit of platforming after the boss to get to the extraction point, but there's naturally no pressure at that point. Aside from getting out to the generators, you're mostly staying on the central platform except when you're flying the Ropalolyst. 

In terms of platforming on the way to the boss fight, I think it's pretty much just the usual amount for any of the new Jupiter maps, and although it's been a long time since I've used the operator void dash without the Zenurik and Naramon passives unlocked, I imagine it should help you cheese through at least some of it.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27906 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14813 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:01 AM

DesTron posted this on Discord. FF7R choose your husbando.

https://twitter.com/...3445514245?s=19

#27907 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51639 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Very small Warframe thing, but something I somehow never noticed that just made Nova a bit more badass: I just noticed in today's sortie that it's possible to pump Antimatter Drop (which absorbs damage and deals it back at the end as an AoE blast) with melee attacks, which consists of dropping it in between swings while walking into a crowd and losing basically none of the damage dealing in the interim and getting the explosion for "free". So that is ... significantly better than taking time shooting at it, and looks to all the world like I'm just periodically exploding. I thought the biggest limitation on the ability was how slowly the sphere moved, but for melee application that's what makes it work. = ]

Edited by Copper Bezel, 15 May 2020 - 04:18 PM.

#27908 Logicron

Logicron

L IS REAL

• Citizen
  • 35164 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

If it was anyone other than Bethesda who did this, it wouldn't feel like they deliberately sabotaged the game because everyone was praising it.

#27909 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

Meh PC modders will just patch it right out of exstance anyway Denuvo crap has never really worked like ever

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27910 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29905 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

I'm not saying that people can't remove it, but considering that it needs to be installed to play online, IDK surely it would detect that the software isn't there and refuse to go online.

(Granted, no one plays Doom Eternal online lmao)

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27911 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:05 PM

Wal-Mart clearanced Bloodstained for Switch and PS4 to 19 bucks....yonk (I got the Switch version)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27912 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29905 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:40 PM

Did they fix the myriad of issues in the Switch version yet?

If they did - cool.

If they didn't, my condolences, should've gotten the PS4 version.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27913 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14501 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:14 PM

i have the switch version and it runs fine.  

• tec likes this

#27914 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29905 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

When did you get it though?

The Switch version ran really terribly when it came out.

I mean it's likely been patched but I remember all the complaints from players and reviewers.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#27915 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 14501 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

last month. so maybe the copies on the shelf are the fixed versions? i didn't have to download any system updates before i played it. 

#27916 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:24 AM

Attached File  366381cc525e697dd832d2c293eaec5f.jpg   151.58KB   0 downloads

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#27917 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18711 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:45 AM

Bigass swords in Warframe are so much more fun than I was expecting. Got Gram Prime and have had a blast smashing everything XD

Of course, I've modded it around speed over raw damage.

Burston Prime is cooking and we'll see how it goes. Not super fond of burst fire rifles, but the Dex Sybaris kind of turned. E around a little bit on it, in that I can actually hit and kill things with it.

Helps of course that Warframe on switch runs so much better than it used to. Also turning off aim assist really helps.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 21 May 2020 - 11:45 AM.

nzo8WYb.png

#27918 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51639 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, I remember not expecting much from heavy blades either, and then really enjoying the Parcesis with the Tempo Royale stance. I should get a Gram Prime sometime, as the Paracesis is just a worse version with spoilers.

#27919 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47647 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

XpcMa0a.jpeg

https://globalnews.c...-horizons-fish/

#27920 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51639 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

Okay to be fair I've seen the travel tanks in Animal Crossing and those things are goddamn inhumane. 

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users