Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

OMGeverythingisfire - Round Zero Has Begun

Ask Thread Anime Movies Toku

12081 replies to this topic

#21 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

Wasn't White Ash the band that did the opening for Gatchaman Crowds?

Also, I'm not really into the hardcore punk tree and what goes along with it, my sister listens to absolute jive bands like Attila and it's just the worst thing ever.

QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#22 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

Maybe on Earth. Maybe in the Future.

• Citizen
  • 14394 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

Wasn't White Ash the band that did the opening for Gatchaman Crowds?

Also, I'm not really into the hardcore punk tree and what goes along with it, my sister listens to absolute jive bands like Attila and it's just the worst thing ever.

Yeah, they did the OP for Crowds, which I;m gonna repost because it's pretty great:

Honestly, I get why your adverse to the Hardcore Punk thing, but I feel like I should advise you to at least try and step out of your boundaries in regards to music. I've found that listening to the same genre ends up being boring after awhile. Trying out new music is a refreshing thing once you've found out what clicks with you. Try out some of the bands I've listed and see if you like their style really. Also I wasn't aware that post-hardcore is exclusive to hardcore punk?

On another note, I've now completely used up all my Christmas money. Yaaaaaay

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#23 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

Musical sub-genres are all a huge mess.

Post-hardcore is a subgenre of hardcore punk, but then there are loads of bands that are considered post-hardcore. Looking at the Wikipedia article, I recognize zero of these bands.

At least my friend managed to convince me that metalcore isn't an inherently bad sub-genre with Trivium, even if Trivium is more of a fusion of metalcore, regular old heavy metal, and thrash metal than pure metalcore.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#24 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22064 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

Do you ever wonder whether EES is actually a strawman persona crafted by Hecate? (I have no idea what kind of strawman)

#25 Serizawa

Serizawa
  • Citizen
  • 6363 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

When am I going to take down the Christmas tree?

#26 2016 II

2016 II

Gone.

• Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Let's make this a more interesting question: how should she take down the Christmas tree? XP

Tired of this forum shitting on me.

#27 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49250 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

What's your favorite color scheme?

When did you graduate high school?

Why?

Invisibility or super-speed?

What are your feelings on mosh pits?

LAN parties?

Political parties?

Social media?

Do you tweet? 

Do you own a bird? If no, have you ever considered it?

In what year was your favorite novel released?

Why was it detained in the first place?

Have you ever been to Florida? Would you like to?

Do you have family in Florida?

Are you an artificial life form created in a laboratory?

Who is best girl?

Who is best pony?

What's your favorite location on Earth? In the solar system?

If you could talk to any one person from history for a one-hour chat over coffee (and they would forget everything about the conversation before being returned to their own time,) who would it be and would you ask them any of these questions?

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#28 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

• Citizen
  • 14394 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:34 AM

Musical sub-genres are all a huge mess.

Post-hardcore is a subgenre of hardcore punk, but then there are loads of bands that are considered post-hardcore. Looking at the Wikipedia article, I recognize zero of these bands.

At least my friend managed to convince me that metalcore isn't an inherently bad sub-genre with Trivium, even if Trivium is more of a fusion of metalcore, regular old heavy metal, and thrash metal than pure metalcore.

*Non-stop infinite puking*

Oh, I'm sorry, what was that? Oh yeah, musical sub-genres being messed up. Honestly yeah, it's a complete mess and I have yet to trace the origins of why it got so messed up, but I would have to assume it was due to the heavy period of experimentation that began somewhere in like the 80's/90's.

Do you ever wonder whether EES is actually a strawman persona crafted by Hecate? (I have no idea what kind of strawman)

Every night, when I'm staring at the celing trying to sleep. But then I realize Hecate's too lazy to bother putting that much effort into a ruse!

When am I going to take down the Christmas tree?

When you get sick of looking at and need the space.

Let's make this a more interesting question: how should she take down the Christmas tree? XP

She should construct a giant sling shot, and launch it into the nearest skyscraper! Make it a game as well, see what's the highest floor you can get it to.

*Copper's Big ass post*

Alright, this is gonna take a bit!

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#29 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

Could it be possible that my personality is a fabrication created by Hecate and I don't even know it?

That seems more like something Hideo Kojima would come up with...

---Dave

#30 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Retired Staff
  • 22305 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

EES used to be sock puppet but Hecate got tired of maintaining it so she gave him sentience using a fragment of her horrible taste. =P

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#31 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49250 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

Hecate's remaining taste was slightly better for it, and here we are.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 07 January 2015 - 12:45 AM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#32 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

• Citizen
  • 14394 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:10 AM

So apparently I'm going to have to split this into two post thanks to how the boards work. Thanks Allspark.

What's your favorite color scheme?

Grey and Teal. To the point where I have multiple shirts and over shirts just to facilitate it in my fashion.

When did you graduate high school?

2010. Quite a boring graduation all things considered.

Why?

Because I could.

Invisibility or super-speed?

Invisibility would be nice for certain situations, but overall Super-Speed is of much more use to me. It would allow me get to all the places I want to go super easily, and allow me to get work done faster.

What are your feelings on mosh pits?

They're alright, I guess? Better than Raves at least!

LAN parties?

Pretty awesome. Nothing like getting a bunch of friends together to play a bunch of games and just have fun trash talking each other. It's good social experience. Unless your playing Mario Party, which in that case you're about to lose friends

Plus pizza's usually involved, and who can say no to pizza!

Political parties?

I'd rather not bring politics into this thread, sorry. I have a huge distaste for the entire thing.

Edited by Omgiamonfire, 07 January 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#33 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

• Citizen
  • 14394 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:14 AM

Part two!

Social media?  Do you tweet?

Extremely useful to keep up with friends and groups, along with occasionally meeting new ones. However it is faulted by the fact it's become another cog in the machine for corporations to advertise their jive to you, along with people being REALLY REALLY dumb on them and not realizing it's public for everyone to see.

As for tweeting: *shameless plug*

Do you own a bird? If no, have you ever considered it?

We had a bird when I was super young, but my dumb younger brother decided to open the cage and it got released into the wild. At present, I've got no real desire to have a bird. They seem a bit too high maintenance for my tastes.

In what year was your favorite novel released?

I can't think of a favorite novel, so I'm gonna go for my favorite manga, which was in 1998.

Why was it detained in the first place?

For public indecency.

Have you ever been to Florida? Would you like to? Do you have family in Florida?

My family appparently lived there for a few years when I was super young, but I don't remember much of it. Right now, not really. I hear it's full of smelly old people.

Not family, but we used to have an extremely close family friend that would stop by every few year to visit us inbetween his trips around the world until he passed away. Said family friend is probably responsible for me starting me on down on the path of collecting toys, so there's that.

Are you an artificial life form created in a laboratory?

Thankfully, no.

Who is best girl?

Depends on the show. At the moment, it's Akane Tsunemori, Hibiki Tachibana, Koko Hekmatyar, Chie Satonaka, and Teana Lanster. 

Oh dear, I just essentially listed off who I would have in my harem, didn't I?

Who is best pony?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I abstain from the question?

What's your favorite location on Earth? In the solar system?

Hmm. I'm quite fond of San Fransisco and love going down there any time I have. As for the solar system, Neptune's a pretty cool planet I guess?

If you could talk to any one person from history for a one-hour chat over coffee (and they would forget everything about the conversation before being returned to their own time,) who would it be and would you ask them any of these questions?

Alfred Adler would be my choice, and although I'd probably try to slip in some of these questions, I'd most likely would be busy trying to probe his mind on his theories along with wanting to know what he would think of the current state of the field of psychology.

Edited by Omgiamonfire, 07 January 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#34 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22064 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

Didn't I see your name commenting on a livestream about Symphogear porn?

#35 Serizawa

Serizawa
  • Citizen
  • 6363 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:26 AM

What would you do if you were in charge of a Transformers toyline for a year?

#36 2016 II

2016 II

Gone.

• Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

Ohhhhh.  I just realized that Naas likes saying mean things.  Does this make me slow on the uptake?

Tired of this forum shitting on me.

#37 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49250 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:33 AM

That's why he was Snips instead of Snails in the Pony chart, silly. Well, that and ... *looks at EES*

#38 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22064 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:35 AM

Is this... something I even want to know about?

#39 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49250 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

No.

#40 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

• Citizen
  • 14394 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

Didn't I see your name commenting on a livestream about Symphogear porn?

Oh, THAT stream. I was mostly in there because I was interested in the design books put out by the show's staff and if he had any interesting tidbits from them to share, because I'm a bit of a sucker for behind the scenes stuff.  I stuck around for the doujin part because I found it funny seeing somebody describe porn plots and because I had nothing better to do that night.

What would you do if you were in charge of a Transformers toyline for a year?

An entire line filled with spy/counter spy gimmicks. Stuff like Punch/Counterpunch, Doubledealer, Sideways, Animated Shockwave. I think it's a really cool concept, even if it would be hard to pull off. It probably would be styled like Cybertron's Planet X guys, cause those two toys are pretty much some of my favorite Transformers.

Ohhhhh.  I just realized that Naas likes saying mean things.  Does this make me slow on the uptake?

No, not really. Frankly it took me a bit to get it as well.

Is this... something I even want to know about?

Maybe.

Edited by Omgiamonfire, 07 January 2015 - 01:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users