Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (05 October 2019 - 09:29 PM)

UNICRON GOT MADE, BOIS!!!

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:19 AM)

They seem to be treating all the games with the same reverence.Even ReCoded, which was just an excuse to redo the first game again.

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:18 AM)

For the first time in about eight years,I've played a Kingdom Hearts game.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 October 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Redjac Redjac Redjac

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

dual 4ks are the way to go

@  wonko the sane? : (04 October 2019 - 06:29 PM)

And checking: those monitors are REALLY expensive.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 October 2019 - 09:30 AM)

Eh, I'm happy with multiple 1080's personally.

@  Benbot : (03 October 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Everyone needs a 1440 monitor. Just set up my new battle station and I never knew how much I was missing!

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 October 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Each part of a combiner is a complete toy in itself, so no, not really.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (03 October 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Aren't combiners technically BAFs?

@  Rycochet : (03 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

The Anniversary Beast Wars figures had BAF parts over a decade ago, the minicons of RiD2 had BAF stuff too, heck, the Takara PVC line had Build A Figures back in the early 2000s.

@  Paladin : (03 October 2019 - 01:35 PM)

can't believe Build A Figures finally came to Transformers...

@  RichardT1977 : (03 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

Originally Galoob made Micro Machines, but Hasbro bought Galoob.

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 October 2019 - 09:49 AM)

Hasbro owns the IP, but licensed it out to WCT. Hasbro owns Tonka, but hasn't actually made a legit Tonka product in years. Basic Fun (IIRC) is taking that over next year from the existing licensee

@  Benbot : (03 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

I thought Hasbro made Micro Machines

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Jazzwares bought Wicked Cool Toys. So I guess Jazzwares is going to be making Micro Machines :p

@  Sabrblade : (02 October 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Go, Mud!

@  Dekafox : (02 October 2019 - 08:50 AM)

With our powers combined, we made... mud. Warm, bubbly mud.

@  MEDdMI : (02 October 2019 - 07:36 AM)

water, heart!

@  wonko the sane? : (02 October 2019 - 07:33 AM)

earth, wind and fire...

@  unluckiness : (02 October 2019 - 07:19 AM)

Earthblast

@  Shrug : (02 October 2019 - 06:07 AM)

Earthearth

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 October 2019 - 04:07 AM)

Earthfast

Photo
- - - - -

NEWS - Transformers Age of Extinction Nominated for The Razzies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#21 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15443 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

The movie has some good aspects, and some completely horrible aspects. It's a mixed lot, and at... *checks* 165, it really ought to be. Some of the fights were great, the mostly Decepticon-free plot was fine, Kelsey Grammar was cool, the debates about the ethics of Prime's behaviour were involved (please don't start one here or I will outright call you stupid). BUT there were a lot of exceptionally bad qualities which certainly warrant Razzies, not because of how exceptionally bad they are, but how much they ruin the film's tremendous potential. Sure there's worse aspects of Sharknado 2, but that's a movie with no mainstream attention and no potential. Transformers wasn't comprehensively terrible, it was just good enough to show people the potential it squandered.

Woooo!

#22 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

As mediocre as AoE was, I can think of other movies from 2014 that are more deserving.

Gone Girl.

Wait, what?

Also Age of Extinction is bad, but the Razzies are dumb.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting sick of Hollywood expecting people to cheer for leads who ae so stupid that they couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom.

Had the guy cooperated with the cops, the whole conspiracy would have been blown wide open. The rich snot would still be alive and his sister wouldn't have been slandered on live national television.

Just like with The Marked Ones. The kids had video evidence of someone plowing into their car and kidnapping their friend. All they had to do was go to the cops and say "We were just attacked by someone who kidnapped our friend; we think they're involved with some freaky cult he got himself in with. Here's where we were told they've been hanging out." LAPD SWAT would have handled the rest.

#23 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51981 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Jaws would've been a much better movie if Brody would've simply gotten the Navy in the first place.

card-strongarm.jpg

#24 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

At the very least, Brodie wouldn't have been dumb enough to leave a guy by himself to pick a lock while he and the others wandered off.

#25 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5465 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

Transformers 2007 would be much better if the humans simply called the military to kill the decepticon invaders

...wait a minute...

Edited by Boomhauer, 06 January 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#26 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

As mediocre as AoE was, I can think of other movies from 2014 that are more deserving.

Gone Girl.

Wait, what?

Also Age of Extinction is bad, but the Razzies are dumb.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting sick of Hollywood expecting people to cheer for leads who ae so stupid that they couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom.

Had the guy cooperated with the cops, the whole conspiracy would have been blown wide open. The rich snot would still be alive and his sister wouldn't have been slandered on live national television.

Just like with The Marked Ones. The kids had video evidence of someone plowing into their car and kidnapping their friend. All they had to do was go to the cops and say "We were just attacked by someone who kidnapped our friend; we think they're involved with some freaky cult he got himself in with. Here's where we were told they've been hanging out." LAPD SWAT would have handled the rest.

If you didn't like it that's perfectly fine, but it was a critical and commercial smash hit and is a frontrunner for a lot of Oscar nominations. There is no reality in which Gone Girl gets Razzie nominations. 

#27 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Transformers 2007 would be much better if the humans simply called the military to kill the decepticon invaders

...wait a minute...

Yeah, in recent years people have finally begun to figure out that there are things the military can do wich a few kids and a squad of robots can't. All Uncle Sam needs is a clear idea of who to shoot and what sort of firepower the target(s) will have to defend with.

#28 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15443 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

I am sure Gone Girl has some plot holes and irrational character behaviour.

It is also directed by David Fincher who makes mundane sets atmospheric, gives characters subtle nuances and fills them with compelling humanity set in familiar worlds. Although I haven't seen it yet, based on Social Network, House Of Cards, and Se7en, I expect it is a touching piece which warrants Oscar attention. Despite any poor character behavior it might have.

I am certain Transformers 4 has massive plot holes and irrational character behaviour.

And as we have learned to expect from Michael Bay, There's predictable plot motions, and a ton of crappy acting from pointless characters. The tone is a scattered mess of coldness and patriotism. And it's production costs were three times that of Gone Girl's. While "Pain and Gain" gave me hope it could have been good, I have seen it and agree that Transformers 4 warrants Razzie attention. Despite the... cool soundtrack and awesome robots it had.

Interestingly, Transformers made roughly five times it's budget. While Gone Girl made roughly six times it's much smaller budget.

Woooo!

#29 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6975 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

Very well-deserved nominations this year, some of the worst of all time on this list.

What is singature?

#30 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

I wonder if the TMNT movie is also nominated for some Razzies.  I know Megan Fox is an easy target for nomination there.

Meh... I can list worse movies from 2014 than these two. AoE was much better than RotF and DotM, even if that doesn't mean it was good, and TMNT was just boring but not atrocious (though Megan Fox was not any better in it than she was in Jonah Hex).

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones.
Pompeii.
Robocop.
Brick Mansions.
Rio 2.
Gone Girl.
Legends of Oz.
Earth to Echo
Ouija.
Exodus: Gods And Kings.

And so on.

2014 was a year ripe with stinkers, and so I'm wondering what supposedly made AoE stand out above so many others to get that number of nominations.

Rio 2 was a snorefest and so full of cliches that it took me some 3 days to get to the end of it.
Robocop I would not say was bad, just unnecessary and inferior to the old ones. Nowhere near as bad as the new Total Recall or Predators.
Legends of OZ, oh yes, certainly deserving. Was it a worldwide release though?

Is Exodus really that bad? Has some pretty good actors, and the story is as classic as they come. I haven't decided whether to watch it or not, yet.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 08 January 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#31 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Is Exodus really that bad? Has some pretty good actors, and the story is as classic as they come. I haven't decided whether to watch it or not, yet.

As both a movie reviewer and a one-time Sunday school teacher?

Yes.

The film deviates from the Bible in more ways than I can list in a single post, so much that it's up there with "Starship Troopers" on my personal list of "Worst Adaptations Ever".

God's mouthpiece in the film is quite literally a petulant child, one who gets old in a hurry. Moses himself is depicted as doing what he does because he got cracked on the head by some stones and so is now hallucinating. Ramuses has every reason to ignore Moses because the latter came at him with a sword. Et cetra.

Et cetra.

The acting was over-wrought, the CGI was wasted, and it would appear that virtually no effort was made to actually find anyone of Middle Eastern heritage to appear as a main character since everyone who has a prominent role is as white as white can be.

AoE is a Shakespearian masterpiece by comparison.

#32 RC85747

RC85747
  • Citizen
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

The final Razzie nominations are out, and AoE is up for 7 nominations including Worst Picture, only two short of every category.

#33 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

It deserves to win every nomination.

PM me if you're bored!

#34 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2379 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

Pompeii.

Robocop.

Brick Mansions.

Rio 2.

Gone Girl.

Legends of Oz.

Earth to Echo

Ouija.

And so on.

2014 was a year ripe with stinkers, and so I'm wondering what supposedly made AoE stand out above so many others to get that number of nominations.

Gone Girl?!
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#35 News Team

News Team

Are there any more qualified than me to bring you the latest new

• Citizen
  • 38328 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

We’re happy to announce that everyone’s favorite worst movie, Age of Extinctionm, is leading the nominations this year at the 2015 Razzies! Meaning it has more nominations for worst film then any other film! How great is that? Well not so great if you’re the person who’s been nominated for one. That’s right, we’re looking at you Kelsey Grammar! Who (as we said in our previous article) has been nominated for worst supporting actor.

Be sure to join the discussion in our forums! Don’t have an account? Click here to register one!

Here are links to all the nominees:.

Worst Actor 2014

Worst Supporting Actor 2014

Worst Actress 2014

Worst Supporting Actress 2014

Worst Director 2014

Worst Picture 2014

Worst Remake, Sequel, or Rip-off 2014

Worst Screen Combo 2014

Worst Screenplay 2014

Redeemer Award 2014

View the full article

#36 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17619 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

I was going to say something along the lines of what a lot of other people are saying, which is "if Kelsey Grammer is nominated, it's a pretty clear sign that this is just 'well you were in this shitty movie so we don't care how well you specifically did in it'", but the actual list gives all of Grammer's parts for the year, so I guess it's a 2014 aggregate? Still probably stupid, but whatever.

#37 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15443 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

There are a lot of terrible aspects, but a lot of things that Transformers were nominated for it was terrible in an insubstantial quanity. Yes the girl with the name I forget didn't act very well, but she also didn't do anything I can recall other than disagree with her dad a few times. A lot of these nominations are an excuse to mention the worst movie that the most people are familiar with. 

Woooo!

#38 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Pompeii.

Robocop.

Brick Mansions.

Rio 2.

Gone Girl.

Legends of Oz.

Earth to Echo

Ouija.

And so on.

Gone Girl?!

Go back a few pages.

#39 Kayla Kaon

Kayla Kaon
  • Administrator
  • 4585 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

AoE took home two Razzies. One for Worst Director and the other for Worst Supporting Actor.

If you have Steven Universe leaks please let me know. I need them.

#40 Primetime1

Primetime1
  • Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

Let's just hope the next film features mostly Transformers as the focal point and not the humans. Frequent transformations would be welcome and they don't need to be elaborate, better introduction of new characters (wasn't buying how they introduced the dinobots). Lastly no more sexuallizing of characters, I mean for God's sake the daughter was played as a 17 year old and that's just creepy being an adult and seeing that. Just not a good image to display.