Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo

Street Fighter 5

344 replies to this topic

#1 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44254 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

Just this teaser trailer so far.

Comparison of the character models from Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V B4GohC7CUAAo42Y.jpg

Edited by Bass X0, 06 December 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#2 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18884 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hard to believe it's come to this: Capcom won't even fund one of its biggest franchises, the one that could be argued as their "mascot" series in lieu of Mega Man, and now it's become another Bayonetta with Sony footing the bill, thus gaining exclusivity.

At least, that's been my takeaway from the news surrounding this.

Kind of wish Nintendo had gone in with Sony to make it a co-exclusive... be funny if they did, and left MS out in the cold. Not really, but kind of in how silly that would be.

Maybe with any luck, they're funding the next Mega Man game instead.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#3 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

Street Fighter IV was on 360, right?

Seems absolutely moronic to shut out a fraction of your player-base, but Capcom is just full of bad decisions.

QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#4 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

Rumor is some of the reason is due to the PS4 and PC versions are going to be cross compatible but Xbox is holding onto it's only Xbox can play with Xbox mentality.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#5 LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon
  • Protoform
  • 26 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Mhea , This game needs combos to be any good . SF 4 the combos were to short , Marvel vs Capcom the combos are ease but to long ,People on line do lke a 300 o more combo. I like the SF vs Snk thats my fave . And yes capcom is Crazy no to port it to Xbox.

#6 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3276 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

Man, I am both really interested in this but also put off because I'm already really bad at Street Fighter 3 and don't need another game to be terrible at.

Rumor is some of the reason is due to the PS4 and PC versions are going to be cross compatible but Xbox is holding onto it's only Xbox can play with Xbox mentality.

This has happened with some other games in the past, I believe - I think it's why Final Fantasy 14 isn't on Xbox? This here is why I don't think it's a bad move at all to not release an Xbox One version. It's better that they can produce a single strong experience that unites its community across platforms than that they sell more copies. This is a good move that puts the player and the game above the market.

Edited by 1stStageMidboss, 07 December 2014 - 10:05 AM.

Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#7 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Supporter
  • 5675 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

Considering the PS4 consumerbase already is as big as it is, and probably will be even bigger come this christmas, and that the PC is experiencing a resurgence, this might not be the worst decision. 

Of course, Sony likely also paid Capcom quite handsomely for the privelige. Maybe we will also see a Vita version later on.

Then again, one could argue that this type of title should be on all platforms, the same notion people felt about next Tomb Raider game.

Edited by Zyking, 07 December 2014 - 10:21 AM.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

#8 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32739 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

Bayenetta goes WiiU

Tomb Raider goes XB1

SF 5 goes PS4

And people wonder why I always buy each game system

Aslo yes I to hope for a Vita version

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#9 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18884 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

Seems absolutely moronic to shut out a fraction of your player-base, but Capcom is just full of bad decisions.

Again, I can't see why Sony would allow what's essentially their game by half to be on Xbox.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#10 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

Meh.  The Xbox One gamers will have Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat X, so it's not a complete loss.

#11 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

Again, I can't see why Sony would allow what's essentially their game by half to be on Xbox.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Well the fact that Sony had to pay for a Street Fighter game is already pretty horrible. Capcom must basically be running on fumes, ready for someone to take over when the cash dries up.

QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#12 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6862 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

Street Fighter 5 ps4 exclusive. Street fighter 5 turbo, coming soon for xboxone.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#13 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:04 AM

Nah, Street Fighter V is PS4 and PC for good.   My bet it is indeed because of the cross-platform play, which Microsoft opposes.

#14 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:30 AM

If Dan is playable, I'm sold.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#15 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20325 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

Ryu's musculature is pretty horrifying.

XgxCpmP.png

#16 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3784 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'm pretty happy with only going to one console. This way any gathering or tournament will only be with on console. I used play SFIV somewhat competitively and the fact that fight sticks were console-dependent was annoying as all hell. If the tourney used PS3 I was fine, but if it was on 360 I'd be out of luck.

This gets around all of that.

#17 Caldwin

Caldwin

Acid For Blood

• Supporter
  • 26082 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

Considering Nintendo hasn't had Street Fighter on their consoles in like, forever...except for a crappy portable of SF IV...which I'm not counting because:
1. it never got upgraded past the Super stage
2. they gimped it to put it on portable platform
3. it's on a portable platform
I don't think Nintendo's going to be any more butt-hurt over not having V than they were not having IV and III.

As for XBone...given the crap they pulled with Tomb Raider (something that leaves me double butt-hurt since Lara really made her start on Playstation), and the crap they pulled with Rayman Legends...Microsoft gets no sympathy from me. It actually tickles me a bit that for once they're the ones left out in the cold.

They got their Tomb Raider and Killer Instinct. As far as Street Fighter V goes, they can just go *scrubbed*.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#18 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

Looks like a Street Fighter long thought dead is making a comeback, and I'm not talking about Gouken:

#19 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:11 AM

So was he resurrected with an Infinty Gem in his head? Charile is Warlock ? :wtf

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#20 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

Well it IS implied that the dude who saved Abel was Charlie. Maybe some weird Psycho stuff? Shadow could be Canon, maybe?

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users