Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (05 October 2019 - 09:29 PM)

UNICRON GOT MADE, BOIS!!!

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mey Hem: It's Not a Franchise If It Doesn't Make Money (OOC Discussion Thread)

RPG Mey Hem play by post

11895 replies to this topic

#21 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 34979 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:04 PM

I'm not sure whether to read the gif as "help me convince Mana then" or something more sinister.

Well it's a little bit like I actually think you'd make a really good GM if that was okay with you and stuff alright there I said it

#22 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Upsetti Spaghetti

• Retired Staff
  • 18826 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

I'm not sure whether to read the gif as "help me convince Mana then" or something more sinister.

Well it's a little bit like I actually think you'd make a really good GM if that was okay with you and stuff alright there I said it

Second.

#23 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62179 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

Motion carried *bangs gavel*

#24 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50171 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

Huh. I guess that means buying this Dungeon World system thing, then. It looks like the player components are at least free, so those interested might want to take a look (regardless of who ends up GMing, this is apparently the system we're using.) I'd check into Wanderlust, too, but like Link said, it seems to be ungoogleable - I know Zamuel has access to it, though, so I can ask him about it. 

I have to admit that getting to build up this New Londokyork and set the story in motion is pretty appealing. Expect to see the Statue of Liberty built into a belfry repurposed into a microwave tower. That said, I've never GMd before, even a little bit.

Either way, it'd be good to toss out some ideas about your characters, and we can start looking over the character creation system and seeing what fits and how. If we're going to take the setting semi-seriously at all, don't start by listing powers - who is your character, what's his or her motivation, etc. That'll help whoever's GM to start working out objectives to start putting together the module as well. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#25 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50171 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

Oh, I should clarify that I don't mean that kind of serious - I just mean that it'd be a little weird to have a character be Batman but also talk about working at Target. I kinda want to see what we're working with and what we might be able to spin together into some kind of story and setting.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#26 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Upsetti Spaghetti

• Retired Staff
  • 18826 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Eeee~ I'll work on my character's backstory later.

#27 Apostrophe

Apostrophe
  • Citizen
  • 2545 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

I'm a collector of old microwaves. The repurposed Statue of Liberty is my Holy Grail.

#28 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62179 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

I'm a broadsword lady from the frozen north ... I'm a Viknadian my Longcanoe ran aground off the coast of beachyhead and then I swam up the Niagara river ... I picked up the language (as best I could) along the way and heard this city was both the place to be and somewhere you didn't want to suddenly find yourself  >_> and since arriving like I said, Making my home in Central Sherwood ... all the trees remind me of home ... less snow though 

#29 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Upsetti Spaghetti

• Retired Staff
  • 18826 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

Are we using our screen names as our character names, or does that matter?

#30 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 34979 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

We could, or we could make characters with new names, like the Pony RPG.  I'm planning to have a character that goes by "Patch."

#31 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Soon.......

• Supporter
  • 13773 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

Totally interested. I tend to prefer more freeform fighting, though my chars tend to be squishy when most other people have overpowered juggernauts. I've got a ton of chars I can use, though a couple jump up to the top of the list. Probably would recycle chars from my comic, they got their start in RPing.

Blink/Zinc: Would fit the bard and/or rogue class. A short, stocky man of mixed race (drow & dwarf) and unknown age, appears to be in his 30-40's. Enjoys playing mind games and messing with people, yet never seems to let anything bother him. A drifter who goes from place to place, never getting too close to anyone, feels more like an observer than a participant. A jack of all trades, he specializes in playing his lute and fighting with sai but is good at many basic things (cooking, survival). Probably not so great with technology. Dislikes people touching his bare skin and might have a slight complex about being short. Never seems to show his true emotions, always wears a slight smile. Can usually get out of fights with his sliver tongue but has no qualms about killing if needed.

EB: Would fit the fighter class. Purple werebunny due to genetic engeneering. Looks to be in his mid 20's but is closer to 18, he ages a bit quicker than an average human. Tall, pale, and lanky man with super soft fur/hair. Kind of a "farm boy"-not terribly educated. Blunt and honest to a fault, prefers manual labor to thinking. Cautiously trusts people, will always try to help. Hates being a werebunny and often gets confused for the Easter Bunny. Good with most animals but larger prey animals make him nervous. In human form, he can't stay in the sun too much without sunblock/protection as an albino rabbit was used in his engineering. Knows about the birds and bees but completely oblivious when it comes to love. Can fight with his fists and legs in werebunny form but dislikes doing too much damage and doesn't like hitting girls, either. Bad with technology. Naturally, he is a vegan but hates carrots.

Harue: Class unknown-bard or cleric perhaps? Kind of a comic relief. Average sized lady in her mid-20's. Very sweet and happy most of the time, almost annoyingly so. Might not say anything but wears her emotions on her sleeve. Just trying to survive, and wants to believe the best in people. Good at cheering people up and provding support, always puts others ahead of her. Is also blind in her right eye, which is covered by her hair. She is a horrible klutz and also horrible at anything home-ec oriented. Never wants to fight, she has some magical capability but no formal training so can't really do a whole lot. Not very confident in herself. Ok with technology but if she looks at it too long it'll probably explode. Nervous/disbelieving if anyone shows romantic interest.

Lethe: No class (rimshot). A modern day lady in her early 20's who somehow finds herself in this world. Average size, flat chested. Did she get here by magic or technology? She has no idea, she's just trying to make sense of the new world around her and possibly find her way home. Curious, intelligent, and cautious, she has the mind of a detective. She has a backpack from her time filled with average odds and ends that will run out-half roll of duct tape, bottled water, compass, band-aids, etc. Typically keeps to herself and prefers to observe. Has never gotten in a serious fight and never seen anything worse than roadkill in real life. She could die easily in this world. Has decent knowledge of survival skills and technology, but that is all related to her time, not the new one. Very skeptical about love. Also has slight arachnophobia.

Mwahahahahaaaa.... one of these should fit. Could play more than one if needed, or some as side/background characters?

#32 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50171 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

Ha! Yes, I think any of those could fit. I'm most interested in EB and Harue, myself. Very promising. = )

Destron, no surprise there, but I truly look forward to seeing how she plays.

And yeah, Vi, I think preference would be to use invented names or slight alterations (like Patch,) partly because we do need to distinguish between characters and players in OOC conversation and partly because I think it frees you up to be a bit silly with it. That said, it hasn't posed any real problems in the Pony RP that two of the players have now named themselves after their characters, either.

#33 Serizawa

Serizawa
  • Citizen
  • 6366 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

Is this more of an RP or is the G going to play a part with digital dice rolls or other elements of chance?

#34 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22926 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

Who is this new person?!

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#35 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62179 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

She plays like a kitten or a tank, depending on the situation Copper ;)

#36 Powdered Toast

Powdered Toast
  • Citizen
  • 53 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Is this more of an RP or is the G going to play a part with digital dice rolls or other elements of chance?

I do like that element of chance part keeps the game lively.

Warning: Inhaling Powdered Toast has been known to the state of California cause cancer.

Along with everything else in California.

#37 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50171 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hey. Welcome to Mayhem.

Yes, with the G, as in, as Hecate put it, the kind for going on adventures as opposed to the kind for having sex.

#38 Serizawa

Serizawa
  • Citizen
  • 6366 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

Is there going to be something put into place to prevent accidentally killing everyone right off the bat?

I played an Alien RPG that lasted less than an hour because the scout got a bad roll causing her to fire her rifle into a reactor and blowing us all up.

#39 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50171 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

So long as it works, I think we're using the Dungeon World system. So there's a base of rules, certainly. 

Part of a situation like the one you're describing would honestly come down to the design of the "module" and the GM's discretion in play. It'll certainly be possible, though likely not in your best interests, to kill another player character. I don't know how Dungeon World handles critical failures, but that situation sounds fairly unlikely to start with to me. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 02 December 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#40 Serizawa

Serizawa
  • Citizen
  • 6366 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

I figured PKing would be preventable in the first place. It's more someone opening a gate full of rabid mastodons while everyone is wandering around in a cave and getting stampeded to death because no one had any mastodon chow to distract them with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users