Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

Photo
- - - - -

The BM Cooking/Food Thread

yum fire hazard run while you can

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#1 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15020 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

Post your favorite recipes/techniques for food and drinks! Allrecioes.com is my favorite recipe site. I'll post a few at a time.

German Apple Cake
Simple and delicious, I make it once or twice a year, just with a little less oil & sugar. I like the apples better with the skins.

I've recently discovered an odd combination: tomato basil Wheat Thins with a little dollop of cottage cheese on it, topped off with a small piece of dill pickle on top. The flavors and textures offset each other and it just works.

Cutting onions: hate having to do this due to eyes getting watery. Cutting under running water helped but took too long. These days I quarter the onion and peel off the skin, then soak it in a bowl of water. As long as I don't have to dice the onions too small or cut too many onions, this technique helps. Anyone else have good tips for avoiding the onion fumes?

Edited by MEDdMI, 16 November 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#2 tec

tec

Dai....CLONE

• Supporter
  • 32838 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

MMmmm food *drools*

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

https://www.twitch.tv/tecnic5x5

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#3 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11908 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

this is an idiiotic recipe, but one I like doing sometimes. I call it the Nacho Omelette.

Beat 3 eggs and cook'em in a pan. When they set, grab a bag of nacho chips, crumble them and put them on the egg base. Cover with salsa, then a few seconds with shredded cheese. When the cheese starts to melt, fold over the omlette - turn over once to cook evenly.

As I said, not too complex but yummy when I find I have left over nacho chips and salsa.

From the Page of Cage!

#4 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15020 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

Nacho omelette!? Bwah?

.....will have to try that sometime, I do like salsa or ketchup on eggs. Also, ranch Doritos are awesome inside a tuna sandwich. However, Doritos & Skittles are a loathsome combination.

Edited by MEDdMI, 16 November 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#5 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18824 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

And I quote from an old Tumblr post of mine:

Take two tilapia, sprinkle with pepper and salt and just a little sugar (so as to improve browning).  Fry in a pan with just enough olive oil to do the job.  Once cooked, grate asiago cheese on top to taste while the fish is still warm so it gets all nice and melted.

For added wonder, add lightly cooked asparagus (so that it is still slightly tough) with a little butter.

Or you can substitute rose potatoes for the asparagus, boiled till nearly done, sliced, given the same treatment as the tilapia and then fried in the same skillet.

The result looks like this:
HVQIMA.jpg
Plate, table and fork may vary.  This particular version does not include the asiago cheese.

And that German Apple Cake sounds fabulous!  I will have to try it either for Thanksgiving or Christmas!

Edited by The Doctor Who, 16 November 2014 - 06:14 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#6 Jen!

Jen!

I have returned from a great journey...

• Citizen
  • 1136 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Well, I have quite a few things that people fawn over for certain events.

Crab Salad: (amount of each ingredients is determined by how many people you're making it for and to your liking)

Crab meat (bite sized chunks)
Celery
Red onion
Mayo
Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste

Tater tot Casserole (the recipe that makes bitches melt):

1 lb. browned hamburger
2 cans mushroom soup
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
Salt & pepper
Medium bag of tater tots

Mix that up and put it in a cake pan. Put a layer of shredded cheese on top of that. Next the tater tots. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 and finally put a little more cheese on the tots. Finish it in the oven to melt the cheese on top.

I have more, but don't want to type it all out, lol. But, I seriously should be a chef or have a damn cookin show. (Yes I'm conceded about my cooking)

Edited by Jen!, 16 November 2014 - 08:22 PM.

How you gonna hate outside Mayhem, when you can't even get in?

#7 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

sorry Jen.. Mayo 

not for this white guy....

*eeeww is all squigged*

when I'm not being lazy and have ran out of ramen or craft dinner, I'll actually cook something - while I'm typically a simple stake and taters guy, I do make a decent rhubarb pie ....

my roasts tend to turn out okay... slice of pineapple on a ham with some taters ... omg

but no... most times, I'll just have a whitebread and cheese samich

#8 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18824 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

I should make you some chicken soup, Destron, just so you will never want to eat sammiches again.

It's probably my favorite thing to make and it is so stupidly simple that really anyone with even an average IQ and functional hand-eye coordination could make it.

You take chicken (I like to cheat and use the store-cooked rotisserie ones, just strip the white meat off), put it in a pot with red potatoes, red onions, carrots and maybe just a little garlic.  And then you boil it till the potatoes, carrots, onions and so forth are soft.

And there ya go, the best damn chicken soup in the world.  Infinitely better (and probably healthier) than anything from a can.

And it looks like this:

yBN7wd.jpg

Why would you ever eat a sammich, if you could have this?

Edited by The Doctor Who, 16 November 2014 - 10:03 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#9 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

oh yeah, I can do soups, ... the reducing is the fun part... I add a little garlic and green peas to my chicken stew,  and beef stew come to think of it, but yeah I tend to let the flavors mingle, the peas seem to take the longer heat time in the broth better if you start from frozen and put them in after the potatoes carrots and meat are at the 'soup' stage  

mix up a little roe (the thickener not the fish eggs) and you can get a good thickness to the stew earlier ... if you don't mind the 'in gravy' look... but I tend to not do that so often 

also, thanks Doc now I want some soup ... and I just finished a double quarter pounder

#10 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18824 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Muahahahaahahahaahha!

nzo8WYb.png

#11 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

the best part of that picture is that big chunk of union ... are you a skins on or off, man when it comes to the taters?

#12 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15020 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

That Apple Cake has become a staple for the holidays for both my family and TMM's since I first found it. Doesn't need any icing, just a light dusting of cinnamon and powdered sugar.

This recipe is a great base sauce for fresh tomatoes, made this SO many times with my garden produce. Sauteed onions and bell pepper in a cast iron pan. I typically added eggplant, carrot, and sometimes mushrooms. Altered the servings to 20 to get it to fit in the crock pot, set on low for a few hours, then added the tomato paste directly and let it sit on low longer (at least 4, or overnight). Spooning the hot sauce directly in mason jars and the heat will allow the jars to seal themselves without having to do the special hot water bath. We did have quite a lot of jars in the fridge for awhile, but between us eating it and giving some jars out, since May we're down to the last 1/3 jar. This recipe is a bit watery, but I also left the sauce chunky. Will probably add more tomato paste or let it sit uncovered for awhile to thin down next time. Makes about 4 large jars. This sauce is particularly good with cheese tortellini or 1 pound of beef tossed with the sauce. Also used it as a base to heat up old rice, it soaked up the flavor real nice.

Here's one for banana bread . If you're low on banana, use applesauce. This recipe is very banana-y and moist, Great alone or with Nutella.

Nutella: spread on whole wheat bread, place banana slices, then toast on Foreman electric grill/pan. So nummy. Oh man. So many recipes I have to try! Would probably cook more if cleaning up wasn't such a pain.

#13 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

yeah that's the part that makes me lean more towards the samiches

pots are a pain ..especially a big reduction pot ...

I should go buy another one ..haven't made a good thick stew since highschool

#14 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18824 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

the best part of that picture is that big chunk of union ... are you a skins on or off, man when it comes to the taters?

Skins on, of course!

And, yeah, I like my onions in larger pieces.

nzo8WYb.png

#15 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

good man.

#16 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Turn your back on fate and write your own story

• Supporter
  • 48111 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

Why would you ever eat a sammich, if you could have this?

Try eating soup while driving.

#17 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18824 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

You know, I have never eaten while driving, but if you find yourself in that position often, then I can understand.

In truth, enjoy sandwiches a lot.  Nothing quite like a hot ham and cheddar with bread and butter pickle.

nzo8WYb.png

#18 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

Old an falling apart

• Supporter
  • 8166 posts
  • Location:Enjoying a fever dream, wondering where it's gonna lead
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:55 AM

The misses is the master of the culinary but I find myself creating oddball things that are pretty good sometimes.

Simple: Sliced eggplant drizzled with coconut oil and then grilled and then a chunk of mozzarella placed on top to melt

Breakfast burrito: sliced sausage,  beat 2 eggs with garlic powder onion powder, and hot sauce take the tortilla and spread peanut butter on it then place the sausage and then the eggs. Salsa is optional. Sounds odd but pretty good. I enjoy a peanut butter bacon sandwich I had before so I tried it.

5473617b-d2fa-4bcd-8a25-8a0dd778f111_zps

I reject your reality and substitute my own

#19 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51871 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

Is it bad that I like putting milk or cream in any and all scrambled eggs, and generally Tabasco sauce as well? I feel like that just makes them taste more like eggs than eggs do when they're just eggs.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#20 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

eggs only need pepper Copper, you're making omelets...or something 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yum, fire hazard, run while you can

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users