Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo

Darkwing Duck returns to comics!

Darkwing Duck Joe Books Disney Lets Get Dangerous!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

tumblr_ndv25z8jxl1qlq12ko1_1280.jpg

The Duck Knight Returns…again!

Darkwing Duck-The Definitively Dangerous Edition is coming this January from Joe Books and Disney. This one-volume edition collects issues 1-16 of the original series plus an all new epilogue and bonus material.

Aaron Sparrow, the editor and driving force of the DW comics has gone back and painstakingly rewritten the book to bring it in step with the classic Disney Afternoon series. I also had the opportunity to revisit the art and make this edition the true Terror That Flaps In The Night. This omnibus also features the stellar work of Darkwing creator Tad Stones, artist Sabrina Alberghetti, writer Ian Brill, colorists Andrew Dalhouse and Lisa Moore, letterer Deron Bennett and cover artist Amy Mebberson.

The book, featuring the above wrap-around cover,  is available to order now from your local comics shop using order number NOV141533. You’ll get the entire story of Darkwing’s return for only $19.99.

But the best news of all is this collection will lead right into an all new Darkwing Duck ongoing series coming in 2015 from Joe Books. Aaron and I have already begun and will give more details as soon as possible.

So, who’s ready to get Dangerous again?

Source

I simply cannot wait!

Tho there's no mention of the Annual being included, which had an important Quackerjack story.

I also wonder if they'll include the DuckTales issues for context of their crossover finale.

#2 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9409 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

Never heard of Joe Books before. Will they use the same team as before? It had pretty good story and art.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#3 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9650 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

So really it's looking like it's just collecting the Boom Studios run plus one new epilogue piece after the Ducktales crossover. Not the best I could hope for but still pretty cool.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#4 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

Not so fast!

But the best news of all is this collection will lead right into an all new Darkwing Duck ongoing series coming in 2015 from Joe Books. Aaron and I have already begun and will give more details as soon as possible.

#5 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

Was the Boom book any good? IIRC Diamond couldn't ship Boom's Disney titles here at the time because of international licensing issues or something (or so I was told) and I never got around to importing. Heard a lot of complaints about the DuckTales book though: http://newsandviewsb...-july-2011.html

WsuGTl1.jpg

#6 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52681 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

Their Darkwing book was amazing.

I have almost the entire run and will EAGERLY pick this Omnibus up.

card-strongarm.jpg

#7 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10863 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, I very much enjoyed the Boom Darkwing comic, and have the entire series as well as every cover of each issue, including the convention covers.

#8 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

Well, hooray for a new collection then.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#9 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9650 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Not so fast!

It's amazing I read through that about 5 times and missed it every time until you pointed it out :D

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#10 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

The collection is not quite the book people might remember from the initial run apparently.

http://www.bleedingc...uck-collection/

Recently, Bleeding Cool reported on new Canadian publisher Joe Books’ plans to republish the Boom! Studios Darkwing Duck comics in a cheap collected format as The Definitely Dangerous Edition. Lots of people were very very happy.

But not everyone.

Former Darkwing Duck writer Ian Brill and former Darkwing Duck editor Christopher Burns have posted.

Currently a reprint collection of the Darkwing Duck comic that we worked on in 2010 and 2011 is being offered in Previews. In the announcement of this collection it said to be “painstakingly rewritten” to “bring it in step with the classic Disney Afternoon series.” We believe that this will not be the book that readers enjoyed when the series was originally published. We do not feel it is right to rewrite comics for a reprint collection. Since we feel this book will not reflect our intentions for the material we wish for our names to be removed from the book, and for our names to not be used in the promotion of the book. We have contacted Joe Books and made this request. This is our only and final comment about the situation.

Bleeding Cool reached out to Joe Books for comment yesterday, but did not receive any word at time of publication.

Rescripting the entire book is a bit rough.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#11 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

This sounds like a bunch of assumptionsand jumping to conclusions. Back when this was announced on the Facebook announcement I asked about Annual and Ducktales crossover and received this response.

Oscar Tamayo: It includes all of that, but the dialogue has been tweaked and new panels added to tie things in better. Basically things have been improved, because many mistakes were made in the original issue, such as Fenton Crackshell's Mom not knowing he was Gizmoduck.

Hopefully that adresses the nature of the edits. I recall getting weirded out by that moment in the comic too.

#12 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52681 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

As was pointed out in the thread though

There's a reason the reuniting team on the new omnibus and ongoing at Joe Books is the Boom comic's artist and first editor. It's a long story but here's a short version.

That first editor, Aaron Sparrow was an uncredited co-writer/plotter on most of the comic. Aaron and James Silvani were largely responsible for the comic being as good as it was. Ian Brill didn't know the cartoon very well and he really didn't get its tone. His contributions to the comic were often melodramatic with not enough comedy. One of the reasons the omnibus doesn't include the final arc, the Ducktales crossover is that those issues are 100% Ian's (the other reasons being they're lousy and Boom never submitted them to Disney for approval).

It's a shitty situation with no bad guy. Aaron wants the work he did best represented in the omnibus. Ian feels the same way. This is the best possible outcome, though. We get better Darkwing comics and Ian distances himself from all this.

card-strongarm.jpg

#13 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

Ooookay. So it was originally a good book largely because it was already being tweaked by editorial? In that case it's not such a big deal.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#14 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9665 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

Makes sense. I always felt the DW comic was just a hair's breath away from being too melodramatic for the source material. I'm glad that they have a quality team on it, especially James Silvani whose work on the comic I really, really liked. Doesn't hurt that I met him at New York Comic Con and I found out that he was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Stand up fellow.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#15 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25546 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

Much better than those dudes that topple over all the time.

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#16 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

Okay, so actually what this is... is a whole bunch of dudes yelling at each other. 

http://www.bleedingc...cks-up-a-notch/

I don't know who's right but it sounds pretty messy.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#17 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

Artist James Silvani has posted some images from the newer "corrected" stuff.

As I don't have a photographic memory, it's kind of pointless without the "before" comparisson.

http://silvaniart.tu...st/109117328394

#18 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52681 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

Anybody pick this up?

How is it?

card-strongarm.jpg

#19 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

From what I understand it's only available in comic stores at the moment. It'll hit official release in a week or so.

#20 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8306 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:17 AM

This site has an overview of some of the changes the book went through.

http://www.negaverse...dangerous/?p=67