Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

Photo
- - - - -

Takara Tomy Not Releasing Jhiaxus?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34507 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

I don't see pictures or preorders for TakaraTomy Jhiaxus. Are they not getting him?

I just found Jhiaxus in the store yesterday and I was really repulsed by how bright orange he was. He transforms into a plane, not a traffic cone. So I was hope I have an option.

Edited by Shattered, 22 October 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17414 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Alternate traffic cone transformation comming in...

-ZacWilliam, 3,2,...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66372 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

I'd say that any of the retools in Generations are up in the air as to whether or not TakaraTomy is going to produce them.

I'm thinking Goldfire, Dreadwing, Crosscut, and Jhiaxus are all going to be skipped.

Sure they're releasing Chromia, an extensive retool of Prime Arcee, but it might be more to do with the marketing of the 3 female Autobots than anything.

So far their post FoC Generations and now Legends are pretty retool-free compared to Hasbro's Generations.

Figures like Doubledealer seemed to be regulated to getting an exclusive release as Cloud Starscream.

Whirl's redeco Cloud Shockwave is getting released the same month as Whirl is in their Legends line (November IIRC).

Heck even figures like Skids and Scoop haven't received any kind of solicitation from TakaraTomy as getting a release.  Skids's mold is only getting a release (thus far) as the TRU exclusive TF4 Rollbar.

I'm hoping that Legends continues on while RID gets its Japanese release and ramps it up with some things that were never released by Hasbro (Generations Hardhead) and some of the retools Japan hasn't yet received (Jhiaxus, Crosscut, etc).

So I wouldn't count on any retools getting a release unless they've actually been solicited.  Things like Skullgrin and Blackshadow never saw a Japanese release.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#4 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

It's such a darn shame. Especially since Black shadow was a Japanese only character originally,

Man they'd have done wonders with the Jhiaxus mold and with Duaros. Etc.

Sometimes ift pays to beleive in Hasbro a lot more. Even if the paint budget isn't always as good.

Takara seems far too stuck in 84 hell for it's own good.

#5 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29291 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Takara's missing out on a great opportunity if they choose not to release their own version of Jhiaxus.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#6 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22999 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

The title of this thread is kinda misleading.

#7 drewislaright

drewislaright

horny horny hordak

• Citizen
  • 2031 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

They probably aren't getting him. I don't imagine that the Generation 2 comic was very popular in Japan, but I also have literally no authority on this whatsoever and my mom calls me an "idiot" all the time.

I WILL BUY YOUR MASTERPIECE SIDESWIPE SHOULDER CANNON... EVEN IF IT'S KO. PM ME!

#8 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

The title of this thread is kinda misleading.

Agreed. It's been edited for clarity.

#9 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34507 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

I went to Walmart today with the idea in mind of getting him this time. But I saw him again and couldn't buy him.

#10 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50632 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

It's weird, I've gone through that with figures I've ultimately really tolerated once I got them, like Evasion Optimus.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#11 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2837 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

They might turn up a year or two down the line.

Don't forget how long it took for them to have BWX Primal and Megatron released in their own version (or Deluxe Unicron and the Sharkticon ship repaint)

Photobucket blows chunks

#12 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8301 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

I went to Walmart today with the idea in mind of getting him this time. But I saw him again and couldn't buy him.

i WANT to get him, but every store around here is stuck on the armada starscream wave. gonna have to get him online i guess

Edited by Telly, 22 October 2014 - 09:50 PM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#13 BraveMax

BraveMax
  • Citizen
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

They ARE releasing Windblade, though... Despite her "Japanese theming", she's had zero fictional representation in Japan...

Maybe females sell well in Japan? Or they figure a fan-built character will be popular regardless?

Sometimes their logic seems a little random.

#14 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

Female figures most certainly do sell well over there... in frightening ways.

24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#15 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19879 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

Japanese fans have been waiting forever to get their hands on WaifuWindblade.

xOyvpt9.png

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66372 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

According to the latest Figure King she's a "Fun Built Bot".  So she's lots of fun.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#17 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29291 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

They ARE releasing Windblade, though... Despite her "Japanese theming", she's had zero fictional representation in Japan...

Unless you count this:

Windblade-KreO.jpg

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#18 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12733 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

I don't see pictures or preorders for TakaraTomy Jhiaxus. Are they not getting him?

I just found Jhiaxus in the store yesterday and I was really repulsed by how bright orange he was. He transforms into a plane, not a traffic cone. So I was hope I have an option.

Yeah, I was hoping, too, but it really seems that it's not happening any time soon.

The mold's pretty amazing for Jhiaxus (despite being a retool rather than a mold specifically designed for the character). I simply refuse to buy an orange version, though.