Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:31 PM)

Wonderful audio separation and balance.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:29 PM)

For Transformers The Movie 86

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:28 PM)

I will say, the blu ray remaster, especially the audio is pretty spot on. Watching it on Apple TV has been enlightening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 09:00 PM)

Vode An!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

I do not overly care for the Bad Batch, but it will be interesting to see what the animated series will bring to the table.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

Alpha, Delta Squad, Omega Squad, and the Muunilinst 10 are quite the contrast to what we have at present in Disney canon.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Who else here read the pre-2008 Clone Commandos and ARC Troopers back in the day?

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 November 2020 - 05:04 PM)

Monoliths in Utah and Romania.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:11 PM)

Also, the face of the black redeco is painted gray.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:09 PM)

To be a little fair, the original was also lacking in more detailed color. The Telemocha Series figure fixed that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2020 - 05:05 PM)

The unpainted face and all the greys make that look like a knockoff.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:01 PM)

One could headcanon this one as such.

@  Otaku : (29 November 2020 - 01:06 PM)

@Bass X0 Weird how they come close, with the likes of Onyx Primal and Nemesis Prime (Universe 2003), but no actual evil gorilla...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM)

Oh my god! WFC ravage is adorable! Who's a pudgy kitty? Yes you are!

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

The 86 line prevented made me reconsider a new years resolution.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

@  -LittleAutob... : (20 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

EIGHT WORDS! THATS A RECORD! XD

@  wonko the sane? : (20 November 2020 - 09:08 AM)

So you were hired by a middle easterner! AHA!

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 November 2020 - 11:45 PM)

that's eight words

Photo
- - - - -

Rebooted Ghostbusters

2289 replies to this topic

#61 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8024 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hadn't even thought of Dana! They can get one of the dudes who played Oscar to come back.

http://ghostbusters....eutschendorf_II

http://www.wcmaasd.c...nstructors.html

Attached Thumbnails

• oscars.JPG

WsuGTl1.jpg

#62 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18167 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

That's too good.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#63 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23183 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

When was the last time hollywood put an average woman on the screen and it didn't end in a "pretty woman" montage where she gets a complete make over and becomes a super model?

Like, every weekend? That sort of Pygmalion bullshit only really happens in teen-oriented movies and/or terrible romantic comedies and/or terrible teen-oriented romantic comedies.

Look, I wish this were a continuation and not a reboot. But I like the idea of a new team (instead of recasting Venkman, Spengler, et. al.), I like the idea of a female team, and I like the actors' names that have been tossed around so far. Poehler, Wiig, McCarthy, etc. And most importantly, I'm totally confident in Paul Feig. He's a great writer and director, who created "Freaks & Geeks," which earns him my lifetime approval, but who also directed lots of great television (Arrested Development, the Office, Mad Men, 30 Rock, Bored to Death) in addition to "Bridesmaids," which was excellent. I didn't see "The Heat," but I think overall he's a guy who knows how to make quality entertainment. I'm satisfied with this being in his hands.

#64 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8024 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

When you put it like that I agree that it's a pretty attractive resume.

I think there are three things this movie needs in order to be a success:

1. Funny people

2. Smart writing

3. Respect for the OSM

That respect doesn't necessarily have to come in the form of a direct continuation of the originals' work. But it has to be there somehow. Because Ghostbusters is one of the greatest and most beloved movies of all time.

I'm all for a female team, but I hope they don't push that angle too much. If they make the whole thing about "WOO LOOK WOMEN" then they break the whole thing. It needs to walk a tricky line between "legitimate selling point" and "irritating gimmick". And really it should be aiming for "not even an issue, peoples is peoples, shut your face-hole and get on with it".

Heck knows there are many immensely talented women around today who are more than funny enough to fit well in a Ghostbusters movie.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#65 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 3037 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

If the new movie will be about another team of Ghostbusters  - fine.

If it's a total reboot - NO! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOZER, NO!!!!!!!

#66 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9546 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Ooooooh, get the babies or baby to come back! That'd be the link to the old team, haha. He can be the token male in the team.

What if they do an alternate timeline thing like Star Trek? Reboot but not. Some omni universal dimension spanning old god trying to take over. Hope they don't do a female Staypuff. He can stay as is.

Sex and the City cast as Ghostbusters, haha. Miranda Egon, Charlotte Ray, whatshername Peter. Sarah Jessica Parker as Winston?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#67 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3919 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker as some evil spectral horse....makeup not even needed...saves money on the budget.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#68 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3276 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

Okay, so here's the thing I don't entirely get. Ghostbusters is by no means a big sprawling continuity - there's two movies, a video game, and a couple of cartoons I assume don't actually count. Why is it important that this new movie should be in continuity with that? I totally get people wanting this new movie to respect the old ones, but there are so many ways to do that beyond a five-minute discussion about how great the original Ghostbusters were or defining the new cast by their relation to the old one. Plus it's easier to disown it if it turns out bad! :D

If I were talking about this anywhere else, this is where I'd say "well maybe it's because I'm a Transformers fan and Transformers is chock-full of new things being their own continuity' but I'm on the Allspark so...

Edited by 1stStageMidboss, 14 October 2014 - 02:36 AM.

Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#69 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25554 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

I think one of the problems with calling it a reboot is you now need to reestablish the world and its parameters. That means another drawn-out leadup to OMG GHOSTS ARE A THING and HAY LET'S BE EXTERMINATORS BUT WITH GHOSTS GUYS. And with modern decompressed storytelling... Yeah, that's the whole runtime devoted to 'YES WE KNOW THIS ALREADY GET ON WITH IT'.

The other issue with modern reboots, I think, is their need to justify themselves and show how different they are, thus leading to HAY GUYS REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE FIRST TIME? LOOK AT IT, WE'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT IT AND LOOK AT IT AND THEN DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WOW LOOK HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE DON'T FORGET WE'RE A REBOOT THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM BEFORE!

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#70 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:49 AM

A lot of time went by since the original, so why not a reboot - the old cast are too old to play those roles again. But making the cast ALL-female feels like a forced decision. I mean, why not make it an even 2-2 female/male ratio? The old movie was a product of its time when female leads in such type of movies were rare.  If they make the whole cast female, it'd be like some weird fetishist R63 of the movie, with female Egon, female Peter and so on.

A better idea would be to have the old cast-reappear as being retired and they would serve as mentors to a new team.

When was the last time hollywood put an average woman on the screen and it didn't end in a "pretty woman" montage where she gets a complete make over and becomes a super model?

Let's face it, that's true for average men, too. In Hollywood if you are not pretty, either you are a villain or a gritty grizzled anti-hero (see Ron Perlman or Danny Treyo).

The idea just reminds me of those horror stories about how you hear of Hollywood moguls with insane agendas, like that one producer who tried to put giant spiders in everything and finally got his way with Wild, Wild West.

Female Ghostbusters could work (Kylie was great in Extreme), but this sounds less like a story/character pitch and more like some TG fan art you'd find on deviantArt.

It actually reminds me of a recent Ultimate Spiderman episode where he crosses into another universe which is basically a R63-ed version of Peter's, with a female Spiderman, Norma Osborn, Janet J. Jameson and so on. It was cringe-worthy, though most of that show usually is.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 14 October 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#71 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Nordic Knight has arrived!

• Staff
  • 14900 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

Nutjob, you just encapsulated why a full reboot is such a waste.

Have Ray still running his Occult store, Winston could be helping. Peter and Dana are happily settled.

One of the soon-to-be-Ghostbusters could be friends with or dating Oscar. Some others could be caught up in a ghost encounter and get inspired. The 'Old Guard' give guidance but have retired, so the girls decide to pick up the slack.

The big annoucement of reboot/all-girl squad just sounds like "we're updating this beloved story for Modern audiences and giving a Fresh take on the Ghostbusters by having an ALL-GIRL team. It's Grounded and topical, showing tough, sexy, independant women".

A total reboot is unnecessary.

fslookup.jpg

#72 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

Fair point Wonko. But, they should at least be slightly average and somewhat geeky.

I get Hollywood glamorizes sex appeal. But I want it at least to not be overdone or done in bad taste.

I at least want one female that's like Egon or something. Also it's okay for any one of them to be hot. It just shouldn't distract from the movie or plot in a stupid way. A hot looking girl who's a credited university professor should at least seem professional. Even if they have super model looks.

It's a big piss for me that Ramis is dead. Egon was my favourite ghost buster as a kid. And I loved Ramis a lot because of it.

If anything I'd figure Ramis death while sad and tragic was a perfect excuse for a torch passing.

Plus seeing Egon die in a flashback would be heavy.

Sounds like the studio dosen't want to give royalties.

I'm not afraid of change. But the originals deserve both a homage and a tribute to Egon (Harold Ramis).

Edited by Skullgrin2014, 14 October 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#73 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

Get Jeff Goldblum to play older Egon, and frankly I'd be happy. :)

To me - frankly  -Ghostbusters was the cartoon first and the movies second, and cartoon Egon reminded me more of Goldblum than of Ramis.

164px-Jeff_Goldblum.jpg

Nutjob, you just encapsulated why a full reboot is such a waste.

Have Ray still running his Occult store, Winston could be helping. Peter and Dana are happily settled.

One of the soon-to-be-Ghostbusters could be friends with or dating Oscar. Some others could be caught up in a ghost encounter and get inspired. The 'Old Guard' give guidance but have retired, so the girls decide to pick up the slack.

The big annoucement of reboot/all-girl squad just sounds like "we're updating this beloved story for Modern audiences and giving a Fresh take on the Ghostbusters by having an ALL-GIRL team. It's Grounded and topical, showing tough, sexy, independant women".

A total reboot is unnecessary.

Heck I'd be happy if they do it like in the 90ies Extreme Ghostbusters toon.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 14 October 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#74 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25554 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Honestly, I don't see why it's even necessary to even show the old guard. Jeez, even just have the commercial spot from GB2 showing up on a screen somewhere, and you've shown 'Remember this world? This is the world you're in. MOVE ON' and get to the story already.

God, have them Ghostbusters in Wisconson or something! Geographic separation means the old dudes don't even come within artillery distance~

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#75 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8024 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

Recasting would be a worrying approach, but if they did choose to recast Egon... you get Maurice LaMarche! :)

WsuGTl1.jpg

#76 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44054 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Fair point Wonko. But, they should at least be slightly average and somewhat geeky.

Not disagreeing. None of the original crew were models, and Hollywood focuses entirely too much on physical appearance anyway. They need to be folks you would see on the street and not really notice. Doesn't matter what their sex is.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#77 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18930 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

Moreover, they need to be talented actors.  The original performers were brilliant actors and comedians in their own right and they brought an incredible wealth of talent to their respective parts.

Whoever they pick needs to be picked because they're really good at what the part calls for, rather than popularity or appearance.  Which is, sadly, not what Hollywood does these days, especially with female roles.

Again, I have very little faith in Hollywood to do this right.

nzo8WYb.png

#78 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5515 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

Depends... they going to get Paris Hilton to ruin our childhood for us?

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#79 tec

tec

Beep! Beep!

• Supporter
  • 33009 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

Uh no that role goes to Megan Fox

According to some shes ruined a lot of diffrant childhoods

Edited by tec, 14 October 2014 - 11:47 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

https://www.twitch.tv/tecnic5x5

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#80 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18930 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:31 AM

There are four leading roles, they could conceivably have Paris Hilton and Megan Fox with room left over for two more.  To say nothing of the supporting cast.

nzo8WYb.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users