Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (22 October 2017 - 06:22 PM)

i watched his latest Netflix special. hilarious & heartbreaking at teh same time...

@  RichardT1977 : (21 October 2017 - 12:07 PM)

You know that Patton Oswalt knew he'd made it as an entertainer when people stopped asking him whether he was Pat or Oswald and where was the other one.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 10:20 AM)

He does lots of voice work, but it was young Oswalt in my dream, so I guess it was the King of Queens edition.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I only know about Patton Oswalt from Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM)

We won because Ellen kept going up the other teams and telling them to not worry about their hair looking silly in their helmets.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:10 AM)

I had a dream I was in a team kick scooter competition and the 3 people on my team were Ellen DeGeneres, Patton Oswalt, and my third grade bus driver.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

Photo
- - - - -

Rebooted Ghostbusters

1980 replies to this topic

#1 rodimus primevil

rodimus primevil

I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Citizen
  • 6541 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

Im shocked that no one has talked bout this:

If you haven't already been bombarded by this news, where have you been for the past 12 hours!?

Social media has exploded overnight with comments and tweets about Paul Feig's plans for a new female centric Ghostbusters movie, spurred on by announcements made by Sony Pictures' official social media accounts. Entertainment Weekly also has an interview with the would-be Director where he discusses his vision for a new Ghostbusters movie including rebooting the whole franchise in a completely different universe with female actresses taking the lead. The news also includes the hiring of The Heat's writer Katie Dipplod to work on the script.

Fans have been raising their concerns on social media, such as the Ghostbusters Fans Facebook page and Twitter. Before everyone gets up in arms about this movie, everyone needs to remember this important fact. We have been to this point in "Ghostbusters 3" development several times. It was only a few years ago now that Etan Cohen was hired as the writer with Ivan Reitman directing. A few years before that, it was Lee Eisenberg & Gene Stupnitsky. And for a decade before that, Dan Aykroyd was certain he had the best script for a new Ghostbusters movie.

Before jumping to rash decisions and making a bunch of ignorant comments, let's consider for a second that this doesn't actually put us any closer to a new Ghostbusters movie than we have been before. It might be fun to think about the idea, or dismiss it entirely, but whatever does come out of it will be a positive change for the Ghostbusters franchise.

From Gbfans.com

Seriously, this is devistating. Two movies and an awesome videogame: gone, never happened. Dr. Peter Venkman, Dr. Egon Spengler, and Dr. Ray Stant and Winston Zeddmore: never existed, which means also no unlicenced nuclear accelerator or traps or pke meter.

Star Ernie Hudson had this to say:

“I heard it was going to be a total reboot, and that it would have nothing to do with the other two movies. If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it’s all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters?” Hudson said, echoing a lot of fans’ opinions we’ve heard this week. But lest he be accused of also echoing a lot of fans’ opinions that other fans wish they would stop expressing, because they’re usually followed by a bunch of sexist bulljive, Hudson made it clear it’s not females he has problem with, per se. In fact, he loves females.

“I love females. I hope that if they go that way at least they’ll be funny, and if they’re not funny at least hopefully it’ll be sexy,” Hudson said of this film starring women who, if they can’t make us laugh, maybe they can work that proton pack realllll nice. Ooh yeah, trap those ectoplasmic entities, stick them in the containment system, set your entry grid, and neutronize your field like the EPA and your momma told you not to, girl. “I love the idea of including women, I think that’s great,” Hudson adds, graciously.

So am I wrong for being upset?

10374450_752965701444020_889389576316686

Edited by rodimus primevil, 12 October 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Silent Bob: Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things.

#2 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 15031 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

I don't see why it HAS to be a complete reboot, but I totally support the idea of a female cast. Imagine a bunch of female scientists and psychologists battling the supernatural? Yes, please.

The only thing I'm against is restarting the universe, but since we'll never have the original cast back together I love the all girl cast. BUT I hate that sexy ghost logo you included in the post. Not needed.

#3 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33907 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

lost a bit of respect for Hudson.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#4 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Whether You Like it or Not

• Supporter
  • 13907 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

I have no faith in Hollywood to treat an all-female cast with dignity.  But I like the idea.

Reboot is meh.  I mean, they can't take the original movie away from us, much like New Star Trek can't ever really replace Old Star Trek.  So if they want to do a fresh start, I have no issue with it.

But, you know, the sexy ghost image pretty much spells out why that would be a disaster.  Not because it's a bad idea, but because men still think with their dicks.

Also, way to keep it classy there, Hudson.  Way to keep it classy.  *facepalm*

#5 rodimus primevil

rodimus primevil

• Citizen
  • 6541 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

lost a bit of respect for Hudson.

JUst out of curiousity, why?

And before anybody jumps to any conclusions, I am not against lady busters. We've had em before. In Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, and the ongoing IDW comics all had lady busters picking up the wand. Janine, Kyle and Agent Melanie Ortiz were all capable busters. When the director who had done the Movie Bridemaids and the heat talk bout all female busters, this is what I think of:

MV5BMTIyMzU4OTE4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk2..

Melissa McCarty is not someone I wanna see in a jumpsuit.

Kristian Wiig I can deal with. When I think of female ghostbuster, I think of Emma Stone, Eliza Dushku, someone who is a strong female.

eliza.jpg

Edited by rodimus primevil, 12 October 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#6 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 15031 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Read his statement again. Its questionable at best.

#7 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17768 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

It's the reboot thing that bugs me more than anything.

No problem with the females, though something about all four of them being women just feels like stunt casting to me. Unless they're just doing a full Rule 63 reboot, and we're seeing Raye Stantz, Petra Venkman, Winnie Zeddemore, and Egonia Spengler, with John Melnitz taking calls and Louise Tully keeping books. Then I can totally get behind that.

But maybe I'm just partial to the New Ghostbusters comic with Janine, Kylie, Melanie, and Ron.

In the end, I'm not pleased with the news of ditching the old canon, but I'll wait and see how this goes and just judge it on its own merit.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 12 October 2014 - 07:12 PM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#8 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6870 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

Put me in the camp who has no problem with the idea of an all lady Ghostbusters cast, but I'm not so down with the idea of them rebooting the universe. Especially when the existing canon can absolutely accept an all-female team, be it in another city or as a "next generation" type thing.

#9 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 4581 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Oh, Ernie. Good grief.

It's hard to believe this film will ever actually exist. If it does... well, why bother throwing out the first two? It's a hundred years later, you don't need a full reboot to justify the new cast. Maybe open with a nice tribute to Harold Ramis and then let the old guys get out of the way while the new bunch get going.

#10 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 15031 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

Make it Chicago based, and have these women come into it on their own. They can come across the original team's research while looking up their own stuff. You can even do a meet up with one of the old guard to get that in there, but these charactets should have their own story to play out. It's the only way it'll stand the test of time in its own right.

#11 rodimus primevil

rodimus primevil

• Citizen
  • 6541 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

I have and so have others, its all over facebook and most gbfans accept it. Ive met Ernie and hes the nicest person.

Lets put it this way: we want this:

http://www.welovefin...romper-Judy.jpg

As opposed to this:

http://www.snazzles....umes/888607.jpg

#12 tec

tec

Stalking the dark

• Supporter
  • 26401 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

Ok I'm for an all female cast as long as the comedy is there and lets face it theres some really good lady comedians

If you cast well and not shoehorn ppl into the roles it could be fun

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#13 tec

tec

Stalking the dark

• Supporter
  • 26401 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

I have and so have others, its all over facebook and most gbfans accept it. Ive met Ernie and hes the nicest person.

Lets put it this way: we want this:

http://www.welovefin...romper-Judy.jpg

As opposed to this:

http://www.snazzles....umes/888607.jpg

Well you might not want the second one but dont speek for the rest of us :D

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#14 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10201 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

I'm another that doesn't mind the idea of a female cast, but don't really understand the need to discard the old continuity.

As long as it's not Sex in the City: Ghostbusters Edition, which I could entirely believe Hollywood would try to make.

#15 rodimus primevil

rodimus primevil

• Citizen
  • 6541 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

I'm another that doesn't mind the idea of a female cast, but don't really understand the need to discard the old continuity.

As long as it's not Sex in the City: Ghostbusters Edition, which I could entirely believe Hollywood would try to make.

Thats what were afraid of.

#16 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 37676 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

I'm in with the folks who don't understand the need for the reboot. Given how old the original cast has gotten, and that some of them have passed, how hard would it be to rip of the series intro to extreme ghostbusters, and just have the originals move on and bring in the new blood.

And the extended franchise already has lots of strong women characters, old and new. Just don't make it an hour an a half of pointless T&A and sexist uniforms.

#17 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

So am I wrong for being upset?

I don't know, but I do know that I lost all ability to take you seriously once you posted that "reboot" image.

#18 2017

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 41988 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

I don't think the film needs to be a continuity reboot.

The rest of that stuff is fine though.

PM me if you're bored!

#19 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 37676 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

Make it Chicago based, and have these women come into it on their own. They can come across the original team's research while looking up their own stuff. You can even do a meet up with one of the old guard to get that in there, but these charactets should have their own story to play out. It's the only way it'll stand the test of time in its own right.

You know what? I like the idea, if its set in the old universe, they'll have all the internet stuff to get them started, along with a few "hacked" proton pack and trap schemata.

But why the love for chicago? If they gotta set it anywhere, set it in the city that already looks like the world ended: detroit or nothing!

#20 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 15031 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

This isn't RoboCop. I'm all for post ghost Armageddon but this MIGHT not be the movie for it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users