Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Robowang : (21 September 2017 - 10:06 PM)

Ok, I can't find the "Savage on a Ravage" pic that soneone pisted. Can anyone link me to it?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM)

I'm also sure you don't sparkle like a disco ball, otherwise someone woulda run you over by now.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

anyway I don't die in sunlight, I just get tired.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

correct

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 11:46 AM)

I'm pretty sure most vampires would cause a gremlin infestation just for the giggles.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Hmm, a vampire would have a hell of a hard time getting rid of a Gremlin infestation, wouldn't he?

@  OrionPax44 : (21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM)

Well then there's yellowing but isn't that all of them. I like to leave all my TF's in a hot car all day long to let all their joints turn to jelly.

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM)

what about sunlight??

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM)

KAIJU NOT FOR SALE

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM)

don't get any water on your trypticon, and don't feed him after midnight.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM)

I've had mine for two weeks with no problems. Just don't be a hamfist with it.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM)

assuming they survive transport...

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 07:37 AM)

quiet you!

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM)

and the hips should break by Wednesday/.

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

@  Darknova4life : (20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM)

@ Robowang, Where is TR Ramhorn available for $16?

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 07:31 AM)

Besides spotty, this is the first time I've consistently seen reships of older waves months after the next 2/3 waves show up.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM)

No kidding spotty. Haven't seen of the recent waves, and I desperately want a seaspray for my brother.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 07:05 AM)

Distribution is so spotty these days that I've given in and just started ordering everything. I'm probably going to wind up with a $16 Ramhorn, too.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM)

So they've been out at regular retail hit and miss for awhile.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:50 PM)

I picked up Misfire at a Target in Mississippi in mid-August.

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM)

I think so. I checked his post history just now and he mentions buying something in North Carolina

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 05:04 PM)

A U.S. Walmart?

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 04:41 PM)

Saw someone found Misfire's wave at Walmart on Reddit. First normal retail sighting I've heard. I'm more hopeful now.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 04:04 PM)

I'm praying I will be able to find Misfire and Slugslinger at brick and mortar somehow.

@  Xellos : (19 September 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Getting the set of 3, myself. Figure I'll keep Hot Rod in package (still my fave character), and give Kup to my nephew to help expand his current fascination with Transformers.

@  Telly : (19 September 2017 - 11:56 AM)

i got slugslinger for $30 from amazon as well. i can imagine thatll be the standard price at most places since theyll jack up the price to cover having all those kup and hot rods sitting in their stores

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 08:16 AM)

Yes, I bought the $30 one on Amazon. I'd rather just pay the $30 than pay $60 and be stuck with an extra Hot Rod and Kup I can't sell.

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 07:34 AM)

Slugslinger, Misfire, and Triggerhappy look amazing together. Best of Titans Return, as far as I'm concerned.

@  Noideaforaname : (18 September 2017 - 11:32 PM)

gads, why is this site so bad at loading at times?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 September 2017 - 08:29 PM)

Thank you Hasbro for having never reissued the 2011 City Strike Destro figure...already at $32 with a week left.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 September 2017 - 07:47 PM)

Asking someone which year of "university" they're in seems so much more sophisticated than asking which year of "college" they're in.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2017 - 09:04 PM)

Hooray! It only took 8 years, but laika finally learned to NOT play with the striped kitty!

@  Bass X0 : (15 September 2017 - 04:38 PM)

It was "Take Your Laserbeak To Work Day".... well, for me it was anyway. I was getting bored of being on hold when I made calls, so wanted something to relieve the boredom.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Can you hear me now? *CRACK*

@  MEDdMI : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Pshaw, internet! Back in my day, we wrote notes, wrapped them around rocks, and threw them at each other's heads!

@  Benbot : (15 September 2017 - 03:32 PM)

That's why I used Napster at work

Photo

Supergirl TV Show - Officially Renewed, Moving to The CW

1132 replies to this topic

#21 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10061 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Well, there are advantages/disadvantages to each origin:

Supergirl I: an attempt at a clone of Superman, created from the Kryptonian birthing matrix that carried him to Earth (thus her nickname, "Mae," from "Matrix"). Problem: this requires the Post-Crisis origin (no mere rocket ship), though I guess Kal-El carrying the Kryptonian gene-MacGuffin could be used instead. The question would be how to extract it from him (or he might create Supergirl himself since he obviously finds no companionship from humans).

Supergirl II (PAD's run): Matrix-Supergirl merged with a dying human girl (Linda Danvers), and became an Earth-Born Angel. Problem: draws heavily on supernatural themes (which might make a cool crossover with Constantine, admittedly), and requires Mae to have existed (though, if they use Constantine as an in, they could sidestep the Matrix entirely and have "Supergirl" as a cosmic entity that possesses Linda).

Supergirl III: Kara Zor-El, Kal-El's cousin. This is the "iconic" Supergirl, but it naturally carries the question of "where's Superman?" The trouble here would be the choice between trying to fit it into the pre-existing Snyderverse or doing a "soft reboot" which might confuse the idiots in the audience ("so, there's a Superman, but he's not Superman? What was the movie for?" --see how people are scratching their heads over Arrow being connected to MoS being connected to the Nolan Batman movies :rolleyes ).

#22 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7449 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

I personally hope for the Kara Zor-El version or something like it.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#23 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15587 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

On the one hand I think PAD's run is probably easily the best written run on the character ever, but yeah stories are sadly predicated on the least accessible version of the character. And Kara is easily the simplest, most well known, and most iconic version of her. "Superman's younger cousin' is really what Supergirl should always be.

-ZacWilliam, they should just get PAD back and have him do a new run on the Supergirl that makes much more sense as a basis for ongoing outside media...

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#24 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 4461 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

If it ends up being some wretched teen drama, as surely it will, the cover of PAD's first issue would be a great foundation for promo images.

Attached Thumbnails

• padsg1.JPG

#25 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 14933 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Be nice if this could become CW's new Buffy.

Big shoes to fill, but that's not a bad formula.

#26 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12568 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

What do I think about this?  I say we better hope this does not become another horrible teen drama.  If it's like Smallville, I will live with that, but I will not tolerate a Supergirl show that pretends to be like Sabrina The Teenage Witch.

I don't think being like Sabrina would be a huge problem -- DC could use something fun and accessible that isn't angsty and broody (which I don't recall Sabrina being, but I never did see a lot of it). But on the whole, if we're looking for something to pattern it after, I guess a toned-down Buffy would be pretty cool. 

And yup. As much as I liked PAD's Supergirl era, I agree with Zac in that applying its storytelling strengths to the classic/iconic/simplest character iteration would be the way to go.

Just... let this be fun, guys, please.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#27 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

Hmmm, as long as it is nothing like Smallville... I would probably check it out. Arrow and Flash are stand-alone heroes who make sense in their private universe/city, but Supergirl doesn't really work without establishing Superman first.

However, I doubt they would use the movie universe... or Smallville. They will maybe even make the GASP-inducing choice to have Supergirl arrive and be active on Earth BEFORE Superman. I mean, based on what we saw from Arrow, Batman certainly doesn't exist yet, so Ollie did the whole vigilante thing first.

Cybersnark - thanks for giving a comprehensive breakdown of the three! Having read iconic stories featuring them but not the whole DC run, I never understood why there were so many origins for her - I thought she ALWAYS was Supes' cousin, like in TAS, since that made the most sense. I remember seeing her as an angel in the Emperor Joker story and not knowing what the heck that was... or seeing her seemingly just being introduced in the Superman-Batman Public Enemies spinoff as if she was a new character. (Never understood whether those stories were canon or not, 'cause they seem to contradict prior events as much as the new 52 reboot did). What does PAD stand for, though?

I have to disagree on that maruten.

I enjoyed Snyders MoS despite its flaws.

Kellys WW comes across a self-righteous psycho who will torture and beatdown anyone who gets in her way because she is in the right. The police are incompetant, the media adores her and believes she can do no wrong. Plus she has three seperate identities.

Agreed. it was basically Frank Miller's version of Wonder Woman, except, y'know, the 'being a prostitute' part. "Pants to be darkened!" :D

Edited by BB Shockwave, 09 September 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#28 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Digital Knight-Mite! Crusading in a Cape!

• Citizen
  • 9238 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:08 AM

What about Arrow makes you think Batman isn't active yet? There's nothing in-show that leans one way or the other barring that brief blink and you'll miss it Harley Quinn in the Suicide Squad episode.

Having Supergirl arrive before Superman. Wouldn't that just create more headaches for the DC universe on screen? I mean, you'd end up giving her a very Superman ish evolution as she gets raised to be good while discovering her powers and making her superhero identity right? Rather than have him be the mentor who shows her the ropes.

fslookup.jpg

#29 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

Just common logic. Cops would mention that "now we have a nutter vigilante like Gotham does" and "at least ours dresses as Robin Hood and not as Dracula". :D It's what'd happen.

#30 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15587 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

thanks for giving a comprehensive breakdown of the three! Having read iconic stories featuring them but not the whole DC run, I never understood why there were so many origins for her - I thought she ALWAYS was Supes' cousin, like in TAS, since that made the most sense. I remember seeing her as an angel in the Emperor Joker story and not knowing what the heck that was... or seeing her seemingly just being introduced in the Superman-Batman Public Enemies spinoff as if she was a new character. (Never understood whether those stories were canon or not, 'cause they seem to contradict prior events as much as the new 52 reboot did). What does PAD stand for, though?

Well before Crisis she always was Superman's cousin. What happened is with the post-Crisis reinvention of Superman one of DC's big points was that he be the ONLY survivor of Krypton. So when they eventually got around to wanting to use Supergirl they had to create one that was non-kryptonian. That lead to a weird and rather convoluted origin for Matrix-Supergirl. Then many years later when that version of the character had kinda run its boring course PAD reinvented her in his new series by merging her with Linda and adding the Supernatural/Angel stuff. This was a great series but the merging took the already complicated and counter intuitive Matrix origin and added a complicated supernatural layer of separate complication.

And then one day a DC exec. (was it Dido? I don't recall) rode a DC theme park ride that had everybody's origin illustrated in a panel or two on the wall and realized that Supergirl's origin of the time was a huge mess that you could never explain well in an iconic image or two like that and decided that had to be fixed. So they got rid of the previous Supergirl (I forget how) and reintroduced Kara as if she were a new concept.

Anyway PAD is Peter (Aaron) David a popular comic writer best known for long runs on The Incredible Hulk, Aquaman, and X-factor among other books and a big swath of Star Trek novels.

-ZacWilliam, back in Middle and High School he was probably my favorite author of all time but I have to admit I sadly haven't kept up with many of his books for the last decade or so...   

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 09 September 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#31 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10061 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Harley means that Batman kinda has to exist in the Arrowverse, since Harley requires the Joker to both (A) exist and (B) have been sent to Arkham at least once. It might be early enough in his career that people still think he's an urban legend, though.

And Kara doesn't need Superman as much as you'd think: unlike Kal-El, she was old enough to be active on Krypton, so the bulk of her education could've happened there.

This doesn't even need to be in the Arrowverse; they could skip ahead to when Superman is already well-established and have Supergirl as his apprentice (having to struggle with all the things he's already mastered), leaving Clark as a supporting character.

Hell, they could even do a "Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes" thing and have this series take place in the far future.

#32 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7449 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

It can be like the New 52. Batman was the first costumed hero. He existed for about 5 years before Superman but was considered a myth.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#33 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15587 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

"It can be like the new 52" is not really a phrase I want DC to have echoing in their heads.

-ZacWilliam, I mean I'm sure it could but...

#34 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Digital Knight-Mite! Crusading in a Cape!

• Citizen
  • 9238 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

Plus, as far as Batman, they can only mention him in show if allowed to be the higher ups. I think.

Good points on Supergirl. I didn't think of it that way. I'm kindof showing my lack of Supergirl comic knowledge again.

fslookup.jpg

#35 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15587 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

And apparently this just got a series order from CBS. Not a pilot order, but a full series order, which apparently means it's pretty much a lock to air.

-ZacWilliam, weird. I would have pegged this as the series least likely to go forward...

#36 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7449 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

How I Met Your Kryptonian Mother?

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#37 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2574 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

No, "NCSI: Argo City"

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22642 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

No, "NCSI: Argo City"

"NCSI"?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#39 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 14933 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Ncis + csi

#40 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8668 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

And apparently this just got a series order from CBS. Not a pilot order, but a full series order, which apparently means it's pretty much a lock to air.

Are there are actually going to end up being DC comics-based shows on every US broadcast network? CW has Arrow and Flash, Fox has Gotham, NBC has Constantine, and now this one on CBS. 

Although I guess ABC being owned by Disney means they're probably not going to get one of their own, huh? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users