Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (22 November 2019 - 07:32 AM)

"any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks" By golly gee I do wonder why employers are so keen to make sure they don't get sued.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:01 AM)

It's basically the same as someone tricking you into signing a contract you have no need for. Smart employees with balls just respond to such an offer with "You want to terminate me? For what reason exactly?"

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:00 AM)

And on average, a wrongful termination lawsuit, though more of a strain for the employee, will often result in better conditions (worst case: a settlement fee; best case: employment reinstated by the court) than whatever nonsense the employer is putting in the termination agreement.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:58 AM)

That's obviously complete bull. Under German law, any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks. A termination agreement... is a binding contract.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:57 AM)

A very nasty tactic by many German employers: Inviting an employee to a talk out of the blue, suggesting that things don't look good and a termination (for whatever reason) is about to happen, but they're being "nice" and offer the employee a termination agreement to end the working relationship on "good terms".

@  Ashley : (22 November 2019 - 02:12 AM)

what manufacturer is that? I'm trying to find a US source

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/other-action-figures-and-playsets/alien-queen/p/185041

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

I've already found the best toy of 2020: a foot tall, fully articulated (20 points) Alien Queen for a fraction of what Neca or anyone else would charge

@  Telly : (21 November 2019 - 09:46 PM)

no minerva toys until i get my devcon :p

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 November 2019 - 08:28 PM)

Paladin keeps saying this every time they reveal another toy of an early character, including the first Earthrise reveals even though that had Micromasters.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 03:20 PM)

I'll concede the Titan Masters, but Magnus Prime is an existing mold, Liokaiser is a set of repaints, and Metalhawk is a repaint and prominently featured in IDW.

@  Cyoti : (21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM)

And Ginrai aka "Magnus Prime, Metalhawk, "Liokaiser", etc. The real characters that Warden actually doesn't know about are the late EuroUK characters like the Turbomasters/Predators

@  Sabrblade : (21 November 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Warden and Friends did give us a Lione (Sawback) and a Shuffler

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 07:26 AM)

Or prominently featured in IDW, or an easy repaint of an existing toy.

@  Paladin : (21 November 2019 - 07:12 AM)

was she in the first 3 seasons of the cartoon? If not then she's on no one's list because they don't think she exists.

@  Cyoti : (20 November 2019 - 11:23 PM)

It's probably stuck on the low priority end of Warden's to-do list.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 November 2019 - 10:45 PM)

Because the only full-body Nightbeat was that Bumblebee with a new head one.

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

Photo

The Tick returns to live action!

96 replies to this topic

#61 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:16 PM

I can see them playing with the idea that other people think the Tick is a figment of Arthur's imagination (probably his sister), but yeah, having him actually be a Tyler Durden seems like a bridge too far.

#62 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9397 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

The pilot was directed by Wally Pfister, who is Christopher Nolan's most often-used cinematographer.

That certainly explains quite a bit about the pilot's visual tone...

Edited by Sprocket, 24 August 2016 - 05:10 PM.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#63 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:13 AM

I saw it. I could totally go for Tick being a figment of Arthur's imagination or no one believing Tick is real. Maybe they can mute that thug saying he saw a blue guy or it was really Arthur just bombing the place while wearing a blue ski mask.

Who's the evil woman? Didn't hear a name.

The hero with his hands broken will probably be return somehow.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#64 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17081 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

Well, one possible plot thread would be that the Tick was the surviving member of Flag Five who underwent experimental treatment to restore his eyes and hands, but it cost him his grip on reality.  I expect it would turn out to not be the case, but could be milked as a subplot for a few episodes.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#65 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9223 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

I never saw it in this thread, but Amaszon did order a full season.

#66 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8697 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

They did?!? SpooooOOOOoooon!!!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#67 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26096 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

August 25th.  Spoon!

http://deadline.com/...zon-1202077678/

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#68 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13652 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

SPOOOOOONN!

You know, i had kindof accepted that this wasn't getting a series. Glad i was wrong.

fslookup.jpg

#69 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66038 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

https://www.amazon.c...4ML22B*1Mf10w--

ACItEK8.png

#70 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9397 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Nobody watch this yet?

I was pleasantly surprised. And they even gave Townsend Coleman a small role!

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#71 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10681 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Just starting episode 4 now... so far I'm really enjoying it.  I never really watched the old cartoon or original live-action series, but I'm really liking this take.  It's bizarre, amusing, a bit dark, and pretty endearing.  The casting and production values are also pretty impressive.

EDIT: And done.  Really hoping we get more episodes soon.  I think Ms. Lint was one of my favourite things about the series... really loved the "supervillain trying to adapt to a less super life" thing, and her living situation was pretty amusing.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 26 August 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#72 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5428 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

Binged it last night. Really fun take on the characters.

If they can keep the writing quality up, I think it might just end up my favorite incarnation of the franchise.

#73 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14172 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

4 eps in.  I'm really enjoying this take.  Everyone is so dark and life is hellish and then there's this big blue guy who is just so goddamn positive all the time.  It's fantastic.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#74 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

posting from Iceplanet

• Supporter
  • 62289 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

I absolutely loved this... Best free downloaded show of the summer.! 

#75 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6710 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

They fixed all my gripes from the pilot. Suit correct color blue and doesntnmhave the terrible lump texture. The new shots, and most the shots\blocking make him look larger. There shot at the Fight Club theory where hilarious. He also sounds much more natural in the role, and a good fit for the tick.

Edited by ultra magnus13, 26 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.

I finally got rid of that big white box.

#76 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26096 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

That's WAY too much of a cliffhanger for a Season finale. It doesn't feel like a complete arc of a story has been told.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#77 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23072 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Apparently it's one season in two parts, with the second part airing... dunno. So, basically, yeah, one very short season. I watched two episodes before realizing I was already halfway through!

I really like the changes from the pilot--better suit, a little less dark and a little more comic in tone--but it feels like I'm halfway through a Tick movie right now. I'd prefer it were a bit more episodic. They said "season 1 part 2" is sort of another arc, so I guess that's just how it's going to be.

It's really interesting to me that Ben Edlund created this thing as a 12-issue black-and-white comic in the 80s, and in the 30 years since then he's personally adapted it into three very different TV shows. A G-rated Saturday Morning cartoon, a PG-13 live-action sitcom, and now an R-rated live-action dramedy. Each iteration has felt so distinct, yet each one has kept the core superhero satire intact and had its first episode written by the same dude. It's pretty impressive.

#78 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10681 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, it's supposed to be a 12 episode season.  I hope Amazon doesn't take another year to get the next six out.  I think they have a real winner with this series, and I'm eager to see more.

#79 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4326 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

I celebrated the release by discovering the Patrick Warburton series was available to stream again and watching that. 

#80 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26096 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Spoon!

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users