Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

New JoJo villain, GoGio

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

Is this a Jojo?

@  Nevermore : (25 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

Now I suddenly have a character with the name "Gorgeous Georgios" in mind.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 April 2021 - 04:00 PM)

H A -

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2021 - 01:58 PM)

Saint Georgios Day?

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 04:28 PM)

Please, maple syrup can only improve alot of content.

@  Donocropolis : (21 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

Well, not release it into Canada, no. You'd just get maple syrup all over it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2021 - 03:21 PM)

what bothers me most about Canadian rights is that, oftentimes, the rights holders for certain content don't even seem to have any interest in releasing it

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 10:46 AM)

It'd be mostly the same even in a world with global copyright law, since even the shortest terms are very long.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 10:39 AM)

You got me, I just want to watch cartoons without having to pirate them for once.

Photo
- - - - -

Tatakae! Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformer (G1 Seasons 1-2) coming to Blu-ray in Japan, also re-releases of HM/MF/V on DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Buster Darkwings

Buster Darkwings
  • Citizen
  • 3447 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

http://snakas.blog95...entry-4009.html

So, G1 Seasons 1-2 (and presumably Season 3/2010 at a later date) will be coming to Blu-ray in Japan this winter.  No other details appear to be known at the moment, but I'm sure it will be at least 50,000 yen (around $500) for all of S1-S2, and they'll probably split it up into 2 box sets.

I figured that Japan would be getting G1 on Blu-ray before the US though, considering they were the first to get most TF shows on DVD.

I really hope that it's not just an upscale of the old Laserdisc masters they've been using since the 90's, and that it's not just the Japanese dub.  But including the original English audio would be somewhat difficult given that the Japanese versions have minor cuts to the episodes.  We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Buster Darkwings, 19 August 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#2 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52909 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hopefully it's new masters and Shout releases it for us at some point.

card-strongarm.jpg

#3 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Really hope they are not just upscales and we get them in the west at some point

#4 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32407 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Why would Shout! Factory release this? It's just the Japanese dub of G1 seasons 1-2. The script mostly adhered to the English version anyway, with any changes being minor.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9675 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Is there extant source material that's better than 480p?  With TFTM, there were film negatives.  Is there any such thing for the TV show?

#6 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24893 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Why would Shout! Factory release this? It's just the Japanese dub of G1 seasons 1-2. The script mostly adhered to the English version anyway, with any changes being minor.

I think by "it" he meant the theoretical "new masters" mentioned in the same sentence, not the upcoming Japanese blu-rays specifically.

Edited by Naas, 20 August 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#7 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52909 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

I think by "it" he meant the theoretical "new masters" mentioned in the same sentence, not the upcoming Japanese blu-rays specifically.

Ja.

card-strongarm.jpg

#8 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'll have to see what extras are included and the quality of the video before i replace the DVD's. Good news about headmasters/masterforce/victory coming out again as the original sets are super expensive, they probably will just do what they did with fight super robot life and 2010 recently and reissue the same disks from early 2000s in new packaging.

TFlogo.png

Digital archive of Historic Transformers Media.

Featuring rare Production documents, Promos, Manga and Episodes

Recent Additions

Transformers G1 "Webworld" Partial Storyboard

Transformers Headmasters "Mystery of The Headmasters" Cassette

Transformers Promotional Media Guide

#9 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Is there extant source material that's better than 480p?  With TFTM, there were film negatives.  Is there any such thing for the TV show?

"Yes, but..."

Rhino went back to the film for their G1 sets, since the tape masters were shot. Problem is that the film masters are not exactly complete - they don't include retakes and other fixes, so they're (even more) error-sprewn...

#10 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 3050 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

"Yes, but..."

Rhino went back to the film for their G1 sets, since the tape masters were shot. Problem is that the film masters are not exactly complete - they don't include retakes and other fixes, so they're (even more) error-sprewn...

What they used were likely workprints. Rhino being Rhino, they just went with it. Bleh.

Anyway, it'll be interesting what the Japanese will come up with. Especially the sound mix. Hopefully we'll get isolated music tracks (ala 60's Twilight Zone bluray, for example). :)

Edited by D.M, 20 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#11 Buster Darkwings

Buster Darkwings
  • Citizen
  • 3447 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

So it's actually "robot" now?  Did Bandai trademark 合金?

?

"Robot" has always been part of the Japanese title.