Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Elite: Dangerous

83 replies to this topic

#41 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

Over the past week I've become convinced that I NEED this game. I'm gonna grab it on Steam next payday and see how well I can run it. I'd just go with the PS4 version, but I'd like to play online every now and then and really don't want PSPlus (and my PS4 is shared with family, while my PC is mine alone, so I could play aaaany time).

#42 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

It's maybe not a game you'll play for long sittings, or even weeks at a time. But it IS a game you will always come back to.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#43 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

I dunno, with my personality and habits I can see at least a 1 or 2 week solid binge at the start, unless I just really can't get into it like I think I can. "Maybe the next star will have something cool! Or the next star! OR THE NEXT STAR!" I'm the type that goes "just one more area/battle/etc" and then realizes it's 5am (and two days later).

I can see being even more into it when they eventually introduce ship interiors. Being able to pop inside my ship and see my little living area and such between star-hopping really, really appeals to me. It'd be like having a usable motorhome in a GTA-style sandbox game, or the rare times you get an airship/boat with an actual interior in an RPG.

#44 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

It's a bit of a slow burn at first. Try not to let that discourage you.

#45 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Aye. Once you get out of your sidewinder(or at least massively upgrade it), the game gets much more interesting.

#46 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

Didn't have a real long time to play today, but did manage to locate one water world, three terraform targets and one ammonia world.

Only got one screenshot for today, but, at least for me, it's something I've never seen before.

I give you Synookio QX-U c2-7 4(left) & Synookio QX-U c2-7 3(upper right).  First time I've seen a ringed water world and it had a companion ringed gas giant to boot:

UvNC99h.png

Currently at 13,906 light years from my destination.

Edited by Zedoben, 30 July 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#47 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:41 PM

So I took a mission to eliminate some pirates. Damn things keep jumping into hyperspace. Also I can't seem to approach effectively in supercruise. I keep under or overshooting. Any tips?

#48 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

Best trick for supercruise is to keep throttling down as you get closer to your target.  Try to get it to where it stays around 7 to 10 seconds out according to the ETA marker until you're within range for a targeted drop(safe disengage).

As far as them jumping out at low health, i'm not sure.

#49 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:08 AM

10+ hours of downloading and installation later, plus a few hours of playtime, so here are my thoughts before I hop in bed and pass out:

-It runs surprisingly great considering my CPU doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I'm playing offline and haven't hopped into any asteroid belts or anything else graphically intense, though, so that could change.

-Auto Dock is my sweetheart. I'm gonna propose to it. Srsly. Landing isn't too bad if I take my time, but sometimes just FINDING the pad or the entrance to a station is an adventure. I flew around one of those dodecahedron stations for half an hour before I finally found the damn door. Eeghuh.

-Related to the above in a way, I've decided to abandon weaponry and focus on defense and getting-the-hell-outta-there, partly because I can't control things very well yet, and partly because just spotting a ship from a distance is kind of difficult for me. Maybe later when I have more experience.

-Related to THAT in a way, I bought myself a Hauler. I've gotten lucky so far and haven't been spotted while doing my handful of trading missions/deliveries, but I have had some attempted muggings elsewhere (because I forgot I had some electronics in my cargo bay. I randomly bought them and couldn't find anywhere nearby with demand, so they slipped my mind). A few of the delivery missions paid well, so I grabbed this chunky little ship and gave it some nice upgrades. I haven't flown it yet, so I dunno how it handles, but the shields, cargo, and jump distance are all pretty nicely upgraded now.

Next time: more delivery boy adventures on the way to big bucks and an eventual exploration setup.

Edited by Boss Borot, 02 August 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#50 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

Mail slots are always planetside.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#51 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Eager to get back in game myself. Unfortunately I've got two weeks to finish a little game jam game and if yesterday was any indication, I'm not gonna have much time for anything else.

#52 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Ended up playing tonight instead of coding.  Glad I did because I FINALLY found an Earth like planet outside of the bubble.  Also ended up finding one terraform target and three water worlds.

Here's Synookio AL-P d5-8 2 my first Earth like:

Csd3YWv.png

Shot of Synookio AH-U c16-37 1  Only about 9 light seconds from it's star.

EqACRqo.png

and finally Synookio VZ-R b45-2 1 with its companion Synookio VZ-R b45-2 2 appearing right above its horizon:

AskM7uT.png

Forgot to check my distance to Sag A* before logging, but my guess is I'm about 600ly closer than I was when I started.

Edited by Zedoben, 02 August 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#53 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Decided to take a break from the sightseeing camera in order to make faster progress towards the core.  I did break down and take one shot, though.

Here is Pueloe VL-K b22-32 BC 1 a the moon of Pueloe VL-K b22-32 BC 1 and the two brown dwarves they orbit:

zLOh7nN.png

I've passed the halfway point, just 12,181 light years to go.  The bubble is around 13,000 light years away.  If I decide to turn back to civilization now, it will probably mean a trip to Colonia, which is now the closest human settlement.

#54 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Got a bit closer to the core tonight.  Still quite a ways to go.

Blu Ain XH-I c23-165 A 3:

s7Twnd7.png

To the core:

Av8Kngh.png

10,183 light years to go.  I'm halfway through the Norma arm, should just about reach the Near 3kpc arm during the next leg and then it's time to enter the core.

#55 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

I bought a Diamondback Explorer the other day, and I've just been drifting around, going wherever my missions lead me. I've unlocked a few engineers, and my next goal will probably be grinding out Sirius rep so I can get access to the system.

And wow, tooling around in a Scarab is a BLAST. Even though I started with the equipment, I didn't bother using it until I reached Maia and decided to find the alien base in a nearby system. The little rover is seriously fun to drive.

#56 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Kinda regret not going with the diamondback at this point.  I had the cash, but went with the Cobra instead.

The Cobra seemed a bit more well rounded at the time, but it just doesn't have the range of the Diamondback Explorer.  I could have cut several jumps per leg if I had made the other choice.

#57 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Ah hell..I've just spent all week buttering up the wrong Sirius Corp for the system permit. I really should've checked more thoroughly BEFORE getting Allied status. :D :burn

NEXT DAY UPDATE:

I spammed the data courier missions between Sothis and Ceos, got allied with the actual Sirius Corp (and most of the other powers in those two systems :thumbsup ), got my invite to Sirius, got my invite to Qwent's base, gave him his stupid gear, and upgraded him until I finally finally unlocked the first bit of Prof. Palin's invite.

I'm gonna do some of the weekly quest, then prep for the 5000ly journey needed to get the invite from Palin himself.

Edited by Boss Borot, 18 August 2017 - 07:50 PM.

#58 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Finally did it!!! Made it to Sagittarius A*!!!!

Just under 11,400 ly to civilization(Colonia)

#59 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Nice! I've been planning a trip to Colonia myself, but I haven't played more than a few minutes since the last update. Just too much other stuff going on for this time-sink. Someday soon I need to open the game, put on some Netflix in the background, and just get lost in space.

#60 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

So I just picked up the PS4 version, and having problems with... well.. flying. Seems I can't turn fast enough for the combat missions. Anyone know if PC flightstick may work on it?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users