Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Elite: Dangerous

83 replies to this topic

#21 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Right then... I need a new binding set, because the one I used does not come with SRV controls. I got stuck in my scarab. I was switching back and forth between the default t-flight controls and my set, alternating between controlling the systems and being able to drive...

Right, got it all worked out, and made some coin in the process. Just need to fix this...

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#22 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Tonight was a bit more profitable than last night.  Found one ammonia world and the last system I stopped in had 4 terraformable worlds.  Almost lost it all though when I accidentally put my ship in silent running while trying to line up a screenshot.  Took a bit of heat damage from that....

First up is Plaa Ain PO-Z c13-29 AB 2:

cZwWjqc.jpg

Here is the ammonia world Plaa Ain CO-O b33-21 A 6:

iZAmCY6.jpg

Took a shot inside the rings of Plaa Ain GU-M b34-13 4:

LS1GQ2B.jpg

Decided to end tonight's leg orbiting Plaa Ain VP-G d10-280 6:

zKsXLE7.jpg

Still have a little over 15,800ly till I reach my destination.

#23 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

I'm balking at jumping 20 ly, and you're literally crossing the known universe.

#24 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

Well my max jump range is just over 23ly so it's slow going. Upshot is if I make it back to civilization, I'll have enough credits from selling the data for a fully tricked out asp explorer with a jump range over 30ly. Once I gather the right resources, I can get Farseer to modify my fsd to get close to 50ly.

Edited by Zedoben, 23 July 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#25 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48047 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

So can this be played with a mouse and keyboard or is a joystick/controller really recommended? Because you guys are doing great at selling me this thing.

#26 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

Personally, I'd recommend a hotas setup, but I've heard it's playable without one. Thankfully my 11 year old x52 still worked, even after 5 years stored in a musty basement.

#27 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

You CAN play with mouse and keyboard... but gameplay is MADE with a flight stick and throttle. Get a nice one, with a good number of buttons, and you'll basically be set once you find a bindings set that works for you.

Made a small fortune running some wine around, then did some data runs. Mostly easy stuff just to get keep kitting out my sidewinder and get used to my new key bindings. Managed to bump my jump range to just under 10LY, and actually opened up some of the universe in the process. Seemed like I stuck in a corner which required an upgraded ship to get away from the 5 or so systems lumped together. Now I'm foot loose and fancy free, and thinking on maybe buying into a nice new ship.

Okay... so I only want a new ship cause I've had mexican for the last three days and my current boat smells like a packet of dried roasted peanuts.

#28 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Just be aware of the steep learning curve. I'd recommend watching a tutorial vid on YouTube to get you started.

#29 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

Had a bit of time before heading to work so I went and finished up the current 1kly leg of my trip before I had to set another waypoint.  Lots of brown dwarves and planetless systems, so no screenshots this time around.

Thought about looking for a neutron star to supercharge my FSD so I can make a 100ly jump, but saw that my FSD is at 81% integrity and decided not to risk it.

Next waypoint is set and I should be able to play for a longer tomorrow.  HOPEFULLY I'll find my first Earth-like soon.

#30 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Ran some more courier missions, banked some coin and bought some upgrades. My next step after some more work is to find a new nice ship I like. Also found out how to change the HUD colours in this update, so I'm slowly trying those to figure out what I like.

Oh yeah, real quick before I forget again: is witch space whispering at anyone else?

#31 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

At this point, I regularly have full conversations with witch space. He/she/it has quite the sense of humor, either that or I've been away from civilization for too long.

#32 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

Picked this up last night. I'm playing it on PS4 and using the dual shock for control. It definitely takes getting used to, but after about an hour I was fairly comfortable with the default controls. re-binding everything seemed intimidating so I just left it at default. Did the training tutorials, got used to landing and takeoff. Landing is VERY picky so I'm sure I'll be back to practicing that again. Combat is fun when the opponents are weak enough. I can't seem to figure out how to turn around quickly enough but I'm thinking that will be remedied by a better ship sometime down the line. Now I'm just looking for my first mission, something easy to get me started. Overall I like what I'm seeing and it's good to know that this is just the tip of the iceberg content-wise. Sadly there's no cross play yet between platforms.

#33 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

Most ships have a much faster pitch and roll than yaw. Try rolling in the direction you want to turn and then pitch up.

Upgrading your thrusters will also help.

#34 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Picked this up last night. I'm playing it on PS4 and using the dual shock for control. It definitely takes getting used to, but after about an hour I was fairly comfortable with the default controls. re-binding everything seemed intimidating so I just left it at default. Did the training tutorials, got used to landing and takeoff. Landing is VERY picky so I'm sure I'll be back to practicing that again. Combat is fun when the opponents are weak enough. I can't seem to figure out how to turn around quickly enough but I'm thinking that will be remedied by a better ship sometime down the line. Now I'm just looking for my first mission, something easy to get me started. Overall I like what I'm seeing and it's good to know that this is just the tip of the iceberg content-wise. Sadly there's no cross play yet between platforms.

If you want, find an outfitter with a landing computer. Once it's installed (make sure it's actually turned on on the system panel.), it'll automate the landing process. I used it for my first little while to get used to the motions and orientations, then I ditched it and haven't looked back.

#35 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

I may do that once I find one. In the meantime I played around with re-binding and found swapping the roll and yaw defaults felt much more natural to me, i.e. Pitch and yaw on the left stick and roll on the right. I found it helped in combat. Also using the alternate flight controls for landing made it slightly easier.

#36 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

Wine, wine, wine, wine... seems like all I do is shlep midly toxic grape juice around. I got guns! I got shields! I just got into a system with low conflict zones! Let's go sweat out some bloodlust... Maybe up my fighter rating in the process.

#37 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

After some issues with the route planner, I'm back on my journey.  Just found a binary system that looks promising.  Hopefully it has some nice worlds.

#38 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

Outside of a lone water world, nothing of high value tonight.  Did get some decent shots, though.

First up is Eodgols RE-P b19-23 2:

qpqn5Tm.png

On to Eodgols CW-E c11-108 A 3 a:

pjucKAg.png

Next is Eodgols YS-O b33-1 1:

RblONvM.png

Finally Eodgols CZ-M b34-26 1:

P3tyzwo.png

Another shot from inside the rings:

kBAJRsL.png

Just 14,691 light years to go.

#39 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Had a much more profitable run today.  Five terraform targets, so at least 2 million credits alone just from those.

First up is Eodgols QF-N c20-42 1:

vun0ND7.png

On to Eodgols YR-J c22-38 1:

KgLrmQO.png

And finally Eodgols GI-B d13-233 5:

YPqWisg.png

I'm now 14,175 Light Years from Sagittarius A*.

#40 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

I hopped into a low conflict zone, managed to kill some wanted dude... but his friends took offense to that and aced me back. The bounty was 24K credits, and the respawn cost me 22K. So, yeah...

Went back to running courier jobs and shlepping cargo for a while, thought to spring for some upgrades. Found myself in another system in conflict, and decided to try my hand again. Pop into the low conflict zone, and it's a scene straight out of star wars. Lazers and missiles everywhere, ships blowing up... Start tapping the targetting key to find my first hunt "system navy", nope, not it. "System navy", "system navy", "System defense force"... wait, aren't those two the same thing? Keep watching for a bit, and "System Navy" is actually fighting "system defense force"... turns out I walked into a civil war. I wasn't getting any of that on me. Cruise back to a dock, refuel, grab another contract and jet out of the system.

I'm thinking I need to find an anarchy system, and just put something half valuable in the hold, and let nature take it's course.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users