Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The Official Unofficial Allspark Transgender Thread: Everyone is welcome!

transgender gender identity

2608 replies to this topic

#81 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50172 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

I really don't know what socially acceptable responses there are to Kira's picture that don't reinforce stereotypes on some level, and I feel rather awkwardly like the picture is being presented for scrutiny in a way that requires response, but responses seem overly personal in context .... 

Whatever. Kira Kira, I'd like to observe in the least boundary-unaware way available that you are, in fact, quite an attractive lady, and separately, in an on-topic way, that I do find the contrast between the first two images really surprising.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 03 July 2014 - 04:39 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#82 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16316 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Oh, and the HRT also changes the libido and stops spontaneous erections. Which is very convenient, lol

Interesting. I always thought it was an odd thing that guys get those anyway.

But yeh just stumbled into this thread, and I'm interested in learning more about gender identites here.

I'd never came across some of the terms used here before. I guess despite never being an especially "manly" man I'm definatley Cisgender/cissexual. I am somewhat frigid around women though, but thats more of a self confidence thing I think because I'm definately attracted to them .

#83 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

First off I in no way want to make anyone here feel awkward! While I would appreciate positive comments on my photos (and who wouldn't want that sort of positive feedback?) I didn't post them only to seek praise.
I was hoping that:
a) Other members would jump on the throwbackthursday thing.
b) Show the other trans women in this thread the effects of hormones.
c) Maybe inspire some other members who might be afraid to post photos that it's ok, and there would be no negativity given.
d) Receive some positive feedback on how my transition is going physically.

So yeah, Copper no need to dance around words. If you want to say "Kira, you're pretty!" just say it! That sort of thing isn't offensive and in fact cam brighten someone's day! (in this case mine, ha)

And yeah between the first two pics the only difference are really A LOT of makeup, different clothes, and different hairstyle. Shows how easy it can be to change someone's perception of your gender. (though in full disclosure in the photo on the right I was on a "trial run" of hormones for 3 weeks, but the physical changes are negligible for that short amount of time)
Looking for Combiner Hunters Chromia and Arcee! If you can help plz pm me

My Amazon wish list~! http://a.co/4lE2Xrw

#84 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22926 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

c) Maybe inspire some other members who might be afraid to post photos that it's ok, and there would be no negativity given.

That's the other reason why I'm nervous to do so.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#85 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

People always post while I'm typing my responses! Grrr...

Oh, and the HRT also changes the libido and stops spontaneous erections. Which is very convenient, lol

Interesting. I always thought it was an odd thing that guys get those anyway.

But yeh just stumbled into this thread, and I'm interested in learning more about gender identites here.
I'd never came across some of the terms used here before. I guess despite never being an especially "manly" man I'm definatley Cisgender/cissexual. I am somewhat frigid around women though, but thats more of a self confidence thing I think because I'm definately attracted to them .
Well welcome! I hope you enjoy learning with all of us!

I just want to point out something. You said you're attracted to women as if that's a reason you are cisgender and not transgender BUT sexual identity and gender identity are different and separate concepts. For example I'm pansexual (which is basically like being bisexual, except I'm more open to gender variable people) and I have friends who are both trans women and diehard lesbians.
So you would say you're a straight, cisgender man... expressing two separate concepts that make you.
Also, yeah, girls cam be terrifying! But I also find guys terrifying, so that shows how attraction can scare us.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Alexis, don't feel pressured but I can almost certainly assure you that no one will harass you. The rules of the Allspark still apply here, and mods don't like trolling.
But again you don't have to post if you're really afraid. The last thing I want is for you to feel uncomfortable, kiddo!

Edited by Kira Kira, 03 July 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#86 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16316 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Sorry, I should have elaborated on that. I realise there is a distinction between sexual and gender identity.

I didn't mean I'm cisgender because I'm attracted to women. I feel comfortable with my body/gender too, its just some of the sociatal expectations on men that I don't identify with (being strong, vulgar, reckless etc) but I don't idetify more with female stereotypes (aside from enjoying power ballads :D)

Sorry if I'm not making much sense I;ve had a few drinks. :D

#87 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Kira,

First, thank you tremendously for putting yourself out there with this thread and being willing to be a voice for a community that most of us have little exposure to. I can't imagine the amount of courage that takes.

Second, I'm hoping that you can expand upon a couple of issues that you've already alluded to. You've mentioned how much more of a beneficial impact that HRT can have if started before puberty. As a parent, how would you suggest I keep an open environment for my children to be able to express any potential gender dysphoria concerns? And, given you alluded to some people finding HRT or other gender reassignment techniques to create for them a gender that seems equally a poor fit to their biological one, how would I begin to help my child determine the right course of action? When are they old enough to have a firm grasp of their desired gender?

Big questions, I know, but I'd love to hear any insight you might be willing to share. :)

Edit: Of course, Alexis is also in a unique position to offer thoughts on these questions, and her contemporary thoughts would be very much appreciated as well. :)

Edited by Shattered, 03 July 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#88 2016 II

2016 II

Gone.

• Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Sorry, this isn't really answering you, but:

As a parent, how would you suggest I keep an open environment for my children to be able to express any potential gender dysphasia concerns?

"Dysphoria" is a state of distress and dissatisfaction.  "Dysphasia" is an inability to speak due to brain damage.  The words are fairly similar, but it's probably not the best mix-up to make. >_<

Tired of this forum shitting on me.

#89 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Sorry, auto-correct. Didn't even catch that it changed my word.

#90 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thanks a ton, Shattered!

I'm actually a person who has been very controlled by her anxieties and fears, so hearing everyone say I'm courageous is very heartening. I feel like with all of your support backing me up that I can actually be that courageous woman!

You've mentioned how much more of a beneficial impact that HRT can have if started before puberty. As a parent, how would you suggest I keep an open environment for my children to be able to express any potential gender dysphoria concerns?

OK, so first off the easy one: let your child play with whatever toy they want to play with. I'm sure you're doing this already, and is really just good parenting IMO. Next I'd maybe explain to my child that they shouldn't be afraid to tell you anything, that they can tell you any secret, and that you will love them unconditionally. Actually saying this can mean a lot, even if you feel that's already the relationship you have with them.

Other than that I can't really say because they will be the ones leading where everything goes. As a parent the most you can do is be open minded and receptive!

And, given you alluded to some people finding HRT or other gender reassignment techniques to create for them a gender that seems equally a poor fit to their biological one, how would I begin to help my child determine the right course of action?

Did I suggest that? I guess some people discover they really aren't transgender after starting HRT, or god forbid, after they've had Sexual Reassignment Surgery (SRS)... but that's really not something for you as a parent to worry about. I'm assuming your child is young and at any age before puberty and form of transition is going to purely be a non-permanent. I believe that HRT for pre-pubescent trans children is only started around the time actual puberty would start.

If your child says outright "I'm a girl/I'm a boy" (whichever is the opposite of their assigned birth gender) then the thing to do is start treating them as such. Clothes can be very gendered so ask them if they'd like to try wearing their opposite gender's clothes around the house. Make sure they know it's safe!
And if they aren't outright saying something like that to you then keep your eyes open for the subtler signs, and reinforce them. Your boy likes to wear his hair long? Don't make him cut it too short. Your girl wants her hair short?  Same thing.

I bring up hair and clothes because as a child those are really two of the most gendered things about children. If all children were bald and wore white jumpsuits IMO it would be more difficult to differentiate the boys from the girls (and they'd look pretty weird too!) There are other, more subtle signs but a lot of those can be false positives I think. A boy who isn't interested in sports doesn't automatically isn't automatically a trans girl; a girl who plays a little rough isn't necessarily a trans boy. But something like a young boy asking why he doesn't get to wear dresses too? That might be a red flag.

When are they old enough to have a firm grasp of their desired gender?

Ah, well younger than you'd probably think.

On Facebook I follow a transgender support group and there are some moms on there who post pictures of their little girls, their transgender little girls mind you, and they're probably 4-6 ish, IDK maybe a little older.

So these little girls are lucky enough to have wonderful, supportive parents who let them explore their gender identity.

And that's the most important thing really, letting your child explore. You aren't instantly committing them to a life in one gender or another. Now school adds a layer of complication but at home they should feel accepted no matter who they are.

Oh, and I would definitely look for a therapist who specializes in gender and children if this comes up. They can help everyone work through it, get the resources you need, and offer support through it all!

But yeah, that's my two cents on the matter.

And of course if I somehow missed anything or you have more question please ask!

Edited by Kira Kira, 03 July 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#91 TerraEsperZ

TerraEsperZ
  • Citizen
  • 1420 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

The support and openness from this place is truly something special. I've been a member of The Allspark Forums and its predecessors for close to half of my life at this point. and although I've been mostly lurking all this time, I never would have stayed around purely out of love for Transformers if I hadn't felt this was an inclusive community.

And thanks to this thread helping me to understand myself better and to admit to myself things that, in hindsight, I had known for a very long time, I feel confident enough to actually broach the subject with my mom this weekend. I'll see how that goes before actually telling my sister or my father. I used to think I'd carry this secret of sorts to my grave so things are definitely looking up :).

#92 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

... but that's really not something for you as a parent to worry about. I'm assuming your child is young and at any age before puberty and form of transition is going to purely be a non-permanent.

And that's the most important thing really, letting your child explore. You aren't instantly committing them to a life in one gender or another. Now school adds a layer of complication but at home they should feel accepted no matter who they are.

Thanks, Kira. That's tremendously valuable perspective on this issue. Like so many decisions faced by young parents, it's easy to turn them into huge, finite, and final decisions in your head. It can become paralytic to have that "but what if I get this wrong/what if I'm doing my child harm?" floating around in the back of your mind. But as you say, like so many other things it's a process of gradual learning and growing for children - and for their parents as well. It's not one final decision with a lifetime of consequences, it's a process of exploration.

Thanks so much.

#93 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22926 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Alexis, don't feel pressured but I can almost certainly assure you that no one will harass you. The rules of the Allspark still apply here, and mods don't like trolling.
But again you don't have to post if you're really afraid. The last thing I want is for you to feel uncomfortable, kiddo!

Thanks. =)

Mainly, I'm just really self conciouss about how I look, and puberty has been negatively affecting me a lot. I have a lot of body hair, and I've grown a lot. Last time I measured myself I was 6'4".

Also, unrealated to how I look: my voice is getting deeper. Which is utterly awful.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#94 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Tall girls are the sexiest.

#95 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59940 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

#96 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Thanks. =)

Mainly, I'm just really self conciouss about how I look, and puberty has been negatively affecting me a lot. I have a lot of body hair, and I've grown a lot. Last time I measured myself I was 6'4".

Also, unrealated to how I look: my voice is getting deeper. Which is utterly awful.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I know how having you body change in ways you didn't want is devastating, but don't dwell on it and never regret. All you can do is keep moving forward!
You're still very young and HRT would still do you well, even if you don't start for a few years. And if you start while still a teen you might even get some bone growth in your hips! Supposedly this can happen to girls who transition young, once you hit 21 ish most of the changes will be body fat only.
So don't fret, and like Shattered said guys and girls sometimes go crazy for tall girls!

#97 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

On the other hand, the credits of that D&D edition include two people (Zak S and RPGPundit) who out right harass trans members of the game design world...

#98 2016 II

2016 II

Gone.

• Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

On the other hand, the credits of that D&D edition include two people (Zak S and RPGPundit) who out right harass trans members of the game design world...

It really strikes me as a marketing ploy.  There's good publicity to be had here, and people with no method of expressing themselves IRL could easily become devoted fans - possibly remaining fans even after they transition or grow to understand themselves, since the game gave them something they desperately needed.  Not necessarily ill-intended, just not necessarily out of good will either.  What interests me more is the fact that the company sees transgenders as a worthwhile demographic.

Tired of this forum shitting on me.

#99 FortMax

FortMax

Not Cybertron Metroplex or Mudflap

• Supporter
  • 4894 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Eariler today I was thinking about how much I was fangirling over something. I then started tearing up because of how right the word "fangirling" felt.

QUOTE(Hasbro)
Paramount Home Entertainment will be releasing RANSFORMERS CYBERTRON on 9.13.05

TbtA3Ye.jpg
Buy my Mini-Pla Goseiger Candy Toy Zords!

#100 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22926 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Eariler today I was thinking about how much I was fangirling over something. I then started tearing up because of how right the word "fangirling" felt.

That's wonderful! (Well, aside from the tearing up part.)

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender, gender, identity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users