Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass XÖ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The Official Unofficial Allspark Transgender Thread: Everyone is welcome!

transgender gender identity

2775 replies to this topic

#2701 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37423 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:10 AM

I just went ahead and blocked him, I got enough stress and bs to deal with, that I don't need a terf invading this thread.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2702 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:18 AM

Let me be clear. Do I think his points and rebuttals are in good faith? I can't read his mind or heart, but it doesn't seem like they are. Is harassment and targeting of transfolks allowed here? Absolutely not. 

Since this site has started I've done my best to apply the rules evenly and fairly. Obvious cases of transphobia, homophobia, racism, etc - anything that would diminish, demean or hurt any marginalized group, are dealt with swiftly. But on a personal note, while I certainly don't feel *everyone* is redeemable, I know that there are many cases in which people *can* be reached, educated, and brought to an understanding of why it's so important to understand these concepts. Not just to tolerate, but to accept. 

That's not always easy, but I've seen it done. I think the general mood of society has changed a lot in the past 20 years. But during that time here on The Allspark I've seen people be staunch conservatives be reformed and enlightened to a more understanding viewpoint.

So let's take this individual as an example. Are some of the things he's saying just repeated talking points from the hate groups out there? Yeah - but it might be the only thing he's truly been exposed to. I don't believe that making points he might not realize is hate speech is the same as hate speech. And I think what you all are doing and have done so far has been good in that you're explaining it to him, you're letting him know why it's bad - and yeah, there is some 'back and forth' but that's all part of the exchange. Not only that, but imagine people reading the topic who have no idea what's going on. They can see first hand the ways in which this affects people.

I'm not here trying to "all sides" bullshit you into thinking this is some arbitrary neutral condition. It's not and *I* realize that - but I also think it's just as important to try to make everybody else realize that too. 

But with all that said, the reason why this came to a head in *this* topic is because that particular discussion has reached it's full conclusion and shouldn't be in this thread, which is a thread of ally-ship and a safe harbor from the types of things you just don't feel like dealing with nor should you have to.

#2703 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Retired Staff
  • 23162 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:38 PM

So hey! All that silliness aside, I've been away from the ol' Spark, and this thread specifically, for a while. How are y'all doing?

Edited by Cabooceratops, 05 January 2021 - 09:38 PM.

<p>Like my art? I do commissions!! -> <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.allspark...3622784</a></p>

#2704 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Do'n it Alpha site style

• Supporter
  • 63817 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:34 PM

I've been hanging in there, but it's been really good seeing you back. Hope you're doing great :) I'm sure everyone else loves having you back too. 

#2705 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 11464 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:18 AM

Indeed it is great to have you back! 

#2706 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27604 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:33 AM

Hey, Caboo! Welcome back. Things are good here. Glad to be out of 2020.
Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2707 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15925 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:16 PM

Y'know, if anything, you ladies deserve more recognition. I got born like this but you have to fight so hard. I really respect that and I wish everyone could see you for who you really are.

#2708 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:34 AM

This seem like as good  a place as any to ask - What is the they/them equivalent to formal salutations such as Mr./Miss and Sir/Madam/Ma'am?

#2709 Lightbright

Lightbright
  • Citizen
  • 220 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:56 AM

Hi everyone :) It's been a *very* long time since I last posted here, so I thought I'd update you on where I'm up to. First and foremost, I changed my name by deed poll and came out to my colleagues who have been really supportive :) This was just before the first lockdown back in March, so it was a race against time to have all my details updated in time. My family are a lot more accepting now, and making an effort to use my name without being reminded. I've been seeing a therapist for the last year, who has been a real lifesaver in helping me find a way to get through to my family. Most importantly, the gender identity clinic finally gave me the go-ahead to start hormone replacement therapy :D I had a telephone appointment with the endocrinologist last week, and he's writing to my doctor to arrange for a prescription of estrogen patches; when I've been on them for a while, I'll also get a testosterone blocker every three months :) I can't believe I've made it this far after waiting for so long, and despite the pandemic :) 

#2710 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Retired Staff
  • 23162 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:34 PM

This seem like as good  a place as any to ask - What is the they/them equivalent to formal salutations such as Mr./Miss and Sir/Madam/Ma'am?

Well, the former is "Mx." as I understand it, the latter, I'm not actually sure.

<p>Like my art? I do commissions!! -> <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.allspark...3622784</a></p>

#2711 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

I'm talking more about verbal communication than anything. 

#2712 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:57 PM

I've never heard it used spoken, but Mx. can be read like "mix" and is apparently the only thing in anything close to common usage that would make sense in an "excuse me sir, we have a limit of fourteen bags of potatoes" context. Probably because we're all trained to say "sir" or "ma'am" in those contexts where we don't know a name and guess if it's unclear, and any situation you know that a person identifies as nonbinary, you probably already know their name. So, yeah, probably give it another decade or two.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 11 January 2021 - 05:57 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2713 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36689 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

This is not a serious answer

ZukAXVE.jpg

#2714 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27604 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:16 PM

I"m terrible with names, so I've been making an art of having conversations without names and (usually) pronouns.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2715 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49665 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:45 PM

This is not a serious answer

ZukAXVE.jpg

Captain carries some connotations of authority/responsibility that some may not work, though.

Therefore, I shall henceforth refer to all who prefer non-binary pronouns "Warrior". (This is a joke)

Edited by Rust, 11 January 2021 - 10:46 PM.

#2716 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:20 AM

We should figure out what is the nonbinary equivalent of "brah" ("seeb"?) and then you can use that X ]

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2717 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:55 AM

I always just thought that was "dude"

#2718 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37423 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

I always just thought that was "dude"

Nope, that will set people off. Last month on a trans-ran Discord server I'm on; the person that runs one of my RP sessions left after everyone dogpiled them after claiming 'As a SoCal resident, I'll die on the hill that Dude is a non-gendered term' A good 10-15 people all argued that they were wrong and it was a stupid hill to die on.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2719 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:30 AM

Well I call my wife dude so I guess some people's mileage will vary

#2720 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49665 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:44 AM

We could always borrow some Southern vernacular and start calling folks "Honey" or "Sugah".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users