Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The Official Unofficial Allspark Transgender Thread: Everyone is welcome!

transgender gender identity

2505 replies to this topic

#2361 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

I can definitely relate. I realized fairly quickly that whatever I want, it's not to be a man dressed as a woman. I got a cheap wig and only wore it a couple of times. It didn't fit super well and I probably could have fixed that by buying a better one, but what it did do was convince me that I wanted my hair to be longer for real. Similar with the gel bra inserts I got. I might wind up using those eventually to help look better (who the hell knows where I'm going to end up cup size and an issue trans women apparently face is that wider rib cages make your breasts look smaller), but again I'm not really interested in creating some kind of costume. I want to actually feel like a girl.

How I'm feeling already on the pills has really hammered that point home. If this is probably just the start of what it's going to feel like as I probably up the dosages later, I'm totally on board with this. This feeling is amazing. It's like I had some kind of cloud over my mind and I didn't realize it until this pulled it away. About the only reason I would stop taking them is to try the injection version.

Losing power sucks. I lost power at work yesterday and missed a bunch of hours because of it. Hope you get everything sorted out.

Oh, and about the choker, make sure to use a tape measure around your neck. Mine's big enough that most of the ones I find won't fit me.

Edited by Ashley, 12 February 2019 - 07:03 PM.

#2362 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Now I'm having a power outage. So now I'm out in shit weather, spending money I don't have for dinner (since I can't use my microwave), dtessed as a hugging man! This is not how I wanted to spend my night.
Maybe I can go get that choker, which I also can't afford but damn I need something to keep this night from being a total bust.

On a good note, you may have just had your “I’m not just a cross dresser” moment.

#2363 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24184 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

Now I'm having a power outage. So now I'm out in shit weather, spending money I don't have for dinner (since I can't use my microwave), dtessed as a hugging man! This is not how I wanted to spend my night.
Maybe I can go get that choker, which I also can't afford but damn I need something to keep this night from being a total bust.

On a good note, you may have just had your “I’m not just a cross dresser” moment.

Heh! No offense to anyone here, but coming from an extremely conservative and protestant background, if true, I'm not sure how much of a good note that is.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2364 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

that’s valid... was just trying to brighten the night :)

#2365 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

It's a good note no matter what if you're figuring out yourself better. There's value in being self-aware. 

#2366 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24184 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

I've been increasingly thinking about what it would be like to be a girl...sometimes what sex would be like...but not always. Like I think about what it would be like to walk into work and face everyone, or face the parents. But mostly just to be able to dress as I want, whether thats jeans and teeshirt, or a dress. To look in a mirror and not have that damn thing hanging between my legs...actual breasts. Public bathrooms still hold that eww factor and a "thank God I can pee standing up" factor. But when compared to being stuck with this...thing...!

At first they were just fleeting thoughts. But now the times where I'm glad to be a guy, and I do still have those moments, but they seem, I don't know. I don't want to do anything for one thing because of the people I'd have to come out to, let alone the cost of just HRT, let alone SRS...but, I have such a knack for letting my emotions get the better of me and what if I did do something I can't take back and then it's, oh shit, what have I done?
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#2367 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

I will point out that HRT is not that expensive. It looks like we're talking about $20 each for estradiol and for spironolactone for 30 day supplies without insurance. My insurance covers it so I don't care much, but they're generic drugs: they're not expensive.

Also, they are not commitments. I could stop at this point and I doubt anyone could ever physically tell I was on them. I'm not going to because it feels awesome, but I could if it wasn't helping. There's a reason why the friend I'm out to IRL was encouraging me to try. The best test of whether or not HRT is right for you is to take it for a week and see how you feel. The risks are minimal and it might shine a lot of light on how you feel about the idea.

Edited by Ashley, 14 February 2019 - 10:13 PM.

#2368 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24184 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

Well, thankfully tonight was less of a "I'm freaking out here" type night. I found a cute little choker at Hot Topic tonight. When I got home from grocery shopping, I decided on the dress instead of jeans and shirt. It helps me feel calmer sometimes. And I really like the choker.

I'm still feeling fake with the breast forms. But it's not as harsh as the other night. Thankfully I have another therapy appointment Monday. I think I could use one right about now.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#2369 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:33 AM

Glad you liked the choker idea. It's a simple idea, but a cute one.

#2370 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Thought this belonged here from r/traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns

#2371 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24184 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:13 PM

Well, interesting and all, but what do bathrooms have to do with public p...oh...oh eww...EWW!
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#2372 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:59 AM

So, my family has currently three birds. A cockatiel, a yellow-naped amazon, and a twenty-something year old african grey.

We had been told that the grey was male, but it's hard to tell with some birds. Biology is weird. Anyway, a couple of years ago the amazon got sick. The details of that aren't important, but we took the grey in to the vet too since they hadn't been in in years. They said that they were overall good, but asked if we had an ultraviolet lamp for any of our birds and recommended we get them. The ultraviolet helps with vitamin d which helps with calcium absorption which gets important to avoid arthritis as they get older. So we got lamps for all three.

Skip forward like three months. I wake up to my mom screaming because there's an egg in the bottom of the cage. It turns out she DID have a calcium problem and that's why she had never laid one before, so we didn't find out earlier. She also gained like 20 grams after getting the lamp, which is a lot for a ~500 gram bird. It's probably increased bone density, which is good.

The insane-sounding punchline is: a new lamp made us realize we had been misgendering a parrot.

#2373 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:21 AM

Interestingly enough, that happens with cats too as people expect male cats to have a visible penis.. and they don't.

#2374 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

I'd be worried if your cat lays an egg.

#2375 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

I'd be worried if your cat lays an egg.

yes.. yes I would..

#2376 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

You might want to check for Xenomorphs.

#2377 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24184 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

So my screen name's Stephanie now. It already feels much better than Jennifer did. I just wish I were brave enough to tell someone irl about this so I could hear someone actually calling me Stephanie. I don't know how used to it I can get if everyone still calls be by my given name. But not having come out yet...GAH!

I know it must sound so stupid. Such a simple thing to do. Just hugging say it! "Mom, Dad...I want to be a woman. Please call me Stephanie."

You know the odds of that happening? Somewhere between nill and zero. Damn I'm such a coward. I know nothing's going to change if I don't do something.

What am I hoping for? Let's just say somehow I manage to afford HRT. Now let's assume I actually manage to get over being too chicken shit to come out about my feelings so I can actually take that step and it's okay because everyone will already know what's going on when the breasts start growing.

Great! That gets me part of the way there. But I'll still know there's something still attached to me that I don't want but, without more than half an entire years salary, I can't get rid of.

Is it always such an uphill battle?
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#2378 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

FF7 sold me another Playstation

• Supporter
  • 61283 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:02 PM

Sisyphus you are not Stephanie, there is a peak to your hill for sure - but you will crest it.

Fear does not make you a coward, not when there are genuine concerns that prompt it.  While I can't say how coming out will affect your family relationships, at some point, we all have to decide when we stop being our parent's Children. You need to do what's right for you- what's wrong for them - doesn't need to be one of your priorities in decision making.

after all, if your parents jumped off a bridge...  

Edited by Destron D-69, 19 February 2019 - 11:02 PM.

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

#2379 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23663 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

I'm not going to pretend this stuff is easy, but there are victories to be had. This is going to get into some embarrassing biology stuff, but I'm saying it anyway.

Spoiler

#2380 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

FF7 sold me another Playstation

• Supporter
  • 61283 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:41 AM

O_o? has to... 

<_< I've never felt like I had to... I've even gone double-digit numbers of minutes between 'sessions' before

XD 

lol the idea that there's a "normal" that any of us deviate from or should aspire to drift toward instead -is entirely a made up concept. 

it's like that Life lesson at the end of Increadables. We're all Special - because nobody's special ... or whatever the positive wording of that is  

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender, gender, identity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users