Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM)

new episodes are up?

@  Boomhauer : (26 June 2019 - 01:30 PM)

The voice acting bothers me less than the weird-as-hell timing on the action. Entire show feels like its paced like a internet cartoon.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The Official Unofficial Allspark Transgender Thread: Everyone is welcome!

transgender gender identity

2525 replies to this topic

#2321 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 34439 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

Ah. I hear ya. I may be "out" but I'm a long ways away from being satisfied with my body since my transition goals include a few surgeries that I can't really get insurance to cover. And recently I've been struggling with chronic illness which has kept me from making the big moves I need to make to advance my career, so I can start earning and saving the money needed for those surgeries.

#2322 Caldwin

Caldwin

Making Coleslaw

• Supporter
  • 24248 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

Thething is, thereare moments where I really wish I were a woman. I've even had some daydreams about it. But at other times, I've been really happy with the fact that I'm a guy.

So, I mean, for one thing I'm in a "slow the hug down and get a decent handle on your feelings" mode. But also, if I'm this conflicted and confused right now, I think if I did do anything I couldn't undo, I'd probably be quick to regret it.

There's just a lot of shit going on in my head and it's not even close to being sorted. Until it is, I'll continue to buy women's clothes and I'll continue to enjoy dressing up. Who knows? Maybe at some point I'll work up the nerve to go outside dressed up like this.

But for right now, I just can't even deal with transitioning or not transitioning.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2323 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49316 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

I can't outwardly transition for reasons right now, but I have to acknowledge that if I did, there's no point at which I'd be "happy" with myself. You know that thing where you take the car to the mechanic and the mechanic says, "Okay, so I think the best way to get this here car runnin' smoothly is we're gonna jack that car up, an' put another car under it." That's basically how I feel atm.

Never been jealous of any man's body, though. Well, I suppose I felt that with a couple of cute little twink types in college, which is to say I envied them for being androgynous. It's kinda funny it took me like a good ... embarrassing number of more years to think of myself as trans. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2324 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 34439 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

Jealousy can be a dangerous thing. Sometimes it can be good, it can motivate you to work towards a goal after seeing someone else achieve it and how well it worked out for them. But it can also drag you down if you're obsessed with something you can't change (like your genetics).

I've learned to push back on thoughts of jealousy towards those who transitioned earlier in life and came out looking much better for it. Before I look back and think "why didn't I" ... I have to remind myself, that way madness lies.

At some point, I had to accept that I have the body I have, and while some things can be changed, some things can't.

#2325 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

I live again...

• Retired Staff
  • 18780 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

I really don't experience much gender or body dysphoria. But I'm very body blind. I've never liked my body, so I just got used to not caring how I look as such I'm at a weird place where I know I'll never have the body I want, and I don't really care.

I'd probably like to transition just to let other people be comfortable with me being me and not experience the dissonance of being misgendered (That's about the weirdest thing I experience. Thinking of myself as a girl, and my friends calling me such, but people in every day life and coworkers not since I'm not out)

I had a lot of doubts and uncertainty about being a woman since I don't really /care/ so much? Like for a while I wondered if I was fluid or agender due to how little it impacted me. But I cannot comfortably recognize myself in a relationship where I'm not the girlfriend. If I think of myself as someone's boyfriend my brain does this little "Holy shit that's wrong, what the hug." thing and makes me super uncomfortable. I guess I'm just getting to, this shit's complicated and it's not nearly as binary as it seems on the surface, just be you and whatever it means to be comfortable as you, do that. We'll all support you.

#2326 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

I'll admit I was probably oversimplifying and jealousy can be more complicated than I made it sound. And how people in the LGBT community feel about their bodies can be really complicated and individual. I don't mean to imply this kind of jealousy is necessary for the trans experience, just that it makes a lot of sense in that context. It's worth self-analyzing this kind of thing to figure out why you feel the way you do. Jealousy can lead to some bad behaviors, yes, but denying why you're feeling it won't help. I'm working on acknowledging why I'm jealous and moving towards doing it for myself, which is probably the most productive thing to do with jealousy.

Jennifer, it sounds like what you're going through is very different than what I'm dealing with, so my ability to give advice is super limited, but it sounds a LOT like you might be non-binary or genderfluid. You might want to try to engage in people in those communities online, on Reddit or wherever. Their experiences might be useful to you. It's too far outside my experience to be able to give much more advice than to keep talking about it. It helps a lot with figuring things out.

Virion, I can relate to part of that. I've been struggling with figuring out my sexuality and I think a large part of it is that I can't accept the idea of being someone's boyfriend. The idea is just upsetting. I'm not sure if I'm asexual or not, but I might as well be the way I am now. It's possible that transitioning might change things for me (the idea of being someone's girlfriend sounds a lot more exciting), but I don't think I have the body confidence for it right now. Anything resembling a physical relationship just sounds awful to me. Time and hormones might change things, but I can't be sure yet. I'm going to just try to keep my mind open.

#2327 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

I'm taking a plunge. Name issues is something I've been struggling with IRL, talking with my therapist. It feels really embarrassing and scary to ask even her to call me by another name. Exposure is probably the best way to overcome fear, so....

#2328 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45656 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

You prefer Ashley or may I call you Ash for short?

Edited by Rust, 05 February 2019 - 12:06 PM.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#2329 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:26 PM

I think I'm good with either. Thanks for asking!

#2330 Caldwin

Caldwin

Making Coleslaw

• Supporter
  • 24248 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Hello, Ashley. It may take me a while to get used to. Waspinator will always be the one who brought pony to Skyrim and one of the ones who brought me into the fandom. But I'm not one to deadname. So...hello, Ashley.

I never did gain an attachment to 'Jennifer' so I do plan on going back to Caldwin once the name change cooldown is done. I think Stephanie might work since it's closer to my birthname and may be easier to feel a fit. But either way, I don't think I want to keep using my screen name as a testing ground until I'm more sure.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2331 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

You could try what Ashley did at first, and just have your gender as female and see how it fits. That can be changed at anytime regardless of display name.

#2332 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

Honestly, I don't think I'd be upset if anyone still called me Waspinator. There's a reason why I decided to keep it in my title. While I guess it's technically a male-associated name, it doesn't set off the same feelings I have for my full birth name. Probably helps that it's not even close to any name a real person would have, lets me distance it a little bit from any expectations. 

My full birth name... ugh. I've been debating legally changing it faaaaar longer than I realized I was trans. That probably says something. 

After a few hiccups and reschedulings, I'm going back into the doctor's office tomorrow morning to talk about HRT. No idea if I'll have a prescription by this time tomorrow, but it's possible! I might need to benedryl myself to make sure I get enough sleep for this. It's weird to be super excited and scared out of my mind at the same time. To put it bluntly, the idea of growing breasts sounds amazing but I'm terrified of what people will say if/when they notice. I don't feel anywhere near ready for social transition. This feels so awkward and confusing. It's probably what it feels like to be a pre-teen girl, just made more confusing by where I'm starting at physically.

#2333 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25130 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

Hey Ash whatcha playin?
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#2334 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49316 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

This is such a generic comment, but - geez "Ashley" is such a lovely name. = ] 

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2335 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:28 PM

Thanks! I think so too. I've been working on the name question for awhile now and keep coming back to it. I think I'm a little giddy right now. I think this is doing a lot for my self-confidence.

#2336 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49316 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Awesome to hear, Ashley. And wait until someone calls you by name when you're not thinking about it. That's a good feel, too. X ]

#2337 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

I got my girly pills! Twice a day spiro, one a day estrogen. Took a spiro earlier, going to take E in the morning! Let's see how this goes...

#2338 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

The first couple weeks may be rough as your body adjusts..  expect to get a little sick/fatigued

#2339 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Retired Staff
  • 22319 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:45 AM

I got my girly pills! Twice a day spiro, one a day estrogen. Took a spiro earlier, going to take E in the morning! Let's see how this goes...

Holy shit congrats hun!!! Enjoy your anticistamines!!!

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#2340 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23668 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:04 AM

It doesn't seem any different so far, but I think that's expected. If I understand right, the next few weeks might be when mental effects start to kick in and that should be interesting.

Assorted other childish names from Reddit:

Breast Mints

Tit Tacs

Fem & Ms

Titty Skittles

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender, gender, identity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users