Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (22 November 2019 - 07:32 AM)

"any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks" By golly gee I do wonder why employers are so keen to make sure they don't get sued.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:01 AM)

It's basically the same as someone tricking you into signing a contract you have no need for. Smart employees with balls just respond to such an offer with "You want to terminate me? For what reason exactly?"

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:00 AM)

And on average, a wrongful termination lawsuit, though more of a strain for the employee, will often result in better conditions (worst case: a settlement fee; best case: employment reinstated by the court) than whatever nonsense the employer is putting in the termination agreement.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:58 AM)

That's obviously complete bull. Under German law, any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks. A termination agreement... is a binding contract.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:57 AM)

A very nasty tactic by many German employers: Inviting an employee to a talk out of the blue, suggesting that things don't look good and a termination (for whatever reason) is about to happen, but they're being "nice" and offer the employee a termination agreement to end the working relationship on "good terms".

@  Ashley : (22 November 2019 - 02:12 AM)

what manufacturer is that? I'm trying to find a US source

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/other-action-figures-and-playsets/alien-queen/p/185041

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

I've already found the best toy of 2020: a foot tall, fully articulated (20 points) Alien Queen for a fraction of what Neca or anyone else would charge

@  Telly : (21 November 2019 - 09:46 PM)

no minerva toys until i get my devcon :p

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 November 2019 - 08:28 PM)

Paladin keeps saying this every time they reveal another toy of an early character, including the first Earthrise reveals even though that had Micromasters.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 03:20 PM)

I'll concede the Titan Masters, but Magnus Prime is an existing mold, Liokaiser is a set of repaints, and Metalhawk is a repaint and prominently featured in IDW.

@  Cyoti : (21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM)

And Ginrai aka "Magnus Prime, Metalhawk, "Liokaiser", etc. The real characters that Warden actually doesn't know about are the late EuroUK characters like the Turbomasters/Predators

@  Sabrblade : (21 November 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Warden and Friends did give us a Lione (Sawback) and a Shuffler

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 07:26 AM)

Or prominently featured in IDW, or an easy repaint of an existing toy.

@  Paladin : (21 November 2019 - 07:12 AM)

was she in the first 3 seasons of the cartoon? If not then she's on no one's list because they don't think she exists.

@  Cyoti : (20 November 2019 - 11:23 PM)

It's probably stuck on the low priority end of Warden's to-do list.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 November 2019 - 10:45 PM)

Because the only full-body Nightbeat was that Bumblebee with a new head one.

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The Official Unofficial Allspark Transgender Thread: Everyone is welcome!

transgender gender identity

2630 replies to this topic

#2321 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35129 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

Ah. I hear ya. I may be "out" but I'm a long ways away from being satisfied with my body since my transition goals include a few surgeries that I can't really get insurance to cover. And recently I've been struggling with chronic illness which has kept me from making the big moves I need to make to advance my career, so I can start earning and saving the money needed for those surgeries.

#2322 Caldwin

Caldwin

Cool but crude

• Supporter
  • 24913 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

Thething is, thereare moments where I really wish I were a woman. I've even had some daydreams about it. But at other times, I've been really happy with the fact that I'm a guy.

So, I mean, for one thing I'm in a "slow the hug down and get a decent handle on your feelings" mode. But also, if I'm this conflicted and confused right now, I think if I did do anything I couldn't undo, I'd probably be quick to regret it.

There's just a lot of shit going on in my head and it's not even close to being sorted. Until it is, I'll continue to buy women's clothes and I'll continue to enjoy dressing up. Who knows? Maybe at some point I'll work up the nerve to go outside dressed up like this.

But for right now, I just can't even deal with transitioning or not transitioning.
PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2323 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50374 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

I can't outwardly transition for reasons right now, but I have to acknowledge that if I did, there's no point at which I'd be "happy" with myself. You know that thing where you take the car to the mechanic and the mechanic says, "Okay, so I think the best way to get this here car runnin' smoothly is we're gonna jack that car up, an' put another car under it." That's basically how I feel atm.

Never been jealous of any man's body, though. Well, I suppose I felt that with a couple of cute little twink types in college, which is to say I envied them for being androgynous. It's kinda funny it took me like a good ... embarrassing number of more years to think of myself as trans. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2324 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35129 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

Jealousy can be a dangerous thing. Sometimes it can be good, it can motivate you to work towards a goal after seeing someone else achieve it and how well it worked out for them. But it can also drag you down if you're obsessed with something you can't change (like your genetics).

I've learned to push back on thoughts of jealousy towards those who transitioned earlier in life and came out looking much better for it. Before I look back and think "why didn't I" ... I have to remind myself, that way madness lies.

At some point, I had to accept that I have the body I have, and while some things can be changed, some things can't.

#2325 MsVirion

MsVirion
  • Retired Staff
  • 18837 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

I really don't experience much gender or body dysphoria. But I'm very body blind. I've never liked my body, so I just got used to not caring how I look as such I'm at a weird place where I know I'll never have the body I want, and I don't really care.

I'd probably like to transition just to let other people be comfortable with me being me and not experience the dissonance of being misgendered (That's about the weirdest thing I experience. Thinking of myself as a girl, and my friends calling me such, but people in every day life and coworkers not since I'm not out)

I had a lot of doubts and uncertainty about being a woman since I don't really /care/ so much? Like for a while I wondered if I was fluid or agender due to how little it impacted me. But I cannot comfortably recognize myself in a relationship where I'm not the girlfriend. If I think of myself as someone's boyfriend my brain does this little "Holy shit that's wrong, what the hug." thing and makes me super uncomfortable. I guess I'm just getting to, this shit's complicated and it's not nearly as binary as it seems on the surface, just be you and whatever it means to be comfortable as you, do that. We'll all support you.

#2326 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

I'll admit I was probably oversimplifying and jealousy can be more complicated than I made it sound. And how people in the LGBT community feel about their bodies can be really complicated and individual. I don't mean to imply this kind of jealousy is necessary for the trans experience, just that it makes a lot of sense in that context. It's worth self-analyzing this kind of thing to figure out why you feel the way you do. Jealousy can lead to some bad behaviors, yes, but denying why you're feeling it won't help. I'm working on acknowledging why I'm jealous and moving towards doing it for myself, which is probably the most productive thing to do with jealousy.

Jennifer, it sounds like what you're going through is very different than what I'm dealing with, so my ability to give advice is super limited, but it sounds a LOT like you might be non-binary or genderfluid. You might want to try to engage in people in those communities online, on Reddit or wherever. Their experiences might be useful to you. It's too far outside my experience to be able to give much more advice than to keep talking about it. It helps a lot with figuring things out.

Virion, I can relate to part of that. I've been struggling with figuring out my sexuality and I think a large part of it is that I can't accept the idea of being someone's boyfriend. The idea is just upsetting. I'm not sure if I'm asexual or not, but I might as well be the way I am now. It's possible that transitioning might change things for me (the idea of being someone's girlfriend sounds a lot more exciting), but I don't think I have the body confidence for it right now. Anything resembling a physical relationship just sounds awful to me. Time and hormones might change things, but I can't be sure yet. I'm going to just try to keep my mind open.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#2327 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

I'm taking a plunge. Name issues is something I've been struggling with IRL, talking with my therapist. It feels really embarrassing and scary to ask even her to call me by another name. Exposure is probably the best way to overcome fear, so....

#2328 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46530 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

You prefer Ashley or may I call you Ash for short?

Edited by Rust, 05 February 2019 - 12:06 PM.

#2329 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:26 PM

I think I'm good with either. Thanks for asking!

#2330 Caldwin

Caldwin

Cool but crude

• Supporter
  • 24913 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Hello, Ashley. It may take me a while to get used to. Waspinator will always be the one who brought pony to Skyrim and one of the ones who brought me into the fandom. But I'm not one to deadname. So...hello, Ashley.

I never did gain an attachment to 'Jennifer' so I do plan on going back to Caldwin once the name change cooldown is done. I think Stephanie might work since it's closer to my birthname and may be easier to feel a fit. But either way, I don't think I want to keep using my screen name as a testing ground until I'm more sure.
PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2331 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

You could try what Ashley did at first, and just have your gender as female and see how it fits. That can be changed at anytime regardless of display name.

#2332 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

Honestly, I don't think I'd be upset if anyone still called me Waspinator. There's a reason why I decided to keep it in my title. While I guess it's technically a male-associated name, it doesn't set off the same feelings I have for my full birth name. Probably helps that it's not even close to any name a real person would have, lets me distance it a little bit from any expectations. 

My full birth name... ugh. I've been debating legally changing it faaaaar longer than I realized I was trans. That probably says something. 

After a few hiccups and reschedulings, I'm going back into the doctor's office tomorrow morning to talk about HRT. No idea if I'll have a prescription by this time tomorrow, but it's possible! I might need to benedryl myself to make sure I get enough sleep for this. It's weird to be super excited and scared out of my mind at the same time. To put it bluntly, the idea of growing breasts sounds amazing but I'm terrified of what people will say if/when they notice. I don't feel anywhere near ready for social transition. This feels so awkward and confusing. It's probably what it feels like to be a pre-teen girl, just made more confusing by where I'm starting at physically.

#2333 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25347 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

Hey Ash whatcha playin?
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#2334 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50374 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

This is such a generic comment, but - geez "Ashley" is such a lovely name. = ] 

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2335 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:28 PM

Thanks! I think so too. I've been working on the name question for awhile now and keep coming back to it. I think I'm a little giddy right now. I think this is doing a lot for my self-confidence.

#2336 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50374 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Awesome to hear, Ashley. And wait until someone calls you by name when you're not thinking about it. That's a good feel, too. X ]

#2337 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

I got my girly pills! Twice a day spiro, one a day estrogen. Took a spiro earlier, going to take E in the morning! Let's see how this goes...

#2338 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

The first couple weeks may be rough as your body adjusts..  expect to get a little sick/fatigued

#2339 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 22581 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:45 AM

I got my girly pills! Twice a day spiro, one a day estrogen. Took a spiro earlier, going to take E in the morning! Let's see how this goes...

Holy shit congrats hun!!! Enjoy your anticistamines!!!

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#2340 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23907 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:04 AM

It doesn't seem any different so far, but I think that's expected. If I understand right, the next few weeks might be when mental effects start to kick in and that should be interesting.

Assorted other childish names from Reddit:

Breast Mints

Tit Tacs

Fem & Ms

Titty Skittles

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender, gender, identity

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users