Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

Photo

TF Sketches: Ratchet & Female Sideswipe

ratchet sideswipe female transformers g1 drawings sketch comic autobots transgender

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

So I figured I'd post these too, maybe someone will find them neat?

Some background: Last year I started to toy with the idea of drawing my own Transformers comic. I had a lot of ideas (I ALWAYS have a lot of ideas...), and sort of wanted to do a G1-ish setting but with some influences of the good stuff from other eras and media (IDW, Machine Wars, etc); but still keeping what I thought were the cool and fun aspects I appreciated about the original cartoon.

I worked out the basic cast, their personalities and voices, the basic story, and then where it would go, all in my head, but only committed these sketches and a few notes to paper.

Anyway, here we go!
Sideswipe:
IMAG0573.jpg IMAG0574.jpg
First thing you might notice is hey, she's a gal! (how very astute of you to notice) Sideswipe was my favorite Autobot growing up so I thought it would be cool to have a version that I could identify with better. She's still basically a warrior, and a little rash, and quick to quip. In thinking up where her personality was I was quite influenced by Prime Arcee: very capable, mostly reliable, but when angered she sometimes doesn't make the best decisions. (like Arcee's Airachnid vendetta)

Also Sideswipe is a transgender bot. She was designed as a artisan/metal working bot (piledrivers!) with a male form, but the great war broke out soon after she was constructed so she and her twin sister Sunstreaker (who was constructed female) were given warrior upgrades, basically being some of the last Autobots who weren't specifically built to fight Decepticons. Sideswipe slowly started to transition later in the war, and the whole process is much less of a big deal to Cybertronians than it is to humans (I mean they literally TRANSFORM all the time)

She's "voiced" by Grey DeLisle.

Ratchet:

IMAG0575.jpg IMAG0576.jpg

And here's everyone's favorite crotchety medic! He's basically MTMTE Ratchet personality wise, which is sort of Prime Ratchet too. He used to be a lighthearted party bot but the long years of was have taken a toll on him mentally and physically. But yeah, he still has a kind spark under his grouchy exterior and keeps on going for that reason. Ratchet feels personally responsible for every Autobot death in the war even if he wasn't even on the same battlefield. Just knowing he could have been there and had even the slightest chance to save a bot's life sits heavily in the back of his mind.

He's an very old and close friend of Optimus Prime's... some say he would (grouchily) follow Optimus anywhere in the galaxy just to stay by his friend's side.

"Voiced" by Jeffrey Combs,of course.

I also started to draw up a Bumblebee (complete with mouthplate and the eyes of EVE from "WALL-E"!) but it wasn't worth posting.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna continue drawing and working on all this. Let me know what you think!

Looking for Combiner Hunters Chromia and Arcee! If you can help plz pm me

My Amazon wish list~! http://a.co/4lE2Xrw

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49298 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Ooh, I like. I really like the stockiness of Ratchet - suits him very well. And Sideswipe is sexy without not looking like a Transformer, which is always nice to see in female bots. = ) Looks tough and hardy, evoking a lot of the original character.

In some ways, these do feel a bit redundant with what IDW is doing, but at the same time, it's always nice to see a new take.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into Sideswipe's design to do exactly what you said: to insure I kept intact the feel of the character and make sure she didn't just look like an interchangeable female TF. And thanks for noticing Ratchet's stockiness too (I'm sure he'a thrilled about that!)

And with IDW it is sort of redundant (especially now that RID is on Earth...) but one major difference is that IDW doesn't have me drawing issues! Lmao. (nor writing them, but I think I'm the only one who cares about that)

#4 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22775 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I like them a lot!

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#5 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

Thanks!

I might draw up Bee next, cuz he's one of the ones that I wanted to change the most visually. I've had the idea of a BB with EVE-like eyes ever since I saw WALL-E (so since 2008).