Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

Photo

TF Sketches: Ratchet & Female Sideswipe

ratchet sideswipe female transformers g1 drawings sketch comic autobots transgender

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2226 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

So I figured I'd post these too, maybe someone will find them neat?

Some background: Last year I started to toy with the idea of drawing my own Transformers comic. I had a lot of ideas (I ALWAYS have a lot of ideas...), and sort of wanted to do a G1-ish setting but with some influences of the good stuff from other eras and media (IDW, Machine Wars, etc); but still keeping what I thought were the cool and fun aspects I appreciated about the original cartoon.

I worked out the basic cast, their personalities and voices, the basic story, and then where it would go, all in my head, but only committed these sketches and a few notes to paper.

Anyway, here we go!
Sideswipe:
IMAG0573.jpg IMAG0574.jpg
First thing you might notice is hey, she's a gal! (how very astute of you to notice) Sideswipe was my favorite Autobot growing up so I thought it would be cool to have a version that I could identify with better. She's still basically a warrior, and a little rash, and quick to quip. In thinking up where her personality was I was quite influenced by Prime Arcee: very capable, mostly reliable, but when angered she sometimes doesn't make the best decisions. (like Arcee's Airachnid vendetta)

Also Sideswipe is a transgender bot. She was designed as a artisan/metal working bot (piledrivers!) with a male form, but the great war broke out soon after she was constructed so she and her twin sister Sunstreaker (who was constructed female) were given warrior upgrades, basically being some of the last Autobots who weren't specifically built to fight Decepticons. Sideswipe slowly started to transition later in the war, and the whole process is much less of a big deal to Cybertronians than it is to humans (I mean they literally TRANSFORM all the time)

She's "voiced" by Grey DeLisle.

Ratchet:

IMAG0575.jpg IMAG0576.jpg

And here's everyone's favorite crotchety medic! He's basically MTMTE Ratchet personality wise, which is sort of Prime Ratchet too. He used to be a lighthearted party bot but the long years of was have taken a toll on him mentally and physically. But yeah, he still has a kind spark under his grouchy exterior and keeps on going for that reason. Ratchet feels personally responsible for every Autobot death in the war even if he wasn't even on the same battlefield. Just knowing he could have been there and had even the slightest chance to save a bot's life sits heavily in the back of his mind.

He's an very old and close friend of Optimus Prime's... some say he would (grouchily) follow Optimus anywhere in the galaxy just to stay by his friend's side.

"Voiced" by Jeffrey Combs,of course.

I also started to draw up a Bumblebee (complete with mouthplate and the eyes of EVE from "WALL-E"!) but it wasn't worth posting.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna continue drawing and working on all this. Let me know what you think!

Looking for Combiner Hunters Chromia and Arcee! If you can help plz pm me

My Amazon wish list~! http://a.co/4lE2Xrw

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Ooh, I like. I really like the stockiness of Ratchet - suits him very well. And Sideswipe is sexy without not looking like a Transformer, which is always nice to see in female bots. = ) Looks tough and hardy, evoking a lot of the original character.

In some ways, these do feel a bit redundant with what IDW is doing, but at the same time, it's always nice to see a new take.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2226 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into Sideswipe's design to do exactly what you said: to insure I kept intact the feel of the character and make sure she didn't just look like an interchangeable female TF. And thanks for noticing Ratchet's stockiness too (I'm sure he'a thrilled about that!)

And with IDW it is sort of redundant (especially now that RID is on Earth...) but one major difference is that IDW doesn't have me drawing issues! Lmao. (nor writing them, but I think I'm the only one who cares about that)

#4 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I like them a lot!

#5 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2226 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

Thanks!

I might draw up Bee next, cuz he's one of the ones that I wanted to change the most visually. I've had the idea of a BB with EVE-like eyes ever since I saw WALL-E (so since 2008).