Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

I don't think we even really need to see Krypton. I'd start with Clark growing up in Kansas, thinking he's normal, and follow him through the development of his powers. There've been enough alternate takes on Krypton that it could actually work as a mystery; is this the pre-Crisis utopia, the sterile science world, or the relic of a fallen empire? Brainiac was there, and he tempts Clark with the knowledge of what he really is.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:12 AM)

First, a Krypton film, ending with baby Kal-El being found on Earth.  Then Supe's early career film, establishing his values... and if Jonothan Kent needs to die, it happens because of something like a heart attack while Clark is savnig folks on the other side of the world.  After we know Clark minimizes property damage and never kills, have Zod & Company show up and force him to make tough choices.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:07 AM)

Man of Steel seems like someone came up with a Superman trilogy and then the execs said "We've got to catch up to Marvel, make it one film!".  I don't mean that based on the film's actual pacing, but because various story beats make more sense to me if they weren't all squished together.

@  Cybersnark : (03 December 2019 - 07:44 PM)

I've been wanting to write a Superman movie trilogy for years; "Man of Steel" (featuring a Terminator-like Brainiac) was going to be first, with "Last Son of Krypton" (featuring the Eradicator) as the sequel and "Man of Tomorrow" (in which Luthor makes his face-heel turn) as the conclusion. Thanks to Snyder I have to re-arrange my titles.

Photo
- - - - -

SDCC 2014 exclusive: G1 coloured Dinobots w/ Ark diorama

SDCC Grimlock Strafe Slug Snarl Ark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#161 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9624 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Does the Dinobots set have an 'X of 30' number on it anywhere?

And yeah, just looking at pictures and stuff, Snarl's arms look downright bizarre.

Edited by Jalaguy, 28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#162 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Meow and some such

• Supporter
  • 4608 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

PS- Whoever designed Strafe/Swoop and Snarl's arms needs to be slapped.

I'd say whomever okayed the design of the arms needs to be slapped, but really, maybe fired is better.
WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!
Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787
Pokémon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345
Actual friends: um....

#163 Servitor 2152

Servitor 2152

Dancing helper-bot

• Citizen
  • 1859 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Just got this set today aaaaand... er...  um....

Okay, yeah, feeling a bit of buyer's remorse here.  Slag/Slug is super nice, as is Grimlock, but Swoop makes me nervous since his chrome parts squeak when they move and that terrifies me.  Be aware that all these guys' parts tolerance weren't exactly made with chrome in mind, so everything is super tight and needs to be wiggled into place or it'll probably snap.

Also, Snarl sucks.  Not as much as Slash, but pretty close.  He bizarrely has an entire second dinosaur head inside his leg just for symmetry, and the arms are awful.  I predict people will not be especially pleased when the mass release rolls around. 

I also can't seem to find Snarl's fin/axe thing, so if it got left out of my set, I will be severely annoyed.  There's no spot in the foam for any weapons related to Snarl, unlike everybody else, so I don't know if it was just dropped or what.

The box is also super fragile.  I'll say that right now.  Handle that bastard with care, especially where the velcro's concerned.

So yeah, buyer not necessarily beware, but buyer better be careful handling the entire set.

EDIT- Found the axe thing.  It came loose and was wedged in the Ark.  Also, expect chrome flaking when you transform these guys, since there are plenty of chromed parts that are moving against other things.

Well, that's disappointing to hear.  :(

I was super-excited about this set at first, but the more I think about it, the less enthusiastic I am.  I don't really have any pressing need for the Dinobots in G1 colors; I already own the retail versions of Slug and Swoofe, Grimlock doesn't particularly excite me, and I definitely don't want to pay more than retail for Snarl if the mold is jive.  That leaves the Ark box as the only real selling point, and I don't want to spend that kind of money on something that might collapse if I look at it funny.  Plus, if I pass on these guys, I won't feel compelled to get G1 Slodge from Amazon, which will save me another few bucks.

I dunno.  Maybe, if opportunity and funding come together, I'll bite on this set.  But I don't think I'll give myself an ulcer waiting for HTS to get them in stock or anything like that.  (It doesn't help that my local comic shop guy apparently didn't make it to SDCC after all, so I doubt I'll be able to pick one up through him.)

Interested in getting TFSS 3.0 Carzap, Nacelle, or G2 Starscream for $50 plus shipping?  PM me if so.

#164 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32920 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not upset I missed out. I'm probably gonna pop for some of the 3P Dinobots that are coming out.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#165 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39172 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

I was super-excited about this set at first, but the more I think about it, the less enthusiastic I am.  I don't really have any pressing need for the Dinobots in G1 colors; I already own the retail versions of Slug and Swoofe, Grimlock doesn't particularly excite me, and I definitely don't want to pay more than retail for Snarl if the mold is jive.  That leaves the Ark box as the only real selling point, and I don't want to spend that kind of money on something that might collapse if I look at it funny.  Plus, if I pass on these guys, I won't feel compelled to get G1 Slodge from Amazon, which will save me another few bucks.

I dunno.  Maybe, if opportunity and funding come together, I'll bite on this set.  But I don't think I'll give myself an ulcer waiting for HTS to get them in stock or anything like that.  (It doesn't help that my local comic shop guy apparently didn't make it to SDCC after all, so I doubt I'll be able to pick one up through him.)

If you can get it from, like, HTS at original retail price, then I suppose I'd recommend it, but, man, I'd really rather that they'd ditched the ginormous box (and it is HUGE) and included Sludge/Slog for the same final price.  It folds out well enough, but it's so huge and unwieldy that it's hard to collapse it again and keep it intact unless you're handling it with some serious care.  Lots of really strong velcro on not terribly strong cardboard.  If you're buying it for the box, basically plan on never turning it back into a box again. 

The amount of space the Dinobots take up in the box is hilariously small, by the way, like maybe a third of the thing or less.

I also have zero idea why Strafe/Swoop's and Snarl's hands are even separate pieces from the forearms, since any position other than "gorilla" is worthless.  Especially on Snarl, which hurts, since just switching those wrists to balljoints would have solved everything.

Personally, I think Slag/Slug is the star of this set.  He ends up looking really nice in both modes, has chrome in places that don't make me terrified to move them, and looks entirely different from the regular retail version to the point he seems like a new character.

Edited by Spark, 28 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#166 Rush

Rush
  • Protoform
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I'm making a trade to get this set and this makes me a little uneasy, but at least I already have a copy of what I traded.  I'm still a huge Dinobot fan and like that they went with a G1 color variant, I also agree the price and no inclusion of Slog/Sludge is a bit of a let down.  I know Amazon has the 5th character to complete the set, but with this set being so limited, I don't see G1 Slog selling that well on Amazon, I mean why pick it up for more than a voyager scale price if you don't have the other AOE G1 Dinobots.  I think I would have rather them done away with the Ark display and just get something smaller and more practical, like individual labeled stands or something.  

I also have an opinion that others may not share, but if you are making going to sell 4 Dinobots as a set, I truly think they should have been the actual Dinobots from AOE so that would replace Snarl with Scorn.  Now I know he wasn't in G1, but neither was Strafe, who is supposed to be Swoop, but he has two-heads/tails.  Also, the younger generation who will know now AOE Dinobots as their childhood Dinobots, Snarl means nothing to them as well as the separate Amazon exclusive Slog, who is supposed to be Sludge.

I may be a little bias, but I really like Scorn.  I think he is actually the best designed toy of the bunch and looked awesome in AOE.  Before I get crucified, I'm almost 31 and grew up loving Generation 1, those were some of my best memories as a kid, playing with and watching Transformers.  Just one man's opinion and as an adult I've also grown with the Transformers instead of staying in the past, I have Masterpiece figures for my G1 fix, but I really like some of the new stuff.  I'm made that I missed Animated, I just recently got the complete series and is by far my favorite series, but at that time in my life I wasn't mature enough to appreciate it as the first few episodes seemed very "childish", but that series grew fantastically and I missed all of the great toys.  I'm currently nearing the end of S1 of Prime and I like it, so I've learned to no turn a blind eye anymore and appreciate the new stuff and want to finish Prime in time to watch the new RID series.

Anyway, sorry for going a little of topic and on a tangent, but I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get the set in my hands and make my own opinion.  

#167 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

I think I hate chrome worse than stickers.

Gah, and I was so excited for this set, too. Ah, well. Saved myself a chunk of change and picked up the Kreons instead.

#168 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

These guys will be mostly a display piece for me. I'm not that worried about their chrome.

When I really want to fiddle with Dinobots, I'll grab my movie versions.

#169 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

...I mean...yes, they're quite terrible!

Do not bother to try to beat me to them on HTS!

122489FA-C779-4992-B951-B49E22A61B18_zps

#170 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29132 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

...I mean...yes, they're quite terrible!

Do not bother to try to beat me to them on HTS!

122489FA-C779-4992-B951-B49E22A61B18_zps

Somehow, I wound up reading that post in Tony Jay's voice.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#171 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10636 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

They're going to look killer on the shelf, especially once Slog arrives, and that's all I really need them to do. 

#172 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52065 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

I also have an opinion that others may not share, but if you are making going to sell 4 Dinobots as a set, I truly think they should have been the actual Dinobots from AOE so that would replace Snarl with Scorn.  Now I know he wasn't in G1, but neither was Strafe, who is supposed to be Swoop, but he has two-heads/tails.  Also, the younger generation who will know now AOE Dinobots as their childhood Dinobots, Snarl means nothing to them as well as the separate Amazon exclusive Slog, who is supposed to be Sludge.

Most of the "younger generation" are not going to be getting a $160 SDCC set featuring a foldout diorama based on a show that aired 30 years before they were born. ;)

That said, I figure we're likely to get a "G1" Scorn at some point somehow.

card-strongarm.jpg

#173 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39172 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, fake G1 Scorn and even Slash seem like a distinct possibility.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#174 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19268 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

And I will buy them.

8ZSy6aw.jpg