Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2018 - 10:38 PM)

I have the green one and it's more or less okay. One side has louder clicks but it was like that form the get go

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 05:23 PM)

Well, his gold isn't quite the color I associate with GPS and I see little, if any swirling in it. But hip ratchets in gold plastic that loudly clicked once only to be suddenly silenced. Hrmm. Messing with it now, one leg has no ratcheting and the other ratchets at something like 80 degrees apart.

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

I like that figure. :(

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

Please no GPS on HFTD Sea Spray...

@  Darth Gonzo : (21 July 2018 - 03:32 PM)

That moment when you realize GoBots is being talked about more then Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 02:11 PM)

Anyone have experience with HFTD Seaspray? I just bought a used one (for a buck!) and all his hip ratchets broke on first movement. Does he just generally have fragile ratchets or is GPS starting?

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 09:24 PM)

Remember it, for it is the last thing you will hear before I *shuffle* EXPRESS MY FEELINGS IN SONG!!!!!!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Blitzwing, eh?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Huh.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 06:29 PM)

He leaks his crankcase, then we all catch a few new dents.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 02:58 PM)

Quick, somebody put his hand in some warm oil and see what happens.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Guys, SSSHHHHH. Megatron is passed out right over there, and dude is a MEAN drunk. Don't wake him up.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 02:04 PM)

*checks Hasbro's offerings* so, never. :(

@  Jetstream C-18 : (20 July 2018 - 01:26 PM)

They're all hugged when Omega Supreme gets back

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 10:00 AM)

Megatron is hammered! Now, I, Starscream am leader of the Decepticons!

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 09:47 AM)

And megatron is so confused as to why no one is shooting at him anymore that he starts binge drinking.

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 AM)

Grimlock eats them for lunch.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 08:09 AM)

Optimus wants to free the Minicons. Ultra Magnus says it infringes states' rights.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 08:07 AM)

So... the nicest beings in the universe are fighting with each other?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 08:01 AM)

No Decepticons. It's Autobots Civil War.

@  Gryllid : (20 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)

New York Comic Con is in October, maybe there?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:49 AM)

So.. thus far, Hasbro only revealed Autobots for Siege. Any ideas which show they will reveal the Decepticons at?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:44 AM)

So where did the "Stege" logo come from? All I can find is Sipher posting it an making fun of it. Where did that inconvenient version originate?

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 11:53 PM)

True. But it was due to Transformers' use of the name that Saban at the time couldn't use it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 11:38 PM)

But that's not necessarily a reference, just an attempt to use "Technobable" name.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 10:57 PM)

It's not Power Rangers, but Saban's VR Troopers was originally going to be titled "Cybertron".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 09:26 PM)

@paladin Energon would be too obvious. That's why I like Ore-13. It's not overt.. but still a nice nod.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2018 - 08:05 PM)

the original Sentai called it "Enetron." all they have to change is ONE LETTER.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 06:26 PM)

@saberblade True.. But I don't know.. I just want something simple like the "Energy source" in Beast Morphers to be Ore-13 or something like that.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 05:41 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: Operation Overdrive did have a weapon called the "Transtech Armor" ;)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

*sigh* This is going to be a long subline.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

I already hate the overuse of "STEGE".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 04:16 PM)

I just want Power Ranger refferenes in TF and Vice versa now.

@  Onyxstrike : (19 July 2018 - 11:32 AM)

I think Hasbro might be after more than just my money this time around with these reveals.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 02:39 PM)

@TheMightyMollusk Thanks for clarifying.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM)

@Otaku, most people were oblivious. The smart ones did their emergency shopping the day before, so there wasn't much left anyway.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 09:37 AM)

@wonko Only happened a few times and I don't remember the exact details, but yeah.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 08:06 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Is that really the same thing? I mean, it is if the people were casually shopping and oblivious to the danger to them or the employees of the store, but if they were desperately trying to get needed supplies themselves... or am I just supposed to be smart enough to know you wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't the former? >_<

@  wonko the sane? : (18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Okay, what? I've had to explain why the TV wouldn't work when the power is out to children, but never to an adult in their right mind.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:44 AM)

*When I worked at the cable call center, some people wondered why their TV wouldn't work when there was an outage...

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:43 AM)

w

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 03:11 AM)

We had people still trying to shop while we were being pushed by state police to shut the store down due to flooding. The police finally had to help herd them out.

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Or working for an airline and people complaining about not being able to take off in severe weather, and expecting us to know when the bad weather will end. *points at window*

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:34 PM)

Outages/fire alarms are fun when you work retail and people complain that they can't keep shopping.

@  Echowarrior : (17 July 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Outages occasionally happened at the fulfillment center I used to work at. Never fun.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

Apparently the early shift (i.e. those who didn't participate in the walkout) were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for power to return, while the late shift couldn't even enter the building.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM)

Oh, wow. I thought the news about the website outtage would have been the topper, but that pretty much wins.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

Whoopsie.

First the union called for a two-day strike yesterday, and then today the entire city where the Amazon warehouse I work at is located apparently had a power outage.

So,uh. Seems like Amazon's Prime Day really didn't go well this year.

Photo

How did you find us?

The Allspark New Members New users Facebook Google twitter

98 replies to this topic

#1 Kayeon

Kayeon
  • Retired Staff
  • 4456 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hi New Allsparker,

We here at the Allspark would like to know how you came to find our little corner of the cyber-verse. So please tell us how you discovered The Allspark and as always welcome to the community!

For Example: I found The Allspark through google while searching for "Transformer Forums" and decided that I liked the community so went ahead and joined up.

What's your story?

If you have Steven Universe leaks please let me know. I need them.

#2 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 19919 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

I have no bloody clue.

#3 Ironbite

Ironbite

Gaze into the Thousand Faces of Death

• Supporter
  • 25699 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

I came here to insult and berate Master Fwiffo.  I stayed.

Ironbite-....still do the first part just not as blatantly.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

His style is A Punch In The Dick.

• Citizen
  • 22045 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I was looking for postage stamp-sized Beast Machines episodes and ended up here.

Isn't that crazy?

#5 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21883 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I got banned from TFW.

Glad I stayed here instead.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#6 SRobotOpossum

SRobotOpossum
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

I just happened to find you guys by looking on my own! I wanted to be apart of some sort of Transformers-friendly forum, and I found this one!

"Clarity of thought before rashness of action."- Shockwave

#7 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

I was peering into Cheets' window and saw the .url over his shoulder.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#8 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

You'll never believe this, but December 2005, I hear on the radio, that the word of the year is Podcast.

They explain what a podcast is and I go away thinking "ooo, this sounds interesting"

The first thing I do is look to see if there's a transformers podcast and hence I stumbled upon TF Wire.

All the hosts were from a site called the allspark and they often mentioned the site.

That's how I found this place. Because Podcast was word of the year.

QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#9 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 17987 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Beamer lured me here back in '05 with promises of quality posting and monthly art challenges.

• tec likes this

#10 unluckiness

unluckiness

THEY'RE IN MAH BELLY

• Apprentice Staff
  • 17359 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

I followed a link from the Toy Swapping article on TFWiki and stayed because the people 'round these parts were much more to my liking than the other sites I visited. Still are.

pDHhVB1.jpg

#11 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

Old an falling apart

• Supporter
  • 8102 posts
  • Location:Enjoying a fever dream, wondering where it's gonna lead

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

I was a regular at the TFCC forums and saw a link to here from TM2Dinobot (I think) and started posting here and fell in absolute love with my new home. I never looked back.

I got banned from TFW.

Glad I stayed here instead.

You were so only planning on staying for that week. And we hooked you Sis.

5473617b-d2fa-4bcd-8a25-8a0dd778f111_zps

I reject your reality and substitute my own

#12 Autoglut

Autoglut
  • Protoform
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hi, new guy here. Came in through other forums and websites that mention this. Can't deny it's a Transformers thing when you see "Allspark." 

#13 Kayeon

Kayeon
  • Retired Staff
  • 4456 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

Welcome! Glad you found us!

If you have Steven Universe leaks please let me know. I need them.

#14 Loki Corvinus

Loki Corvinus

Phantom of The Allspark

• Citizen
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

I've been a long time lurker here since 1999 after a friend introduced me to the place back when it was an EZ board.  It was after my first Botcon in 1998 and I got into the fandom. I stopped collecting Transformers during the middle of Beast Machines and got sucked back into the fandom in 2005 through a few myspace friends I had here. Began collecting again in 2006 and  officially registered in 2009...where antisocial me still didn't post for a good while. To be honest, out of all other transformers fan sites, this is the only one that feels like a real community.

Edited by Loki Corvinus, 12 June 2014 - 06:21 PM.

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” ~ Albert Einstein

#15 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1401 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I can't begin to remember how I first heard about the Allspark. It was a long time ago. I had been a member over at TFW from back when their boards were merged with Transfandom. I would lurk here some, but never signed up. At some point, I discovered that my current employer blocked TFW, but didn't block the Allspark. So I signed up here to give me an outlet at work.

They've stopped blocking TFW, but I'm more at home here these days.

#16 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

The story of how I came to be here today is a long and interesting one. And here it is. It all started in 1991 when a number of Marvel's top artists walked into the company's head office and demanded greater ownership and creative control over their work for the company. When Marvel president Terry Stewart refused their demands, several of these creators stomped out in a huff, which led to the founding of Image Comics and the subsequent printing of a great many chrome-foiled comic book covers for the next few years.

One of these artists was Erik Larsen, a former Spider-Man artist, who started a series at Image called Savage Dragon featuring a reimagined version of a character he had created as child. I didn't read the series right away, but the early success of the Savage Dragon series led to a spin-off series about a team of superheroes for hire, called Freak Force, the first issue of which I stumbled across one day browsing the selection at the local comic store in the fall of 1992. I liked the art in the book, and at the time almost any Image Comics #1 issue was a guaranteed future collector's item, so I picked it up. It was such a fun comic that I went right back out and bought any and all Savage Dragon issues I could find, scouring the '4 for a Buck' bins and eventually catching up with a complete run of the series.

Fast-forward about five years, and the internet was still barely out of its infancy. Maybe it could be said the internet was staggering through its toddlerhood? Anyway, towards the end of the 90s, I found the official Savage Dragon discussion board, The Savage Forum, where I met a ragtag bunch of nerds loosely known as the Brotherhood of the Fin (referencing the distinctive fin on Dragon's head). Some of these guys would go on to create comics of their own, like Robert Kirkman, who you'll no doubt know from his seminal works including Tech Jacket and Battle Pope.

Among the Brotherhood of the Fin were the Three Gregs. One of the Gregs - Greg K, as he was known to us - was around less and less as the months went by. Rumor held that he was setting up a Transformers fan site and discussion board, though with Beast Wars and Beast Machines being the only Transformers-related property being marketed at the time, this was hard to fathom. Pat Lee hadn't yet emerged to drag the franchise from the depths of 80s obscurity. The Toys R Us 'Commemorative Series' reissues were still a few years away, though there were grainy images of "Car-Robots" figures starting to surface out of Japan. I had long been a fan of Transformers, though my interest had waned during the Generation 2 years. The notion that there were others online who might be interested in talking about the cartoons and toys I had enjoyed in my youth caught me, so I lurked on the site for a while before registering an account in late 2002.

Anyway, to answer your question, I kinda knew Greg before he started the site.

#17 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59676 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Not many people know this but I was a moderator on the old, old, Savage Dragon forums. The ones that looked like this

Topic

|_Reply

|_Reply to that reply

|_Reply to that reply 2

|_Your reply sucks

I even submitted a concept for a more up to date message forum ( I think it was a precursor to VBulletin) and everyone HATED how the topics and replies were in their own post instead of that ant trail of replies so the idea was scrapped. After I had moved on I think everything got dumped into the Image site and people by then were used to 'modern' forums.

#18 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16696 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Followed a TV Tropes link here back when one of Friendship is Magic's layout artists was an active poster. Found the forum non-terrifying with the bonus that I grew up with Transformers G1.
Spoiler

#19 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

It's been SO LONG. I have no idea anymore.
  • tec likes this

#20 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 23962 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

I followed a link on TFWiki or something and decided to register because I was getting back into Transformers.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Allspark, New Members, New users, Facebook, Google, twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users