Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Plokatron : (24 February 2018 - 09:02 AM)

@unluckiness Heavy Weapons has bear hands! Too bad Demoman doesn't he sure wants some.

@  unluckiness : (24 February 2018 - 08:50 AM)

Who needs weapons when you can tear things apart with your BEAR HANDS

@  Echowarrior : (24 February 2018 - 08:41 AM)

I still love that toy. I just wish he had a handheld weapon of some sort.

@  Bass X0 : (24 February 2018 - 08:20 AM)

Wow. Somebody actually remembered Polar Claw exists. I'm amazed.

@  Pennpenn : (24 February 2018 - 06:17 AM)

Well, if you like pork I guess.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2018 - 05:12 AM)

Delicious when slowly roasted over an open fire with the right herbs and spices?

@  unluckiness : (24 February 2018 - 05:03 AM)

What is a man?

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2018 - 04:45 AM)

Meh, humans, what have they done for me lately?

@  Bass X0 : (24 February 2018 - 03:10 AM)

I'm sure God regrets wiping us out with a flood then promising never to do it again too soon. He had no idea just how low and depraved his creation would become later.

@  D Immortalis : (24 February 2018 - 01:58 AM)

yes. yes it should.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 February 2018 - 11:39 PM)

I almost started a topic in the Politics & Religion thread entitled "Should humanity be wiped out?"

@  Plokatron : (23 February 2018 - 11:11 PM)

@Noideaforaname Slag oh well I have a better image host anyway. Thank you DA.

@  Noideaforaname : (23 February 2018 - 11:00 PM)

Wow, so Photobucket got rid of the "download albums" instead of trying to fix it. They sure know how to find new lows.

@  Plokatron : (23 February 2018 - 10:54 PM)

@Otaku I mean not going to start a flame war/argument on politics my friend. :D @Tm_Silverclaw I made a mistake about posting some personal junk the other day in Shout which would of been better suited to a purchase thread. I'm just trying not to make anyone mad is all by following what they asked me not to do. :) I'm sure you understand.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 February 2018 - 08:57 PM)

I don't get the complaint about long shouts...

@  Otaku : (23 February 2018 - 08:47 PM)

(Unless that was the point in which case, my bad! Went right over my head. XP)

@  Otaku : (23 February 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Um, @Plokatron, saying you're not going to get into politics in the Squawkbox right after getting into politics in the Squawkbox is so like politics, I think it counts as politInception. ;)

@  Plokatron : (23 February 2018 - 08:22 PM)

@2018 When I said I'd do it ASAP I meant first thing I got to my computer. I was on my Wii U at the time (still need to figure out why my switch won't connect via ethernet but Wii U is good for youtube before bed) I have made the change to the article if anyone finds it incorrect (and I doubt they will I know my Locomotives :D ) they can deal with it themselves. @Bass X0 What no "Just do it!"? :D and you are indeed right. Dump can kiss my skid plate. Obama was better than we like to think he was but not getting into politics here. That's what Threads are for if I even care. Now I must shut up this shout is too long again but it is relevent and not just my life this time.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 February 2018 - 06:12 PM)

James Cameron doesn't have the resources to go deep enough to find THAT bar...

@  Foffy : (23 February 2018 - 05:38 PM)

it is a bar so low that it's deep underground

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2018 - 03:43 PM)

Not a high bar.

@  Bass X0 : (23 February 2018 - 03:42 PM)

still a better quote than anything Trump has ever said.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2018 - 03:35 PM)

Thanks, Obama!

@  Bass X0 : (23 February 2018 - 03:26 PM)

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

@  2018 : (23 February 2018 - 08:24 AM)

If anyone has an issue they'll revert your changes and tell you why on the wiki. If you're really bothered there's a thread on this board to ask in.

@  Plokatron : (22 February 2018 - 09:35 PM)

@2018 I'll do so ASAP then if no one minds. :)

@  2018 : (22 February 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Go change it then!

@  Plokatron : (22 February 2018 - 07:22 PM)

Also I just found a Error not listed on the Wiki for "Plus One" episode of Prime. The locomotive in said episode starts with slow puffing sounds like a steam locomotive but it is clearly a Diesel-Electric.

@  Plokatron : (22 February 2018 - 07:14 PM)

I said it wasn't recomended didn't I?

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2018 - 06:54 PM)

There's still the background radiation. If all you had was a sealed helmet and an air tank, how long would you want to hang out being dosed by that?

@  Plokatron : (22 February 2018 - 06:52 PM)

Far more likely for us to boil. Since no air pressure means rapid case of The Bends. If we were aclumated slow enough we could possibly keep going with a Oxygen tank and sealed helmet. But it's not recomended.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 February 2018 - 10:49 AM)

Or a human would freeze to death if dumped out into the vacuum of outer space.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 February 2018 - 10:46 AM)

Or the left hemisphere of the brain is exclusively responsible for logic while the right is responsible for creativity.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 February 2018 - 10:45 AM)

@Pennpenn Haha, like human blood is blue without oxygen?

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 February 2018 - 10:30 AM)

That's a pretty crappy gift.

@  Robowang : (22 February 2018 - 09:45 AM)

The magic butthole fairy brought me a turd

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2018 - 07:28 AM)

Ah, the only "science fact" I dislike more than "humans only use 10% of the brain".

@  Foffy : (22 February 2018 - 01:39 AM)

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2018 - 10:22 PM)

Nothing wrong a good B movie now and then. What's bothering me is that the search on seems to work based on titles.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2018 - 09:50 PM)

Not quite as bad as FilmRise's lineup, though

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2018 - 09:50 PM)

Crackle is full of a lot of low budget B movies, too

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2018 - 09:47 PM)

urg. Sounds as bad as broadcast TV.

@  Shrug : (21 February 2018 - 08:24 PM)

Completely free. Has commercials inserted in awkward moments. IIRC they tend to slot some in right before the credits. So, show ends. Buffers. Commercials. Buffers. Credits. Buffers. Intro to next show. Buffers. Commercials. Buffers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2018 - 07:50 PM)

crackle is actually free too? I was oddly leary of that one for some reason, but couldn't find any proof it was pay.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2018 - 07:38 PM)

They ARE an official content licensor, not "one of those other free sites"

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2018 - 07:37 PM)

One of several free VOD sites/apps that are ad supported. I think Tubi is Paramount. Similar to Crackle, which is owned by Sony

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2018 - 06:51 PM)

what is Tubi tv?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2018 - 06:01 PM)

And there's an android app! Sweet!

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2018 - 05:57 PM)

oohhh, thanks for the heads up. Seems like lots of decent stuff on there too. Bookmarked.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2018 - 05:07 PM)

So, I guess Tubi TV got some deal with Hasbro. They got the entire Transformers saga through Animated...minus Beast Wars for some reason.

Photo

How did you find us?

The Allspark New Members New users Facebook Google twitter

94 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Kayla Kaon

Miss Kayla Kaon
  • Protoform
  • 4450 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hi New Allsparker,

We here at the Allspark would like to know how you came to find our little corner of the cyber-verse. So please tell us how you discovered The Allspark and as always welcome to the community!

For Example: I found The Allspark through google while searching for "Transformer Forums" and decided that I liked the community so went ahead and joined up.

What's your story?

If you have Steven Universe leaks please let me know. I need them.

#2 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly

7! 7! 7!

• Staff
  • 18165 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

I have no bloody clue.

#3 Ironbite

Ironbite

I've got the winning formula

• Supporter
  • 24740 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

I came here to insult and berate Master Fwiffo.  I stayed.

Ironbite-....still do the first part just not as blatantly.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Anyway, here's WonderBRAAAAAAAAAUN

• Citizen
  • 21698 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I was looking for postage stamp-sized Beast Machines episodes and ended up here.

Isn't that crazy?

#5 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21338 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I got banned from TFW.

Glad I stayed here instead.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#6 SRobotOpossum

SRobotOpossum
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

I just happened to find you guys by looking on my own! I wanted to be apart of some sort of Transformers-friendly forum, and I found this one!

"Clarity of thought before rashness of action."- Shockwave

#7 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7852 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

I was peering into Cheets' window and saw the .url over his shoulder.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#8 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

You'll never believe this, but December 2005, I hear on the radio, that the word of the year is Podcast.

They explain what a podcast is and I go away thinking "ooo, this sounds interesting"

The first thing I do is look to see if there's a transformers podcast and hence I stumbled upon TF Wire.

All the hosts were from a site called the allspark and they often mentioned the site.

That's how I found this place. Because Podcast was word of the year.

QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#9 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 17958 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Beamer lured me here back in '05 with promises of quality posting and monthly art challenges.

• tec likes this

#10 unluckiness

unluckiness

THEY'RE IN MAH BELLY

• Citizen
  • 16287 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

I followed a link from the Toy Swapping article on TFWiki and stayed because the people 'round these parts were much more to my liking than the other sites I visited. Still are.

pDHhVB1.jpg

#11 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

Old an falling apart

• Supporter
  • 8070 posts
  • Location:Enjoying a fever dream, wondering where it's gonna lead

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

I was a regular at the TFCC forums and saw a link to here from TM2Dinobot (I think) and started posting here and fell in absolute love with my new home. I never looked back.

I got banned from TFW.

Glad I stayed here instead.

You were so only planning on staying for that week. And we hooked you Sis.

5473617b-d2fa-4bcd-8a25-8a0dd778f111_zps

I reject your reality and substitute my own

#12 Autoglut

Autoglut
  • Protoform
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hi, new guy here. Came in through other forums and websites that mention this. Can't deny it's a Transformers thing when you see "Allspark." 

#13 Miss Kayla Kaon

Miss Kayla Kaon
  • Protoform
  • 4450 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

Welcome! Glad you found us!

If you have Steven Universe leaks please let me know. I need them.

#14 Loki Corvinus

Loki Corvinus

Phantom of The Allspark

• Citizen
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

I've been a long time lurker here since 1999 after a friend introduced me to the place back when it was an EZ board.  It was after my first Botcon in 1998 and I got into the fandom. I stopped collecting Transformers during the middle of Beast Machines and got sucked back into the fandom in 2005 through a few myspace friends I had here. Began collecting again in 2006 and  officially registered in 2009...where antisocial me still didn't post for a good while. To be honest, out of all other transformers fan sites, this is the only one that feels like a real community.

Edited by Loki Corvinus, 12 June 2014 - 06:21 PM.

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” ~ Albert Einstein

#15 Exatron

Exatron
  • Citizen
  • 1270 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I can't begin to remember how I first heard about the Allspark. It was a long time ago. I had been a member over at TFW from back when their boards were merged with Transfandom. I would lurk here some, but never signed up. At some point, I discovered that my current employer blocked TFW, but didn't block the Allspark. So I signed up here to give me an outlet at work.

They've stopped blocking TFW, but I'm more at home here these days.

#16 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

The story of how I came to be here today is a long and interesting one. And here it is. It all started in 1991 when a number of Marvel's top artists walked into the company's head office and demanded greater ownership and creative control over their work for the company. When Marvel president Terry Stewart refused their demands, several of these creators stomped out in a huff, which led to the founding of Image Comics and the subsequent printing of a great many chrome-foiled comic book covers for the next few years.

One of these artists was Erik Larsen, a former Spider-Man artist, who started a series at Image called Savage Dragon featuring a reimagined version of a character he had created as child. I didn't read the series right away, but the early success of the Savage Dragon series led to a spin-off series about a team of superheroes for hire, called Freak Force, the first issue of which I stumbled across one day browsing the selection at the local comic store in the fall of 1992. I liked the art in the book, and at the time almost any Image Comics #1 issue was a guaranteed future collector's item, so I picked it up. It was such a fun comic that I went right back out and bought any and all Savage Dragon issues I could find, scouring the '4 for a Buck' bins and eventually catching up with a complete run of the series.

Fast-forward about five years, and the internet was still barely out of its infancy. Maybe it could be said the internet was staggering through its toddlerhood? Anyway, towards the end of the 90s, I found the official Savage Dragon discussion board, The Savage Forum, where I met a ragtag bunch of nerds loosely known as the Brotherhood of the Fin (referencing the distinctive fin on Dragon's head). Some of these guys would go on to create comics of their own, like Robert Kirkman, who you'll no doubt know from his seminal works including Tech Jacket and Battle Pope.

Among the Brotherhood of the Fin were the Three Gregs. One of the Gregs - Greg K, as he was known to us - was around less and less as the months went by. Rumor held that he was setting up a Transformers fan site and discussion board, though with Beast Wars and Beast Machines being the only Transformers-related property being marketed at the time, this was hard to fathom. Pat Lee hadn't yet emerged to drag the franchise from the depths of 80s obscurity. The Toys R Us 'Commemorative Series' reissues were still a few years away, though there were grainy images of "Car-Robots" figures starting to surface out of Japan. I had long been a fan of Transformers, though my interest had waned during the Generation 2 years. The notion that there were others online who might be interested in talking about the cartoons and toys I had enjoyed in my youth caught me, so I lurked on the site for a while before registering an account in late 2002.

Anyway, to answer your question, I kinda knew Greg before he started the site.

#17 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59646 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Not many people know this but I was a moderator on the old, old, Savage Dragon forums. The ones that looked like this

Topic

|_Reply

|_Reply to that reply

|_Reply to that reply 2

|_Your reply sucks

I even submitted a concept for a more up to date message forum ( I think it was a precursor to VBulletin) and everyone HATED how the topics and replies were in their own post instead of that ant trail of replies so the idea was scrapped. After I had moved on I think everything got dumped into the Image site and people by then were used to 'modern' forums.

#18 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16071 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Followed a TV Tropes link here back when one of Friendship is Magic's layout artists was an active poster. Found the forum non-terrifying with the bonus that I grew up with Transformers G1.
Spoiler

#19 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

It's been SO LONG. I have no idea anymore.
  • tec likes this

#20 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 23072 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

I followed a link on TFWiki or something and decided to register because I was getting back into Transformers.

tumblr_oyyada3sti1qzq67s3w.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Allspark, New Members, New users, Facebook, Google, twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users