Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 January 2021 - 06:08 PM)

But eventually destroys everything.

@  tigerhawk : (17 January 2021 - 05:03 PM)

Heals many wounds

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 January 2021 - 02:03 PM)

Time.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2021 - 07:53 AM)

I dunno, maybe. I'm not clairvoyant either...

@  Nevermore : (17 January 2021 - 04:30 AM)

Covid?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 09:50 PM)

At this point, if I'm going to die then it won't be the wait what killed me. It didn't help any, mind you, but it's not what got me.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 January 2021 - 09:37 PM)

Technically we are all literally dying to play with our next figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 05:36 PM)

I am figuratively dying to play with that cheetor.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Still waiting for my box from BBTS to arrive.

@  tigerhawk : (16 January 2021 - 04:29 PM)

Kingdoms is fantabulous and it's only the first wave.

@  tigerhawk : (12 January 2021 - 12:10 PM)

My Super Collection Megatron always had two left legs and I just discovered my Thrilling 30 Crosscut has two right hips.

@  Nevermore : (11 January 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Fortunately, it's only Netflix Hound, so not really much of a loss here.

@  Nevermore : (11 January 2021 - 07:55 PM)

So it's been a while since I've had a misassembled Transformers toy.

@  Echowarrior : (11 January 2021 - 10:02 AM)

More Micromasters would be welcome.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 January 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Instructions unclear, have more sports cars.

@  tigerhawk : (11 January 2021 - 01:57 AM)

Or they could make the other Micromasters of the teams they half assed.

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 January 2021 - 11:20 PM)

There should be a box set of eight Stakeouts.

@  Bass X0 : (10 January 2021 - 08:27 PM)

There should be a box-set of Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet. But I'm not expecting it.

@  Nevermore : (10 January 2021 - 07:51 PM)

I hope there are re-releases this year!

@  tigerhawk : (10 January 2021 - 03:59 PM)

I hope there's rereleases of Earthrise Ramjet, Dirge and Ratchet next year.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 January 2021 - 07:51 AM)

Oh no, he was loved. I'd argue he could have had a better life physically, but he was loved. Deeply.

@  Telly : (08 January 2021 - 01:42 AM)

as long s/he gave love and was loved, it was a good life

@  Echowarrior : (07 January 2021 - 11:10 PM)

Poor puppy. Poor kid.

@  CORVUS : (07 January 2021 - 03:04 PM)

My condolences :(

@  wonko the sane? : (07 January 2021 - 10:45 AM)

So: My sisters dog just had a heart attack and died... while her 12 year old son was walking him. Welcome to 2021 everybody!

@  Dekafox : (04 January 2021 - 07:24 PM)

Except they're Deceptican'ts usually.

@  Devcon : (04 January 2021 - 05:17 PM)

Depending on which dub: Either Decepticons or Decepticans.

@  Bass X0 : (04 January 2021 - 05:03 PM)

Deception is the French word for disappointment. What does that make the Decepticons in France?

@  Echowarrior : (03 January 2021 - 11:29 PM)

We're just tiny little specks, about the size of Mickey Rooney.

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 January 2021 - 04:33 PM)

It's a great big universe, and we're all really puny.

@  Rycochet : (03 January 2021 - 01:30 PM)

That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned, a sun that is the source of all our power

@  Rycochet : (03 January 2021 - 01:30 PM)

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at nine hundred miles an hour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (02 January 2021 - 11:57 PM)

relative to the speed that it's swirling around the centre of the galaxy, its rotation is fairly slow

@  PlutoniumBoss : (02 January 2021 - 09:31 PM)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 January 2021 - 07:21 PM)

The Earth moving gave us 2021.

@  ▲ndrusi : (02 January 2021 - 10:50 AM)

It does that.

@  tigerhawk : (02 January 2021 - 10:11 AM)

I think the Earth is moving.

@  Nevermore : (02 January 2021 - 06:35 AM)

Sunday evenings are awesome. Looking at the clock at 8 PM and thinking "I still have plenty of time before going to bed..."

@  Nevermore : (02 January 2021 - 06:33 AM)

Now I've been working permanent late shift for almost three years. Don't regret it one bit. One of the rare cases where the needs of the company overlap with my own preferences.

@  Nevermore : (02 January 2021 - 06:32 AM)

Before the permanent late shift was introduced three years ago (which I volunteered for as soon as the form became available), I always tended to plan my vacation for early shift weeks. Since the majority of the people in most departments prefer to work early shift and thus tended to plan their vacation for late shift weeks, there were usually enough slots available for me to get my request fulfilled.

@  TM2-Megatron : (01 January 2021 - 05:26 PM)

I was promoted last December, so this past year is my first with the company where I've been able to get whatever vacation I wanted. Instead of competing with 100 other people, there's now only 1 (out of 3 others who share my job) that's been in the building longer than me, and so has first dibs at weeks. It's pretty easy to work it out between ourselves before we give in our requests, though

@  TM2-Megatron : (01 January 2021 - 05:24 PM)

But there's also departments to consider, since we have a varieity of types of machines and not everyone is qualified to run everything. Altogether, there are a lot of ways you can get screwed

@  TM2-Megatron : (01 January 2021 - 05:21 PM)

So a few of the same rules, a few different ones. For regular employees, requests need to be in by January 15th. If they are, those are doled out based on seniority. You're only guaranteed 2 weeks in "prime time" (basically June, July, August). Anything submitted after January 15th is given out first come, first served based on availability

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 January 2021 - 02:39 PM)

So who said "Jumanji!"?

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 January 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I knew a woman at Target who was forced to use up her vacation time before she could qualify for maternity leave. Then they denied the leave because she technically hadn't been at work for two weeks beforehand.

@  Nevermore : (01 January 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Also, if you become sick during your vacation and you turn in a doctor's sick note, it means that you don't lose your vacation days, because according to the law, vacation is intended for recreation, not for recovery from sickness or injury.

@  Nevermore : (01 January 2021 - 04:00 AM)

Another priority is "vacation request for the next year turned in before the deadline". Like, you missed the deadline, you have to make do with what's left.

@  Nevermore : (01 January 2021 - 03:59 AM)

No, they prioritize vacation during school holidays for employees with school-age children. Also, only three of the six weeks during the summer holidays per employee so a larger number of employees can get their requests fulfilled.

@  TM2-Megatron : (31 December 2020 - 08:14 PM)

like, not company-wide, obviously, but by facility

@  TM2-Megatron : (31 December 2020 - 08:14 PM)

That's actually not bad at all for such a large company. Do they prioritize vacation by seniority?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Boss Fight Studio's Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Action Figures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60677 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

You guys really need to check this out -- with all the customizers and kit bashers we have here this is a great line for anyone, not to mention the company Boss Fight Studios is put together by a bunch of Hasbro employees and freelancers who've worked on pretty much everything across the board from GI Joe, Transformers (Even Fun Pub) and Star Wars

447a2565ff24275b8ca4e4f82d197f08_large.j

To paraphrase an interesting man, "We don't always promote Kickstarters, but when we do it's because they are amazing." That's the case with the start up Boss Fight Studios and their modular action figure system Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Virtruvian, as in The Vitruvian Man and H.A.C.K.S which stands for Highly Articulated Character Kit System. Boss Fight Studios themselves are a relatively new start up company but they come with quite the pedigree. Collectively, their works include input and design on some of the brands that we all know and love like Marvel super heroes, Star Wars, GI Joe and of course Transformers.
But what is Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S? According to the Kickstarter video it is a series 4-inch scale figures that will allow collectors to not only experience a wide array of articulation, but as well as the ability to disassemble and reassemble with ease. This allows customizers to both paint and create new figures from the interchangeable parts, while still allowing for sturdy completed figures once put back together.

Kit - Although Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. action figures come fully assembled in the package, they're designed to be a customizer's dream come true. Want to give your Spartan some custom painted armor or sculpt gauntlets on your Gorgon? No problem! Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. figures are made to disassemble with minimal effort for easy customizing, yet hold together during posing and display.
3d0c4d2d3cbb03ce2910999be41b716d_large.j Medusa - Queen of the Gorgons

The initial theme at launch will be Greek Warriors and Gorgons that will include a initial wave of four figures plus several exclusive, many available only from Kickstarter. Just looking at the painted prototypes it's clear this will be a very well designed and thought out line that won't be limited by what you get in the package thanks to the array of options that will allow you to customize them. Even if you don't customize, these figures do not disappoint.
There are tons more designs, prototypes and pictures on the Kickstarter page so you should really check it out there if you are interested. These guys and gals really have a handle on what makes action figures fun and exciting. You can check out their home page here and click any of the images or this link to check out the Kickstarter and back them. And as always feel free to follow and discuss this project on our forums.

#2 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24437 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

I've seen this Kickstarter. Although I don't collect at this scale, so there isn't much in it for me, personally, except the potential for more mythology-based lines.

Edited by Naas, 04 June 2014 - 11:38 PM.

#3 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4171 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

sounds interesting. (Itching to make some Soul calibur characters) 

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#4 Canthros

Canthros

Why don't Pac-Man wanna eat eyes?

• Citizen
  • 2919 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

Looks neat. I hope the choice of themes appeals more to other people, though.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

#5 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm glad this is taking off and getting funded. I only saw the art before this, but it certainly shows a lot of promise. Very cool stuff, I hope they branch out!

#6 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24437 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

The constellation guys look cool, but exclusives or not, I can't say that I won't regret spending $85 plus shipping on them.

Also, anyone else kinda bugged about the low number of famous named characters so far, at least on the non-Gorgon side? I mean, seems there's just Leonidas and the Perseus constellation.

Edited by Naas, 05 June 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#7 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11996 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Keeping with original work, I'd be interested to see them branch out into sci-fi (with some more nonhumanoid options).

Maybe even look into getting a few licenses --this level of articulation is exactly what A:tLA deserved but never got.

#8 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4351 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Well, I'm in for the $45 Bronze warrior level. I might up it to the constellation 2-pack on account of Perseus being my second favorite mythological hero after Diomedes, but we'll see.

I normally don't collect anything outside of Transformers anymore, but I want to support these guys. The initial goal offerings aren't super enticing, but I really like the pre-curse Medusa, her sisters, and the underworld Spartan. Given the huge amount of initial support it seems likely it'll reach that level.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#9 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hmmm. I may back for a Medusa, depending on my budget at the start of the month. I concur with Cybersnark that I'd like to see scifi stuff from them.

#10 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60677 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

I'm going to have the opportunity to interview these guys -- is there anything you would want me to ask ?

#11 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24437 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'm going to have the opportunity to interview these guys -- is there anything you would want me to ask ?

Well, there's the obvious "what further plans can you tell us about?" kind of question. And maybe something like "why Greek and not any other mythology?" or "what other mythologies would you like to make action figures for?".

Edited by Naas, 05 June 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#12 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Definitely ask if they intend to do scifi figures. Make it clear that at least some of your board members would be all over that.

#13 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, that one.  I don't care about Greek figures, but give me some nifty sci-fi stuff and I'll probably give it a second look.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#14 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24437 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

I honestly care more about the potential for more mythology lines simply because other genres already seem better-represented in toys.

#15 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Oh, I am my daddy! Wait... what?

• Supporter
  • 4847 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Personally, I'd jump in on the Kickstarter if the blank basic figures were offered instead of the mythological themed ones. I'd love a set of both male and female blanks to fiddle with. I do hope this Kickstarter is successful (and last I checked it was nearing its funding goal), as I'd love to see the blanks at real somewhere.

WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!

Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098

Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787

Pokémon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345

Actual friends: um....

#16 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49028 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

*Checks the date*

I swear these things have been on Kickstarter before. Am I going mad?

#17 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

To all the people wondering if other (non-Greek) mythologies would be represented, BFS has teased a wave 2 Half-Orc figure that seems to be tapping into a medieval/D&D vibe.

#18 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2945 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

*Checks the date*

Yep, totally mad.

To all the people wondering if other (non-Greek) mythologies would be represented, BFS has teased a wave 2 Half-Orc figure that seems to be tapping into a medieval/D&D vibe.

Aye he will look great on a Bridge Direct Warg.

Also the initial funding for these has been passed and nearing $80,000 with 36 days still to go.

10341608_517277281733460_106495524213624

Posted from their facebook.

I am already planing out customs with these new bodies, Xena (and a Calisto) will be pretty easy to do with only the heads being the most work intensive. A bunch of Argonauts along with Jason. You could easily mix these with some Narnia Minotaur, Satyr and Faun figures...

Photobucket blows chunks

#19 Canthros

Canthros

Why don't Pac-Man wanna eat eyes?

• Citizen
  • 2919 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

*Checks the date*

Are you thinking of that Kickstarter with mythological heroes from multiple traditions? Had, like, Cú Chullain and Rama? I think? I want to say that was somehow a Xevoz derivative.

ETA: that thread that Naas linked, down there ↓

Edited by Canthros, 05 June 2014 - 08:49 PM.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

#20 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24437 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

*Checks the date*

Are you thinking of this one?