Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

TFwiki.net thread: or, the All-New, All-Different Community Portal

tfwiki.net wiki

13620 replies to this topic

#13481 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9315 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:51 PM

Fake-out's not the right word; the ambiguity was deliberate setup for a plot thread Roberts initially had planned but then chose not to go through with.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 09 May 2020 - 02:52 PM.

#13482 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4953 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:00 PM

Why did Scrapface have a page that was deleted?

It was not a very good page.

#13483 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13600 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:48 PM

The theory for why Adventure Roadblock only came with one Targetmaster partner makes no sense.

https://tfwiki.net/w...ock_(Adventure)

It suggests that because Holepunch is mostly made up of parts cast in a plastic color not shared with Scoop, the figure was easier to omit for budget reasons. Except Caliburst doesn't share most of his plastic colors with Scoop either! That's why the Caliburst redecos that were available with redecos of Scoop had main plastic colors not shared with the respective Scoop redeco.

There are at least seven different plastic colors found between Scoop, Holepunch and Caliburst. Two of them are yellow, two are orange. Only one of the orange plastic colors is shared between all three figures, while the two yellow plastic colors are not shared between Scoop and Caliburst. Although I don't own either Adventure Roadblock nor BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound, the photos of those toys seem to back me up on this.

Most of Holepunch's parts are cast in blue plastic. Those parts become a slightly lighter blue for Cline (included with BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound).

Most of Caliburst's parts are cast in deep yellow plastic. Those parts become gunmetal gray for "Targetmaster" (included with Adventure Roadblock), and orange for Dia (included with BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound).

Scoop's hands, elbow joints, shoulder joints, hips and thighs are cast in a considerably lighter and paler yellow plastic than the yellow plastic used for Caliburst. Those parts become dark metallic purple for Adventure Roadblock, and light gray for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

Both Holepunch and Caliburst's flip-around 5mm peg pieces and their robot backs are cast in flat orange plastic, a color shared with Scoop's shoulders, the back half of his torso and the hinge connecting the driver's cabin to his back. Those parts become purple for Adventure Roadblock and "Targetmaster", and white for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound, Dia and Cline.

Scoop's shoulders, forearms,knee joints, lower legs, feet, the front half oh his torso, the hinged chest, the front/outer half of his head and his shovel are cast in shiny orange plastic. Those parts become lime green for Adventure Roadblock, and white for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

All four of Scoop's wheels and the two parts of his shovel hinge are cast in black plastic. Those parts remain black for both Adventure Roadblock and BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

Lastly, the rear/inner half of Scoop's head (for light-piping) and his driver's cabin are cast in clear light blue plastic, with the cabin partially painted orange, leaving only the transparent windows. Those parts become colorless clear for Adventure Roadblock, and clear orange for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

So no, there's no specific reason why Takara decided to omit one of the two Targetmaster figures, nor why they omitted this particular one and not the other. They could have as well included a redeco of Holepunch rather than Caliburst if they really wanted to only include one Targetmaster figure, and it  wouldn't have made any difference in terms of shared plastic colors.

Edited by Nevermore, 13 May 2020 - 12:52 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#13484 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13600 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

The theory for why Adventure Roadblock only came with one Targetmaster partner makes no sense.

https://tfwiki.net/w...ock_(Adventure)

It suggests that because Holepunch is mostly made up of parts cast in a plastic color not shared with Scoop, the figure was easier to omit for budget reasons. Except Caliburst doesn't share most of his plastic colors with Scoop either! That's why the Caliburst redecos that were available with redecos of Scoop had main plastic colors not shared with the respective Scoop redeco.

There are at least seven different plastic colors found between Scoop, Holepunch and Caliburst. Two of them are yellow, two are orange. Only one of the orange plastic colors is shared between all three figures, while the two yellow plastic colors are not shared between Scoop and Caliburst. Although I don't own either Adventure Roadblock nor BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound, the photos of those toys seem to back me up on this.

Most of Holepunch's parts are cast in blue plastic. Those parts become a slightly lighter blue for Cline (included with BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound).

Most of Caliburst's parts are cast in deep yellow plastic. Those parts become gunmetal gray for "Targetmaster" (included with Adventure Roadblock), and orange for Dia (included with BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound).

Scoop's hands, elbow joints, shoulder joints, hips and thighs are cast in a considerably lighter and paler yellow plastic than the yellow plastic used for Caliburst. Those parts become dark metallic purple for Adventure Roadblock, and light gray for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

Both Holepunch and Caliburst's flip-around 5mm peg pieces and their robot backs are cast in flat orange plastic, a color shared with Scoop's shoulders, the back half of his torso and the hinge connecting the driver's cabin to his back. Those parts become purple for Adventure Roadblock and "Targetmaster", and white for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound, Dia and Cline.

Scoop's shoulders, forearms,knee joints, lower legs, feet, the front half oh his torso, the hinged chest, the front/outer half of his head and his shovel are cast in shiny orange plastic. Those parts become lime green for Adventure Roadblock, and white for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

All four of Scoop's wheels and the two parts of his shovel hinge are cast in black plastic. Those parts remain black for both Adventure Roadblock and BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

Lastly, the rear/inner half of Scoop's head (for light-piping) and his driver's cabin are cast in clear light blue plastic, with the cabin partially painted orange, leaving only the transparent windows. Those parts become colorless clear for Adventure Roadblock, and clear orange for BotCon 2015 Sgt. Hound.

So no, there's no specific reason why Takara decided to omit one of the two Targetmaster figures, nor why they omitted this particular one and not the other. They could have as well included a redeco of Holepunch rather than Caliburst if they really wanted to only include one Targetmaster figure, and it  wouldn't have made any difference in terms of shared plastic colors.

Aaaand it's just been pointed out to me that I was the doofus who added that theory in the first place. Man, what a moron, that 2015 me.

Edited by Nevermore, 13 May 2020 - 06:05 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#13485 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8931 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

Of course, the only suspect you'd never expect: yourself! The perfect crime!

#13486 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52679 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:02 PM

I feel like if you could tell your 2015 self some stuff now Adventure Roadblock would be pretty low on the list.

card-strongarm.jpg

#13487 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18759 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:38 PM

2020 Nevermore, looking at his pile of discounted Jim Carrey action figures and Native American tents: ...oh. Shit.

#13488 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17201 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:30 PM

Not sure where else to ask this:

If the DJD rejected Shockwave's attempted bargain because they wouldn't take targets on the List out of sequence, then why is it when they found the duplicate Lost Light they abandoned their initial plan once they learned Drift was there?

Edited by Thylacine 2000, 20 May 2020 - 12:31 PM.

#13489 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 2052 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:14 PM

One was happenstance, the other was bargaining.

The DJD's reputation can't allow for the idea that they can be bargained or reasoned with. "We don't negotiate with terrorists", is probably how Tarn would have seen it. And implicitly Shockwave was probably higher on The List than any of his crew. He was gambling on quantity over quality satisfying Tarn, while the opposite is probably true.

On the other hand, their deal with Brainstorm was an independent agreement, not a rule codified in the Decepticon Code. And it was based on them apparently NOT knowing Drift was on board first. Like Tarn said in #39, they were high on drugs, saw a high value target, and just went kill crazy.

Honoring their deal to Brainstorm wasn't a DJD mandated policy, while not making a deal with Shockwave in the first place was.

Edited by Xaaron, 20 May 2020 - 02:16 PM.

#13490 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4953 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

Also they were juiced up on Nuke when they visited the Lost Light so they weren't in the best frame of mind.

#13491 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52679 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

Its also entirely possible Tarn is merely hypocritical.

card-strongarm.jpg

#13492 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 2052 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

I read that as "hypothetical" and I thought whoa, this just got philosophical.

#13493 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31049 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:55 PM

I read that as "hypothetical"

Me too! :o

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#13494 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13600 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:39 AM

Shouki's page claims he was available via Transformers Generations 2014 vol. 1, but the page for the book makes no mention of this figure, only talking about Goshooter.

https://tfwiki.net/w...uki#Generations

https://tfwiki.net/w...enerations_2014

aR2oX8u.jpg

#13495 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:20 AM

Shouki's page is correct. His toy came with the first volume of the 2014 book, with a vote in it to decide which toy would come in volume 2, which ended up being Goshooter.

The Generations book pages, in general, are quite light on details, being books in a language that most of us can't read and published in a country most of us aren't from.

#13496 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13600 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Blazemaster and Tailwhip are said to be Eurocopter Dauphins, but their redeco Evac is said to be the US variant Eurocopter Dolphin instead. Is there a noticeable difference between the two models? (Blades has no alternate mode stated at all.)

Edited by Nevermore, 24 May 2020 - 01:06 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#13497 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27552 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:09 PM

Given the names, I think that's probably Attack of the Autocorrect or similar.

#13498 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4953 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

it's useful to look at the page histories. The pages originally named the copter as a Bell 412. An IP editor changed the Evac page to say it was a HH-65 Dolphin, and following a discussion on Blazemaster's talk page, LV changed the other two pages to Dauphin, but left Evac as a Dolphin, presumably for the reasons stated.

#13499 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18759 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:55 PM

FWIW, there actually is a pretty obvious difference between the HH-65 and the standard civilian model, which is that the Coast Guard version has a big windowless sliding door behind the cockpit, rather than the smaller pair of one car-style and one sliding, both with windows, found on the Dauphin. The Blazemaster mold doesn't replicate either of those layouts, though, with windows that are too tall and usually unpainted. Chalk it up to license-skirting.

#13500 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4953 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

I realized after Moviejunkie on the Wikia posted about the anniversary that we had the wrong date listed for TFWiki's creation - we had May 28 based on Nova81426's earliest visible contributions, but the logs on the Wikia actually start two days earlier on May 26.

So happy 15th anniversary to TFWiki!

Edited by abates, 26 May 2020 - 06:02 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users