Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:12 AM)

Can't blame the theater totally for those ticket prices. The studios have a say in them as well.

@  Noideaforaname : (22 June 2017 - 12:00 AM)

Charge 'em for the lice! Extra for the mice! Two percent for looking in the mirror twice!

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 11:45 PM)

Even here in Canada where price gouging is commonplace, IMAX 3-D is still $19.50

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 11:44 PM)

$27 a ticket? That's ludicrous

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

TFwiki.net thread 3.0

tfwiki.net wiki

7656 replies to this topic

#6741 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21716 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

Different subject.

On the Matrix of Leadership page under the Cybertron comic subsection of the Robots in Disguise (2001) cartoon section is the following note:

Note: This was the first fictional use of the detail sculpted into the Robots in Disguise Prime toy's Super Mode chest as the Matrix; the Robots in Disguise cartoon had opted to portray it as a power socket, and treated the Matrix as an energy, as noted above.

A look through the page edit history shows that this note was written by you, Chris.

When exactly was that chest detail portrayed as a power socket in the cartoon?

Edited by Sabrblade, 17 February 2017 - 12:03 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#6742 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8597 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Is that still there? I would SWEAR I removed it, because I specifically remember trying to verify it and realizing I had no idea what I was talking about.

EDIT: Took it out myself! (Another "flying metallikato kick" situation on my part, there, I think!)

Edited by Chris McFeely, 17 February 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#6743 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21716 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Is that still there? I would SWEAR I removed it, because I specifically remember trying to verify it and realizing I had no idea what I was talking about.

EDIT: Took it out myself! (Another "flying metallikato kick" situation on my part, there, I think!)

I would honestly argue that that chest compartment was intended to be his Matrix, as Ultra Magnus was very much eyeing that part of Prime's Battle Mode body when he showed to help Magnus at the end of Magnus's debut episode.

Ultra_Magnus_eye.jpg

And this cutaway image of Super Fire Convoy from the Car Robots Warriors Battle Guidebook labels that section of his chest as Fire Convoy's Energon Matrix:

25h03uw.jpg

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#6744 DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
  • Protoform
  • 1 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

Hello... I thought I'd pop in to ask a question about the TFwiki registration system. I've been trying to register in the Wiki for a while now, to post a comment / bit of trivia on a Discussion page, but no dice. I've tried to put in the captcha code several times, but the site always claims I got it wrong. ._. Are the registrations buggy or just disabled? Not sure what's going on.

Anywho, I figured I could post my comment / "bit of trivia" (rather, a funky coincidence) here instead. This picture of Nemesis from Spotlight Doubledealer reminds me heavily of Shu Shirakawa's Granzon from Super Robot Wars OG, a PS2 game from 2007 (a year before the Doubledealer comic came out). The Granzon does that exact same pose in the games when it generates a black hole from its chest (from 2007, from 2016). A coincidence or maybe the artists knew SRW?

#6745 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 14681 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:20 AM

I wouldn't take it as a reference just from a similar pose but it seems like something you can try ask the penciller. He seems somewhat active on Deviantart and there's a contact thing on his website.

Of course, he might not even remember what references he used for a panel drawn almost a decade ago.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 18 February 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#6746 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 3848 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

Hello... I thought I'd pop in to ask a question about the TFwiki registration system. I've been trying to register in the Wiki for a while now, to post a comment / bit of trivia on a Discussion page, but no dice. I've tried to put in the captcha code several times, but the site always claims I got it wrong. ._. Are the registrations buggy or just disabled? Not sure what's going on.

People have been signing up successfully... might be a security problem? Could you check if you have cookies allowed for TFWiki?

#6747 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19608 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:17 AM

People have been signing up successfully... might be a security problem? Could you check if you have cookies allowed for TFWiki?

Also - what browser are you using? It could help us figure out if there's a browser compatibility issue we should be aware of.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#6748 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Apprentice Staff
  • 2964 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

How long should we wait before adding in info from Toy Fair 2017?

#6749 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11378 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

How long should we wait before adding in info from Toy Fair 2017?

Who said anything about waiting?

#6750 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Apprentice Staff
  • 2964 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

Well I figured we should have some kind of grace period while potentially preliminary information was being disseminated, but if everyone else thinks it's safe, then by all means I'm for that.

#6751 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 7354 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

http://tfwiki.net/wi...eturn_(toyline)

Just saying, but I'm pretty surprised that the mainpic caption here isn't "Works with compatible 'bot, too".

card-rewind.jpg

#6752 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 7321 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

So... Dreadnaut is sculpted like Mega, but has its face painted gold like Giga. Thoughts?

#6753 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 15463 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

A reference to both but probably not an incarnation of either. So a line in the notes, not a "sometimes known as DREADNAUGHT" in the opener.

#6754 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11378 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Uhm.

This image was added a few days ago. Looks like a meme image lifted straight from the internet, with no attibution whatsoever.

Edited by Nevermore, 19 February 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#6755 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 14681 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

It's also not used for anything, so maybe an admin can just get rid of it.

#6756 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 7321 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

Boom!

#6757 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 7901 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

So... Dreadnaut is sculpted like Mega, but has its face painted gold like Giga. Thoughts?

Dreadnaut has Giga's helmet. It's Omnius who looks like Mega.

#6758 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 7321 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

Dreadnaut has Giga's helmet. It's Omnius who looks like Mega.

Oh, wow, I hadn't realised they'd changed the head. That's cool.

#6759 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 7901 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Also the arms to include the tubes that the original Giga toy had on his torso.

I assume the Takara release will include both.

#6760 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 11399 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

(Ominus. You can tell by how he doesn't make you wildly uncomfortable.)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users