Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Lazy Garou : (22 July 2018 - 06:39 AM)

Theres possibly a transformer-collecting rick hopping the multiverse that has all the fan vote options available through the years.

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2018 - 10:38 PM)

I have the green one and it's more or less okay. One side has louder clicks but it was like that form the get go

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 05:23 PM)

Well, his gold isn't quite the color I associate with GPS and I see little, if any swirling in it. But hip ratchets in gold plastic that loudly clicked once only to be suddenly silenced. Hrmm. Messing with it now, one leg has no ratcheting and the other ratchets at something like 80 degrees apart.

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

I like that figure. :(

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

Please no GPS on HFTD Sea Spray...

@  Darth Gonzo : (21 July 2018 - 03:32 PM)

That moment when you realize GoBots is being talked about more then Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 02:11 PM)

Anyone have experience with HFTD Seaspray? I just bought a used one (for a buck!) and all his hip ratchets broke on first movement. Does he just generally have fragile ratchets or is GPS starting?

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 09:24 PM)

Remember it, for it is the last thing you will hear before I *shuffle* EXPRESS MY FEELINGS IN SONG!!!!!!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Blitzwing, eh?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Huh.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 06:29 PM)

He leaks his crankcase, then we all catch a few new dents.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 02:58 PM)

Quick, somebody put his hand in some warm oil and see what happens.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Guys, SSSHHHHH. Megatron is passed out right over there, and dude is a MEAN drunk. Don't wake him up.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 02:04 PM)

*checks Hasbro's offerings* so, never. :(

@  Jetstream C-18 : (20 July 2018 - 01:26 PM)

They're all hugged when Omega Supreme gets back

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 10:00 AM)

Megatron is hammered! Now, I, Starscream am leader of the Decepticons!

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 09:47 AM)

And megatron is so confused as to why no one is shooting at him anymore that he starts binge drinking.

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 AM)

Grimlock eats them for lunch.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 08:09 AM)

Optimus wants to free the Minicons. Ultra Magnus says it infringes states' rights.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 08:07 AM)

So... the nicest beings in the universe are fighting with each other?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 08:01 AM)

No Decepticons. It's Autobots Civil War.

@  Gryllid : (20 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)

New York Comic Con is in October, maybe there?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:49 AM)

So.. thus far, Hasbro only revealed Autobots for Siege. Any ideas which show they will reveal the Decepticons at?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:44 AM)

So where did the "Stege" logo come from? All I can find is Sipher posting it an making fun of it. Where did that inconvenient version originate?

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 11:53 PM)

True. But it was due to Transformers' use of the name that Saban at the time couldn't use it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 11:38 PM)

But that's not necessarily a reference, just an attempt to use "Technobable" name.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 10:57 PM)

It's not Power Rangers, but Saban's VR Troopers was originally going to be titled "Cybertron".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 09:26 PM)

@paladin Energon would be too obvious. That's why I like Ore-13. It's not overt.. but still a nice nod.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2018 - 08:05 PM)

the original Sentai called it "Enetron." all they have to change is ONE LETTER.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 06:26 PM)

@saberblade True.. But I don't know.. I just want something simple like the "Energy source" in Beast Morphers to be Ore-13 or something like that.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 05:41 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: Operation Overdrive did have a weapon called the "Transtech Armor" ;)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

*sigh* This is going to be a long subline.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

I already hate the overuse of "STEGE".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 04:16 PM)

I just want Power Ranger refferenes in TF and Vice versa now.

@  Onyxstrike : (19 July 2018 - 11:32 AM)

I think Hasbro might be after more than just my money this time around with these reveals.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 02:39 PM)

@TheMightyMollusk Thanks for clarifying.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM)

@Otaku, most people were oblivious. The smart ones did their emergency shopping the day before, so there wasn't much left anyway.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 09:37 AM)

@wonko Only happened a few times and I don't remember the exact details, but yeah.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 08:06 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Is that really the same thing? I mean, it is if the people were casually shopping and oblivious to the danger to them or the employees of the store, but if they were desperately trying to get needed supplies themselves... or am I just supposed to be smart enough to know you wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't the former? >_<

@  wonko the sane? : (18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Okay, what? I've had to explain why the TV wouldn't work when the power is out to children, but never to an adult in their right mind.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:44 AM)

*When I worked at the cable call center, some people wondered why their TV wouldn't work when there was an outage...

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:43 AM)

w

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 03:11 AM)

We had people still trying to shop while we were being pushed by state police to shut the store down due to flooding. The police finally had to help herd them out.

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Or working for an airline and people complaining about not being able to take off in severe weather, and expecting us to know when the bad weather will end. *points at window*

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:34 PM)

Outages/fire alarms are fun when you work retail and people complain that they can't keep shopping.

@  Echowarrior : (17 July 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Outages occasionally happened at the fulfillment center I used to work at. Never fun.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

Apparently the early shift (i.e. those who didn't participate in the walkout) were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for power to return, while the late shift couldn't even enter the building.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM)

Oh, wow. I thought the news about the website outtage would have been the topper, but that pretty much wins.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

Whoopsie.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

First the union called for a two-day strike yesterday, and then today the entire city where the Amazon warehouse I work at is located apparently had a power outage.

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

TFwiki.net thread 3.0

tfwiki.net wiki

10851 replies to this topic

#41 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

"Gaia" is closer to the original Greek (Γαῖα). "Gaea" is a Latinized spelling that stuck around, much like Uranus (Ouranos) and Apollo (Apollon).

#42 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 19926 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

"Gaea" and "Gaia" are both accepted spellings, although "Gaea" is vastly more common.

I can vouch for what Monzo said that "Gaia" is more common based on a Google search, although I got different numbers:

google-gaia-gaea.jpg

#43 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15147 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

The Autobots take the gun out into the forest for a test.

Wheeljack aims it at a tree and the tree becomes immobile.

AMAZING

Edited by LV!, 28 June 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#44 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21886 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think this new Septesson guy is a Norek alt.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#45 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21886 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yup, it's him. Somebody with mod powers ban him, please.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#46 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21886 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Also, McFly, can you ban the i.p. addresses he's using like you did with SoundWave?

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#47 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21886 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

So, can somebody please deal with him?

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#48 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Calm the hug down, maybe? Posting more isn't going to make people notice that guy faster.

#49 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21886 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Well, he got banned, eventually.

Anyway, Mimi seems to have DVDs of BWII. Maybe we can get her to supply them to a fansubbing service?

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#50 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

DVD rips are available online now.

#51 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25330 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Does the file for the movie contain all three parts of the entire Beast Wars Special triple-feature, or just the "Lio Convoy Kikiippatsu!" part?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#52 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Only that, yes.

#53 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

And Beast Wars Neo: http://www.nyaa.se/?...view&tid=569060

#54 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25330 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

Only that, yes.

Aw, I had hoped to get to finally see "Clash! Beast Warriors" even if it is just a clip show.

Better luck next time, I guess.

Edited by Sabrblade, 28 June 2014 - 11:14 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#55 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

Walruslaw might have it, so drop him a line.

#56 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15015 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

While normally I wouldn't be so quick to trust other sources over on-screen text, we're talking about an English word written by non-English speakers.

That's not actually at issue here; in this particular instance, we're stuck with the "Gaea" spelling because that's how it appeared in an English-language work (i.e. the Sourcebook), which we've also defaulted to for characters (Lio Convoy over Leo Prime, most famously, but also Autocrasher over Autocrusher).

Right, I understand that it's more complicated than than an American cartoon with Korean animators jotting "Gerenal Store" on a sign. But it's still an English word written by non-English speakers. I've seen numerous anime that had mangled English even when it was technically correct, so even if changing it was an option I'd find it difficult to say with certainty that this is the spelling they intended.

"Gaea" and "Gaia" are both accepted spellings, although "Gaea" is vastly more common.

?

Gaia: 27,400,000 results
Gaea: 888,000 results

The Wikipedia article for the goddess is also at Gaia, but I don't know how diagnostic that is.

I actually got those swapped, sorry. The point was that they're both acceptable, in heavy usage, and have the same origin/meaning. Which... is stating the obvious and of no actual help here... :doh

Funny enough, spell check keeps telling me that Gaea is correct and Gaia is wrong.

Edited by Lukeblast, 29 June 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#57 McFly

McFly
  • Citizen
  • 880 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Also, McFly, can you ban the i.p. addresses he's using like you did with SoundWave?

I'm actually going to have to step down for a while:  Given the recent events That Must Not Be Named For Fear Of Going "Off-Topic", I've decided that it's best if I take a temporary leave from my post as TFWiki sysadmin.  I don't know if that means that a replacement has to be found just yet, but I'm finding that, simply put, I can't invest the time and energy into this.  It seems to me that it's helping at least one company that shows minimal respect towards its customers (and people in general,) and the complacency across the board is making me wonder what I'm doing as a part of this fandom in the first place.

Maybe I have less at stake:  I don't do any work for Hasbro or FunPub.  I don't really care if I have Awesome Industry Access to press events, as any coverage I was providing was just in the interest of doing good work to help friends of mine within the fandom.  Whatever it is, I don't have a good enough answer to the core question of "Why should I spare any more time on this?"  

Since any further discussion would probably get me shouted down as going off-topic, feel free to reach to me via PM.  The Wiki guys have my email address, and that's how THEY should get in touch with me, as I'm more likely to check that.

#58 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43822 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

How come there isn't a Hero Mashers page on the tfwiki? 

Edited by Bass X0, 29 June 2014 - 12:12 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#59 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21886 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Because we're behind.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#60 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 20407 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Given that I do a movie review for a local newspaper, would it be allowable under the rules to mention the review I did for AoE in the "Reception" section on the main AoE page?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users