Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ebay Hacked. Change Your Passwords.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Malphas

Malphas
  • Citizen
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

Since we have so many ebayers here, I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. In short, Ebay suffered a cyber attack in which part of its user database containing passwords and personal information was compromised.

eBay hacked, requests all users change passwords

eBay confirms users' passwords were compromised but says there's no evidence any financial information was accessed.

eBay's morning just went from bad to worse. The e-commerce site confirmed Wednesday that its corporate network was hacked and a database with users' passwords was compromised. While eBay says there is no evidence that users' financial information was accessed in the hack, the company is telling all users to change their passwords.

eBay contacted CNET after this story was initially published, saying it discovered "recently" that it was a victim of "a cyber attack on our corporate information network, which compromised a database containing eBay user passwords." The company's spokesperson told CNET there is "no evidence that any financial information was accessed or compromised."

The statement follows an odd stream of events this morning when eBay-owned PayPal posted a blog entitled "eBay, Inc. to Ask All eBay users to Change Passwords." The blog post included nothing but the title, but quickly hit the Web after it was retweeted dozens of times. The blog post was then taken down from PayPal's site, causing even more confusion for users of the online auction house.

eBay has since posted information about the hack on its official blog. The company will ask all users to change their passwords starting later on Wednesday.

eBay shares are down 1.73 percent, or 90 cents, to $51.06, following news of the hack.

- Full Story continued at http://www.cnet.com/...ange-passwords/

Ebay itself has posted this.

Keeping Our Buyers and Sellers Safe and Secure on eBay

On Wednesday, we announced that we are asking all eBay users to change their password. This is because of a cyberattack that compromised our eBay user database, which contained your encrypted password.

Because your password is encrypted (even we don’t know what it is), we believe your eBay account is secure. But we don’t want to take any chances. We take security on eBay very seriously, and we want to ensure that you feel safe and secure buying and selling on eBay. So we think it’s the right thing to do to have you change your password. And we want to remind you that it’s a good idea to always use different passwords for different sites and accounts. If you used your eBay password on other sites, we are encouraging you to change those passwords, too.

Here’s what we recommend you do the next time you visit eBay:

Take a moment to change your password. You can do this in the “My eBay” section under account settings. This will help further protect you; it’s always a good practice to periodically update your password. Millions of eBay users already have updated their passwords.
    Remember to always use different passwords on different sites and accounts. So if you haven’t done this yet, take the time to do so.

Meanwhile, our team is committed to making eBay as safe and secure as possible. So we are looking at other ways to strengthen security on eBay. In the coming days and weeks we may be introducing new security features. We’ll keep you updated as we do.

Thanks for your support and cooperation. eBay is your marketplace, and we are committed to keeping it one of the world’s safest places to buy and sell.

Devin Wenig

President, eBay Marketplaces

Edited by Loki Corvinus, 22 May 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#2 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 2055 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Thank you for update on this.  Password change and hopefully that should be it.

kbucmu.jpg

#3 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34216 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

I went to change my password and they couldn't do it because they are experiencing technical difficulties.  Maybe too many password changes at once.

#4 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16858 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

I had that too. I tried again and it worked
Http://www.scatterville.com

#5 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5972 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I changed my password & my password prompt (forgot your password). Not sure if hackers could use that info to get at my stuff, but I suspect it didn't hurt to change anyway.

As for eBay's statement, how was it released? I haven't seen anything in my e-mail about this. And I'm kinda annoyed, eBay's website doesn't mention anything about a hack.

Edited by Kevin S, 22 May 2014 - 12:24 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#6 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

Odd, Ebay did not notify me, but other people told me this today, too.

Well, the best any hacker could do with my account is to buy stuff for me and pay through his own Paypal, so I am not overly concerned. :)

Edited by BB Shockwave, 22 May 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#7 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4781 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

I found out about it on Gizmodo, but have not received any notification from Ebay themselves.

Edited by DeltaSeeker, 22 May 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#8 Malphas

Malphas
  • Citizen
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

As for eBay's statement, how was it released? I haven't seen anything in my e-mail about this. And I'm kinda annoyed, eBay's website doesn't mention anything about a hack.

It was an alert banner when I went to click on "my account". I clicked on it and it took me to ebay's forum where the alert was posted up. Had I not logged in when I did, I wouldn't have known because I never got an email. I, like many others, use the same password for my paypal account, so I was more concerened of people using that to run charges on my credit cards/bank account.

Edited by Loki Corvinus, 22 May 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#9 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 18017 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Seems a really sloppy way to alert people.

In any case, password changed, although I'm pretty sure my PayPal account has an outdated card attached to it.

nzo8WYb.png

#10 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34841 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

I wondered why Cheets went from selling custom painted toys to selling sex to...marital aids instead on Ebay.

I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid, I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. :wtf

#11 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5972 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

Finally got e-mail notification of this:

Important - eBay Password Reset Required

IMPORTANT: PASSWORD UPDATE

Dear eBay Member,

To help ensure customers' trust and security on eBay, I am asking all eBay users to change their passwords.

Here's why: Recently, our company discovered a cyberattack on our corporate information network. This attack compromised a database containing eBay user passwords.

What's important for you to know: We have no evidence that your financial information was accessed or compromised. And your password was encrypted.

What I ask of you:
Go to eBay and change your password. If you changed your password on May 21 or later, we do not need you to take any additional action at this time.

Changing your password may be inconvenient. I realize that. We are doing everything we can to protect your data and changing your password is an extra precautionary step, in addition to the other security measures we have in place.

If you have only visited eBay as a guest user, we do not have a password on file.

If you used the same eBay password on any other site, I encourage you to change your password on those sites too. And if you are a PayPal user, we have no evidence that this attack affected your PayPal account or any PayPal financial information, which is encrypted and stored on a separate secure network.

Here are other steps we are taking:
As always, we have strong protections in place for both buyers and sellers in the event of any unauthorized activity on your account.
We are applying additional security to protect our customers.
We are working with law enforcement and leading security experts to aggressively investigate the matter.

Here's what we know: This attack occurred between late February and early March and resulted in unauthorized access to a database of eBay users that includes customers' name, encrypted password, email address, physical address, phone number and date of birth.

However, the file did not contain financial information. And, after conducting extensive testing and analysis of our systems, we have no evidence that any customer financial or credit card information was involved. We also have no indication of a significant spike in fraudulent activity on our site.

We apologize for any inconvenience or concern that this situation may cause you. As a global marketplace, nothing is more important to eBay than the security and trust of our customers. We know our customers have high expectations of us, and we are committed to ensuring a safe and secure online experience for you on any connected device.

Devin Wenig
President, eBay Marketplaces

© 2014 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Edited by Kevin S, 25 May 2014 - 05:58 AM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.