Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

Photo

Ursa Magnus' Collection pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

An overview...

Shelf-by-shelf...

Like I said, there are several notable guys missing (Magnaboss, Tripredacus, Armada Predacon and his followers) that'll be displayed eventually.

icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 10 January 2009 - 10:32 PM.

#2 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25851 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:11 PM

So many beasts...it makes me giddy! icon-ironhide.gif

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#3 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

(Deactivated) Spinister_Zero
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

MAaaan
I missed out on most of BW, the few figures I have are only a few stray figures I found online or repaints in later lines

All those BW figures makes me envious
I SO wish I had some of those man

Oh, and that last shot of Magmatron with his troops from the BW comics

*sigh* If only I could find them now at a decent price

#4 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

I like how you have the "main" troops from the DWIDW comic in the last two pics, if I ever spred out into non-Show beast Wars toys thats what I plan to do.

#5 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:55 PM

YEah, I'd like to take another post to whine about my not owning many BW toys and how I love them so much

but yeah, shouldn't TM2 Tripred Agent be with the Preds from the BW comic?

#6 newsy891

newsy891

Theater Dork in Residence

• Retired Staff
  • 9677 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

Awesome display, Ursa.

Where's the "DT Made Me Buy These" shelf? icon-fire.gif

More fanfic at Offscreen Fics - random archived bits of Transformers fic, with a side of Doctor Who
Sig and avatar art by Shum

RIP, Kevin "SolFire" Russell.
There is help, there is hope. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) in the US, or e-mail jo (at) samaritans (dot) org worldwide.

#7 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(Spinister_Zero @ Jul 8 2006, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YEah, I'd like to take another post to whine about my not owning many BW toys and how I love them so much

Or Fox-Kids Turantulas, TM2 Spittor, TM2 Iguanus, and Razorclaw

#8 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(X-BoB58 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm... and why those ?
those weren't featured at al in the comics, unless you mean, the updated forms, which again, weren't seen

I meant TM2 tripred becasue he was shown as Ravage, and I thought it'd be cool to have him in a standing beast mode next to Magmatron

maybe I wasn't very clear
sorry

#9 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(Spinister_Zero @ Jul 8 2006, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(X-BoB58 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm... and why those ?
those weren't featured at al in the comics, unless you mean, the updated forms, which again, weren't seen

I meant TM2 tripred becasue he was shown as Ravage, and I thought it'd be cool to have him in a standing beast mode next to Magmatron

maybe I wasn't very clear
sorry

'cus of Primeval dawn
http://botcon.com/ar...2001/page46.jpg

#10 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

oooh hm I've actually forgotten about that

I guess they'd get their own shelf then , since they didnt really show up in the IDW comic, but who knows, maybe in the next miniseries!

#11 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

He'd fit there as well, but as-is I have him standing on my "Season Two" shelf, since he appeared in "Agenda" there. By all rights, it should be the Japanese Ravage X-9 but I've never managed to find him. icon-screamer.gif Maybe I'll move him back and forth from time to time.

QUOTE(newsy891 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome display, Ursa.

Where's the "DT Made Me Buy These" shelf? icon-fire.gif

Thanks Newsy. The "DT made me buy it" stuff is currently packed away since they're all primarily vehicle-based stuff. But I assume you did notice the members of the True Path representing?

#12 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

DT?

#13 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

DT = DragonTail.

He's a great Fan Fic writer over in Chronicles who has a habit of making such good and fascinating characters out of otherwise passable toys, that you're then forced to go buy them strictly because of how cool he made them in his stories.

Go check out his stuff. Go now!!

#14 Boo

Boo

Ow! My back! MY BACK!!

• Citizen
  • 3622 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:32 AM

Damn. Very nice collection of Beast Warriors there! I love my show characters, but I am missing out on so many of those non-show/IDW toys... need to eventually track them down.

#15 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18019 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:37 AM

I am lame, 'cause I did not notice that the last shot was Magmatron and his crew. I fail at comic fandom. icon-fire.gif

In other news, Sweeeeeet setup, man. icon-hotrod.gif

UnHImyv.png

#16 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

Ah dont' worry Wingus, I missed the comic shot of the Maximals, it was the Predacon shot that really stood out casue Ursa Magnus laid it out almost exactly like the first scene from the comic where they just teleported into the time line
Was an awesome scene showing off those characters in comic form

#17 DragonTail

DragonTail

Otaku Journalist

• Citizen
  • 1038 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:58 PM

*drools*

I completely skipped the beast era in my collecting... have barely a few of the toys from those lines. Most of my beastformers are ARM/EN/CYB era, and even then only those I've used in my fics.

That said, this has impressed the heck out of me. Great display sense, fantastic choice of groupings, nice clean lines... not just the toys themselves, but the lay-out you've used is fantastic and worthy of praise. Excellent design sense you have there, brother.

With regards to the toys: I wish I knew who even half of them were, because I'm suddenly seized with the mad need to write about the lot of them. Maybe one day we can team up on that or something, because it'd be cool. And I see my boy Convobat/Bat Optimus Primal there, front and centre, so I'm cheering.

Top stuff!
A re-imagining. An "ultimization". An award-winning fanfic trilogy.
Thanks to Dr Fang for the signature art
"Most people read Steven King; I read DragonTail." - Self-destruct
"I used to say Simon Furman was Transformers. I take it back. You are Transformers." - Autobot X
"Flawless combat scenes, character development that's a rare find, plots within plots... another masterpiece from the master!" - Shades

#18 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE(DragonTail @ Jul 9 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*drools*

I completely skipped the beast era in my collecting... have barely a few of the toys from those lines. Most of my beastformers are ARM/EN/CYB era, and even then only those I've used in my fics.

Nothing wrong with that. They're great toys, and the only reason the Armada Beasts reside with the Universe stuff on my shelves is because of their use as Unicron's Four Horsemen. Otherwise, they'd proudly stand displayed with the ArmEnerTron guys.

And behold, the True Path!!!

That said, this has impressed the heck out of me. Great display sense, fantastic choice of groupings, nice clean lines... not just the toys themselves, but the lay-out you've used is fantastic and worthy of praise. Excellent design sense you have there, brother.

Thanks. I tried to group them in a way that made the most sense design and "season"-wise. Transmetals and 2's all together, etc.

With regards to the toys: I wish I knew who even half of them were, because I'm suddenly seized with the mad need to write about the lot of them. Maybe one day we can team up on that or something, because it'd be cool. And I see my boy Convobat/Bat Optimus Primal there, front and centre, so I'm cheering.

Top stuff!

Thanks for the words, brother. ConvoBat has always been a neat little guy. He's so well-proportioned and poseable that I constantly find myself fiddling with him, and trying to think of a good backstory for him outside of being another incarnation of Optimus Primal.

Also, since I told you how I consider the Cybertron guys all Maximals and Predacons, I kind of keep the SupremeScream there for a sense of scale. In my mind, I figure the ratio between those guys and Screamer would be about right for Ancient Autobots/Decepticons and Maximals/Predacons.

#19 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:42 AM

Ok, cal me crazy, but where is Convobat?

I see the bat version of Primal, but where's the red version?

Or did you guys mean the grey version??

#20 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Spinister_Zero @ Jul 10 2006, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, cal me crazy, but where is Convobat?

I see the bat version of Primal, but where's the red version?

Or did you guys mean the grey version??

We meant the gray version. "ConvoBat" is just a handy way of referring to him. And "Batimus Primal" doesn't have the same ring. icon-hotrod.gif