Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

Photo

Ursa Magnus' Collection pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

An overview...

Shelf-by-shelf...

Like I said, there are several notable guys missing (Magnaboss, Tripredacus, Armada Predacon and his followers) that'll be displayed eventually.

icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 10 January 2009 - 10:32 PM.

#2 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25834 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:11 PM

So many beasts...it makes me giddy! icon-ironhide.gif

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#3 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

(Deactivated) Spinister_Zero
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

MAaaan
I missed out on most of BW, the few figures I have are only a few stray figures I found online or repaints in later lines

All those BW figures makes me envious
I SO wish I had some of those man

Oh, and that last shot of Magmatron with his troops from the BW comics

*sigh* If only I could find them now at a decent price

#4 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

I like how you have the "main" troops from the DWIDW comic in the last two pics, if I ever spred out into non-Show beast Wars toys thats what I plan to do.

#5 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:55 PM

YEah, I'd like to take another post to whine about my not owning many BW toys and how I love them so much

but yeah, shouldn't TM2 Tripred Agent be with the Preds from the BW comic?

#6 newsy891

newsy891

Theater Dork in Residence

• Retired Staff
  • 9677 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

Awesome display, Ursa.

Where's the "DT Made Me Buy These" shelf? icon-fire.gif

More fanfic at Offscreen Fics - random archived bits of Transformers fic, with a side of Doctor Who
Sig and avatar art by Shum

RIP, Kevin "SolFire" Russell.
There is help, there is hope. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) in the US, or e-mail jo (at) samaritans (dot) org worldwide.

#7 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(Spinister_Zero @ Jul 8 2006, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YEah, I'd like to take another post to whine about my not owning many BW toys and how I love them so much

Or Fox-Kids Turantulas, TM2 Spittor, TM2 Iguanus, and Razorclaw

#8 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(X-BoB58 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm... and why those ?
those weren't featured at al in the comics, unless you mean, the updated forms, which again, weren't seen

I meant TM2 tripred becasue he was shown as Ravage, and I thought it'd be cool to have him in a standing beast mode next to Magmatron

maybe I wasn't very clear
sorry

#9 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(Spinister_Zero @ Jul 8 2006, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(X-BoB58 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm... and why those ?
those weren't featured at al in the comics, unless you mean, the updated forms, which again, weren't seen

I meant TM2 tripred becasue he was shown as Ravage, and I thought it'd be cool to have him in a standing beast mode next to Magmatron

maybe I wasn't very clear
sorry

'cus of Primeval dawn
http://botcon.com/ar...2001/page46.jpg

#10 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

oooh hm I've actually forgotten about that

I guess they'd get their own shelf then , since they didnt really show up in the IDW comic, but who knows, maybe in the next miniseries!

#11 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

He'd fit there as well, but as-is I have him standing on my "Season Two" shelf, since he appeared in "Agenda" there. By all rights, it should be the Japanese Ravage X-9 but I've never managed to find him. icon-screamer.gif Maybe I'll move him back and forth from time to time.

QUOTE(newsy891 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome display, Ursa.

Where's the "DT Made Me Buy These" shelf? icon-fire.gif

Thanks Newsy. The "DT made me buy it" stuff is currently packed away since they're all primarily vehicle-based stuff. But I assume you did notice the members of the True Path representing?

#12 (Deactivated) X-BoB58

(Deactivated) X-BoB58
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

DT?

#13 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

DT = DragonTail.

He's a great Fan Fic writer over in Chronicles who has a habit of making such good and fascinating characters out of otherwise passable toys, that you're then forced to go buy them strictly because of how cool he made them in his stories.

Go check out his stuff. Go now!!

#14 Boo

Boo

Ow! My back! MY BACK!!

• Citizen
  • 3622 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:32 AM

Damn. Very nice collection of Beast Warriors there! I love my show characters, but I am missing out on so many of those non-show/IDW toys... need to eventually track them down.

#15 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18019 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:37 AM

I am lame, 'cause I did not notice that the last shot was Magmatron and his crew. I fail at comic fandom. icon-fire.gif

In other news, Sweeeeeet setup, man. icon-hotrod.gif

UnHImyv.png

#16 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

Ah dont' worry Wingus, I missed the comic shot of the Maximals, it was the Predacon shot that really stood out casue Ursa Magnus laid it out almost exactly like the first scene from the comic where they just teleported into the time line
Was an awesome scene showing off those characters in comic form

#17 DragonTail

DragonTail

Otaku Journalist

• Citizen
  • 1038 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:58 PM

*drools*

I completely skipped the beast era in my collecting... have barely a few of the toys from those lines. Most of my beastformers are ARM/EN/CYB era, and even then only those I've used in my fics.

That said, this has impressed the heck out of me. Great display sense, fantastic choice of groupings, nice clean lines... not just the toys themselves, but the lay-out you've used is fantastic and worthy of praise. Excellent design sense you have there, brother.

With regards to the toys: I wish I knew who even half of them were, because I'm suddenly seized with the mad need to write about the lot of them. Maybe one day we can team up on that or something, because it'd be cool. And I see my boy Convobat/Bat Optimus Primal there, front and centre, so I'm cheering.

Top stuff!
A re-imagining. An "ultimization". An award-winning fanfic trilogy.
Thanks to Dr Fang for the signature art
"Most people read Steven King; I read DragonTail." - Self-destruct
"I used to say Simon Furman was Transformers. I take it back. You are Transformers." - Autobot X
"Flawless combat scenes, character development that's a rare find, plots within plots... another masterpiece from the master!" - Shades

#18 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE(DragonTail @ Jul 9 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*drools*

I completely skipped the beast era in my collecting... have barely a few of the toys from those lines. Most of my beastformers are ARM/EN/CYB era, and even then only those I've used in my fics.

Nothing wrong with that. They're great toys, and the only reason the Armada Beasts reside with the Universe stuff on my shelves is because of their use as Unicron's Four Horsemen. Otherwise, they'd proudly stand displayed with the ArmEnerTron guys.

And behold, the True Path!!!

That said, this has impressed the heck out of me. Great display sense, fantastic choice of groupings, nice clean lines... not just the toys themselves, but the lay-out you've used is fantastic and worthy of praise. Excellent design sense you have there, brother.

Thanks. I tried to group them in a way that made the most sense design and "season"-wise. Transmetals and 2's all together, etc.

With regards to the toys: I wish I knew who even half of them were, because I'm suddenly seized with the mad need to write about the lot of them. Maybe one day we can team up on that or something, because it'd be cool. And I see my boy Convobat/Bat Optimus Primal there, front and centre, so I'm cheering.

Top stuff!

Thanks for the words, brother. ConvoBat has always been a neat little guy. He's so well-proportioned and poseable that I constantly find myself fiddling with him, and trying to think of a good backstory for him outside of being another incarnation of Optimus Primal.

Also, since I told you how I consider the Cybertron guys all Maximals and Predacons, I kind of keep the SupremeScream there for a sense of scale. In my mind, I figure the ratio between those guys and Screamer would be about right for Ancient Autobots/Decepticons and Maximals/Predacons.

#19 (Deactivated) Spinister_Zero

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:42 AM

Ok, cal me crazy, but where is Convobat?

I see the bat version of Primal, but where's the red version?

Or did you guys mean the grey version??

#20 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Spinister_Zero @ Jul 10 2006, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, cal me crazy, but where is Convobat?

I see the bat version of Primal, but where's the red version?

Or did you guys mean the grey version??

We meant the gray version. "ConvoBat" is just a handy way of referring to him. And "Batimus Primal" doesn't have the same ring. icon-hotrod.gif