Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

play by post STOMP

13616 replies to this topic

#13541 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26031 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:00 AM

[I never should have let Scarlet go!]

[Rain's important to him. If it were Anchors...]

[Never should've split the group.]

Static looks to Maple.

"Maple, you have a way of making ponies hear you from long distances. Get word to Night Cap and Scarlet to get back here now. We need to get out of here."

He looked to Amaroq. "We were just going to have ponies on the outside wake us up if we were in trouble. If we can start tossing and turning...but that would only work for those of us who are physically in Warning Sound. Do you have any suggestions?"
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#13542 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63279 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

"What if Mister Spectrum has not found her yet?"  Maple asks... looking between Static and Misty. On one hoof Static is right, they need to leave... on the other hoof, if she were in Scarlet's place could she leave without finding Misty...

Maple thinks for a moment about Static's plan... there's something in the middle of it...

"I wonder, were I to use my magic to call out from within the dream world... if it would work for those ponies not with our bodies... if for example -were I to say... 'EMERGENCY !  Please wake up the sleeping pony you find at this location!'  ... would that work?  Or what if I just tried to wake everypony up with a shout from inside this dream?" 

Edited by Destron D-69, 03 July 2020 - 06:22 PM.

#13543 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26031 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:56 PM

[If it were Anchors...]

Static hissed through his teeth. "I don't know how much you can say in a single message, but tell them that we're leaving. It's an emergency evac. Either get back here for extraction or they're on their own." I'll wait as long as it seems safe before I forcefully wake them from the outside. Then do whatever you can to wake us all up."
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#13544 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63279 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:15 PM

"Misty, I... you should leave with Mister Signal and the others if my call doesn't work, if those we have rescued  that sleep beyond the boarder of the town remain here in this nightmare - you two will have the best chance to regroup and set about saving them from that side... I will wait for Mister Spectrum's party to return... it would not be prudent to just assume they heard me since distance has little meaning here."

Spoiler

"MISS RAIN, SCARLET IS ON HIS WAY, BUT WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME, IT WONT MAKE SENSE BUT THIS IS MAGIC - YELL AS LOUDLY AS YOU CAN TELL HIM HOW FAR AWAY WE ARE AND BY WHAT DIRECTION... MISTER NIGHT CAP, PLEASE HELP  THEM WAKE UP ONCE THE THREE OF YOU ARE TOGETHER!" 

Maple's call rings out into the ether... 

"Mister Signal, as I said, I will now wait here for them just in case... please go, and hopefully either I will see you again with Mister Spectrum and Mister Night Cap, or shortly after if my call worked and you then wake me up." 

Maple gives Misty the lightest of kisses not wanting this to feel like a goodbye... as she waited for Static to start his wake up evacuation plan 

#13545 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:20 PM

"Scarlet? I hear somepony calling me? I can't tell from where but they said they're running out of time and that a 'Mister Night Cap' needs to wake us up."

Amaroq thought for a moment, then replied to Static Signal, "If we could change the nature of the dream, that could cause it to force us out. The other possibility is finding a way to teleport or power our way out. I'm not sure how we would achieve that. I'll return after I go back to get the rest of the ponies we rescued."

Edited by Zamuel, 06 July 2020 - 12:07 PM.

Spoiler

#13546 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14553 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

Scarlets head snapped up. Staring around as he tried (in vain) to figure out where Rains voice was coming from.

"Night Cap, i think we have a problem.

Rain just called out. Somepony on the team managed to call her... Maybe Maple? Anyway, Rain says time is running out and that you might need to help try and wake us all up.

Does that mean what i think it means. That this dreamworld might be unravelling? If so, we need to find Rain, right now. I can't leave her stuck here. Not when i'm this close!"

Staring down the tunnel, Scarlet yelled.

"RAIN! CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING IF WHERE YOU ARE? ANY HINT OR CLUE? WE'RE CLOSE I PROMISE! NIGHT CAP IS WITH ME, WE ARE GETTING YOU OUT OF HERE!"

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 05 July 2020 - 11:48 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#13547 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26031 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

Static nodded at Amaroq. "Just tell me what you need me to do. But whatever we're going to do, let's do it quickly."

[But try to give Scarlet as much time as we can give him.]
PSN = Caldwin

#13548 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

"Could be the dream unraveling. Could be the universe unraveling. But that's never happened to me yet. Let's just find your friend and get out of here."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#13549 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:09 PM

"I can't see anything...but I can hear you. You're closer than you've ever been before. It's so cold." While they saw fog before them, Night Cap and Scarlet Spectrum realized that the void they passed through wasn't actually cold but the fog was.

After Amaroq returned with the last of the ponies, she said, "I'm used to rescuing ponies and fighting nightmares but not so much ending a dream. I'm used to getting out or simply waking up. I'm sure it would greatly hurt the Snow Shark more than any traditional attack, though. By the way, what was that big rock you found?"
Spoiler

#13550 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26031 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:47 PM

Static looked back to the rock he was looking at. "It's part of a banishing circle I saw in the real world once. It was used to banish a big Coal Caimen to a river outside of a cave that the circle was in. I don't know what it's doing here, but it's only part of it. If we had the whole thing maybe..."

Static tries to see if he could remember the rest of the writing.

Spoiler

PSN = Caldwin

#13551 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14553 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

"The Universe...?

Huh...

Well... let's hope it isn't that,"
Scarlet said as he felt a tiny shudder run up his spine.

"Ok, it sounds like we're closer to Rain than ever. Fog was always there when i dreamed so...

I mean, it sounds like she's in this fog. Also, this fog is the only cold here.

So then, how do we get in to this fog and get her out without getting lost outselves?"

Spoiler

Scarlet tried to feel for anything magical about the fog.

"Rain! If we're closer, any chance you can tell which direction we're coming from compared to you? Is my voice in front of you? Behind? To the side?"

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 06 July 2020 - 07:36 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#13552 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:06 AM

Scarlet Spectrum could tell there was magic in the fog, just like the rest of the nightmare. But he could sense the subtle differences. "You're in front of me, I think."

As Static Signal began to remember the banishing circle, more of it began to appear. Soon, there was 3/4 of the circle. However, the group heard a distant sound far above them...
Spoiler

#13553 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

"Go to her. When you find her, follow my voice so you can find your way back out."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#13554 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14553 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

Though he was a little unwilling to split up, as events he couldn't fully understand seemed to be speeding up, Scarlet nodded. Then he pulled out his lasso and started unwinding it all the way. Tying one end around his waist, Scarlet gave the other end to Night Cap.

"Agreed. Hmm. This fog is strange. Its magical, but not quite in the same way as everything else in this realm.

Anyway...

Once i find her, i'll call and you can start winding in the rope and guiding me back. Keep your eyes and ears peeled dreamwalker."

And with that, Scarlet dove into the fog and the cold.

"Rain, start calling out! I'm in the fog now, so keep calling and i'll come to you!"

Spoiler

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 07 July 2020 - 01:33 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#13555 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26031 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:19 PM

Static hissed through his teeth. "Not much time. Everyone who knows anything about banishing circles or has ever seen one before, please take a look at this. This is as much as I can remember. I may be able to guess at the rest of it if I have to, but if someone else can help fill the blanks, this right here is how we survive the night."
PSN = Caldwin

#13556 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:13 PM

Scarlet Spectrum heard Rain Juggler's voice in the darkness but the fog presented some challenge to navigating the shifting dreamscape.

Spoiler

Lieutenant Sledgehammer said, "I remember Major Key saying he sent a copy of a film reel about banishing circles to the Keep. Never got to look at it but I guess it's something I need to brush up..." There was a rumbling and Lieutenant Sledgehammer jumped out of the way of a large icy spire erupting from the ground. It was five times taller than she was and curved...like a tooth. With multiple similar sounds overhead, panic erupted among the other ponies.
Spoiler

#13557 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26031 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

Static growled as he saw the spires erupting from the ground. "Well I sure as Tartarus hope you can brush up under pressure! I need you over here." He then looked to his other allies. "Maple, try and calm these ponies down. Everyone else who is not panicking, give me and the Lieutenant all the time you can give us. We need to get this thing up and working or we're all trapped here."

Spoiler

PSN = Caldwin

#13558 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36013 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:59 PM

Misty jumps up with a yelp. "Ahhh! Not good, not good, not good!"

#13559 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Supporter
  • 63279 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:57 PM

Spoiler
Zam, Caldwin 

Maple was on her way over to calm the other ponies... though she wondered how best to do that when she looked like something that belonged in a nightmare world... but to get there she had to look at the fragmented banishing circle. 

oh no, Maple, don't look at it.

Maple looked at it... and instantly knew she should have listened to her inner voice... She had seen this spell before... Up in the air, Crafted by the sun and moon Princesses... suddenly everything that hadn't made sense now did... this was why the spell had taken her memory ... the time lock spell was just a variant of this... 

parts of the glyph that were missing filled in thanks to Maple's ironically fantastic photographic memory including the added elements for the time lock... but they quickly vanished as she realized they weren't needed for the original spell. 

Spoiler

#13560 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14553 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:07 PM

The fog was thick, dark and so dense that all sound was muffled. Ushing his way through, Scarlet slowed to a crawl as he tried to focus purely on Rains voice. Breathing slowly, Scarlet worked his way forward, wings open to their fullest, forehooves sliding from side to side as he moved. It was painfully slow sure, but it ensured that every time he ended up heading down a dead end and had to backtrack and rewind his lasso, he could react a little quicker. It also kept him from spinning himself in circles until he lost allsense of directions. Every so often, Scarlet called out to Rain, encouraging her to call louder. Telling how glad he was to have found her for real, how he would not leave her this time, how she was safe this time and, most importantly, how sorry he was that she had been stuck here for so long.

Eventually, after an almost interminable amount of walking, with Rains voice getting fractionally louder, Scarlet turned a corner and could instantly tell he was on the home stretch. Winding a final path, the blue pegasus finally finally found the mare he'd spent so long searching for!

"Finally! I'm here! I've come to take you back home Rain!"

Attached Thumbnails

• 088F237F-20D1-4C5C-8C3F-608BA9BE24E0.jpeg

fslookup.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users