Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

play by post STOMP

13616 replies to this topic

#41 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Brisk Iron slowly looked over the group. "You'll have to use judgement on unfriendlies. It's preferable to detain them so the actual authorities can question them. That said, I understand if you need to...defend...yourselves. Just don't seek out trouble or use needless force."
Spoiler

#42 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

"Understood. I will use my judgment."

Night Cap ponders for a moment.

"When does our train leave? We'll need to prepare provisions for this mission."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#43 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

"The base is not on the rail lines. Other travel arrangements have been made. Did anypony else have any questions?"
Spoiler

#44 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

When Brisk Iron had commented on her observation, Amber had smiled and nodded like a grade school student with a right answer, but she began to look worried as the details of the mission were sorted through. She nodded at Night Cap's mention of collecting provisions; she had felt packed and prepared for anything before the meeting, but now she felt she could take a few minutes to sit down and try to figure out what kind of day she was having. When Brisk Iron asked if there were further questions, she hesitantly looked around the room and slowly started to raise a hoof, then shook her head and nodded.

"Yes, Ms. Iron - I mean, I may be just a bit behind the rest of the group on one significant detail here, and I wonder if you can clarify - well, I just didn't realize that we would be - I don't suppose the wand is acting up on its own, ma'am, and I suppose that if it were exposed to the right circumstances, it could have been activated by accident or something to that effect, but ma'am -"

Amber shook her head. "Do you have any idea what condition - or in whose possession - we should expect to find the wand in, ma'am?"

Edited by Copper Bezel, 15 May 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#45 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Rhapsody watches and listens to the questions, being mostly silent and observant during this time. "We're probably all going to need at least some time to gather some supplies for a climate. I don't think any of us could have the level of foresight to pack for the extreme temperature's we'll likely be facing." She states, even though she had some items for the cold, where they were going cold tend to be an understatement.  "Unless, you are wanting the wand AND six new ice sculptures for the museum, Madam Iron." She says, trying to be as respectful as possible, when Brisk Iron makes it sounds like they'll have almost no time to prepare before heading out.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#46 Caraise Link

Caraise Link

Gone.

• Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

Windrose mulled for a few moments before speaking up.  She lost any trace of giddiness sometime after Amber raised the possibility of the wand already being found, and throws a concerned glance at the sketches.  "If it can lower temperatures across an entire region, freezing over a small ruin or base is no real trouble.  I don't usually bring fire enchantments with me."

Tired of this forum shitting on me.

#47 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Brisk Iron responded to the various concerns in a calm and collected manner. "I don't know if the wand acting up on its own would be a good thing or not. Wouldn't have to deal with hostile parties but it may also mean the wand needs to be destroyed outright instead of being recovered. Cold weather gear will be provided for you. I believe we were able to get Light Fantastic's exact size from her theater company though the rest are rough estimates. Amber, collect the folder's contents. Everypony follow me." After walking through several corridors, the team arrived in a room with a large rune circle on the floor with several unicorns standing around it. "Alright, everyone walk to the center of the circle and relax. This will tickle a bit." The unicorns' entire bodies began to emit a pale pink light which soon filled the room. Each of the team members feels something similar to having their face powdered but all over their body. Suddenly, there's a falling sensation, as if being dropped from the greatest of heights! Hurtling and spinning until...stopping. Almost like a mother griffin cradling her hatchlings in her wings. Around the team is different set of unicorns that are clearly drained. And then it hits: the cold. Brisk Iron glares at one of the attendants. "Why isn't the base wa..." "Something's wrong! The warming spell on the base has been eroding over the past hour and something's affecting the backup generator. We do have the gear ready for the team though." Several assistants scramble to get the team into winter coats that seemed to have a subtle warming enchantment.

Edited by Zamuel, 16 May 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Spoiler

#48 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Night Cap feels cold for only a brief moment, before it gives way to an almost cozy numbness. Every hair on his body straightens out. Nothing else moves.

Feeling returns as Night Cap struggles to cooperate with the unicorn trying to put a winter coat on him. Every time he stiffly begins to move a limb he feels an unfamiliar sensation, like nothing he'd ever felt before. Cold? No. "Cold" is a word he'd used plenty of times, and this feeling is not what that word meant. This feels more like what he imagined being on fire might feel like.

He speaks without separating his teeth.

"How much gear do you have?"

B5ofTKU.jpg

#49 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Amber splays all four legs and then stands on her hind legs momentarily to peer at her back, shaking her tail, as she checks herself over. "I think that was fun," she says through a shiver, her horn crackling with tiny sparks in tune with her shaking. "I'll need to get back to you in a few minutes," she says as she gratefully accepts a coat and draws it over herself, "but yes, I believe that was fun." She draws the collar closed, adjusts her saddlebag strap, and glances around the room, still shivering.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 16 May 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#50 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Light Fantastic let out a sharp hiss as the cold hit her body.

"Great Celestia!" she exclaimed, "I don't think even the winters in the Crystal Empire are this cold."

She graciously accepted the coat from one of the other unicorns.

"Much obliged," she said.

She started to trot in place to keep her blood flowing.

"So what do we do now?"

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#51 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

"Interesting." Said Willow as she was putting on the winter gear.

Turning to Light Fantastic, she asked, "Is that what teleportation feels like..?"

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#52 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Rhapsody follows along as they are lead out of the room and through parts of the museum she had never knew existed. The black pegasus looks cautiously at the circle, before slowly trotting into it with the rest of the group. Rhapsody gasps and shivers softly as she feels like her whole body is being powdered before seeming to drop from nowhere; an urge to open her wings hitting her but before she can they... stop... like literal air breaks are applied to her and the group's decent. A sharper gasp escapes her lips as the cold hits her. "Buck its cold." She says as a shiver runs through her body. The attendants just barely seeming to the get the coats on quick enough for Rhapsody's liking.

Rhapsody's ears perk as she hears Amber talk of fun. "I've had fun, I know what fun is. This isn't it!" She says with a huff as her body starts to warm up thanks to the coat, before looking over to Light "They're not... Partly because we're further north, and partly because the Empire has magic in place that helps negate the worst of it." She replies and then looks to Amber once more. "Your our expert on the wand, supposedly." She says, not doubting Amber's skills but also not knowing just how far they extend in this topic. "Would the wand be causing the warming spell to deteriorate and generator?"

Edited by Database, 16 May 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#53 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

"I can't feel my wings."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#54 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

Amber turns to Night Cap and lolls her head, perplexed. "I can't see your wings. Do you think something went wrong with the wink?" She shakes her head. "I've never teleported further than a few feet, myself, but I suppose I can imagine misplacing something along the way, especially if it wasn't attached to me."

She steps over to inspect the stallion's back, then hears Rhapsody's question and looks at the floor, narrowing her eyes. 

"My expertise will only really help with the wand itself. I can't tell you much about the spell - oh, if only I could duck down the hallway to Winter Moon's office," she exclaims. "He could tell us whether or not the wand's magic could work its way back through the protective spell or into the machinery. But if I could take a look at the generator, I might be able to tell you more," she says. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 16 May 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#55 Caraise Link

Caraise Link

Gone.

• Supporter
  • 2278 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Windrose catches her balance coming out of the spell fairly easily, tamely looking down at herself and checking a hoof as if making sure everything was still in order.  She glanced at the tired unicorns in turn, mumbling "I suppose it's only short winks that feel like jumping..."  She was also becoming frigid, but she could deal with that after a quick glance around the room.

Windrose removed her duster with a sad look as the assistant rushed towards her.  "The leg warmers are a bit pointless too," she said with a wry smile at her saddlebag.  She glances up at Rhapsody.  "Oh, even I could tell you it was probably the staff.  I don't think a warming spell would erode from normal cold; wouldn't it just fail to keep it as warm?"

Spoiler

#56 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Amber draws out the small notebook she'd been scribbling into in the meeting room out of her saddlebag and sits down, looking over her notes. Her voice takes on the same near-monotone it did when she was taking them.

"Hmm. Yes, you're probably right, Ponywholooksatthings," she says. "But even if the spell spread into this base and chilled it, it shouldn't be affecting the generator, should it?"

Spoiler

Edited by Copper Bezel, 16 May 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#57 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

"There can be number of various reasons that a spell could fail on a theoretical angle. But yes,its the combination of it and the generator's failure that stands out to me." Rhapsody says as she starts to pace back and forth. "It's too much to be a coincidence."

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#58 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

As the assistant briefly noted to Night Cap that they had enough supplies for everypony, Amber Spark was able to make impressive insights over the nature of the situation. While something of the wand's caliber could certainly cause problems, the descriptions used seemed more in line with magical nullification. It would explain why the Crystal Empire was having difficulty keeping the spell out. It also revealed that at least one of the Keep's generators was magical in nature. The slow rate of decay instead of the usual instant deactivation would imply the effect was leaking from somewhere instead of being targeted.
Spoiler

#59 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

"Not a coincidence," Amber says, still shuffling through her notes and making a couple of quick addenda, "but not weather control magic. Something is probably nullifying the protection spell and the generator - and that might explain the difficulties the Crystal Empire is having against this cold, too." Amber begins tucking away her notes. 

She turns to one of the assistants and begins to step away from the group. "Does somepony have an espresso machine that doesn't require magical power? And did anyone find the earth pony's wings?" She pauses and blinks, a snap of electricity from her horn making a soft pop. "Ooooooooh," she says in sudden revelation, holding a hoof to her lip.

#60 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Rhapsody  nods as Amber starts to comment about her theories. "That's 'good'" She replies, one could almost hear the air quotes around the word good. "So now we have two issues to deal with, the wand and the source of the nullification." She muses mostly to herself as she continues to pace back and forth, part of it to help her think and part of it to help warm her up more. "But that is why I didn't want to jump to conclusions that it was the wand doing this. Unicorn magic isn't as infallible as some like to think, growing up with two unicorns has taught me that much."

"Espresso or something along those lines would be very good. Something warm would certainly help me think more, I think." She says perking an ear to Amber's request. "So, didn't something similar to this happen some time ago? Back when that King Somnambula or whoever attacked?" Rhapsody asks, not being the best with names, especially when its cold and hard to think. "Not saying it's strictly related, but it wouldn't be the first time that this region has experienced such shield failure."

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users