Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

play by post STOMP

13616 replies to this topic

#21 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Light Fantastic glanced up as Brisk Iron came into the room.

"Of course," she said.

She took her seat.

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#22 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Willow Wisp gave Amber Spark an icy look, then took her seat, 

Edited by Cabooceratops, 14 May 2014 - 09:03 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#23 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

Amber crumples a bit under the glare but says nothing, trying to make it clear that she's giving Brisk Iron her full attention while biting back a growing instinct to wink back into the hallway.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#24 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Brisk Iron sits at the desk and calmly adjusts her glasses. "For those who don't know who I am, my name is Brisk Iron and I'm the Chief Director of the Equestrian Expedition Keep. Of course, those who do know who I am probably know that this is not for standard Keep business. You are being tasked with a mission of utmost importance." The managerial mare opened her folder, spreading several drawings and a few photos across the table. "Several reports have come in from the northern regions that there has been a steady temperature drop the past few days. Initially, it was not deemed an issue but it's bypassing the Crystal Empire's climate field. This would imply the effect is magical in nature and where the problem lies. We have reason to believe somepony has either discovered the Wand of the North Wind or has gotten close to where it is. The wand itself is one of several long lost relics of great power and would be highly dangerous if it were to fall into the wrong hooves. While the Keep has a northern base, an expert team is needed for the actual searching, both for the dangers of reaching it and for dealing with anything you find there."
Spoiler

#25 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Night Cap glances at the photos. His smile returns.

"What are our orders?"

B5ofTKU.jpg

#26 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Amber squints as she levitates a couple of drawings for a closer look, seeming to forget entirely about her anxieties and the other ponies in the room with them. "Do we know anything about the wand's history or forging?" she asks, turning away from Brisk Iron as she compares a set of sketches.

Spoiler

OOC: Edit to add fix skill check:

Amber continues to carefully consider the sketches.

Spoiler

Edited by Copper Bezel, 14 May 2014 - 11:41 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

Brisk Iron sits at the desk and calmly adjusts her glasses. "For those who don't know who I am, my name is Brisk Iron and I'm the Chief Director of the Equestrian Expedition Keep. Of course, those who do know who I am probably know that this is not for standard Keep business. You are being tasked with a mission of utmost importance." The managerial mare opened her folder, spreading several drawings and a few photos across the table. "Several reports have come in from the northern regions that there has been a steady temperature drop the past few days. Initially, it was not deemed an issue but it's bypassing the Crystal Empire's climate field. This would imply the effect is magical in nature and where the problem lies. We have reason to believe somepony has either discovered the Wand of the North Wind or has gotten close to where it is. The wand itself is one of several long lost relics of great power and would be highly dangerous if it were to fall into the wrong hooves. While the Keep has a northern base, an expert team is needed for the actual searching, both for the dangers of reaching it and for dealing with anything you find there."

"With all due respect, Ma'am; I don't see how we are an 'expert team'. An astronomer that barely leaves her lab, a dancer, an overly excitable researcher, somepony that 'looks at things', then we have the quiet angry one... Only Night Cap seems to have any real experience with this sort of thing." She states simply. "If this really was as dangerous as you believe, wouldn't alerting the Royal Guard or somepony that could actually DO something be more prudent an action? Assembling six strangers with varying degrees of experience, seems more like an invitation to disaster then anything else." The black pegasus, getting a several of her concerns over this whole project off her chest.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#28 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

Upon hearing his experience spoken of, Night Cap nods his head in proud acknowledgment, with raised eyebrows and a smile.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#29 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

Willow Wisp's eyes narrowed at the accusation of being 'angry', but kept her objections to herself.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 15 May 2014 - 12:22 AM.

#30 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

"With all due respect Rhapsody, you and I both know you're in this room for more than just your astronomy degree. Each pony is multitalented. Some more obviously than others. Some of you have been vouched for." Her eyes ever so briefly paused on Night Cap, then Light Fantastic. "But you all have skills of worth. I wouldn't put you at risk if I didn't think you could pull it off. The Royal Guard is quite aware but our northern base is closest to where we think the source is."
Spoiler

#31 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

Rhapsody caught Willow's eyes narrowing, if the horseshoe fits she huffs to herself. Though at Brisk's comment she blinks abit. Seems that the chief knew of her... Night life... Rhapsody simply nods. "Yes, ma'am."

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#32 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Suddenly distracted by something other than nasty looks and poor hygiene, Amber, for her part, seems for the first time to be certain she is in the right room. "Yes, I'm sure we'll find out what the loud one and the quiet one are for shortly." She shuffles through the papers, handing one in the direction of Rhapsody. "Hold this one, please." She adjusts her glasses with a hoof as she studies the inscription on the shaft of the wand in one of the sketches. In the drawing, the wand's metallic-looking snowflake head seems to levitate above the shaft.

"I've heard of the Wand of the North Wind, but I'm shocked to see that the rumors are, for the most part, true. Sacrificed magic - the magical talents of unicorns and pegasi forged directly into the material of the wand. Inelegant, barbaric - a little beautiful, though," she says. "No ordinary enchantment this - not that you could control the weather on that scale with ordinary enchantments, unless you're Starswirl the Bearded and you're scheduling a picnic," she continues, pausing to chuckle. "Certainly not the most interesting relic for study, but..." She turns the sketch sideways, calculating; can I get two papers out of this? Three, in a stretch? "But quite a piece of history, and it will certainly be an impressive museum piece - can you imagine touching it, all that old magical power in one place, all those ponies from so long ago just reaching out to you across time ... of course we can only display a replica, at least without a very powerful disabling spell, but I think we can manage the sheen," she says, glancing up at Rhapsody.

"It's not actually metal, you see, but I think I can emulate the lustre with the right alloy, once I can work with it in hoof." Amber looks at the black pegasus with a sideways grin, speaking in a low aside."Still don't think this overly excitable researcher has something to contribute?"

She begins to collect the papers, then glances around the room again, smiling. Her gaze fixes on the pink unicorn that she's almost certain by now really is claiming to be a dancer, then the apparent vagabond who looks at things, and finally for an instant on the angry pegasus, snapping her glance back like a hoof from fire.

She shuffles backward and flops back into her seat, looking attentively and uneasily at Brisk Iron.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 15 May 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#33 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

Willow Wisp cleared her throat and spoke in a calm, cool voice, "What kind of terrain will we be passing through to pick up this wand?"

Edited by Cabooceratops, 15 May 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#34 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

Rhapsody watches Amber Spark as she gets her groove on about the wand, there is no sense of shock about all this; only a very pleased smile. "I never said you didn't have anything to contribute," She replies honestly, as the unicorn easily backs up what Rhapsody had learned in the minutes before Brisk entered. "my comment was only a brief summation of your personality based on what little time we had to talk. I only doubt the..." She pauses for a moment, and decides 'sanity' is not the best word choice in front of the boss, "Doubt that a team with no experiences with each other, is really the best choice over a group that is both experienced with objects like this and is used to dealing with each others proclivities." She states, still having her doubts about this collective working despite what Brisk Iron had told her.

"And actually your the one I have the least doubts about, at the moment, thanks to our short discussion earlier." She says, trying to make sure her words come across that she's not thinking less of the others, as she hadn't mean 'overly excitable researcher' as an insult or otherwise doubting in her ability and didn't want a similar 'confrontation' with the rest of the group... okay, maybe she completely doubts the angry one... but that's for the look she gave Amber earlier, and already Rhapsody was starting to have a bit of a dislike towards her; but she's not had enough time to get to know or talk to them yet, so she doesn't have a strong grasp yet of what they bring to the stable either way..

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#35 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Light Fantastic regarded the photos with curiosity.

"If you don't mind me asking," she said, "What kind of power of this wand possess?"

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

#36 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

"It's a very powerful weather control implement," says Amber, somewhat emboldened by Rhapsody's words but nonetheless suddenly speaking very quietly. "And not the cheery Sun Stone kind, by the look of this information...." Amber trails off, looking to Brisk Iron to take the lead.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 15 May 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#37 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

Light Fantastic gave a slight shudder.

"I can understand why it's so important then," she said.

God's not dead!

DA account

#38 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Night Cap continues to smile.

"So we have an idea where the source is. What do we know about the area? Are there any old ruins, temples, caves, abandoned research stations, anything that might be used as a base of operations? If someone is looking for this thing, I imagine they're not just strolling around out in the open. Might we be able to narrow our search?"

Edited by Fnu Aw, 15 May 2014 - 02:50 PM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#39 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18315 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

"I'm glad you clued into that detail Amber because most ponies don't. Despite being attuned to the cold, the wand can manipulate all types of weather. As far as travel conditions, it's mountainous permafrost. Exploration has been limited due to the climate though we're narrowing down which mountain we think it may be stored in. We don't know where outside parties might be stationed since it's difficult enough to maintain our own base."
Spoiler

#40 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

"It sounds like we'd better pack heavy. Now if we do run into unfriendly outside parties out there, how should they be dealt with?"

Edited by Fnu Aw, 15 May 2014 - 04:36 PM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users