Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 05:18 PM)

was referring more to how he was suspected of being a traitor in g1. and dreamwave. and 2001 rid...

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 05:10 PM)

Don't expect major events to be forshadowed.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:57 PM)

wow! what a twist! mirage is suspected of being a traitor! :rolleyes

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:49 PM)

yeah im only on issue 4 and its only been like 30 minutes since i started. lots of splash pages and very little dialog

@  unitremover : (27 March 2017 - 04:47 PM)

I read it for the first time about a year ago and my main problem with it was just how little content there seemed to be in the individual issues. I remember thinking that it took probably three issues before I felt like it had really delivered a "proper" issue's worth of story.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:33 PM)

id rather read about the galaxy-wide war than yet another story on earth. thats one of the things i loved about formerly r.i.d. but when they went back before combiner wars i lost interest. i read til all are one because of this.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 04:24 PM)

It's one of those stories that gets slightly better with age because you know that IDW comics recover, but at the time it was a massive step back, a complex universe where the war was being fought across the galaxy swept away offpanel and replaced by n episode of the cartoon with blood..And there's a fan character we were told we were going to love, inserted to lecture the Autobots.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 04:12 PM)

Its not a bad story really, but then I've read actual bad TF event stories by IDW that came later. There is one major turnabout that happens off panel with no explanation that should have been addressed better though.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:08 PM)

im about to start reading all hail megatron. wish me luck...

@  RC85747 : (27 March 2017 - 03:56 PM)

Bow to the evil unicorn

@  RichardT1977 : (27 March 2017 - 03:55 PM)

The G1 film had multiple good songs.

@  Dracula : (27 March 2017 - 03:37 PM)

he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

@  Robowang : (27 March 2017 - 03:36 PM)

he's fat.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 March 2017 - 02:39 PM)

What do y'all think of Shrek?

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

Put down that chainsaw and listen to me! It's time for us to join in the fight!

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

At least the G1 film had one good song.

@  Boomhauer : (27 March 2017 - 01:27 PM)

I think I'd rather take neither, because ROTF being awful doesn't magically make the G1 Film stop being terrible.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 12:56 PM)

I'll take a children's movie where everyone talks like Wreck-Gar over a children's movie that has dog sex, masturbation, drugs, golden showers and enemy scrotum.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Oh-ee-yay! Talespin!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Superman.....

@  Sabrblade : (27 March 2017 - 09:27 AM)

"I... am not... a gun."

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Another great 90's animated film is, of course, The Iron Giant.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:25 PM)

Another thing I liked about The Prince of Egypt was that it explained (without even having to say it outright) why Moses was chosen to deliver the Israelites from Egypt. Someone who had been raised among the slaves would have had too much bitterness and would want to go in throwing the wrath of God on all the Egyptians (or at least the royal family) until they all burned alive. But Moses had been raised as a member of the royal family, so he still thought of them as family. He wanted to reach a peaceful solution if at all possible.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:04 PM)

"I know! I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then put that box inside of another box, and when it arrives - AHAHAHA! I'LL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMAH! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT, I tell you! Genius, I say!"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:03 PM)

Hell, The Emperor's New Groove is easily the funniest animated film ever. Disney managed to do what Dreamworks tried to do, and they did it right.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

None of their "funny" movies are anywhere near as funny as Aladdin or The Emperor's New Groove.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

Its a pity Dreamworks devolved into a company that churned out "funny" films filled with pop culture references.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:00 PM)

(also at the end of that scene, the camera pans up from the Egyptian skyline to the night sky and the most prominent constellation is Orion. Which the Egyptians associated with Osiris)

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

Yeah I give them full credit for treating the Last Plague with all the solemness it deserves.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

It freed the Israelites, but Moses sure hated seeing what it did to his brother and all the normal non-slave owning people who didn't do anything wrong to the Israelites.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

And it actually portrays God murdering children as a tragic thing, something most other adaptations disturbingly don't do.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

So that what He told Moses becomes, "I'll lay the smackdown on Egypt, but I should warn you it's only gonna make Rameses dig in his heels more until I have no choice but to break him fully."

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

It also describes the "hardening of the Pharoah's heart" as his natural reaction to the plagues rather than an intentional mental override by God.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:54 PM)

Hell, it actually portrays the Plagues as something that's bad and treats most of the Egyptian people as not deserving that shit. "All the innocent who suffer from your stubbornness and pride" and all that.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I'm a Christian, but Prince of Egypt is one of the few religious movies I'll willingly watch, because it's actually good instead of being self-rightous preachy nonsense, batshit crazy propaganda or schmaltzy trash. It also has a great soundtrack with music that I actually put up there with some of Disney's best stuff.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:45 PM)

Dreamworks's best movies will always be the Dragons movies and The Prince of Egypt.

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

Usually I'm willing to give animated films a go, but I have to agree this looked pretty terrible and I had no desire to see it

@  Patchouli Kn... : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

So it's the new "Bee Movie?"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:16 PM)

Calling it now: it'll be a meme in ten years.

@  Paladin : (26 March 2017 - 02:07 PM)

every single person who said "yes" to BOSS BABY should be smacked. repeatedly. with adamantium.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 06:02 AM)

Yeah, I don't sync my Twitter since it's irrelevant to a TF forum and sometimes NSFW.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 06:00 AM)

Ah, okay. I... don't know if that's a good idea or not. I post a lot of cats.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:50 AM)

I believe it will auto post anything you put on Twitter/Facebook to the Status section on the main forum page?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:41 AM)

And I totally miss Krispy Kreme. I mean, they're still around here, but nowhere I don't have to go well out of my way for any more. =(

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:40 AM)

"i think you can sync profiles from both to this site." Not clear on what that means.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:04 AM)

:D I'm glad I have people and sheep who are willing to eat doughnuts for me.

@  Bass X0 : (26 March 2017 - 04:48 AM)

YOU'RE ALREADY CRAZY, MR. "I AM SHRAPNEL, DECEPTICON HERO"!!

@  Waspinator : (26 March 2017 - 04:45 AM)

DON'T MIND IF I DO

@  WorkbenchManiac : (26 March 2017 - 04:07 AM)

Go crazy?

@  Waspinator : (26 March 2017 - 03:31 AM)

No TV and no beer make Homer something something

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

play by post rpg STOMP

9873 replies to this topic

#1 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 14075 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

*static crackle*

Good evening folks! Hope you all enjoyed that soul stirring musical performance by the Fillyharmonic Orchestra because now it's time for another exciting Saturday night with the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour! Brought to you by the rock bottom deals of Barnyard Bargains. This week we once again bring you to the explorative exploits of the Explorers of STOMP. No point to dilly dallying, let's bring you to the team...

On a warm and sunny Tuesday afternoon, deep below a renown museum in the sleepy seaside town of Caballuston, a motley multitude has been gathered in a meeting room. This is a new team, awaiting their first assignment together.

Spoiler

Edited by Fnu Aw, 05 October 2016 - 04:30 PM.

Spoiler

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33653 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Amber tried "waiting" for almost five full minutes and defaulted to rearranging her toolcase, something of a challenge considering that each caliper and file and loupe had its own custom-fit slot. She watched hesitantly as each new pony entered the room, looking up anxiously and trying not to make eye contact. When the black pegasus pony first entered, she nearly started a conversation, and she'd almost gotten up the stuffing to do so when the gruff-looking earth pony in the duster entered and her confidence shattered.

Finally, minutes later, she tries again.

Her name - it was something musical, Amber knew that. Melody? Cadence?

"Um, Rhapsody, it's a very nice surprise to see a familiar face!" said Amber, smiling awkwardly. "You're an astronomer, correct? I think - I remember your work on - something to do with - stars - well, maybe you can fill in the details for me. Do you know any of our - " Amber can't help pausing to glance around the room, settling on that much-abused jacket and the hard-edged earth pony wearing it. "Any of our esteemed colleagues in this endeavor?"

Edited by Copper Bezel, 13 May 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#3 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

Light Fantastic gave the excited pegasus an amused grin as they walked down the hallways.

"I would be delighted to," she said.

She levitated a photo and a quill out of her saddlebag.  With a flourish, she signed her name to the photo and gave to her companion.

Once they reached the office, she took note of the other ponies gathered.

"Hello, everypony!" she said brightly, "How are all of you this fine day?"

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#4 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33653 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Amber looks up from Rhapsody at the loud pink unicorn entering the room. "Um, hello!" she says, looking the unicorn over. "I'm Amber Spark. I'm an antiquarian and researcher here. What's your specialization? Ancient caballigraphy? Equipology?" She glances at the unicorn's cutie mark and back to her piercing blue eyes. "Historical ... fashion?"

Edited by Copper Bezel, 13 May 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#5 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

WAHAHAHA! EH HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!

• Staff
  • 29873 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Night cap sits motionlessly, only his eyes moving as they follow the zebra until she is completely out of sight. He then slowly looks around the room, turning his head as he goes. Finishing his survey of the room, he aims his gaze at the floor and begins to breathe deeply. His eyelids droop.

One ear twitches as he hears Light Fantastic's question. Barely keeping his eyes open, he answers.

"I feel great," he says in a peppy voice.

#6 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32113 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

The Black Pegasus nods as she looks to the pink and green Zebra. "Alright." She says and grabs up a saddle bag and throws it across her flank; might like the rest of her outfit; the rainbow stockings, and currently neon green hairband, the saddle bag was brightly colored, magenta with orange flames patten. She trots through the hallway following Zig Zag until she reaches the room with currently only the unicorn she'd seen around here in passing, Ember this , or maybe Amber that; something or other, she never was that good with names. Her purple eyes focusing on her as she finally speaks up.

Rhapsody nods. "Its nice to see you as well, even if its only passing recognition. Least it means I won't be completely surrounded by wild cards." She replies, taking on her more professional tone at the moment... might as well put on a good first impression. "Yes, I am one of the top astronomers here." Okay... maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but she was very skilled and dedicated to her job and was respected for it... least she thinks she is. "Constellations was what my last paper was about, talking about how they related both to the here and now and gave clues to the past." She replies and notices as the other ponies start to enter.

Her eyes seeming to light up a bit at Light Fantastic, she doesn't know here... but she's colorful... she's a bit in awe and a bit jealous at the same time. "It would be better if it was night, hard to get any work done while the sun is obscuring all the other stars." She says as she tries to hide it, and then looks back to Amber, to answer her last question. "Not really, I've been... busy... with other things, I've not had time to really gather any information on the others." 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#7 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Light Fantastic flashed a big smile at her fellow unicorn.

"My name is Light Fantastic," she said, "One of Equestria's most famous ballerina ponies.  It's pleasure to meet you...ah...I don't think I caught your name.  Or any of your names for that matter."

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

#8 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33653 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

"Amber Spark," Amber says, nodding. "Yes, let's have some introductions. I've just been speaking to Rhapsody, here, who's apparently the very best astronomer they could find. It's very exciting to meet you all - I'm just honored to work with such a highly recommended team."

Amber looks aside at Rhapsody. "Constellations, hmm? That is fascinating. You know, I was on the team that decoded the Canterkythera mechanism, which was used to predict the heavenly cycles, and I've always been intrigued by astronomical equipment and calculating machines. One of the first machines that really caught my eye as a young foal was the famous Crystal Orrery - I assume that you've seen it? Of course you've seen it, everyone's seen it - I just - oh! - think it's really fascinating to see how past Equestrian societies have worked to record and calculate the heavens. There's something very pure about it, I think - our little machines to emulate the vast machine we find ourselves within and unravel its workings. Do you have any - "

Amber catches herself and looks at her hooves.

"Um, it's very nice to meet you, Rhapsody."

Amber looks up to Light Fantastic. "So, Ms. Fantastic. You say that you're a ... a dancer, correct? That's ... that's really wonderful, I think hobbies are very important, you know, I make puzzle boxes sometimes, little ones," Amber says, gesturing with her hooves. "I think it's important to keep one's mind and body sharp! But, um ... what do you do?"

Amber motions with a hoof to the rest of the group to step up and introduce themselves as she takes a step closer to Light Fantastic, looking at her with a curious and slightly uncomfortable smile.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 13 May 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#9 Caboo

Caboo

Local Tentacle Maiden

• Supporter
  • 19682 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Willow Wisp followed the Zebra, muttering something under her breath about not being a fire fighter...

Looking over the five other ponies present in the room, her face creased into a frown, giving little more than non-committal noises to their greetings.

#10 2016 II

2016 II

This Year, Someone Dies

• Supporter
  • 2225 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Despite being the third in the room, Windrose seemed perfectly content to sit quietly and look upon the surrounding conversations with bemused detachment. She seemed to be anticipating the upcoming briefing far more than the small talk around her, although her ears had perked up at the mention of a crystal orrery. She also seemed to have trouble containing a chuckle in exact proportion to the length of Amber's sentences.

At first she had resisted the more cheerful unicorn's temptations to come and introduce herself, but Amber's gesture made it unavoidable. Primarily because everypony else was either asleep, aloof or already talking. She took a step towards the group at large and tried to sound jovial. "Windrose Weave, I walk around and look at things." But not...too jovial.

An ocean of blood and the ocean is space, that's a more realistic estimate.

#11 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33653 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

Spoiler

"Windrose Weave, nice to meet you," says Amber. "That's a lovely name, and you know, that's quite a - well, that's a very interesting -"

Amber motions to the slumped earth pony stallion and grins nervously. "And you are...?" she asks, motioning with her horn as if to draw a more forthcoming answer out of him.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 14 May 2014 - 01:54 AM.

#12 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32113 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Rhapsody glances to Amber, as the unicorn introduces her. "I doubt that is why I am here. I'm an astronomer, I've got little experience exploring ruins and the like. It's not like I'm adept at traversing rough terrain or beating up monsters or anything. Its like when isn't there a monster or guardian when ruins are involved? Last thing we need to do is awaken or piss off some ancient god-like entity like Discord or Ahuizotl; an Astronomer is going to be little help there..."

Though as her work is brought up, Rhapsody's demeanor seems to change some, her tone sounding less formal and seemingly any worries she might have of being here melt away. "Oh, yes... I've heard some about that. Always was eager to get a real look at that, though I've heard its not in the best shape. But I guess not every artifact is gonna be nowadays... Learning of new, or rather ancient ways of how ponies used to chart and study Luna's great tapestry has always been one of my biggest interests." She says and giggles as you bring up the orrery. "Seen it? I've spent several of the better nights of my life studying and trying, hoping, to learn even more about it and apply it to my own studies. There's no way they have all it's secrets figured out yet. Always seems like there is one more to figure out, even when you're sure there isn't."

The Black Pegasus almost seeming to match Amber's speed as she gets into discussing her thoughts and ideas, before the Unicorn catches herself, which seems to have a similar effect for Rhapsody; who glances about as she seems to try and recover her professionalism."Yes... It is a... pleasure to meet you as well Amber." She states and decided to take a seat before she makes an ever bigger foal of herself in front of all these strangers.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#13 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

"I dance ballet for a living," said Light Fantastic, "You might have heard about my role as the Phoenix in the ballet of the same name.  I've danced with many of Equestria's finest ballet companies, but most of the time I stick with the Canterlot Ballet Company.

Constellations?  That sounds fascinating.  What all does it entail?"

God's not dead!

DA account

#14 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Staff
  • 29873 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Spoiler

Night Cap raises his head and speaks with a slight smirk

"You all know me. Know how I earn a living."

He glances around the room. The smirk disappears.

"Sorry. Always wanted to say that. The name's Night Cap. I'm an explorer of sorts. I've explored plenty, but I don't usually work with an institution like this. My operations are independent, and poorly funded I might add."

He glances around the room once more.

"To be honest, this is the largest team I've seen. I often just go alone. You could say I do it for the love of it. Seeing things other ponies haven't seen. Learning things other ponies don't know. It calls to me."

Edited by Fnu Aw, 14 May 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#15 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33653 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Spoiler

As Rhapsody explains her own experience with antediluvian astronomical aids, Amber can't help feeling excited despite her many and mounting misgivings about the other ponies in the room and her sudden uncertainty about just what kind of project she's signed herself into. Unconsciously, Amber sidesteps closer to Rhapsody. She speaks in a low, quick aside, almost a whisper, to Rhapsody. "We simply must discuss this further in the future. You know we have an extrapolated replica of the Canterkythera Mechanism on display here at the museum, but," and Amber's voice drops further, conspiratorily, "I'm sure we could arrange for you to examine the real thing if you'd like." 

Amber turns to the earth pony stallion. "Night Cap, it's very nice to meet you. So you're an experienced adventurer, then? I suppose it's very sensible that we have at least one of your sort on the team - no idea what we might be encountering out there!" Amber can't help glancing skeptically at Windrose and settling on Light Fantastic, sizing her up one last time with an expression of very poorly disguised suspicion, as she motions to the last pony in the room. If Windrose had seemed intimidating, the pegasus who had entered the room last gave Amber echoes of her thesis defense. "And you are ... " Amber asks, motioning with a hoof.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 14 May 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#16 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 14075 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

"...ready to start as soon as everypony is seated." Brisk Iron walks into the room with a folder tucked under her left wing.
Spoiler

#17 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33653 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

"Chi-Chief Director Iron!" Amber says, dropping into her seat like a plush doll. "Yes ma'am. Um, very nice to see you here, ma'am."

#18 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Staff
  • 29873 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

Night Cap jolts alert at the sound of Brisk Iron's voice. He sits. His eyes fixate on the folder.

#19 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32113 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

Rhapsody nods to Amber. "Yes, another time when were not busy with what likely to be some wild goose chase." She says, though its hard to hide that bright glimmer in those purple eyes, the black pegasus clearly excited at the idea of seeing the real thing, barely able to contain a fangirlish squee of excitement at the prospect.

She blinks as the Cheif Director enters much sooner then she had expected, being a mixed blessing that she's glad that this will be over sooner then later, but annoyed that the prospect of hearing more from Amber is cut short at the moment. She plops her tail down. "Yes, Cheif Director." She says once again in her full professional mode.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#20 2016 II

2016 II

This Year, Someone Dies

• Supporter
  • 2225 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

Windrose finishes taking her seat about when Amber and Rhapsody start, sitting on the edge with rapt attention.  She looked like she'd be wearing an immature grin if she weren't busy taking in as many details as her eyes could scrounge up.

An ocean of blood and the ocean is space, that's a more realistic estimate.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users