Zephyr's Thread ver. 3.14a

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20221008_224536~2.jpg
Look at what TMM found at our local toy shop! Took my time building it. Will likely add a little detailing at some point. Today we spotted Celes, but that one's already in TMM's Loot Pile from BBTS. Just waiting on Windam now...

Rayearth is cool. So many stabby points though. XD

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
In which the party stands in a cluster for two entire rounds and loses a considerable amount of HP, like idiots, because we're too busy arguing about where chocolate comes from.

kJaOBpb.png

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
3yrgcvgkaw4.jpg

j7mmcmvw3m7.jpg

k739c89ng97.jpg

With the experiences I had with the Rayearth kits and Gradion, I was fairly worried about how Eldora V would turn out, being a combining robot. I guess Good Smile must've taken some feedback to heart, though, this lad's joints are tight, and a number of the high-use swivel joints have a locking mechanism in assembly so they can't just slide off with normal use. I'm impressed, and more hype for their Voltron now.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
j7mmcm3g6m7.jpg

...well, it only took me a year and a half to get around to Selece and complete the trio.

Looking back at the datestamps for Rayearth and Windam was a mistake.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
God, I never did get around to buying Combined Rayearth, but at this point I really don't know if I want to do that kit for a fourth time...

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Yeah, building the same kit over and over gets old.

::: quietly ignores his five Master-grade Strike Gundams, six High-grade Zakus, and shelf full of Astrays :::

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
One of the Zakus sheds parts if I look at it wrong, but it's a really old kit (technically it's not even a High grade because the grade didn't exist yet, I just lump it in), so that's just age and wear.

Never actually built a Moderoid myself, although I have Voltron and the Thunderjaw on preorder. I keep waffling on the Big O.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I dunno if Eldora V is indicative of an overall quality increase, but it's definitely a fair bit nicer than the regular Rune Gods and Gradion. I know I heard some iffy things about some of the Patlabor kits that I think predated the Rune Gods, so I'm hoping Goodsmile's just finding their feet and thankfully doing it a bit quicker than I expected.

I've been eyeballing Giant Robo, Getter Dragon, Gridman, and got Voltron on preorder as well.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
God, I never did get around to buying Combined Rayearth, but at this point I really don't know if I want to do that kit for a fourth time...
On the plus side, the feathered wings it has have some really sweet range. Will try to remember to take pics.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, the big wings are part of the draw, but the rest requires me to finally pull the trigger on Getter Dragon, for silly SRW reasons.

Top Bottom