Your Best TF Deals?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I have way more Transformers than my equally geeky brother. (He's six years younger than me so while I hit the TF line perfectly as a kid he only caught the tail end and was more a Ninja Turtles fan).

BUT my brother kinda kicks my but at finding awesome deals. About a decade or so ago we were at a collectibles store here in the US and he found a UK Exclusive Action Master Bombshell that the owner clearly didn't know or care about for $5.

He just gave me a call and today he saw an add online for a pawn shop that had some Transformers in the background so he went over and took a look. He just scored a Car Robots Brave Maximus mint in box for $275.

Very Cool.

I was curious if anyone else had an awesome deal they'd found that they wanted to share?

-ZacWilliam, I would be jealous but I don't have $275 to drop on a toy at the moment, and his kid loves Headmasters so I'm happy he got it.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
My wife has trained me to keep an eye on clearance aisles, so I've picked up quite a lot of things at drastically reduced prices. Got Netflix Soundwave for $13, reissue Blaster and Siege Sixgun for $2, reissue Rattrap for $5, reissue Scorponok for $7. Those are the most recent highlights, anyway.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
My best deal was Combiner Wars Devy for $50. BX (think Walmart but on military installations) had marked At $60. I had a $10 gift card. And buying at the BX is tax free.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
From an age long past....

10dollar.jpg

If I didn't have my entire family with me, and we weren't also grocery shopping, I would've bought more than 4.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I can't think of any deals I've had that were particularly great for me. For other people, on the other hand...

When I was getting ready to move back home after my time in San Diego, I decided I had too much stuff to pack and move. There was a kid in my apartment building that I didn't really know too well, but decided to just give him some of my larger TFs that I didn't really want and kinda regretted buying. Specifically, Armada Powerlinx Optimus Prime and Powerlinx Jetfire, and Energon Ultra Magnus and Tidal Wave. All in perfect condition, complete with all accessories and instructions.

I really don't regret giving up Optimus or Jetfire. I hope the kid had a lot of fun with them. In hindsight though, I do wish I'd kept Magnus and Tidal Wave. I've come around to where I'd like to have both, but it would be cost prohibitive to replace them at this point.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Got my Siege Megatron for $5 when Walmart was clearing out the line during the early days of the pandemic. They also had Siege Magnus for $9, though I passed on it. It sat in my cart for quite a while as I walked through the store, all the same. Tangentially, I got an even crazier deal on chicken breasts that day - like $2 a pound. I totally loaded up for myself and various members of the family. What a weird time.

Let's see, I also got PotP Moonracer for $5 the year before. Also from Walmart.

Way back in the day, I'd gotten some of the Universe 2.0 Legends (Cosmos, Wheelie, Warpath) for about $3 a piece, plus Inferno from the same line for $10. Hey, that was Walmart, too. Ha ha ha!

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
I got Animated Sunstorm snd purple Shockwave for I believe it $6 a piece, due to an error or typo in the Target computers.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I've had a lot of good fortune collecting over the years, and have helped quite a few of my fellow collectors along the way. Here are just a couple of my favorites:

-In 1995, I came across a guy who had a bunch of Transformers that he wanted to get rid of. To my surprise, he had a garage filled with totes of G1 stuff, a lot of which were complete with unapplied stickers. Some of the highlights from that haul were Starscream, Skywarp, Hot Rod, Ratchet, Hound, and Jazz. The price for all that and then some was $50.

-Around 1997, I went to a neighborhood garage sale and picked up Shockwave and a 1984 Storm Shadow...for a dollar.

There have been plenty more along my journey, but those are my favorites.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My best deal, was down to a Ebay seller error, a figure I did order but they sent the wrong figure and they refunded what I ordered and didn't bother asking me to post the figure back, it was Last knight voyager Optimus prime, so techinally speaking, it was FREE, thou that just a fluke but still, I'm not going to complain as its a desent figure

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Some off the top of my head:
Platinum Dinobots Set (the AoE guys with G1 headsculpts, the non-con silver versions) for $50 at Ross
Wave 1 Titans Return Deluxes for $2 a pop (when they were new!)
Wave 1 Legacy Deluxes for $13 each
I guess PotP Outback and Cindersaur for $2 each?

msol

Citizen
Up in Canada the BW Reissues have not moved well at all. I got my local WM's last Rattrap (with a beat up card) for $0.02 :D

2 weeks back or so my buddy found three reissue Scorponok's for $10 each (down from the initial $70 CAD price) and he sold me one at cost. Loving this line so far!

Top Bottom