Young Justice: Phantoms

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Cold open this week was a little too ******* real
That was... Kinda... Scary isn't the word. It's not concerning either.

I actually on a weekly walk with an partially autistic guy and he tells me stories about when he gets mad (and about nuclear weapons and Balto and cars and Naruto etc). He's not like the cold open but, yow.

Was he like that in the comics? Did they just make it like the other guy is the same too?!?!

So that mysterious guy at the start of the season is... a TV show original? Someone joked that since the season is about Legionnaires, the villain with the heat vision could be that one shot son of Phantom Zone villains from the Legion tv show. It might actually be somehow kinda right?!?!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
What the hex does adjacent mean? How was the Showcase Green Arrow and Hunted Catwoman related to Young Justice?

Sprock me, I LOVED this follow up! Razer and Aya, while being a semi romantic drama, were waaaay more interesting than Hal Jordan in the show. Pleeeease let Greg W finish his story! Aya must have some uncorrupted piece of AI out there. Robots have back up plans and all that.

Either give them a happy ending or, if they're continuing it, have her stay evil and let's have a love hate relationship go on forward. That would be fun, haha

I've never seen Metron be regarded as a burden by fellow New Gods before. That's odd to me.

Info dump on the Kon El murder. Is this the first time they called him Kon El?

Let Impulse join the Legion! Woo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-132524_VLC.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-132524_VLC.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 51

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Rocket must have some great cell service plan, being able to FaceTime her ex from another galaxy. :)

Betting the League has some kind of space service for things like that.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What the hex does adjacent mean?
It means events akin to those other series/movies happened in the universe of Young Justice without necessarily being those exact events to the letter, and without the exact events of Young Justice needing to have also happened in the worlds of the Green Lantern cartoon and those two movies. It's a concept that prevents any potential creator conflict or continuity gaffes between the different series/movies while still allowing there to be some degree of connection between them.

It's like how the creators of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes claim that the Peter Parker who guest-starred in that series is supposed to be the same one from The Spectacular Spider-Man, despite Greg Weisman stating that The Spectacular Spider-Man is its own unique universe with no other heroes in it. TSSM is therefore AEMH "adjacent" in that events akin to it happen in AEMH, while AEMH's events don't happen in TSSM.

Or like how DuckTales 1987 and Darkwing Duck were "adjacent" to each other in that the latter show strongly implied that events akin to DuckTales happened in its history, despite Tad Stones insisting that Darkwing Duck is a different universe from DuckTales.

Or for an example more close to home, like how all the tie-in media written for the Beast Wars cartoon (the BotCon stories or the IDW comics from 2006) have the events of said cartoon take place in their worlds, while their events don't necessarily happen in the world of the Beast Wars cartoon proper. Or the same situation with the tie-in media for the live action movies: The first three movies happen in tie-ins' world, but the tie-ins don't happen in the movies' world.

Info dump on the Kon El murder. Is this the first time they called him Kon El?
Indeed it is.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh! I like that adjacent explanation of how Show A can be tied to Show B but Show B doesn't have to be tied to Show A. Thanks for that!

Man, I do hope they show a scene, flashback or otherwise, that Clark Kent officially accepts Connor as a part of House of El. It would mean so much to him. I want to see that happen.

Oh and BOO on Superman taking Kon-El's place as the inspiration for the Legion! I hope the toon unfolds as Kon still being the main source, just to have more justification for his existence. For diversity tho, both Connor and Clark work, since they're romancing a species different from their own. Clark is into human Lois while Connor is into martian Megan.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I thought that hasn't happened yet? They told Superman to go to a point or something but it hasn't happened yet?

On Razer's quest, OMG, when you mix red and blue colors, you get violet. The Violet Lanterns are the Star Sapphires, who represent love! Razer is meant to find Aya!

Pleeeease let this happen in the next season of YJ! They need closure. It would work cuz Star Sapphires in the comics rehabilitate their new agents by encasing them in crystal. They might have captured a rogue Aya body and trapped her, kept her enclosed so the self destruct signal didn't trigger. It would take over five years for her to rehabilitate, hence Razer couldn't track her until the crystal released her.

Also Hate (red rage) is the flip side of Love (violet). (Flip side of the same emotion of attraction. Since the opposite of hate and love is apathy).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought that hasn't happened yet? They told Superman to go to a point or something but it hasn't happened yet?
Right. And after speaking to Superman, they had hoped that everything would suddenly, instantly change around them from their perspective, as a sign that their future history had changed for the better (which would have negated their need to even go back in time in the first place), but it didn't. That's what they were disappointed about after speaking to him.

Wibbly-wobbly and all that timey-wimey jazz.

On Razer's quest, OMG, when you mix red and blue colors, you get violet. The Violet Lanterns are the Star Sapphires, who represent love! Razer is meant to find Aya!

Pleeeease let this happen in the next season of YJ! They need closure. It would work cuz Star Sapphires in the comics rehabilitate their new agents by encasing them in crystal. They might have captured a rogue Aya body and trapped her, kept her enclosed so the self destruct signal didn't trigger. It would take over five years for her to rehabilitate, hence Razer couldn't track her until the crystal released her.
They'd be the same Star Sapphires from the Green Lantern cartoon, though, right? They were kind of antagonistic.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Maybe love is a battlefield for them. Maybe they just really believe in fighting for love.

Besides, the Sapphires already helped Razer find Aya, via that teleport to the one you love thing they did.

Huh. Razor probably should have visited the Sapphires within his 4 year hunt. Unless Metron was misleading him. The Sapphires could have used that ability to lead Razer to a remnant of Aya somehow.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Technically the event they tell Superman is still some amount of time away. I want to say years still. But if that’s the case there’s still way too much time between for more to change and still affect the time stream for anything to really solidify I would think. Especially when them being in the present time is altering events possibly more than they know.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I finally got caught up again and I am just loving this show!

I can't wait to see everyone's face when Connor comes out of that Projector.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Technically the event they tell Superman is still some amount of time away. I want to say years still. But if that’s the case there’s still way too much time between for more to change and still affect the time stream for anything to really solidify I would think. Especially when them being in the present time is altering events possibly more than they know.
Yeah, I feel like Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy were just expecting too much too fast for things to instantly change immediately after their talk with Superman.

When history didn't change right after their talk, they automatically assumed that Superman simply failed to show up at the place and time that they told him to be at, when the event at said time and place simply hasn't happened yet and first needs to happen in order to history to actually change.

But since it has already happened from their future perspective, they were looking at what they perceived to be the past as completely adherent to their present time (the far future), instead of perceiving it as just the present day that it really is, and which still needs to get to the point of time that they're waiting for in order for said changes to actually occur.

As soon as they were done talking with Superman and were sad that nothing happened to history right then and there, my immediate reaction was "How do you know he failed? It still hasn't happened yet! Be patient!"

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Chanting was weeeeird, haha. Must have affected Conner tho since why would he kneel? Not like the guy was threatening him (then).

Gar, finally!

Looove getting that eyeful. Let's see where that goes.

Mantis (?) was pretty smart there. Actually rooted for them for a while, since Metron was a jerk.

Kilowog! Omg, whaaaaa?!? Haha!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
The chanting scene in this week's new episode was like something out of The Prince of Egypt.
My brother said the exact same thing.

I really liked the pacing of these past few episodes. Really feels like stuff is coming to a head.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's the infodump phase where masterminds and motives get revealed, after a ton of episodes of dragging out the mystery (which in turn needs other things to also be stretched). It says something when multiple scenes pass, including backstory dump slideshows (which would have made great episodes on their own, even in truncated form) and Big Reveal Villain is still expositing about the many twists and turns of the plan.

Top Bottom