Young Justice: Phantoms

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the ep.

Zatarra with all white hair makes me think of the reverend from Kingdom Come. Norm, I think?

I forgot that Aqualad was a host before too. I just remembered Wally.

I'd love to have more religion vs magic thing. Or medical vs magic. But, yeeeeah, that'd be getting Jesus and other gods around. Weeeeird to hear the word jihad in there. Was that proper usage?

Please please please don't let the fatality stick. That was horrible.

Also, one last ep for Zatanna and she's got nothing personal in the arc. Shame.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
I'd love to have more religion vs magic thing. Or medical vs magic. But, yeeeeah, that'd be getting Jesus and other gods around. Weeeeird to hear the word jihad in there. Was that proper usage?
Yes. I have been told "Jihad" is a regular term to normal Muslims as "salvation" is to Christians. Believe it or not, as Spanish speakers have the name "Salvador", Arabic speakers have "Jihad".

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the 12th ep. Soooo it's not over? Well, still a chance to get Zatanna insights.

Kent can't use magic to cure cancer?

Wow, Mary, why? But she did exhibit evil in the comics. (Which I hated).

It's obvious who Klarion's next tether will be. From the past episodes, he experimented with a horrifying combination spell, creating that fleshy abomination. He's going to use that spell with his former and current anchors to create a new creature that's better in all ways. (He's making a Catbus).

From the credits, who was that guy between Superman and Nightwing? Ed Dorado? Aqualad's boyfriend?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Saw the 12th ep. Soooo it's not over? Well, still a chance to get Zatanna insights.

Kent can't use magic to cure cancer?

Wow, Mary, why? But she did exhibit evil in the comics. (Which I hated).

It's obvious who Klarion's next tether will be. From the past episodes, he experimented with a horrifying combination spell, creating that fleshy abomination. He's going to use that spell with his former and current anchors to create a new creature that's better in all ways. (He's making a Catbus).

From the credits, who was that guy between Superman and Nightwing? Ed Dorado? Aqualad's boyfriend?
Can't remember if that was Aquaman's boyfriend or the other Aqualad.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Can't remember if that was Aquaman's boyfriend or the other Aqualad.
IMG_20211230_165954_1.jpg

Are the clothes Atlantean? It could be someone else cuz they keep bringing in new characters. I'm really not sure who that is and important enough to stand with Superman and Nightwing.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
View attachment 3136

Are the clothes Atlantean? It could be someone else cuz they keep bringing in new characters. I'm really not sure who that is and important enough to stand with Superman and Nightwing.
Pretty sure it's Garth (had to look up his name). Aquaman's boyfriend has darker skin and longer hair.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ooooh I actually forgot about Garth Aqualad! Yeah, it looks like him, with the hair. Thanks for checking around!

Y'know, I miss Lagoon Boy. He disappeared after season 2.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. I'm tired of Beast Boy moping. Megan is coping better and she was going to marry Superboy.

Oooooh cutie! Er, if it's time travel involved, same one?

Khalid's disassembling was sick as hex. He's a real doctor so he uses medical themes for his magic? Like is that a comics thing?

Traci uses bad luck? No step on a crack, break your owner's back joke? No ooops, 7 years of bad luck for you? She needs to work on her quips, haha

Oh Mary :/ I'm going to guess the voice is Eclipso (since she got eclipsed in that awful 52 series) or Mister Mind. Mistress Mind?

Reeeeeally could have used more Zatanna being personal.

This is mid season? Boo! Who'd be next anyway? Nightwing or Aqualad?

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
The post credits voice
According to the closed captioning was Granny Goodness

I too felt Zatanna was really underused here. Like she was present for most of it but had little to do that was unique to her.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
On the spoiler... really? Blurg. Nice detective work but, urgh, not happy with the confirmation.

Btw, Bendis wants to make an adult Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon. He already had an awful 12+2 issue run. He'd make an awful tv show based on his work.

YJ Legion... Can't say much about it until they actually appear.

Top Bottom