Young Justice: Phantoms

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Wow, that new origin. It makes the legacy work but, of course, there's in-show backstory not mentioned. I... think it's a cool enough new origin.

I didn't expect that they'd get back to Martian stuff but ok. Who is Em Ree in the DC comics verse anyway? Is she anyone? Or new mythology to the show?

Other than the Legion, I'd love to see Greg W's crew make Mas Y Meno's from Teen Titans into legit characters.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Hey they apparently made the mask Cheshire wears cannon after apparently starting in the toon Teen Titans. So wjy not Mas y Menos?

Thank goodness they fixed Joker's design.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Miss Martian was a creation of Young Justice wasn’t she? I believe she and Kal’dur were added to the main comics after the series premiered. Heck most of the time J’onn is the last green Martian isn’t he?

edit: Miss Martian predates in Teen Titans in 2006 compared to YJ in 2010.

Last edited:

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Miss Martian was a creation of Young Justice wasn’t she? I believe she and Kal’dur were added to the main comics after the series premiered. Heck most of the time J’onn is the last green Martian isn’t he?

edit: Miss Martian predates in Teen Titans in 2006 compared to YJ in 2010.
Uh, but I was responding to Fero about Em'ree, not about M'gann.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I get that But I was under the incorrect assumption that Young Justice created M'Gann and thus anything goes in how her family is, but I found out I was wrong.

A Young Justice wiki says that none of M'Gann's family has appeared in the comics and that Em'ree is created for the show.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ooooh, if Em'ree is new, I'm sure M R (M Rye? Memory?) will reference something, somehow. Like how Kaldur started out as Cal Durham or so.

Also I didn't know about the YJ Cheshire mask being taken from Teen Titans Cheshire. I assumed it was from the comics. Pretty cool!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I watched this last night and I loved the resolution of how Oracle got injured in this series. Orphan is awesome and continues to be so. The whole mole situation was great, and I loved the resolution to it. I can't wait to see how that resolves.

Seeing Ms Martian just go full power for vengeance was epic. I really hope that they pick up on the future part of the series soon with Conner though.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Zatanna is next? I hope it's something new and not about her dad again. Hope Nightwing is involved instead of Constantine.

Btw, what was that Shade and Cheshire thing? I don't remember anything about that from season 3 but y'know, I forget things.

It's all Lian's fault btw. Haha, kidding

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am curious to how they are going to get help form the shadows to not be shadows.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the 9th ep. That was gory.

I know Mary. I know Traci 13 by name but not her comic history. But I have no idea who Khalid is.

But it's odd that there's nothing personal about Zatanna so far. Megan and Connor were getting married. Artemis had her sister. Here, nothing really Zatanna ish.

Has Phantom Stranger been depicted as African American before? I know the Spectre after Jim Corrigan was black but this Phantom Stranger is new to me.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Khalid is Dr Fate. Kent Nelson's great nephew.
Wow, I had no idea. If it's new52 stuff, I don't know much about it. Dunno who that evil little girl is either.

Anyhow, hope there's more Legion in the background. Would be awesome if there was a She-Ra Lookee thing going on where Phantom Lass or Invisible Kid or Shrinking Violet etc are seen hiding in the background, observing what the team is doing.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Dang! The war of the Chaos Kids has Savage worried enough to pull all his resources off Earth.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I want more of the fighting. Let them get more creative with their magic, hehe. Still, nothing on Zatanna's character. It's still Vandal's voiceover.

Oh the screaming match was cute, haha

Why is Etrigan linked to Klarion in the comics? Like Etrigan had a comic and Klarion was made into his enemy? Were they just made by the same creator? I don't think Klarion was involved with Morgan Le Fay when Etrigan was created.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I think this is my favorite episode this season so far. Some incredible deep lore, great magical fight a d Weisman bein cheeky as all hell

Blood's Sanctum featured the Phoenix Gate, Grimorum Arcanorum and Eye of Odin from Gargoyles!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I think this is my favorite episode this season so far. Some incredible deep lore, great magical fight a d Weisman bein cheeky as all hell

Blood's Sanctum featured the Phoenix Gate, Grimorum Arcanorum and Eye of Odin from Gargoyles!
You're kidding. Wow! I need to check the episode again for those!

That's sorta like how one of the Ben 10 episodes had Transformers Animated Lockdown's weapons on the wall of a bounty hunter.

Top Bottom