What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Conversely, I've also heard beau of the fifth mention that a short default would be less damage to the economy than the republican budget.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Oh, house ethics committees, even in republican states, are quite real. It's just that for the most part, they're also that soft spoken "conscious" character from the old cartoons. You know, the ones that were completely fine with being ignored and pushed around... right up until they weren't and started kicking ass.

Republicans have engaged in literally decades of "**** around" and "find out" is FINALLY starting to rear their head.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
If Paxton is impeached in the state House by a simple majority, he would be required to temporarily step down and be barred from performing his duties while the state Senate holds a trial on the impeachment counts.
I know this probably wouldn't have had a substantial impact on things during any of the four presidential impeachments that have happened in US history so far, but I like this rule and would recommend adopting it at all levels of government.

...Oh right, I clicked the link to find out what crimes the dude has probably done. Turns out the article doesn't say, but does have a handy link to another one from a couple days ago that says this:

For more than two hours, investigators presented findings alleging that Paxton sought to hide an affair, misused his office to help a donor, skirted protocols “grossly outside” norms and built a culture of fear and retaliation in his office. Investigators told the GOP-led House General Investigative Committee that there was evidence that Paxton had committed multiple felonies and misdemeanors over the years, including misuse of official information, abuse of official capacity and retaliation.
So pretty much exactly what Trump wants to do if he's reelected. Interesting. *takes notes*

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Not holding my breath to see any of it actually resolved any time soon. Sure, they want to punish Paxton, but they also don't want to set a precedent for actual consequences for their various misdeeds and corruptions.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Alright, so, I was watching "Ring of Fire" on youtube, and he was doing a bit on desantis's presidential chances and his campaign. Apparently it's DOA and no one is afraid of old ron...

Wait... why should we be afraid of him? I don't mean like his actions, his history or such shit. I am afraid of what he will do: but why do I have to be afraid of *him*? Why do they want me to fear my politicians in general?

Given the republicans bent on tyrannical authoritarianism, I don't know why this is surprising to me, but here we are.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
We should all be afraid of Republicans.

And no, I don't just means Americans. Republicans have shown they're more than happy to take everyone out with them as long as it means spiting a Democrat.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
No, I mean: I get that. I'm afraid of their actions and choices... IF they get power. But why should I be afraid of the individual? They want us to fear the person...

Ahhh, ****. Figured it out, it's just another power trip. In the same way they want to abuse and oppress people, they also want fear. They want us to be scared to look them in the eyes.

Quite frankly: I have no reason to be afraid of some limp wristed, sissy ******* punks like carlson or desantis. They play pretend at being tough guys, getting photo ops with rifles they can't shoot straight, and chopping wood that was already split: but they couldn't hack it in a real world crisis. If/when the world goes tits up people like me will be homebrewing bio diesel to keep the lights on and drinking soup outta their skulls.

Actually, desantis has a decent gut: probably have enough fat on him for candles through winter.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Being afraid of what a person wants to do and being afraid of them are just different ways of phrasing the same thing. I don't think anyone is suggesting that you should be nervous about being in the same room with any of these people.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Putting me in the same room as a couple of these bastards could solve several problems. Unfortunately, they're in the rooms that make the big decisions for the country.

NovaSaber

Citizen

You know, for a moment I felt a little bit of sympathy for Lauren Boebert because of how awful her husband (who she's divorcing) was...
then I learned she tried to stop her son from getting help.

The teen, sobbing and gasping for air, also says in the call that his mother has been living on a farmhouse on the property because she and his father have been having "problems."

Last month, Boebert, a Republican who represents the state's 3rd Congressional District, filed a petition for divorce from her husband.

"He was throwing me around," he said. "He called me a psycho."

The dispatcher directed an officer to come to the house. She then asked if there were weapons in the house.

"I mean, there are weapons in the house, yeah, but I don't think he'd use them on me," he replied. "He just does this to me so much."

"Hi, I'm the mom," Boebert said on the recording. "There was an argument over dinner. I understand you guys got to come down and talk to them."

She then said she was at a second location on their property. The dispatcher said she was sending officers to come talk to both Jayson and the teen to see if he needed help. A deputy came to the home but no legal action came from the response.

"He doesn't need help," Boebert said.

Ironbite4

Citizen
This! This is how you fight this stuff. Use the law to hit them where it hurts.

Ironbite-and show how hypocritical they really are.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
They're just gonna scream about it being an attack on their church or some other stupid bullshit.

Let them scream, I say.

Top Bottom