What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
Roe is always going to be a debate unfortunately. There is enough support on both side to make it that way.. They try to overturn the other things, they will lose so badly it will feel like reality is repeatedly kicking them in the balls. What is Scotus going to do, say sorry y'all, but you're no longer married because bigoted asshats find it gross.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I don't think it matters. It was "something" the republicans lost, and now they're in a position to attempt to actually, successfully, reverse that. So of course they're going to try it. All they have left are completely fabricated wedge issues and outrage.

Cradok

Citizen
While it's perfectly alright to try to institute a rule like "don't be a dick"; ultimately unless the guidelines are clearly explained it ends up trotting on the grounds of tiranny because absolutely everyone has their own definition of "dick", and you deliberately introduce bias into enforcement.

Yeah, I wasn't intending it to be a direct suggestion, more of an... anecdote? An inspiration? Either way, it's Hard to make a set of rules that is comprehensive, representative and proof from bad faith. The only way I've ever come up with that's even slightly workable is to find A Good Man, give him infinite will and make him immortal, and set him loose. And even then, I'd give it about a 25% chance of success. Not that the US constitution is a good try at it, far too many things basically function on good faith alone, and we can see how that's gone.

Bad faith actors are a thing. But in both of these cases, the system were their enablers. In America, the right leaning judicial system are basically looking the other way while red states ban abortion and suppress voter turnout. In your case, the admins of that site even made that poster a moderator and I am pretty sure they even banned people who criticized him. I think it really shows that there needs to be further accountability within these opaque systems. Several justices on the Supreme Court such as Thomas have connections to right-leaning organizations such as the Federalist Society and yet they don't recuse themselves when there are conflicts of interests. I think the same is true once you go further down the judicial system.

I legitimately forgot that Enterpriser was a mod at one point; it was in their shitposting forum, wasn't it? The Neutral Zone? His behavior ramped up considerably once he was de-modded, though. TrekBBS seems to be a pretty 'what's past is gone' kinda place, so old threads are gone and banned users are 'Guests', so it's hard to work out what happened and when, but I do remember when there was a change in head admin, a lot of hammers were dropped.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Here's one that actually is more stupid than it is evil....which doesn't mean it's not extremely harmful, it's just really stupid.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-lawmaker-links-coronavirus-vaccine-044628728.html
Ed Mazza
Tue, October 5, 2021, 11:46 PM·2 min read

New Hampshire state Rep. Ken Weyler (R) is facing bipartisan criticism after he shared wild conspiracy theories about the coronavirus involving Satan, the pope and 5G as well as tentacled creatures lurking in the COVID-19 vaccine.
The lengthy document that the 79-year-old chair of the House finance committee sent to his colleagues claims the vaccine is part of a plot “to gain 100% control over the minds of all of humanity.”

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

The biggest twist is the idea that Gaetz has friends. But I guess shit clumps together.....

NovaSaber

Citizen
https://www.vice.com/en/article/a3x...-mean-banning-some-republican-politicians-too

With every sort of content filter, there is a tradeoff, he explained. When a platform aggressively enforces against ISIS content, for instance, it can also flag innocent accounts as well, such as Arabic language broadcasters. Society, in general, accepts the benefit of banning ISIS for inconveniencing some others, he said.
In separate discussions verified by Motherboard, that employee said Twitter hasn’t taken the same aggressive approach to white supremacist content because the collateral accounts that are impacted can, in some instances, be Republican politicians.

ZUO0HZZ.jpg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So a reporter in Missouri happened to notice some SSNs were available if oyu looked in the source code of one of the Dept of Education sites for the state. So he reported it, waited for them to fix it, then published an article. Which led to a Missouri Govenor who apparently wants to be dunked on by the entire internet:

Oh dem ratios... and then AFTER this massive owning, both polite and non, he doubled down:

NnyqSec.png

Ironbite4

Citizen
Apparently she did this as a "joke". Or something.

Ironbite-I think she realized how bad this was gonna get and is trying to backtrack.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Apparently she did this as a "joke". Or something.

Ironbite-I think she realized how bad this was gonna get and is trying to backtrack.

Yeah, this isn't a joke. It's either she knows someone found out, or she was afraid someone would find out, so she posted this. So if the story did break, she could go to this post and go "See! It's all really a joke! It's fake news!"

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Matt Gaetz's pal Joel Greenberg is giving up so much dirt, they had to delay his sentencing twice.
At a brief hearing in Orlando federal court Monday, Roger Handberg, an assistant US attorney, said that Greenberg has made allegations to investigators that "take us to some places we did not anticipate."

Top Bottom